Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts (8477 Views)

FBI Links Bola Tinubu With Heroin Trafficking - Tinubu Cuts A Deal / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Buhari Distressed About Abuja Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by ayinba1(f): 11:34am On Jan 07, 2011
Be careful what you wish for. I see that some anti-islam individuals are really excited about the name alqaeda and them being responsible for the bomb blasts in Nigeria. Even to the point of linking mend to al Qaeda. Wow, i read thru all the responses and olaedo is the only one with some clue as to what this could mean for us all.

Think about it. When Iraq was attacked, did the bombs selectively pick out Muslims for death and spare the Christians? Again, be careful what you wish for. I will be very cautious in agreeing with this submission if it truly came from the US investigators. I will look out for the lives and safety of Nigerians first. GEJ, munch o that for a sec.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by freegaza(m): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2011
@Rhino, You live in Maiduguri?I live in Maid. And i know all what you have said is truth
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by violent(m): 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2011
ayinba1:

Be careful what you wish for. I see that some anti-islam individuals are really excited about the name alqaeda and them being responsible for the bomb blasts in Nigeria. Even to the point of linking mend to al Qaeda. Wow, i read thru all the responses and olaedo is the only one with some clue as to what this could mean for us all.

Think about it. When Iraq was attacked, did the bombs selectively pick out Muslims for death and spare the Christians? Again, be careful what you wish for. I will be very cautious in agreeing with this submission if it truly came from the US investigators. I will look out for the lives and safety of Nigerians first. GEJ, munch o that for a sec.

. . this is no anti islam thread and it doesn't take rocket science to figure out that those islamic extremists share the same objectives with their al-qaeda couterparts. . . .we can't afford to resort to silence or too careful approach, we did that already
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2011
The greatest perpetrators of Terror worldwide are :

1.IRAN
2.SAUDI ARABIA

Nigeria wake up.

Muslim brothers wake up before AL Qaeda turns northern Nigeria into Somalia

Christian brothers wake up before AL Qaeda adds bombing to the twin woes of Armed Robbery and Kidnapping , to make life a complete misery.

Diasporians, lets all get together and offer our services for the great country Nigeria to fight against this scourge.

WAKE UP , WAKE UP, WAKE UP

THIS IS JIHAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give the Jihadists the Nigerian treatment, ZERO TOLERANCE.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Nsiman(m): 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2011
Zero tolerance in nigeria that as many as u can imagine are money mongers? Only prayers changes things
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by nitrogen(m): 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2011
i see danger. sefini
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by twinskenny(m): 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2011
okay

what does OSAMA want from us oil?
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by javabeasns: 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2011
While the efforts of GEJ is commendable, i am not very comfortable with the 'US assistance' going by their antecendents and aims at world domination. Recall, wikileaks cables on nigeria, the shell conspiracy, their prediction of nigeria's disintegration by 2015, indirect grounding of our major technological plant namely(Ajaokuta Steel complex and Eleme Petrochemicals). What about retired general victor malu comments on the american team that came one time to train the nigerian army but indirectly came to assess the strength of our military. I expected GEJ to request assistance from the FBI/US government in terms of equipment, training and resources not directly opening up our unclothedness to them.

It's time for us to know that American interest in our issues may not be in our overall interest
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by saworoide: 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2011
Who was responsible for the Bomb blast in Bayelsa State??
It is also Al-qaeda I guess. I'm not surprised that MEND is being linked to Al-Qaeda as FBI will hang anything unto Alqaeda to serve thair purpose.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by born2boink(m): 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2011
mmmmmmmmmmm make we dey watch, we are not running anyway, Naija4life
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Ruq: 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2011
Na so dem go just dey link rubbish to rubbish like say na pipe. So whats al-quaida's mission in Nigeria? To correct our govt?
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Calebeslove4u(m): 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2011
Were d so called boko haran not part of d amnesty stuff?
Since they refused surendering i'll sugest d fed govmt sends d JTF 2 their camp & destroy it& also kil evry killable b4 they'll cause more havoc.
Afterall they did so 2 millitants in ND just few weeks ago. Besides d militnts in d ND even hav more suphisticated weapons dan dos boko haran.
"grin FASTER D BETTER O !!"[color=#000099][/color]
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Rhino5dm: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2011
frosbel:

The greatest perpetrators of Terror worldwide are :

1.IRAN
2.SAUDI ARABIA

Nigeria wake up.

Muslim brothers wake up before AL Qaeda turns northern Nigeria into Somalia

Christian brothers wake up before AL Qaeda adds bombing to the twin woes of Armed Robbery and Kidnapping , to make life a complete misery.

Diasporians, lets all get together and offer our services for the great country Nigeria to fight against this scourge.

WAKE UP , WAKE UP, WAKE UP

THIS IS JIHAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give the Jihadists the Nigerian treatment, ZERO TOLERANCE.

Let me complete the puzzle for you. . .

1.IRAN

2.SAUDI ARABIA

3. U.S.A

4. ISREAL.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Nsiman(m): 1:55pm On Jan 07, 2011
Al-qaeda has just surfaced in nigeria just as atiku promised us hell, i think atiku must have a link with this group from an islamic country
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Blackteeth(m): 2:07pm On Jan 07, 2011
What is Al qaeda's motive for setting the bombs? They are surely sponsored by some politicans in the country.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Rhino5dm: 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2011
Al-qaeda has been around for long in nigeria and other poor African countries with the sole aim of recruiting fighters for jihadist in Afghans and Iraq.

okay. where do you think those goon carrying rocket lunchers and guns came from?? mars . they have been having supply from north and west africa for long. . . . . . . .

Nsiman:

Al-qaeda has just surfaced in nigeria just as atiku promised us hell, i think atiku must have a link with this group from an islamic country
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Rhino5dm: 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2011
an goboro kile wa sile?? wink. . . . . not anymore, i used to stay @ low cost housing close to shehu's palace. i missed those tall portable shuwa

girls tongue tongue. kanuri not my type, too tribalistic for my liking. . . . . . .

freegaza:

@Rhino, You live in Maiduguri?I live in Maid. And i know all what you have said is truth
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Ecash1: 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2011
Very odd. I wish we could rely on our investigators.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 07, 2011
[size=14pt]'Nigeria's Taliban': How Big a Threat?[/size]

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1913796,00.html
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by maclatunji: 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Let me complete the puzzle for you. . .

1.IRAN

2.SAUDI ARABIA

3. U.S.A

4. ISREAL.

And the U.S.A. and SAUDI ARABIA are good friends too.

Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by semid4lyfe(m): 3:46pm On Jan 07, 2011
How convenient for the FBI to link Al-Qaeda to the Abuja bOmb blasts.

Nonsense!
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by daroz(m): 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2011
Personally I dont believe Al-queda is responsible for the bombing. The act was carried out by desperate politicians, who made it look like al-queda. What will they want in nigeria?
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by tlops(m): 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2011
o ga gan oh, so it has d´gone from ritual killings to scamming to kidnapping now bombing. where is our dear nation heading to,

please do not include bombing into our daily lives
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Princek12(m): 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2011
Many Muslims openly decry Al Qaeda but privately espouse them, so this idea that Muslims want to overthrow a democratically elected government and replace it with a Sharia government is plausible.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Xfactoria: 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2011
saworoide:

Who was responsible for the Bomb blast in Bayelsa State??
It is also Al-qaeda I guess. I'm not surprised that MEND is being linked to Al-Qaeda as FBI will hang anything unto Alqaeda to serve thair purpose.

Guys,

Let us drop anti-American sentiments and face the real facts!

The FBI report says the bombs are all from the same source.

In October last year, there were intelligence reports linking MEND (Okah & Co) to Al Qaeda. They were said to be involved in arms deal. Perhaps, MEND is sourcing weapons from Al Qaeda or vice versa. Okah is not a freedom fighter but a confirmed arms dealer.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os4086.html

I can only infer that the relationship between Al Qaeda and MEND is that of sourcing for arms from each other. This MEND in question is definitely Okah's faction and not those genuinely fighting for freedom. Okah could be helping them to import arms into the country. It is not impossible. Okah will do anything for money. He wouldn't even care about religion as long as money is involved.

Then to say that the US have ulterior motives in trying to assist the FG anti terrorism initiatives could be mischievous. Save for oil, Nigeria can rot in hell as far as the Americans are concerned. So if this is not directly about oil, then we should see the sincerity in their offer of assistance. Maybe Nigeria's unity or continued existence is paramount to them because of the oil, but at least, we stand a lot to gain in their support for the FG to ensure security of our own lives and properties in our country. Lets not be overly sentimental on issues that demand objectivity.

Our security personnels are helpless and the bombings continue. If it takes the US to come and assist (whether genuinely or otherwise) for our lives to be saved from these criminals, I am all for it.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Princek12(m): 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2011
To my Muslim brethren: what is the big deal about Sharia that makes it attractive to Muslims? And do you guys really want Nigeria to be an Islamic state? Please respond honestly.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Xfactoria: 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2011
daroz:

Personally I dont believe Al-queda is responsible for the bombing. The act was carried out by desperate politicians, who made it look like al-queda. What will they want in nigeria?

This smirks of ignorance! There had been Al Qaeda links in the north even before Yar'adua died and before the 2011 campaigns kicked off at all levels.

Ask yourself, was Mutallab paid by politicians in Nigeria? Did you hear Mutallab's confessions that youths like him who have been recruited by Al Qaeda abounds in the north? Do you think a movement like Boko Haram is what somebody just conceived in a day?

Keep displaying your ignorance.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by dvee2: 4:22pm On Jan 07, 2011
I dont care wether al queda,boko haram,or MEND.If you kill innocent people you should face the full wrath of the law.There are religious fundamentalist in the North,thats a non contest,we all know foreign elements will always want to take advantage of this situation.it is now the responsibility of our security network to nip this in the bud before it goes out of hand or we are all in trouble,NORTH/SOUTH.
However trying to make MEND terrorist group look like saint in comparison to Boko haram is pure hypocrisy.they are all killers and terrorist,full stop.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2011
Terrorism is a global evil, and it was only a matter 0f time before like all else , it found it;s way into Nigeria, my friends it was only a matter of time. Look @ the Northern Nigeria, a place of poverty and suffering, a place were the elite use their religious fanaticism and extremist schools to psychologically brain wash the youth, a place were they are taught to blame the south for their woes and hate those that are different from themselves, we should only pray that it can be stopped on time before this country indeed become another Afghanistan, becos we are well o the road to being a war torn terrorist devastated state,
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 07, 2011
Has this got anything to do with the recent directive by the government that all schools in lagos remained closed till the 4th of february. My children's school resumed yesterday and only to be told today to proceed on another vacation till feb. 4th.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Lanrefemi: 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2011
Nigerians need to wake up and take this more seriously.

I live in UK and the level of terror attack threat from islamic organisations in uk and the rest of europe is shocking.

These islamic terrorists thrive on fear, look at what is happening in parkistan, somalia, yemen, etc.
We all need to stand up and fight against this islamic extremism before it gets out of hand.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Princek12(m): 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2011
This Islam religion sef. Na only una? Yes. I said it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enugu State Emergency Agency Says No Cause For Alarm Over Gas Leak / Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year / FG Reduces Cost Of Importing Food By $2bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.