Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,475 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? (32310 Views)

Why Is The Muslim World So Poor? / Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity / Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by gfon(m): 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
Poshriel:

I am very single.. But serious minded too..
let me carry my 'kaya' and waka pass jeje
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by TheSourcerer: 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:
Most Nigerians are hardworking!!

But hardworking will only feed your mouth and will never make you rich if you don't work smart!!

What I mean here is hardwork+working smart!!

Some people don't have the spirit of Alleviation!

For you to be rich you have to grow in whatever you're doing!!

Some Nigerians don't have the spirit of savings!! They don't save money!! You're earning 2k a day and spending 1.5 in a day... And you're among those that want to be rich!!

Most of us just want to blow... We don't want to grow

The clear difference between the rich and the poor is the mindset!
can you help with little tips on saving and investing mindset please.?
I'm a photographer and was yesterday searching on how to sell pictures online.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by youngestgrad(m): 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
Poshriel:
One can only be poor if he or she chooses to be..

Again the progress we make in life both academically materially or even professionally is not always how rich we are

Away from that pls change the topic to why is Nigeria poor... That way you have excluded me from the figure
You are saying trash, The financial state of a country affects all it's citizens directly or indirectly.......... couple of months ago you opened a thread asking people to send you Microsoft office through Gmail, Are you sure you have progressed academically?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by Dollabiz: 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
Simple why are the corrupt politicians still alive and ruling
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by DexterousOne(m): 1:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
InternalAuditor:
[s][/s]

Hahahaha

Just look at this cursed hopeless useless frustrated poverty inflicted old man.

Your riches starts and ends on nairaland, why? The question is, have you seen anyone from Imo state or ikwerre that's rich in the real sense of it, except for their few top political office holders like Okoroawusa who stole public money? I am still in PH, show yourself at any public place of your choice, I really wanna do a documentary about you poverty life and show it here on nairaland. Lol

Abagworo, even anyone that hasn't met you before now, knows that you are a poverty stricken old man, because people from where you come from are generationally poor people, how much more people like us that knows you too well offline.

Till date, you still living with your poor old mother in one dirty room, in one dirty area in PORT HARCOURT. Despite your old age, you are still unmarried. All you do is marauding joblessly with your ikwerre cousins all around PORT HARCOURT.

Abagworo melu onwe gi ebele. I spit on your bald head. Dwarfish poverty inflicted old man. cheesy

Are you trying to say that no one from Imo state is rich in the real sense of it?

Where did you get that impression from?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 1:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
PDP sponsored Essayist..

Well, am outta here.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by CreekCommando: 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
SLAP44:
I think it's because we elected someone who should have been enjoying his old age and retirement in a reputable old people's home with the vain hope that he will save our country.
grin grin The 5% saw tomorrow and never voted that man you said should have been quarantined to the ''Old People's Home''. The 95% are fools and that's why since 1960, the country has been on her knees. Regrettably, this shall continue until the foolish 95% gives way for the 5% to do the surgery the country needs.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by ejimatic: 2:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Omooba77:
By Abimbola Adelakun

https://punchng.com/why-are-nigerians-still-so-poor/
. The truth is many Nigerians will be poor for life and the generational penury will continue for the following reasons: 1. poor family planning..A man who is supposed yo have a wife is having three with many children. A man who should have one wife and two children has five children ...Only few Nigerians have good family planning. 2 The government dies not have a good development planning for the country.Till today no good data base for Nigerians.2020 must have been planned for in 2010.Sadly nobody cares.As we increase daily no job for Nigerians .The jobless have wives and children.Will poverty not continue? Unless we are deceiving ourselves thousand of Nigerians will remain poor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by bobochem: 2:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
The writer of this article is bias.Though I am not in support of this present government but poverty have been around before Apc came to power.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by MSesan: 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
I will say individual greediness and indiscipline.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by voltron14: 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
Because Nigeeians are neither creative nor productive.

For me productivity is about efficiency and efficiency requires a channeling of your creativity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by voltron14: 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
DexterousOne:

Nigerians and hardworking in the same sentence

Its unbelievable

Don't mind him.

Let him see what the Germans call hardworking.

Keep in mind, the Germans overcame 2 world wars, yet amongst all nations they are achievers.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by Avonjaa: 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

Don't mind him.

Let him see what the Germans call hardworking.

Keep in mind, the Germans overcame 2 world wars, yet amongst all nations they are achievers.
[/s]
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by Avonjaa: 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

For me productivity is about efficiency and efficiency requires a channeling of your creativity.

[/s]
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by sapele914(m): 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
SLAP44:
I think it's because we elected someone who should have been enjoying his old age and retirement in a reputable old people's home with the vain hope that he will save our country.
Blame the Governor, and state House of Assembly members you elected, nothing to do with Abuja, and the presidency. Name one thing the Governor of your state has done for you?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by sapele914(m): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
voltron14:

You are correct, the whole system, and the pawns in it are lagacious, we need reorientation, we are like half baked Pastry, a friend of mine once came to Nigeria and said it is like a place aliens once lived, the infrastructure is there, but it is dilapidated, society is moving in a system only known to those who live in Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by tonsen44: 4:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
During the last election, there were educated young healthy, fibrant Nigerians (youths) we would have elected president,we sayed "NO" to them because they are not sharing money.

Nigerians,traditional rulers,market women leaders, community president generals,party loyalists(States,wards and units) were busy running after APC And PDP to share the money.

Nigerian youths let us wake up, the next president of this country must not exceed fifty years. LET US GIVE POWER TO THE YOUTHS. A youth president is the hope of a better Nigeria. .

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by sapele914(m): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
ejimatic:
. The truth is many Nigerians will be poor for life and the generational penury will continue for the following reasons: 1. poor family planning..A man who is supposed yo have a wife is having three with many children. A man who should have one wife and two children has five children ...Only few Nigerians have good family planning. 2 The government dies not have a good development planning for the country.Till today no good data base for Nigerians.2020 must have been planned for in 2010.Sadly nobody cares.As we increase daily no job for Nigerians .The jobless have wives and children.Will poverty not continue? Unless we are deceiving ourselves thousand of Nigerians will remain poor.
You are conscious of the happenings of the society we live in, thumbs up. Fela said Blackman know yourself, not only thousands will remain poor, Hundreds of Millions, no creativity, even in electricity generation (We are waiting for Jeff Bezos, or Mark Zuckerberg), Baba died fighting for freedom, Sorry to say the present generation is as, if not worse than the past generation, since 1980 they have been promising Nigerians electricity & pipe borne water, till today, no electricity, no water. No electricity, no industrialization.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by Staro: 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nice article
Well done Abimbola
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by TheGreatIYANU: 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
Omooba77:
By Abimbola Adelakun

Oh Lord! I wish I could 'like' this piece TWICE!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
kikero:

The only way to become rich is simple. We must become an industrial society, and produce industrial goods for the global market. That's how the US, China, Japan, South Korea, Germany and so on are mightly rich nations.

Spot on
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by BEEFIE: 5:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
SLAP44:

the Ibos caused this nnamdi kanu asked them to boycott the election and they did. that's why we are where we're
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Because they are waiting for allah and jesus to bless them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
Because they are waiting for unexistence allah and jesus to bless them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by Adblg0610: 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
Patrioticman007:
The food security has been achieved on the backs of farmers, once the lock down is lifted.The poverty will end by the grace of God.
With all due respect,I intend to align with your position,to a very large extent. I believe that this govt has achieved a lot with regard to FOOD SECURITY.
That Nigeria has closed its land borders, way before COVID-19,since 20th August 2019,about 8 months ago and there is no uprising,is an indication of a huge achievement. You will recall that the various attempts by past govts,at closing our land borders agaist smuggling, could not last more than a week,at most.
The situation in Nigeria is that a lot of people have exhausted the money they had before the lockdown and are eager to return to their means of livelihood,not because of LACK OF FOOD in the markets.
This is similar to the condtion in the United States of Amerca (USA),where people have thronged the streets,carrying placards and demanding for an end to the lockdown. About 21.8m Americans have applied for UNEMPLOYMENT GRANTS,as a result of the lockdown. Do we now interprete this to mean that America,the largest economy in the world, lacks FOOD SECURITY?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by Cousin9999: 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
It's disgusting how many whites and agents are posting filth in here.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by Tunks2017(m): 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
What do you expect from myopic greedy mice sitting in government positions...... angry

Too much tribalism, religious bigotry & mass corruption........

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by Emotionss: 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Anigreat:
shocked

Our selfish and self centered leaders has finished us all.

God punish them

And who are those who keep electing selfish and unproductive leaders ?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by Nemesis08(m): 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nigerians are so poor because the remuneration here is so poor. What people are paid here as salaries are just peanuts. If you put in the same effort and hours you put here in another Europe, you will be a millionaire
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by ejimatic: 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
sapele914:
You are conscious of the happenings of the society we live in, thumbs up. Fela said Blackman know yourself, not only thousands will remain poor, Hundreds of Millions, no creativity, even in electricity generation (We are waiting for Jeff Bezos, or Mark Zuckerberg), Baba died fighting for freedom, Sorry to say the present generation is as, if not worse than the past generation, since 1980 they have been promising Nigerians electricity & pipe borne water, till today, no electricity, no water. No electricity, no industrialization.
. You are absolutely right .Apart from poor leadership and planning masses are contributing to the problems with poor attitude to family planning A Nigerian born in a room and parlour still starts his family in a room and parlour when he is impregnated by a jobless Nigerian.Regrettably poverty has become a vicious cycle in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by edudguy(m): 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Poor countries (Nigerians) are poor because those who have power (leaders) make choices that create poverty - Why Nations Fail ( Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson)
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? by ejimatic: 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
Omooba77:
By Abimbola Adelakun

. If you secure a job abroad you are entitled to a car. and a house which you will be paying for instalmentally. Everything is set for them.Here in Nigeria houses and cars have become identifying marks of rich people. No wonder many Nigerians will do Thanksgiving when they purchase a new car in Nigeria.Pastors and Imams will unveil the cars. ...Nigeria where basic commodities of life have become FUTURE IMPOSSIBLE TENSE.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is Bola Tinubu Hiding In London? By Farooq A. Kperogi / Photos From El-rufai's Campaign Rally Kaduna / Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.