Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex (6321 Views)

Give An Explanation To This Cartoon Illustration (Picture) / The South Has Only One Candidate / Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by omonnakoda: 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
There is east of River Niger and there is west of River Niger
Bendel
Old Rivers
Old Cross River
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by dukeprince50: 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Youngmaster0:

And Ikwerre has been in power is God's knows when.. From one Ikwerre to another thats Rivers politics.. Go to any ogoni facebook page then you will understand their ordeal
wen it comes to politics, PDP will sweep almost every local Govt in Rivers State, Though South south also look for a credible candidate and vote for him/her as the case of bayelsa, but party has an influence in the politics.
Most times PDP tends to get a candidate ikwerre.
The only time an Ikwerre would have lost is during Odili tenure wen Harrison from Kalabari was a strong opponent but Harrison was killed weeks to primaries and? that made Odili became the gov.
infact Kalabari boys fought for Wike to become the governor and Abonnema became a warzone during both presidential and gubernatorial elections.
But now wen Wike came in, he began to introduce tribal politics in Rivers State, Originally, we are not like that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
omonnakoda:
There is east of River Niger and there is west of River Niger
Brendel
Old Rivers
Old Cross River

Bendel not Brendel..

Oya continue with your history Omoluabi.

3 Likes

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
Osagyefo98:

There is need to put Edo is west in case of division. Try and understand the politics. Edo state is more closer to all Yoruba state and too many proximity likewise Urhobo and Itshekiri. So I don't see any thing to be put in west or Oduduwa.

Someone said that from Benin to ore us just 30mins..So you see what I am trying to explain.
I'm sure you are Igbo right? You've no right to tell people where they belongs or not, no single right.

So focus on your igbo/Biafra agenda and leave others alone else you are making more people hate on your tribe
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by gwafaeziokwu: 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Definitely you are the impostor. For airing his view makes him not to be Igbo.

What nonsense.

Why not go and tell your politicians that doesn't support your views that they are not Igbos

Oh! That must be your alternate moniker.

That nonsense view is the least of our problems in the east.

Now run along child

1 Like

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Youngmaster0(m): 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
wen it comes to politics, PDP will sweep almost every local Govt in Rivers State, Though South south also look for a credible candidate and vote for him/her as the case of bayelsa, but party has an influence in the politics.
Most times PDP tends to get a candidate ikwerre.
The only time an Ikwerre would have lost is during Odili tenure wen Harrison from Kalabari was a strong opponent but Harrison was killed weeks to primaries and? that made Odili became the gov.

So PDP in Rivers is an ikwere party no other tribes is in pdp.. I guess that was why Harrison was killed to maintain Ikwerre supremacy

5 Likes

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
I'm sure you are Igbo right? You've no right to tell people where they belongs or not, no single right.

So focus on your igbo/Biafra agenda and leave others alone else you are making more people hate on your tribe

So you didn't know that it is only hate that will facilitate division. Love will weaken minds and fences been made.

Now don't get me wrong. I am not telling you were to belong but only Speaking based on ancestral and historical ties to Yorubas..Get my point.

3 Likes

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

Oh! That must be your alternate moniker.

That nonsense view is the least of our problems in the east.

Now run along child

Definitely you are the impostor. For airing his view makes him not to be Igbo.
What nonsense.
Why not go and tell your politicians that doesn't support your views that they are not Igbos

Tell that to your politicians who doesn't agree with you guys but shares change to win election.

1 Like

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
ChristianNorth:

A Yoruba man quote another Yoruba man but because of primordial hatred, he tagged three Yoruba man Igbo just to drive disaffection against Ndi Igbo.

You need help, boss
btw the both of us who needs help?.. the one who is pained by people not identifying first by their tribe instead of their region??.. grin this is why aunt Kemi called you guys slaves yesterday.. I'm not one to participate In tribal insults.. bit im starting to see why your lots dont get along with other tribes..
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
Osagyefo98:

So you didn't know that it is only hate that will facilitate division. Love will weaken minds and fences been made.

Now don't get me wrong. I am not telling you were to belong but only Speaking based on ancestral and historical ties to Yorubas..Get my point.
you are twisting history and facts to suit your hatred.

I've nothing against igbo and their agenda but the truth is no matter how much you want the oil rich sea Niger Deltan region, those ethnic groups will never follow you.

You think saying Edo is Yoruba and the rest of Niger Deltans will start singing Biafra praises better open your eyes.
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by dukeprince50: 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
Youngmaster0:

So PDP in Rivers is an ikwere party no other tribes is in pdp.. I guess that was why Harrison was killed to maintain Ikwerre supremacy
That was because Odili was a cultist and all that, After Odili, we have had Two gov that served the state.
I know u won't understand, but Rivers politics is a bit different from the normal politics we have in Nigeria.
Every man has a bit of tribal instincts in him, it doesn't turn into hatred wen it comes to SS region.
We are more accommodating than the three major tribe.
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
the real igbos are out there going about their business.. but the jobless ones are here instigating tribal conflicts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Flames4cheezy(f): 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Partner with a Nigeria News Update Website and get the privilege of being paid each time you share a post on your facebook or watch videos, view a post on the website, create a post and login to the website. You can start today with a one time registration fee of N1,500 and instantly get credited N1100 with daily earnings of N100 everyday and extra bonuses for Resharing sponsored posts, reading News, posting articles and lots more and Ask me how - 07014605054
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by dukeprince50: 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

I've nothing against igbo and their agenda but the truth is no matter how much you want the oil rich sea Niger Deltan region, those ethnic groups will never follow you.

You think saying Edo is Yoruba and the rest of Niger Deltans will start singing Biafra praises better open your eyes.
it will soon hit them hard, make them deh rush us.
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

You still reasoning like a 12 year old boy. Bring your understanding to highest please. Nobody is taking any rich oil Niger delta. Not Igbos interest in any way.

Even in first reply I stated clearly that Urhobo, Itshekiri and Edo has so much historical ties and ancestry with Yorubas and I didn't see anything wrong for them been in Oduduwa..Get my point. I didn't say only Edo. I am only bringing people of cultural and ancestral similarities together to a common Nation.

I think I now made it clear to see I am not twisting anything as accused rather you misunderstood the logic and the politics involved.

1 Like

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
it will soon hit them hard, make them deh rush us.

Nobody dey rush you. Ijaw in biafra is an anathema. It is only a lunatic like kanu and dokubo that will be wasting their time on such.

Igbos has no such time for Nonsense. Those who knows of your existence are those bordering your communities not us..

Rush fire...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
the real igbos are out there going about their business.. but the jobless ones are here instigating tribal conflicts

Calm down, we are only re-drawing the map to put minds at ease.

2 Likes

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
Osagyefo98:

You still reasoning like a 12 year old boy. Bring your understanding to highest please. Nobody is taking any rich oil Niger delta. Not Igbos interest in any way.

Even in first reply I stated clearly that Urhobo, Itshekiri and Edo has so much historical ties and ancestry with Yorubas and I didn't see anything wrong for them been in Oduduwa..Get my point. I didn't say only Edo. I am only bringing people of cultural and ancestral similarities together to a common Nation.

I think I now made it clear to see I am not twisting anything as accused rather you misunderstood the logic and the politics involved.
I've always seen your moniker plus some other ipob monikers always mentioning Edo when niger Delta discussion comes around.

I've no idea what's the point of mentioning Edo , you from South East telling other south south states it's not part of south south, does that make sense?

Maybe you need to read about Benin history since you've no clue about it.

Just stop mentioning Edo and Benin when it comes to niger Delta matters
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
I've always seen your moniker plus some other ipob monikers always mentioning Edo when niger Delta discussion comes around.

I've no idea what's the point of mentioning Edo , you from South East telling other south south states it's not part of south south, does that make sense?

Maybe you need to read about Benin history since you've no clue about it.

Just stop mentioning Edo and Benin when it comes to niger Delta matters

When did I say you guys are not part of south south?

Can't you comprehend?

Been SS or north Central will it drop food personally on your table?

Your are just twisting my logic and I didn't mention SS.

I am trying to put your mind at ease .

2 Likes

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by dukeprince50: 2:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Nobody dey rush you. Ijaw in biafra is an anathema. It is only a lunatic like kanu and dokubo that will be wasting their time on such.

Igbos has no such time for Nonsense. Those who knows of your existence are those bordering your communities not us..

Rush fire...
Anathema?
lol, Biafra lost the first battle because they thought they could do it alone and the SS region showed them whose boss.
Without the SS, you can't achieve Biafra, until we let u go, u can't bro. in as much as I don't like what Asari Dokubo said, that's what slavery is. You can't be free from Nigeria without the SS help. Keep thinking we are irrelevant, Calling Igbos slave is bad but you can't achieve your goal without us. Why do you think many Igbos are rushing SS, only few people who didn't know a thing about history thinks it's cos of oil, it's more than that bro.
Till today you hear Igbos saying the minority tribe betrayed them but that's not true, we were sidelined by the Igbos and we act decisively. That is why Asari can open his gutter mouth and call a tribe slave. You are helpless without us, insulting us is bad, we are the masters here
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
Anathema?
lol, Biafra lost the first battle because they thought they could do it alone and the SS region showed them whose boss.
Without the SS, you can't achieve Biafra, until we let u go, u can't bro. in as much as I don't like what Asari Dokubo said, that's what slavery is. You can't be free from Nigeria without the SS help. Keep thinking we are irrelevant, Calling Igbos slave is bad but you can't achieve your goal without us. Why do you think many Igbos are rushing SS, only few people who didn't know a thing about history thinks it's cos of oil, it's more than that bro.
Till today you hear Igbos saying the minority tribe betrayed them but that's not true, we were sidelined by the Igbos and we act decisively

Submitting
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by dukeprince50: 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Submitting
So u see ehn, we don't hate Igbos, we love them but history has made the SS to be careful.
You can't call someone your brother and sideline them in cases like this, it will take more than mere love to bring the two region, while some Igbos are trying to build that relationship back, others are destroying it.
Don't blame us, blame those that came before you.
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Mystiquefia: 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
Blackking98:
you're talking trash. I can't speak for Delta regards to what u said about urhobo but I'm sure a Deltan will put you in your place. Keep your tribal bashing and war to una Igbo hausa and Yoruba and don't drag us into your madness.

That Dude Is trying to cause confusion and division where it doesn't exist. Yes, There have been communal clashes between itshekiris and urhobos/ijaws over territorial boundaries in the past, but that doesn't mean we are that divided like he is trying to portray out here. even in igbo land, communities clash over differences aswell.
there are several urhobos who are related to itshekiris by blood. till today, urhobos are still getting married to itshekiris. infact in delta state, there's a stronger bond and affiliation between urhobos and itsekiri's compared to the ijaws or aniomas for instance. and thats why cheif onanefe ibori an urhobo Man made uduaghan an itsekiri man his successor when leaving office.
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Mystiquefia: 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=Blackking98 post=88757591] honestly it's funny. I wonder if the igbos here on nl are the same igbos I have as best friends, the ones here can't go a day without getting into one tribal conflict or another, imagine waking up this morning maybe they didn't see any Yoruba or hausa to fight with they now gathered and decided to drag Niger Delta. We might not exactly Love each other here in the Niger Delta but one thing that is certain is that we do not engage in the show of shame the ones that don't have inferiority complex engage in here everyday, if it's not Igbo vs Yoruba it's hausa vs Yoruba or Igbo vs hausa. We no get that kind time here, they should leave us and look elsewhere for fight, just Igbo hausa and Yoruba see how they're fighting up and down without inferiority complex. Imagine a region like ours with more than 10 major ethnic groups mentioning I'm ibibio or I'm ijaw or I'm urhobo etc we'll just be engaging in the sho.

you have spoken my mind

cc efewestern

1 Like

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Youngmaster0(m): 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
That was because Odili was a cultist and all that, After Odili, we have had Two gov that served the state.
I know u won't understand, but Rivers politics is a bit different from the normal politics we have in Nigeria.
Every man has a bit of tribal instincts in him, it doesn't turn into hatred wen it comes to SS region.
We are more accommodating than the three major tribe.

In know river state very well. It remains the only state in Nigeria that needs the military as security to conduct an election.. There level of cultism which has tribal undertone is second to non in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by eagleu: 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
Dogogo1900:
I think you are looking for allies, you are not going to get any from the Niger Delta.
Find your level.

Childish inferiority complex.

4 Likes

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
Anathema?
Till today you hear Igbos saying the minority tribe betrayed them but that's not true, we were sidelined by the Igbos and we act decisively. That is why Asari can open his gutter mouth and call a tribe slave. You are helpless without us, insulting us is bad, we are the masters here

Ehn..

Now I keep on saying it the first and foremost problems of Igbos are geographical location. Igboland is surrounded by so much minorities and I keep on saying it that is so much disadvantage.

If Igboland had bordered maybe other countries for instance...I mean instance like Cameroon, Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal at least some of these countries some agitation would have been easier but sitting in midst of you guys is a bloody headache...

3 Likes

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Mystiquefia: 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
River state is not the worst when it come to tribal politics, is only in Delta state that you can see two state capital in one state.Eg warri and Asaba

What Do you mean by this nonesense? that warri should not be given significant attention because the capital is in ASABA? av been seeing the bias in your comments even with your alternate monikers about the good people of warri but chose to remain silent. tell us what is your problem with warri?
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Blackking98(m): 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mystiquefia:

That Dude Is trying to cause confusion and division where it doesn't exist. Yes, There have been communal clashes between itshekiris and urhobos/ijaws over territorial boundaries in the past, but that doesn't mean we are that divided like he is trying to portray out here. even in igbo land, communities clash over differences aswell.
there are several urhobos who are related to itshekiris by blood. till today, urhobos are still getting married to itshekiris. infact in delta state, there's a stronger bond and affiliation between urhobos and itsekiri's compared to the ijaws or aniomas for instance. and thats why cheif onanefe ibori an urhobo Man made uduaghan an itsekiri man his successor when leaving office.
I'm honestly tired of most of the igbos on NL save for a few
Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
So u see ehn, we don't hate Igbos, we love them but history has made the SS to be careful.
You can't call someone your brother and sideline them in cases like this, it will take more than mere love to bring the two region, while some Igbos are trying to build that relationship back, others are destroying it.
Don't blame us, blame those that came before you.

I don't really want the returning of old status quo. The best thing is to find way and elope from this current federal agreement if possible. But we have people that will be sitting comfortably in their rooms there in SS waiting for Igbo to talk and they will rush out to counter it with one useless statement...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by Mystiquefia: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Blackking98:
I'm honestly tired of most of the igbos on NL save for a few

They think they're vocal and outspoken with the way they go about attacking every tribe on nairaland. I'm Happy they're not as cunning and pretensive as the yorubas. because imagine say them don deceive all of us enter biafra then them kom dey bully us like this. e for nor funny at all

I'm Happy we can all see them for the bullys and insult mongers they all are. As It stands, it will be over my dead body to see my people being coalesced into biafra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex by dukeprince50: 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Ehn..

Now I keep on saying it the first and foremost problems of Igbos are geographical location. Igboland is surrounded by so much minorities and I keep on saying it that is so much disadvantage.

If Igboland had bordered maybe other countries for instance...I mean instance like Cameroon, Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal at least some of these countries some agitation would have been easier but sitting in midst of you guys is a bloody headache...
even if you are bordered by this countries, you will still pay heavily if you sideline them. The problem is not the minority tribe but Igbos that think they can achieve without the minority tribe. They were on good terms before the Igbos did what is costing them till this day, even in the military coup, the Igbos fvcked up and till today Nigerians don't trust them, other tribes played their part and the Igbos wanted to play smart, the only person that can trust an igbo man is a fellow Igbo, you people have destroyed the few nice relationship you had with others. You shouldn't blame us, I love the Igbos but we have learnt to use long spoon to eat with them and we are careful. This is ur doing . sorry.
once trust is broken, it may never be healed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Peter Obi That Will Make Northern Masses Love Him More (pictures) / What Lord Lugard Thought About Nigerians / When Will Fg Pay January Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.