Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k (11527 Views)

Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. / 45-Year-Old Nigerian Woman Celebrates As She Welcomes Twins After 13 Years / "Washing Machine Should Be Banned In Nigeria Because It's Making Women Lazy"-man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by JEmma1(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hi nairalanders,

I and my wife were searching online for a washing machine that will serve our laundry, we just got married and we are expecting a baby soon.

I came up with some options on konga but I need some advice as its my first time shopping for a washing machine, I haven't really own one before. My budget is 45- 55k, I'm looking for a strong product with good features and one that can handle basic laundry like clothing, bed sheets.

I came up with these options

Product 1
https:///product/nexus-nexus-7kg-semi-automatic-washing-machine-nx-wm-7sabi-blue-4520790

Product 2
https:///product/haier-thermocool-top-load-semi-auto-washing-machine-blue-tlsa06-6kg-3879205

Product 3
https:///product/polystar-washing-machine-7kg-pv-wd7k-4684215

I would appreciate your candid recommendations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by neonly: 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2020
To be sincere you can't get a good washing machine dat wash and spin at dat price except tokunbo
The one you are showing are spoil easily honestly don't be deceived
Save more buy d type dat wash and spin that has capacity to do hot washing has well
Or better go for foreign fairly used in d market

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by saxwizard(m): 2:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
hisense 5kg
check local store..
i have been using it for a while now and no issues

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by fineboynl(m): 2:56pm On Apr 22, 2020
a good washing machine that can serve you for years. probably used by dry cleaners are from 80k above. and they so come with dryer.
Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by frozen70(f): 3:23am On Apr 23, 2020
JEmma1:
Hi nairalanders,

I and my wife were searching online for a washing machine that will serve our laundry, we just got married and we are expecting a baby soon.

I came up with some options on konga but I need some advice as its my first time shopping for a washing machine, I haven't really own one before. My budget is 45- 55k, I'm looking for a strong product with good features and one that can handle basic laundry like clothing, bed sheets.

Product 1
https:///product/nexus-nexus-7kg-semi-automatic-washing-machine-nx-wm-7sabi-blue-4520790

Product 2
https:///product/haier-thermocool-top-load-semi-auto-washing-machine-blue-tlsa06-6kg-3879205

Product 3

If you want peace of mind , pls follow this advice

Get a washing marching of 6kg for the entire family incase your family starts expanding

Buy LG products, not from any how stores because of tamparing

Google their direct sales out address and you will get one close to your location

Budget like 50/60k and you will be happy you did

You can even go to their show room and see things for yourself then come back and discuss with wifey

Their direct sales stores is called fouani Nigeria limited, Google it

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by Nobody: 3:45am On Apr 23, 2020
saxwizard:
hisense 5kg

check local store..

i have been using it for a while now and no issues

See ehn I have this washing machine, I swear it amazes me how it literally dries it after washing and it washes well. My GF loves it because I hate washing , but now I wash clothes easily

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by JEmma1(m): 3:55am On Apr 23, 2020
frozen70:

Thanks for this suggestion, I'll do just that
Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by JEmma1(m): 3:57am On Apr 23, 2020
pcguru1:

saxwizard hisense 5kg

Please can you share the model of the hisense 5kg washing.

Thanks for your recommendation
Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by frozen70(f): 4:05am On Apr 23, 2020
JEmma1:

Thanks for this suggestion, I'll do just that

You will be glad you did
Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by nams77: 4:34am On Apr 23, 2020
JEmma1:

I know so many persons have said several stuff up there but listen to me ( coming from someone with lots of experience on this).

If you can, get an LG washing machine like frozen70 said. I have one( semi-automatic) and its been 5 years now and not even a ding. Its working flawlessly.

Or,
Looking at the list u gave up there, take the thermocool. My laundry man has one and it has been working for ages! No issues. Just imagine using a washing machine for commercial purposes for years without issue.

Go for a brand new manual ( semi-automatic) top loader with spinner.
The semi-automatic are rugged, resilient, less prone to damage and less complicated( no glitches)
Enjoy your new home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by Nobody: 4:58am On Apr 23, 2020
JEmma1:

This is the model, I wanted to buy the 200k type of washing machine but I was being cheap so bought this instead, I assumed it would just wash, I didn't know about the spinner, I was extremely shocked how well it dried the cloth after washing , it dries it so well that it can dry on the line less than an hour or in 30mins. Real value for money i swear and it washes so well. if it could iron clothes my life would be perfect.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by egopersonified(f): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2020
nams77:

I know so many persons have said several stuff up there but listen to me ( coming from someone with lots of experience on this).

If you can, get an LG washing machine like frozen70 said. I have one( semi-automatic) and its been 5 years now and not even a ding. Its working flawlessly.

Or,
Looking at the list u gave up there, take the thermocool. My laundry man has one and it has been working for ages! No issues. Just imagine using a washing machine for commercial purposes for years without issue.

Go for a brand new manual ( semi-automatic) top loader with spinner.
The semi-automatic are rugged, resilient, less prone to damage and less complicated( no glitches)
Enjoy your new home

frozen70:

If you want peace of mind , pls follow this advice

Get a washing marching of 6kg for the entire family incase your family starts expanding

Buy LG products, not from any how stores because of tamparing

Google their direct sales out address and you will get one close to your location

Budget like 50/60k and you will be happy you did

You can even go to their show room and see things for yourself then come back and discuss with wifey

bought this LG manual 11 years ago, no issue till date

1 Like

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by frozen70(f): 8:12am On Apr 23, 2020
egopersonified:

bought this LG manual 11 years ago, no issue till date

Yes you are right, the top loader beats it all, the nick name is Roller jet

2 Likes

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by JEmma1(m): 9:04am On Apr 23, 2020
pcguru1:

I looked on Jumia and product appeared to have good ratings, popular and the price is good as well, its within my budget..

May I ask how long you've been using the hisense 5kg washing machine for ?

The model is - Wm Wsja 551

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by simplepee(f): 9:17am On Apr 23, 2020
pcguru1:

This is the model, I wanted to buy the 200k type of washing machine but I was being cheap so bought this instead, I assumed it would just wash, I didn't know about the spinner, I was extremely shocked how well it dried the cloth after washing , it dries it so well that it can dry on the line less than an hour or in 30mins. Real value for money i swear and it washes so well. if it could iron clothes my life would be perfect.
How much did you get it?
Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 23, 2020
JEmma1:

I looked on Jumia and product appeared to have good ratings, popular and the price is good as well..

May I ask how long you've been using the hisense 5kg washing machine for ?

The model is - Wm Wsja 551

Like 2 months now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 23, 2020
simplepee:
How much did you get it?

Around 56k or less I think but it's fifty something range
Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by JEmma1(m): 9:40am On Apr 23, 2020
nams77:

So I also did some research the LG WP-750RC appears to be similar to the hisense 5kg (Wm Wsja 551) in design and also features. But the price on both jumia, and konga is around 90k. Quite high

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by nams77: 9:55am On Apr 23, 2020
JEmma1:

So I also did some research the LG WP-750RC appears to be similar to the hisense 5kg (Wm Wsja 551) in design and also features. But the price on both jumia, and konga is around 90k. Quite high
Go for the thermocool bro. Make sure you get it from their major warehouse.

I am only inclined to use hisense if i am planning on getting their TVs. They use to be quite affordable but are now going out of reach.

I read a review of hisense washing machine in a foreign online site. Most persons said it worked fine. It was an automatic though. Yet to asked anyone using it here.

Hisense aint bad too they make pretty solid stuff. I wouldn't advice you get their freezer/fridge though. Some little complain here and there about ability to retain coldness for long. Thermocool is KING in the fridge/freezer department

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by frozen70(f): 10:04am On Apr 23, 2020
JEmma1:

You are making me to loose interest in giving you the same advice I will give my own brother

What are you searching for in Jumia and konga

Are they the importer

I have already referred you to the importers and sole distributor

You are getting it from the direct source where Jumia and Konga are getting there's

Anyway, it's your money that is involve, just do your wish

7 Likes

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 23, 2020
U don't need big machine. Nigeria has very good weather that can dry clothes even inside the house.
Go for any machine that can wash properly. Some don't.
U need spinning only and dry outside or inside as the case maybe.

Drying clothes with machine reduces the lifespan drastically.

8 Likes

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by khatea: 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
JEmma1:

Bought this exact WP - 750 at 52k in mid February for a friend. I use the exact type for 2yrs now too no issues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by JEmma1(m): 8:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
khatea:

Bought this exact WP - 750 at 52k in mid February for a friend. I use the exact type for 2yrs now too no issues

Please can you link me with where you got it?
Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
pcguru1:

that hisense 10kg washing machine bought it 65k 2018 still works very well... Op go for this, like she said functionality " Am also experiencing the same thing..
Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by khatea: 10:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
JEmma1:

Please can you link me with where you got it?

Ikorodu garage beside a weaveon shop facing d roundabout !!! If I can get d receipt, I'll send u his no tmrw

1 Like

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by jellybabee(f): 11:57am On Apr 24, 2020
JEmma1:
Hi nairalanders,

Product 1

Product 2
https:///product/haier-thermocool-top-load-semi-auto-washing-machine-blue-tlsa06-6kg-3879205 please where is your location ? I have 5kg Lg washing machine I seriously need to sell please. It is intact and in good condition.I bought April,2018. @N52,500.

Product 3

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by jellybabee(f): 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
JEmma1:
Hi nairalanders,

Product 1

Product 2
https:///product/haier-thermocool-top-load-semi-auto-washing-machine-blue-tlsa06-6kg-3879205 please where is your location ? I have 5kg Lg washing machine I seriously need to sell please. It is intact and in good condition.I bought April,2018. @N52,500.

Product 3

please where is your location? I have 5kg Lg washing machine I seriously need to sell please. It is intact and in good condition. I bought it April,2018 @52,500.
Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by jellybabee(f): 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
JEmma1:

this 5kg ,is the one I have, if you wish to buy it from me pls. It washes well and spins good. It has never been faculty.
Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by JEmma1(m): 9:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
khatea:

Are you able to get the contact..?
Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by JEmma1(m): 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2020
jellybabee:
Thanks, I would want to buy a brand new one
Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by mexxy1(m): 2:20am On Apr 26, 2020
JEmma1:
Thanks, I would want to buy a brand new one

@JEmma1, if you can go for this Scanfrost. I've been using it since 2016 till now with no issues apart from when rats got in through the bottom and chewed 13 cables which, since I'm a technically inclined person, I opened the machine, discovered the damage and simply matched and joined back the wires. This was a year ago and it's still working.

It happened because, the machine stays outside and there's a hole at the bottom from the factory (which I have since blocked with a wire mesh) to prevent a repeat.

It was about #44,350 (just checked my shopping history on Konga) back when I got it and someone recently bought same after seeing ours. I bought on Konga then but, if you can get it cheaper than Konga, please do. Like I said, 2016 till date no issues and there's no week it isn't used at least once.

Screenshot proof of when I bought it attached.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 26, 2020
I bought an LG rolle jet and used it for 6 years. I gave it out to my dry cleaner and bought another bigger LG rollerjet.
Trust me, you don't need any of that fancy washing machine. The rollerjet does a good job and the quality is top notch. Try and buy from an accredited dealer.

I once had the automatic washing machine and it was a headache. The washing cycle was too long and cumbersome and it consumes a lot of water. Unfortunately, it didn't last 3 years.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! / T / When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.