Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? (70723 Views)

More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules / Can I Change My BVN Picture? / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by IMASTEX: 11:14pm On May 23, 2020
Sacchi1162:
Please when you receive any call from a bank, don't divulge any information on the phone. Take time and go to the bank and confirm because these people are desperate to scam o
You've stated it already. There is no transaction over the phone when they are not confirming cheques clearance. Simply visit the bank. Even the bankers issuing the ATM don't know ones personal pin.
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by IMASTEX: 11:17pm On May 23, 2020
Sacchi1162:
Please when you receive any call from a bank, don't divulge any information on the phone. Take time and go to the bank and confirm because these people are desperate to scam o
You've stated it already. There is no transaction over the phone when they are not confirming cheques clearance. Simply visit the bank. Even the bankers issuing the ATM don't know ones personal pin.
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by olaremint(m): 11:25pm On May 23, 2020
This is a serious issue, have had to change log in password and payment passwords numerous times because of people trying to hack my account.
Have deleted yahoo and Gmail app on my phone as well.

2 Likes

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 23, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Local Scammers should be beaten to death and their corpse donated as cadaver to a teaching Hospital so that their scrotum sac could be dissected in a pratical lab session

Not only is Nigeria poverty capital of the world, with 30% unemployment rate, GDP per capita of less than $2,028.18 USD you still want to scam Nigeria Ogun go kee you, your mate are scamming US, Australia , UAE all with over $50,000 USD GDP per capita with little or no poverty

Anyways, to the O.P, its not about bank compromise, its called Data Mining using webcrwlers , this is how big tech company stay afloat by selling user data to willing buyers, all the forms (Registration forms etc) you have filled online on sites that use browser cockies are mined, a smart guy just need to use his social engineering skills to skim out data from you

with a Software program that cost less than $100 Pro Email and Contacts Extractor, and a good Bulk SMS site that can bypass DND (do not disturb) you are good to go for this evil useless poverty scam

Bankers don't have time for this kind of children, I never chop scam.. bankers do account flashing and clearing, which banker would be chasing change and risking his or her job over peanut scam, when he seats all day infront of finacle software and Turnkey

those ones no dey too pay again thats why most scammers and now scamming fellow nigerians.i wonder what justification they will now use since when they were scamming whites they said they were collecting back slavery money cheesy
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Soso990240(m): 11:34pm On May 23, 2020
X0012:
Blame it on fakes apps and loan apps who fail to protect their user's information.
oga which fake App? the bvn system has been hacked or they releases people's info. Am a banker, and I couldn't believe it wen a customer I registered for bvn came to report to me that he was contacted by scammers... this is someone I did bvn for and i kept his documents myself.
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 23, 2020
sharatech:
This number aslo call me trying to get my atm card number 07000392 0811
guy if this is ur atm card number sharply delete it before someone use it to purchase two pairs of T shits and six pairs of jeans on amazon cheesy
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by DexterousOne(m): 11:38pm On May 23, 2020
Ayemileto:
Do you use first bank?

In most cases, it's the bank that gives out details of users to fraudsters.

It only happens when you have a reasonable sum of money in your account.

They'll never ever call broke people.

No wonder they keep calling me on the account I have significant money in
And not the other ones

2 Likes

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 23, 2020
higgs:
Banks are not the only institutions that have access to BVN data.Other organizations, including NIMC also use BVN data.But people really need to understand that BVN is just a form of identification. That someone knows your bvn,date of birth etc is not a reason for You to foolishly divulge your ATM card number or PIN to the person. No bank will ever ask for your ATM PIN
they have been saying this since the ages not to divurlge ur atm pin number to anybody but still ppl are still falling for it cheesy
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Captainrambo2: 11:40pm On May 23, 2020
Naija246:
fraudsters no invade anything.
Alot of Nigerians are being tricked by various apps on the play store to reveal their bvn...most of these apps are run by criminal networks all over the world.

Some unscrupulous people are also tricking Nigerians to give up their bvn when registering for national ID.
My gf was asked to provide her bvn when she went to register her national ID recently.
Fortunately for her she called me and I advised against giving it up.

Someone should correct me if I'm wrong but is bvn number now a requirement for registering a national ID card?
yes.
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by promiseland245(m): 11:49pm On May 23, 2020
It's a new scam
SearchFirst:
Beware Of Fraud. Seems Fraudsters Have Invaded The Bvn System

Just got a call from one mobile number telling me they are upgrading the BVN system. He called out my full name, bvn number, and was trying to confirm my date of birth.

Three things i drew conclusion on. Either the BVN system has been infiltrated, or the banks have disposed sensitive documents carelessly, or essential workers in those banks are giving out customers details to fraudsters

Please put it on front page for wider circulation. The Fraudsters number is busy, so he may be calling many customers.

Fraudster's number: 09064137669

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Slynation(m): 11:50pm On May 23, 2020
I believe most of the problems so many people are facing are as a result of their ignorant actions...
For instance, due to lack of patience and retainment of the word "sharp guy" you see some people jumping queue to give a total stranger they don't know from Adam to withdraw funds for them, the person if a Yahooboy might just take a picture of your ATM card (long digit) memorize your CCV number and the next thing u start receiving days later is debit alert...And this type has no trace what so ever especially if they purchase bitcoin with your details... grin

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by meobizy(f): 11:51pm On May 23, 2020
One called my number this morning. Thank God for my don't-pick-strange-numbers policy if not them for waste my time. It was later after a Truecaller search I realized it was those idiots looking for new prey.

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 23, 2020
I won't be surprised if some bank staff are in on this fraud. Them plenty

2 Likes

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by jossydee1: 11:56pm On May 23, 2020
Same experience some weeks ago. The guy even told me other bank I'm using.
He called with this number

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Nobody: 12:00am On May 24, 2020
Naija246:
Alot of Nigerians are being tricked by various apps on the play store to reveal their bvn...most of these apps are run by criminal networks all over the world.

Some unscrupulous people are also tricking Nigerians to give up their bvn when registering for national ID.
My gf was asked to provide her bvn when she went to register her national ID recently.

Someone should correct me if I'm wrong but is bvn number now a requirement for registering a national ID card?
National ID card?
i thought they were closed?
can you tell me the date?
I want to collect mine but am waiting for post-covid19 reopening...
Enlighten me please.
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by kikelomojessy(f): 12:05am On May 24, 2020
If they have BVN, date of birth and no acct no, then it might not be the banks giving out info.

Let look at the BDC, they make false travel tickets and visa with which they use people BVN to process before keying it into their database. Maybe someone that has worked for them or is still working for them is giving out the BVN.
Well just my thoughts sha cos I know every documents the bureau de change submit to CBN are all oluwole so that they can sell the dollar as black market and make huge profits.
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Legendguru: 12:11am On May 24, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Lisaint(m): 12:15am On May 24, 2020
Naija246:

Yes

Bro

You can actually merge your bvn with your national ID card

After requesting for the bvn number
The nimc staff will call you to confirm your bvn before they merge it with national id card

And mind u
If u know anyone that's using GT bank
And they haven't register for nimc
Ask them to go to their bank and print their bvn
U will see its having NIN number on it

The thing is everyone having bvn already have an NIN number
But instead of NIBBS to link it automatically they will want you to go and link it up manually by registering for NIMC

That's why if you anyone registering for bvn now
They will be asking for nimc

I hope I made sense with my little explanation

Peace be unto you

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Exc2000: 12:16am On May 24, 2020
lefulefu:
those ones no dey too pay again thats why most scammers and now scamming fellow nigerians.i wonder what justification they will now use since when they were scamming whites they said they were collecting back slavery money cheesy

Its still slavery money... their ancestors (scammer) where sold by the Ancestors of (Scameee) to the white so its still a revenge mission

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Lisaint(m): 12:18am On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

National ID card?
i thought they were closed?
can you tell me the date?
I want to collect mine but am waiting for post-covid19 reopening...
Enlighten me please.

The thing is just that nimc staff in Lagos and some state won't enlightening you that you're suppose to
BVN to register for nimc
Simply because you will still come back to register for it and u they will charge you extra money.
Check my comment above this
And you will understand
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Nobody: 12:25am On May 24, 2020
KINGTELLER:
... Nigeria banking system is even safe, Northern America banking system is so porous...

How true is that? Is northern america a country? In the U.S. you can never transfer someone else's cash into another account without being busted by the FBI. Even if they shop with your credit card abroad or online (where no pin is required) you are guaranteed of a 100% refund.
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Bakrabas: 12:36am On May 24, 2020
fatymore:
This issue has been troubling me and I hope Lagos State Government, Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency(LASEPA) and the ministry of health can take note.

We are actually doing more harm than good to ourselves with the use of Cleaning tap bucket that is being used in Markets and Garages.

These taps are placed in dirty areas with no or little drainage system or with the aid of bucket for collection(pukes). I keep thinking what if someone who is infected washes his/her hands and the water got infected or the tap got infected, is that not a calamity again. The kinda soap being used is even worrisome.

Except this virus is a scam, aitirinkankan. The issue of nose masks is another day discussion.

May God help us.

Aunty fatimah
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by adeife16(m): 12:42am On May 24, 2020
Naija246:

yes
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Nobody: 1:50am On May 24, 2020
Exc2000:

Its still slavery money... their ancestors (scammer) where sold by the Ancestors of (Scameee) to the white so its still a revenge mission

so scamming fellow nigerians is a revenge mission? cheesy
and they not even making attempts to scam politicians oo
the nigerians most scammers scam are the struggling civil servants and those of our moms hustling in the market
u can imagine a scammer telling a market woman to give him her atm details and cos that one is an illiterate she will give him and the next thing he use her money to carry ashawo and clubbing.tell me why such a person isnt placing a curse on himself.

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Nobody: 1:54am On May 24, 2020
Slynation:
I believe most of the problems so many people are facing are as a result of their ignorant actions...
For instance, due to lack of patience and retainment of the word "sharp guy" you see some people jumping queue to give a total stranger they don't know from Adam to withdraw funds for them, the person if a Yahooboy might just take a picture of your ATM card (long digit) memorize your CCV number and the next thing u start receiving days later is debit alert...And this type has no trace what so ever especially if they purchase bitcoin with your details... grin
why will u give a complete stranger your atm card to withdraw money for u cos u impatient in the long queue shocked.thats a total moronic gesture and not a sharp guy attitide grin cheesy.he could easily memorise the number in front of ur atm card and use it for online purchase on aliexpress or amazon cheesy.anyway i am yet to see a nigerian handing out his or her atm card to stranger to withdrawm money for him.nigerians are not yet that dumb cheesy.
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Nobody: 2:02am On May 24, 2020
Ayemileto:
Do you use first bank?

dingbang they are defacing ur bank oo cheesy cheesy..what this guy said is it true cheesy
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Nobody: 2:22am On May 24, 2020
Sagay212:
Anybody that's falls for these mumu scams would probably be illiterates.
There's no way those useless guys will call you and your common sense won't tell you that they are scammers. These idi.ots have very terrible accents and can hardly speak correct English. They are always in a rush and sound very angry and frustrated.

Imagine a proper customer service agent calling you and telling you " oya naa, check the back of ya card and call the number" " can you see it" " check it well na" " you are wasting time" blah blah blah.

Rubbish.
i remember this one that happened there was this scammer that called my dad on phone and claimed he was a bank staff.he said something was wrong with the account and he needed my dad to give him his atm details.my dad put it on speakers and we suddenly heard a cock crowing in the background and a woman calling her son to come and eat grin grin grin grin.which bank premises go get a sound as such cheesy.mumu scammer was probably calling from his face me i face u room cheesy.many of them hardly even upgrade in their scam games so i am still surprised why nigerians still fall for the scams.u can imagine the lottery scam format they used during the mid 2000s many nigerians still fall for that one.

2 Likes

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by addictiv(m): 2:32am On May 24, 2020
There could be softwares that these scammers have access to that can give them any information down to the account balance of the target. Was it not few years ago that someone here created an app that could tell you the name, bank and owners phone number of any account number entered into it. But one thing they ll never have is access due to OTP except they have ur atm card.
I remember an incident from years ago when Access was Intercontinental Bank, My guy was in his room on a Saturday and started getting a series of debit alert from someone shopping on jumia with his atm card but yet the card was physically with him. My guy call customer care tire that day.. It was crazy.

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by berbs: 2:38am On May 24, 2020
Ayemileto:
Do you use first bank?

Crazy shit are happening these days
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by berbs: 2:39am On May 24, 2020
WetSmoke:
It is real. A neighbor was also called. They told her she will receive a code which she did. She called out the code to them and that was all. Her money was wiped. She didn't even divulge any card details.
I guess her card was cloned.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

See The 55-inch Plasma TV A Lady Got After Ordering For It On Facebook. / 11 Reasons Why Most Bank Checks Are Being Dishonoured / Sola David-Borha, The Highest Paid CEO In Nigeria Makes N484,931 Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.