Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,588 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. (9707 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by eonuora: 11:53am On Jan 10, 2011
My dear, you pastor has done nothing wrong by emphasizing giving offering and thanksgiving offering.

First it is biblical and he was only encouraging you to obey the bible (Ecc 11:1, Mal 3:7-12) Though offering is a free will thing it is what determines the size of your blessing.

Thanksgiving offering is also important. It is used to thank God for the past and also to make way for the future. Grateful people are usually great. So you have to learn to be grateful by your thanksgiving offering.

Those who do not give are those that rob God and the bible rained curses on such people.

You need to give your life to God and be led by the spirit. If you are led by the spirit you will not be rationalising the things of God for He works in misterious ways.

Have a blessed day
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by ogajim(m): 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2011
Joagbaje:

@ogajim
That's left for God to judge dude. 

What a childish question? You should have rather  said "If God is really a God how come the world is like this?" grin

It takes blindness not to see the great works ministers are doing.

It's their prayers and that of every saint that is keeping the world till now. Prayers of the church is restraining evil. And once the church is ruptured , evil will be unleashed on the earth. Read your bible.

And what are you doing about  personal salvation ? You ought to be more concerned about that. Are you born again now?
Because if you are there is a love and reverence you ought to have for all saints and Gods minister.  You need the personal salvation experience .

Pastor JoAgbaje, those are your words not mine. I would NEVER question God but trust me to question the fake preachers who abound in Nigeria, UK, USA etc because it it obvious they KNOW NOTHING about sacrifice except when they are calling on the congregation for "sacrificial offerings"

Dude,
I was in Nigeria last February and saw Churches in every other house but didn't see any added VALUE to the masses' lives. Maybe you can educate me more on the "great works ministers are doing" in Nigeria, I did see your CEC folks with bullhorns calling on folks for free rides to hear "Pastor Chris preach", right in front of Deeper life HQ building under construction. We need hard facts on what they are doing and please can you get them to work on SECURITY FOR ALL?

Thanks Pastor JoAgbaje but you ain't got to worry about me my man, I am in GREAT HANDS-Jesus Christ's. There is NO WAY I would ever believe in a Church more than I believe in Jesus Christ, wake up and smell the coffee. The Christian walk is not a race, it is a life long WALK to the finish line. I pray that all of you will follow Jesus and not man no matter what title he gives himself. This is part of Bible study (not read), we have to be "wise as serpents and gentle as doves", remember that because this World is the devils playground and these money hungry pastors are nothing but his agents

In God through Jesus Christ I trust.
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by Enigma(m): 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2011
No mind Joagbaje! Once you expose the thiefry and false doctrine he starts asking "are you born again" when he should really be checking whether he himself and his boss are truly born again when they turn their backs on Jesus' and apostolic teaching.

As for the topic, even BBC Africa is asking: can you afford to go to church? http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/africahaveyoursay/2011/01/can-you-afford-to-go-to-church.shtml
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by Enigma(m): 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2011
The Sermon

A little girl became restless as the preacher's sermon dragged on and on. Finally, she leaned over to her mother and whispered, "Mommy, if we give him the money now, will he let us go?"
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by ogajim(m): 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2011
@Enigma,

thanks for the link, it is interesting to see that the same mode of prosperity doctrine is all over Africa with same results - rich/affluent pastors and poor congregations.

Only God can save our people from the mental slavery.
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by pstbolanta: 9:25am On Jan 11, 2011
Enigma:

thats a funny one
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by segyemaro(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2011
this one nor be new thing na
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by Joagbaje(m): 11:47am On Jan 11, 2011
ogajim:

Pastor JoAgbaje, those are your words not mine. I would NEVER question God but trust me to question the fake preachers who abound in Nigeria, UK, USA etc because it it obvious they KNOW NOTHING about sacrifice except when they are calling on the congregation for "sacrificial offerings"

Offerings are part of worship, if you can't offer to God, then something is wrong. A pastor is a man called of God to bless people by the anointing. If he encourages people to give, it's for their own prosperity, not for the pastor prosperity. Church money does not belong to the pastor . He is a stweard.  He himself must be a giver. I've seen ministers in the U.S come to africa to donate , help children spend millions of dollars. Yet you guys still call them thieves.

Dude,
I was in Nigeria last February and saw Churches in every other house but didn't see any added VALUE to the masses' lives. Maybe you can educate me more on the "great works ministers are doing" in Nigeria, I did see your CEC folks with bullhorns calling on folks for free rides to hear "Pastor Chris preach", right in front of Deeper life HQ building under construction. We need hard facts on what they are doing and please can you get them to work on SECURITY FOR ALL?

Pastor chris has done a lot for this nation. Look at what the church has been doing in every 1st of October to develop the nation. Apart from free distribution of rhapsody . Security Hilux Patrol vans, walkie-talkie , computers etc were given to police force , road safety Corp , computer centres were build for prisons , with fast Internet, library worth of millions were donated to schools. Borehole were built in villages, school buses were donated. One of the beneficiary of school buses was Edo college where pastor chris schooled . These are just few of the things the man of God has been doing as a contribution , he loves children and he believes every child is your child, he has hostels for children who were taken off the streets . He believed that the agberos we have today turned out the way they are because they lack opportunity . So he gi es opportunity to these helpless children . We have outreaches to prosti.tutes also through the inner city mission arm of the church. We get them saved and empowered them with skills and capital to start business. You can't sit in from of computer  to know the sacrifices churches are making.
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by CGKing(m): 10:11am On Jan 13, 2011
^^^
No Nigerians will never see the good in others. They themselves r the only righteous ones. They have formed what a man of God should look in their mind. They want to listen to men of God but tell the men of God how they should live.
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by ogajim(m): 12:42pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^^ You are wrong!

The Bible tells us how an elder in the Church should carry themselves and live their lives, Show me a Nigerian Pastor/Preacher"MOG" (you people love this term) who closely resembles Christ in actions and works. I am waiting Mr. King.
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by CGKing(m): 4:31pm On Jan 13, 2011
I can and will show u . . . after u describe the person of Jesus to me. U and I must first agree on the personality, character and person of Jesus first, see that we agree on that model, then I will show u.

2. If we go by ur theory brov, no MOG on earth, in US or elsewhere will closely resemble Christ. Ball is on ur court.

3. Quick question: For any man to condemn or judge anyone it would mean he is above or on a higher position over the one being condemned or judged. Yeah? It would also follow that this judge has the authourity over the subject and has the right to pronounce over him (the subject) as he sees fit. That also means that the judge is being backed by a force or power or government, which in the case of God's house is Jesus whom God has given final authourity. Now this is my question: Whose place is it to judge or condemn Pastors / Men of God?
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by KunleOshob(m): 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^^
I have the God given authority to condenm all crminals that extort money in his name no matter what title they go by or who they claim to be. In the case of your pastor sef [oyaks] I can condenm him directly going by your twisted logic cause he is far, far benith the soles of my feet as far as the word of God is concerned. Oyaks serves a mammon god and NOT the true God. God does not recognize criminals in his kingdom.
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by ogajim(m): 5:31pm On Jan 13, 2011
This Bible passage tells us the person of Jesus Christ in his own words:

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Hebrews 2:14-18

14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

18For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Jesus came in human form to show us the was and pay the price for our sins, he left us with a GUIDE (the Holy Spirit) upon exit from this World be our companion as we navigate the treacherous waters of life so we won't be found wanting when he comes back to sit in judgment.

In your World, Christians must not be allowed to speak truth to "authority" because that would be considered "judgment" right?
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by Fraba(m): 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2011
@Maple,
If you see this, i saw your post on the Electrical Forum (Career). i would like to ask you some questions on studying power systems in Canada. can you drop a line on Gianlucabeletti@aol.com
thanks
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by omoruyilag: 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by CGKing(m): 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2011
I think u may be going the wrong way. we r talking about his personality, we r trying to compare actions, behavioural patterns, what he was like when he walked on earth. Here, u r talking about his calling, his job. Thats off the mark. No one can do what Jesus did. So lets talk business.
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by omoruyilag: 10:23am On Jan 16, 2011
You are correct my brother.
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by goldplated(m): 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2011
CGKing:

No one can do what Jesus did.

You don't have a bible.
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by nuclearboy(m): 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^ They don't use Bibles.

Their holy word is the rhapsody of realities and their god is its author.
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by omoruyilag: 6:35am On Jan 22, 2011
Rhapsody of realities indeed, another way of exploiting members
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by savanaha: 6:37am On Jan 22, 2011
If you are not willing to give don't be too eager to receive either!
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by segyemaro(m): 9:29am On Feb 10, 2011
KunleOshob:

^^^
I have the God given authority to condenm all crminals that extort money in his name no matter what title they go by or who they claim to be. In the case of your pastor sef [oyaks] I can condenm him directly going by your twisted logic cause he is far, far benith the soles of my feet as far as the word of God is concerned. Oyaks serves a mammon god and NOT the true God. God does not recognize criminals in his kingdom.
kunle you are in the spirit
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by newmi(m): 1:24pm On Feb 10, 2011
^^^^
yes, evil spirit
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by mabell: 2:07pm On Feb 10, 2011
omoruyilag:

Rhapsody of realities indeed, another way of exploiting members

shocked 150naira is now exploitation for a book you will buy and take to your house
How much do people buy hardly chase and bestsellers
How much is hint/hearts magazine or fashion magazines
plesase don't make me puke
This is obvious poverty at work in humanity
You sound like a pwerson that cannot buy something and leave his change
It's amazing you can speak on this thread when it is obvious you don't give

savanaha:

If you are not willing to give don't be too eager to receive either!

There is a principle of giving
There are also different types of giving
if you give you will receive and whatsoever you sow you will reap

give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, shall they give into your bosom. For with what measure ye mete it shall be measured to you again.
Luke 6:38 (ASV)

Nobody forces you to give, we are only taught from the scriptures why we should give, the rest is left to us
Even the almighty God gives, so what exactly is the issue about giving

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 (KJV
)

If you don't believe your pastor sad, find out from the scripture yourself!!!

@kunleoshob,
it is obvious it is not the spirit of God that is at work in you rather you are receiving revelation from you know who
Re: Pressure On Offerings And Thanksgiving Offerings. by segyemaro(m): 1:46pm On Mar 15, 2011
we are talking about a fake rhapsody,someone is talking about james hadley chase

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Of God Or Servant Of God? / Quran Burning Cancel / Bizarre Scratch Marks On The Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.