Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included (63130 Views)

A Kidney Now Costs $262,000; Heart, $119,000, UN Warns Nigerians / Is COVID-19 Likely To Be A Pandemic Proportions For The Next 2year? / AIDS Epidemic 'a Crisis Of Epic Proportions' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
Yersinia pestis
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by HundredWays(m): 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
AregbeFufu:
cry
Damn, this doesn't sound good at all.
I'm particularly worried about Yoruba land and the far North.
The hunger in these places is already frightening as it is and UN is still prophesying more hunger.
People will practically eat themselves up.
One million boys will now become one billion boys shocked
God save Yoruba land.
u won't talk about ur land u are talking about North....
North Produce the highest food production in the country... argue wit ur Keypad

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by Ayo8(m): 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ayo8:
This COULD be the sequence of events if no improvement in oil price say in 6months...

FG Deplete external reserve
FG can't pay salaries
No allocation to state govt <<<--- June
State govt cant pay salaries
Nation grinds to a halt
Severe hunger in the land <<<--- UN
Revolu***n.

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by Investnow2017: 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
BREAKING : Kano Runs Out Of COVID-19 Test Kits, As NCDC Suspends Operations

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC ) COVID-19 test laboratory centre in Kano has suspended operations.

It was gathered that Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on April,9th activated COVID-19 test centre at Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano.

According to The Nation Newspaper, the Director, Centre for Infectious Diseases Research, Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH), Prof. Isah Abubakar revealed this on Wednesday that the centre had run out of test kits such as reagents.

He said the shortage was observed on Tuesday when the Centre tested 44 persons and the reagents were only enough for 40 as the results for the other four was invalid due to shortage of the reagents

‘’Right now as I speak to you, the 4 others that the results were invalid yesterday have been sent to Abuja to complete the test and get results.”

Prof. Isah Abubakar explained that they have notified the NCDC headquarters in Abuja and expecting them to restock the centre.

However, Kano as at Tuesday night has 73 positive cases and one death while no patient has been discharged.

To this end, Kano state is now enveloped with strange mass deaths but the cause is yet to be uncovered.
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by Twinmama(f): 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
For Nigeria, if all those past leaders have diversified the economy to agriculture and others, we wouldn't have been in the list of the supposededly hard hit.
Shame on our past and present leaders. Hope they are planning on drinking this oil.

My advice, if anyone have any small piece of land, please plant. Also you can plant if you don't have a piece of land, a little space will do, sack farming is very sensible presently, may the rains never cease Amen.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by babajero(m): 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
FeliciaOja:
Blame It On T.B Joshua
The same TB Joshua you mentioned like your life depended on it, also warned about this crises repeatedly many years back, but nobody did anything about it and hypocrites like you will never say anything about it.
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by AregbeFufu: 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
HundredWays:
u won't talk about ur land u are talking about North....
North Produce the highest food production in the country... argue wit ur Keypad
Seriously?
Then how come the North is always synonymous with hunger and food crisis.
I think northern Farmers ought to stop selling food to the richer south and stock food for the North cause the road ahead is very bumpy.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by Twinmama(f): 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
Roon9:
Biblical proportions eh? One of which women were eating their own sons?

God forbid tho. It would never come to that

Would you have ever imagined that a pandemic of this magnitude can hit the world?
My dear, anything is possible. Just let's do our own part and ask God for mercy.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by goodlistener: 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
cry
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
why won't there be famine, you be crippled farmers , destroyed millions of farm produce worldwide for a phoney virus.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by CaptalnMitch: 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
That will be absolute anarchy
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by oyewale0001(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
finalboss:

So what about other families

OK. Sorry ooo. I mean all of us and our family. grin
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by AregbeFufu: 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
wifeesnatcher:

worry about aba and other Igbo land. Igbo don't depend on anybody yet your people are Queuing for palliative like Akabokwu community high school
students

are they throwing what they're giving them in dustbin? everybody is suffering for this lockdown mumu

how much does conductors that have family at Onitsha save daily that will fed him and his family for weeks and other artisans

in this global crisis, na chest beating dey run through your mind? your foolishness need to be quarantine
You didn't see me beat my chest anywhere did you?
I am worried about the whole country, but I made it clear that I'm particularly worried about Yoruba land and north cause the already established antecedents don't fall too much in their favour.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by HundredWays(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
AregbeFufu:

Seriously?
Then how come the North is always synonymous with hunger and food crisis.
I think northern Farmers ought to stop selling food to the richer south and stock food for the North cause the road ahead is very bumpy.
51% of Nigeria is North... do the Maths
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by blank(f): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
Coupled with the locust attacks.
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by ProT: 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
...and "tHe GiAnt Of AfRiCa" made the "best 10" list.

Good times.
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by volo112: 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
God. Has so much blessed Nigeria
We had the lands which is already fertile
We are not experiencing draught at all
Just drop a seed on the soil, it grows in Nigeria. That is how our soil is.
However, agriculture has been greatly neglected in my country
Every body wants to do oil business , own tank farm, become a politician, musician, over night celebrity
Our society now look atfarming or agriculture as a profession for poor or rural folks
The few educated ones who are exposed and doing farming are making good money
Diversification of the economy is just a political talk in nigeria.

If all hands are on deck, I boldly say it , Nigeria can never go hungry.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by AregbeFufu: 6:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
HundredWays:
51% of Nigeria is North... do the Maths
That would mean that 49% is south.
The difference is quite negligible and doesn't account for the overwhelming difference in poverty between the two regions.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by Zillionz(m): 6:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
Na everything nigeria dy include Na waw May god helps
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by SirLakes: 6:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
But they can not warn that covik one nine would come
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by wifeesnatcher(m): 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
AregbeFufu:

You didn't see me beat my chest anywhere did you?
I am worried about the whole country, but I made it clear that I'm particularly worried about Yoruba land and north cause the already established antecedents don't fall too much in their favour.

shut up East is suffering most, you can still meet ya neighbor here in Yoruba land and be OK but the same can't be said about East

you people be hyping East and ignorantly preventing them from getting help when these people over there need help

grow up kid

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by Yahksbiz(m): 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
It seems like this people still feel Nigeria is the giant of Africa so it should go down, ever since the outbreak of corona COVID-19�� Nigeria has been on the frontie of all white hole news line. They forget to understand that we Nigerians we don't depends on our leaders. Struggling is what keeps us moving and not the trademoni and...................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by SaintLucia: 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
He banned the importation of rice to encourage local production, we wailed.

He banned the importation of milk to encourage local production we said it was his RUGA plan.

He closed borders before covid 19 we jeered and cursed him.

He said go back to the farm and he was poo-pooed.
We said he is senseless, he is brainless, he has failed blablabla.

Now the price of oil per barrel cannot buy 3 bottles of origin.

Now the virus has hit the dollar with economies facing depression. What is the vaccine? Agriculture. Yes, it is the next black gold.

Imagine if he never took those steps tough as they were. With our senslessness we castigated him. Now covid 19 has injected some sense in us.

Even our brothers and sisters abroad now want to come back. No place like home really.

No one is going to Dubai for shopping or birthday party. No pilgrimage to Jerusalem or Mecca.

We are all at home confused and scared. Waiting to break our hearts with figures from NCDC. How this shall end Only God knows.

Imagine if we were still importing rice from Thailand and Vietnam two countries that have temporary suspended the exportation of rice due to fear of food shortage in their country?

God bless Nigeria and indeed Bubu truly see the future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
UN know say na mumu cow dey rule Nigeria, so no hope on sight.

My advice to you all is go and farm now as you are isolating.

Expect more from One million thieves
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by HundredWays(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
AregbeFufu:

That would mean that 49% is south.
The difference is quite negligible and doesn't account for the overwhelming difference in poverty between the two regions.
But we Believe in 1North... do y'all believe in one South??
be sincere!
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by TheSociopath(m): 6:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
AregbeFufu:
cry
The hunger in these places is already frightening as it is and UN is still prophesying more hunger.
God save Yoruba land.

Wow! Your level of stupidity is incredible!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by ProT: 6:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
fk001:
Nigeria will never face famine.

Is not possible please,

UN must be insane for comparing us with the likes of South Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia.

Ya, Nigeria should not be making such list - SoMaLiA, YeMeN, Dr CoNgO, SuDaN.
I guess the UN is forgetting NiGeRiA iS tHe GiAnT oF aFrIcA!

Amazing!
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by shammahyaro(f): 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hunger wan kill us already
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by Samade7: 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
AregbeFufu:
cry
God save Yoruba land.

Senseless comment of the day.......what about Baba emeka (oko) dat has to tour almost every part of Onitsha to get trousers / clothes to amend to raise money to feed his family members?
Instead of u to be more concern about ur village pple dat are queuing for cups of rice n derica tin tomato, u are more concerns about pple dat do not in any way concern u cos u are an hypocrite.
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
why Niger Republic isn't mentioned is beyond me
Re: COVID-19: UN Warns Of Global Famines Of 'Biblical Proportions', Nigeria Included by gaventa: 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Why always Nigeria? Leave us Alone!!! We have survived and we will always.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Know If You Have Multiple Sex Partners / Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death / Doctor Gilbert Afam Gini: Decomposing Body Found In Hospital Months After Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.