Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. (19115 Views)

Sure Home Marriage Seminar On Zoom: A Focus On Money / Lady Reveals How Her Wicked Aunt Maltreated And Denied Her Of Going To School / Photos Of A Boy Who Takes His Disabled Mum To Work Daily Before Going To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by MaryAye(f): 11:33am On Sep 02, 2022
Top of the morning to you all.

I will try to make this missive brief. In 200level, I dropped out of school because I took in. The guy I was pregnant for later died few months later.

I stayed with my mum and eventually gave birth and I nursed my boy and provided for him because my parent were financially handicapped.

Few months later, I started a fruit biz. It eventually flourish and I was able to get an apartment and I started providing for myself and my boy.

Although biz is not as flourishing as before due to the present nation's predicament. Not much sales. Things are getting a bit bad.

Now, I'm at the crossroad. I really want to pick a school of nursing form but my boy and biz is stunting my plans. I'm confuse. Please, what will you advise me to do?

Should I look for the form or focus on my biz?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by mariahAngel(f): 11:39am On Sep 02, 2022
How old is your son now?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by rickpat(m): 11:41am On Sep 02, 2022
education is very good ....your choice of going for nursing is fantastic...but how will you pay the fees?..your son can be with your parents while you school and still be there for him....the only issue here is just the financial part since you won't be doing your business...but trust me if you can really go through that school of nursing it will be worth and gives you better opportunities and a better life for your son too...

I really wish you the best in this... trust me education is really a good thing

95 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Lonestar124: 11:45am On Sep 02, 2022
If you haven't save up to 1million naira in your account, continue with your business that has been sustaining you and your son all this while..

Don't mixed the both together if you haven't generate the above mentioned amount of money.....My Advice!!!!!!

48 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Rechargeam247(f): 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2022
You will have to find a way to manage everything together. It's not going to be easy but it's doable.

12 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Grace045(f): 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
Just do anyone that will definitely pay you
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo

Start Blogging Business And Thank

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Turks12: 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by SALLYBERRY01(m): 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
Any decision you later decide on i wish you best of luck

8 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Dreamoftheendle: 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
forget school completely. focus on your business and build your empire.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by mcmurphy132(m): 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
90% us here know the best answer as far as this country is concerned but the fear of nairaland insult is the beginning of wisdom

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by uuzba(m): 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
Focus on your business now and make enough money from it.
Later, if you're still interested, use your money to study in a private Uni or overseas,
anywhere that they won't wreck your life with ASUU strike.

21 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Krublog(m): 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
Za xu!!!
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Bosenan: 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
go back to school
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by urbobo20(m): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
My sister save money before u go back to school

16 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Abandag: 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
grin
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaryAye:
Now, I'm at a crossroads. I really want to pick a school of nursing form but my boy and biz is stunting my plans. I'm confuse. Please, what will you advise me to do? Should I look for the form or focus on my biz?
Question for you. If you pick up the nursing school form, what plan do you have for taking care of your son then? undecided
And how old is the child at this time? undecided

8 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by Veron44: 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
Yes o
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by NozinoGroup: 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
If you can afford tuition + accommodation + books+practical fees+ living expenses for the entire 3years or you have something that can foot the bill, and someone to take care of your son because you can’t take him to school and you have to stay in school hostel, go for it. In 3years time, you’d be glad you took the risk.

14 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by ugohazyy: 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
Business all the way,..

6 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by effort1: 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
No mattwr how much you make from thaf business, please complete your education and keep the certificate; you don't know tomorrow

8 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by mcfestgee: 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
You can still go to school and succeed in whatever career you choose to undertake. If you really want to do something, you will find a way of getting it done otherwise you will look for excuses. when there is a will, there a way.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by ShangTsung000: 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
Do what will make you happy.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by grandstar(m): 4:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
I don't see much future in nursing except you plan to relocate to the US and work there. I might be wrong so educate me.

If the fruit business was previously booming, I would advise you to continue with it until business improves. Once Buhari steps down next year, I suspect the business environment would begin to flourish again, or at least beat the disaster it presently is. You might just need to be patience.

Things have changed dramatically over the past 30 years but many are still stuck in the 1990s, even the most advanced countries suffer from this as well.

Why do I say this? It took a Pandemic to alert the world that millions can telecommute using online. Even religious services were held on Zoom. My brother who works for a bank says he does more work at home than in the office.

Things have changed big time and why not be part of that change? Why not fund something you can do online. Check out a freelancing site like Fiverr.com and see what skill you can offer, or what skill you can learn in order to make money on the site. Video editing is in big demand for instance. You can also write articles.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by lawrenzooo: 4:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
How old are you and how old is your son?
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. by strangest(m): 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
How about the late guys family? I believe they should be happy their son's seed is still available....

Go for NOUN... You can work and study at the same time.... I think they have a nursing degree too

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adopted Son Or Biological Son: Who Gets One's Inheritance? / As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? / Why Ladies Refuse To Build With Guys !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.