Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? (24588 Views)

Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity / Nigerian Senate Makes Case For Nuclear Energy / South East PDP Governors Re-consider The Buhari Option (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Imoh555(m): 10:15am On Apr 22, 2020
Why mot
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by masciv: 10:15am On Apr 22, 2020
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Seventy7kings: 10:15am On Apr 22, 2020
Make anything wey wan happen happen. I don't give a fvck
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Seventy7kings: 10:16am On Apr 22, 2020
Imoh555:
Why mot
mot kwa? undecided unto say you wan book space
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by abdullkabar(m): 10:16am On Apr 22, 2020
Ideally, No
But its still a choice

We have abundant of renewable energies like Wind, Solar, and hydro.
I think its better to explore those ones with minimal dangers than going nuclear(considering our lackadaisical attitude)
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 22, 2020
as long as its built in daura or sambisa, or maybe in aso rock, its okay

undecided undecided
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by olumide3367(m): 10:17am On Apr 22, 2020
I will be your host and I will take you through the following:

1. Organic Poultry farming which include Broilers, layers, Cockerel, Noilers etc. From your backyard.

2. Organic Fish farming from hatching to table size. From your backyard.

3. Organic Snail Farming using self feed and watering method from your backyard.

4. Organic pig farming
(The no smell method).

5. Organic Goat farming from your backyard.

6. Organic Rabbit farming. You can start make money from the by-product even before selling the Rabbit itself. From your backyard

7. Organic Treatments/medication for all Livestocks. No more Gumboro & Lasota, No more Synthetic drugs and antibiotics.

8. Home made Feed formulation for all livestocks. Reduce cost of Feeding from 70% to 30%.

9. Crops and vegetable farming with little or no space in a bucket or sack bag at your backyard.

10. How to prepare Organic Multivitamin with Calcium and Electrolyte, Organic Broad spectrum, Molasses, ACV, LAB,IMO, Tagiri, Organic antibiotics, Organic fertilizer, Organic Pesticide etc. With this, you can start selling the supplement to people around you.

Bonus Class:
1. How to produce millions of odourless maggots to feed all livestocks with 40% Crude protein.

2. Free mentorship for 3 months.

This is not just a training, but an empowerment program to help you cope with this pandemic.

Interested person should Contact: *DM on whatsapp 07015585967* now to secure a slot.

Few slots remaining.

1500# per course and 50% discount for all courses
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Superjazz: 10:19am On Apr 22, 2020
jerryunit48:
The west will not let that happen... just imagine someone like Idi Amin having a nuclear power
Have you heard of F-22 raptor and B-2 spirit bomber grin grin there are there to treat his fuckup
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Staphylococcus: 10:19am On Apr 22, 2020
donbachi:
What africa need is human capacity building,agriculture,business and people friendly policies and open market..not some nuclear energy.

Human capacity in the absence of steady electricity?

Agriculture and business, what drives this sectors?

Energy is the bane root.
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by AgabaIDu2: 10:20am On Apr 22, 2020
[s]
Staphylococcus:

Human capacity in the absence of steady electricity?

Agriculture and business, what drives this sectors?

Energy is the Bain root.
[/s]
shatap there and get out
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by WiszyFraud: 10:20am On Apr 22, 2020

1 Like

Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by ednut1(m): 10:20am On Apr 22, 2020
No investor will invest in a place where he cannot recoup his investment. Africans are too poor to pay the electricity tariffs
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by RemoveKebab: 10:20am On Apr 22, 2020
Hell no
We cant manage oil spillage(Nigeria especially) how much more the more dangerous nuclear wastes

1 Like

Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Litmus: 10:21am On Apr 22, 2020
Which one is Africa? You mean Nigeria, South Africa, Egypt, Algeria etc

The current fashion for lumping all Nations on the continent under the term 'Africa' may be viewed in some quarters as racists and, as far as it is relevant to us, a deliberate act of limiting Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by ALABACONNECT(m): 10:21am On Apr 22, 2020
It is a very good as it would improve Africa in many ways but using Nigeria as a benchmark, we are far from ready. We don't see such as a country means of improvement but as a business venture.

Point is, we are not ready.

For your smart TVs, ACs and Soundsystems, check my signature
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Reference(m): 10:22am On Apr 22, 2020
Absolutely yes, until renewables are affordable.
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by DanseMacabre(m): 10:23am On Apr 22, 2020
mrvitalis:

Oga how much would it cost and where would the money come from

Why you come quote the whole post na
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 22, 2020
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Mtola8: 10:26am On Apr 22, 2020
Good day nairalanders. I've been an avid reader on this platform and I've seen the Goodwill of people on here. Please, I am in need!! I've no means to get money or foodstuff, Please any good Samaritan can ask for my account details. God bless
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Caseless: 10:27am On Apr 22, 2020
Fidelismaria:

I wonder what people mean when they say we're not ready yet?

Community policing
we're not ready yet

Restructuring
we're not ready yet

New constitution
we're not ready yet

what exactly is Nigeria ready for?

Don't mind them. We are getting poorer everyday. I think that's the only thing we're ready for - poverty. Power generation is the bedrock of every development we are looking for. Let's take the risk.
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by benzazae(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2020
Yes, it's time for all of us to die.
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Christmasdon(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2020
WHAT TOOK THE AMERICANS 100YEARS TO BUILD.AFRICAN WANTS TO BUILD THE SAME THING IN 1YEAR.
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 22, 2020
If any African nation has the ressources to man and meticulously monitor nuclear reactors then they should go for it.

France has built several reactors over the decades and no one has questioned them.
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by LegacyB: 10:28am On Apr 22, 2020
MrStan11:
grin

Stop using Nigeria's unpreparedness to compare other nations.
The world is moving forward and we re stuck on politics of North and South, Religion and tribalism.
lol.... well said. The irony is the people looting do not even believe in this divide. It is the common man (the looted)that help propagate this useless divide. See i would always prefer an Igbo or Hausa good friend to a bad Yoruba blood brother. Who tribe or religion help!!!!!
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Obiomon: 10:28am On Apr 22, 2020
WHO ELSE IS HAVING A boring quarantine ? CLINK THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE AND LETS HAVE SOME FUN grin
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Ykc2(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2020
Let Nigeria build the nuclear reactor in osun or kebbi state we are one Nigeria
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:29am On Apr 22, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
No.. We are not ready yet

yes na but not in Nigeria after EDO people join biafra to form a federation

we go do away with the evil of federal character !. we will put the best engineers who will not blow us
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by Endybest5050: 10:30am On Apr 22, 2020
English.....all I know is that we have the capacity to generate light to at least 100million Nigerians. The thing is is our power sector derive pleasure seing our cities dark...as far as I can tell NEPA is one of the agent of darkness that I know. They just want to prove to a newly born baby that Electricity is different from sunlight- that electricity is man made while sun is God.. Good lesson anyway...thunder fia fia...

1 Like

Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by bmdmixer: 10:31am On Apr 22, 2020
ExAngel007:
yes
why
Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by VaselineCrew: 10:33am On Apr 22, 2020
Fidelismaria:

I wonder what people mean when they say we're not ready yet?

Community policing
we're not ready yet

Restructuring
we're not ready yet

New constitution
we're not ready yet

what exactly is Nigeria ready for?

I do agree with you, except for this Nuclear power, cause truly, we are not ready yet!!!

However, we are soo ready for all the things you listed above and then add compulsory education for all, then we will be ready for nuclear power.

1 Like

Re: Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? by risos(m): 10:33am On Apr 22, 2020
Even the small energy wey dey, mA waste people dey waste am. I don see house wet no get switch bulb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 / Chijioke Ugwueze Is Dead / Buhari Appoints New Members To EFCC Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.