Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,014 members, 7,821,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents (26872 Views)

The Most Painful Thing Your Spouse Said or Did To You That Still Hurts You? / What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? / What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by perdollar(m): 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
I was locked up in my room, my crime? I fought and beat up my elder sister for serving me my dinner in a dirty plate. I refused washing d plates bc she COMMANDED me to wash d plates. no b today I begin experience lock down, Las Las, I got bored and started crying to b released

8 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by Kimzo: 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=Debodimeji01 post=88778312][/quote] it was like he'll that day ooo, no neighbor to help me beg, cos we live alone, I was even hoping visitors will just come around and help me beg, but nobody showed up ooo, even when I remember that story I always laugh within me, especially when he told me to put on the uniform and I discovered it was too big for me... My mind cut, I can never forget....

2 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by Forced17: 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
Remembering mine brings tears to my eyes

I clearly remember when mum sent me to buy iced fish for breakfast around 7 am so she can quickly cook before dad leaves for work. I sluggishly stood up, took the money and bought the fish. On coming back home I saw my friend marvelous with a new health football. I followed him to a field where we played football, met other kids there, dropped the fish somewhere and started playing football with them. We stopped playing when it got dark and we weren't seeing what we were playing anymore. My eyes cleared immediately and my eyes cleared, the fish has melted and was full of sand and smelly. I knew I was finished.
I got home that night by 8 and met mum outside, I greeted her and she responded nicely and told me to go inside and eat my food and bath. I was happy and had forgotten everything. I finished eating, took my bath and slept off. The next thing I felt was cold water on my body and cane all over. The beating that day was too much that I thought I would die. I woke up the next day and continued the cry.

16 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by PattyMike(m): 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
Stubbornness. I would always go and play ball, just throw my bag and uniform on the floor of the sitting room and play ball till when six when i know she will return, if mallam no open gate for me I will fly the small fence and sneak out from back enter police barracks go play ball. On that day mom came back early and i didn't know, i was 12 or 13 then, dad was late so no authority figure to fear. She scope me say make we go buy ice cream, me sef mumu wear clothes follow. Opposite tastee fried chicken at ogba there is a police station there Area G, Omo this woman drag me enter come begin dey cry say I too stubborn, papa don die, blah blah blah, jesu. The female police first jack me enter back of counter commot my shirt and shorts leave singlet and boxer, from back of counter go their torture room. They put handcuff on my hand, sat on the floor, raise my leg, one of the officer come dey roll cutlass under my leg, if the leg drop na koboko for back, blood of God, that's how I knew handcuff used to do kraa, kraa when they are tightening it. After almost 25 mins of intense punishment, they gave me undertaking to write, if my mama come here to complain again, they will put me in cell with hardened criminals for 2 days(they showed me, those ones dey play whot with candle and no window) or they will cutoff my toe, mehn I choose the cutting off o. Since that day I no sure say my leg touch ball after school close, till I finish secondary school. Looking back i come realize say I stubborn pass he-goat, still come playful. If not for God and my mama, I for don turn nuisance.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by pweeryambre: 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
rhames:
We

Nobody should pray for my experience and I don't wish my enemy this. I got a JAMB direct admission in 1994 but due to undue favouritism towards my siblings because of my parents archaic belief that the girl child were more valuable than the male child, and being the eldest child, my parents conspired and liked that they could not finance it. Some family friends offered to sponsor my education, especially one who at that time was a Judge of the Court of Appeal Enugu Division, but they blocked it. Instead they raised money for the women education while I had to work various jobs to survive.

Humiliation followed because of my inability to further my education but as fate will have it I was introduced to the world of finance and with my GCE became a ICAN chartered accountant and ACCA qualified and owning my own business. That also makes it a source of envy as I am the first born.
this one is just wickedness not purnishment again biko.

3 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by apex1271: 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
[color=#] 1847584[/color]
Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by Midex88(m): 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Here to read comments grin

1 Like

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Pick pin was the end of my deviant behavior the Holy Ghost began walking with me after my first experience

Followed by heavenly Agbara

1 Like

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by jrjfjfj: 8:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
When Messi Oloye (Mercedes benz) was still the top notch which my dad bought when he travelled to Germany then.He had 2 cars then ,but he cherishes his merci oloye grin like a baby . One this fateful Friday ,we were through with our exams ,I was happy naso I get home ,nobody dey house .I look this Messi Oloye E look me back ,I talk say make I test run am for street make them know say I be big boy for the area ,Mehn see respect All the boys dey hail me for street ,naso I carry babe wey set enter for moto say make I take her out ,I didnt even have money on me but I still dey cruise grin. I con dey romance her with one hand tongue ,Imagine me small boy wey dey ss2 .When I Don enjoy the thing na so I enter pit grin. Na then I know say Obedience is better than sacrifice grin. I was sweating from ass .I try to remove him no gree .I run go house ,con tell my papa wetin happen.Them comot the car at last but my father took me to hell and back .Him friend na General for army ,told them to carry me for grounding .Na there I know say life na terror ,at ss2 Aboki dey drill me like I stole , they gave me military training as a civilian. Haa them show me life lipsrsealed my dad paid for my suffering .after that he locked me for 1 month inside that Messi oloye ,I slept there ,no taking of bath ,no brushing ,one meal a day ,I decide if I want it at morning, afternoon or evening. Chai ,after that 1 month ,I wrote an undertaking to him .it was recent he showed me the under taking of many year's ago . Since then I became calm naturally. My dad helped me oo ,if not I for don become something else ,he made who I am today ,Thank u dad . Do u know that ,the Messi oloye is still in good condition till today very neat ,whenever I look at it I flash back. Such is life

16 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by apex4048: 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by Realfrankie(m): 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
My parents always lock me up to read my books

That's what I hate most

1 Like

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by cutedharmee: 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
Aaaahn see different stories...
Went to school this fateful day, so we finished our exam and told ma friend that we should go home since we ain't doing anything in school but she said no. I insisted and she later succumb after so much disturbance and pestering. We followed d Bush path and immediately we got outside and was about crossing this lady was knocked down by a speeding vehicle. The parent reported me to ma parent that it was both of us that left school before d gurl had an accident...oh boy nah combine beating I chop that day.

2. We closed from school, got home and change our uniform and decided to go visit our friend in d next compound to play king and recruit. While I was facing d entrance I sighted ma dad coming and ran for safety cos he has earlier warned us but unknowingly to my brother that dad was near. That was how he gave him(ma brother) ifase from back and he landed on his face and his front teeth broke grin...I was jus giving thanks to God dat day.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by Kimzo: 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
Another scenario was a cool evening, I was home with my younger brothers, Even though our parents told us not to leave the house, but too much sense killed us, I told my younger brothers that we should go and play football , normally when we are going out, there is a place we always drop the key, should incase anyone comes home...

My younger brother that locked the door forgot the key in his pocket, more than an hour after playing, I just saw a bike park not far from the field, next thing I heard was someone shouting my name, looking up, gbam, it was my Dad, he just turned with the bike man and zoomed off, nobody told us, the way we were running after that bike, it was as if we were ⚡⚡FLASH.

On getting home we saw him sitting outside with my Mum, person wey suppose help us beg, Chai, doom day, I opened the door, we just knelt down outside and started crying without anyone touching us, My Dad went straight to his room, on top of his wardrobe is where he always hide his Cane, came back and told us to turn our palm backward, that shiii was painful.....

I suffer for childhood no be small, coupled with the fact that y Dad was also a school principal then, no room for indiscipline ooooo.

9 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by MandalorianCree: 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
Most parents were just venting their anger and frustration on their little children. Discipline is good, but it should not be an excuse to torture children.

4 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by Hotspotbro(m): 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Drank Alcohol with his money. He even said that he regrets birthing us. I don't have anything to do with that foolish man.
Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by djon78(m): 9:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
Please let me not say all the uncountable punishment my parents gave to me while growing up. I have just made peace with the old man this year ( think 2 month ago ) after reading a book at onitsha (the book I am about reviewing with my WhatsApp family) . I was forced to put into practice what God commanded us to do. Narrating my ordeal all in the name of discipline will only hurt my feelings tonight but one thing I can promise my kids is that I will never do such to any of them. Don't mistake wickedness for discipline!

Honestly some of these were wickedness. The kind beating I received as a child made me to be very distant with my dad.
He even complained about it, that I was distant, not attached to him.

But a point came when I understood the spiritual implication of honouring your father and mother. I had to forgive forget and throw Away everything.

Today we relate very well. I talk with him every week. And I have learnt so much wisdom from him.

Irrespective of whatever our parents did especially when we were young and little they still love us. At least they provided, took us to the best schools, gave us good things of life. So there making some mistakes is because they are still humans.
So we should love them back more

9 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by Cocolatti(m): 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
BlissB:
Bros you sure say you well that time? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy they beat you for one you go back go do another one cheesy
One of the disadvantage of capital punishment.

1 Like

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by ajebuter(f): 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Serious beating? Nope..

As the first and only daughter with five younger brothers, I was my dad's princess!

I rarely got the belt ( my dad no dey use cane) plus I was well behaved even though born and raised in Idunmota in Lagos Island.

Las-las, 3 strokes of the belt and bible lesson afterwards.

But my immediate younger brother! Chai.. If my dad wasn't hard on him, he would have become one of the Street Lords collecting Owo Ile and Owo Orita in Idunmota and Isale Eko in Lagos Island.

But with my dad's firm hand,, intense Bible admonishion and lessons even after the discipline and of course God, he's a very responsible adult and family man today

My other four younger brothers toed a good line when they saw how our dad held their biggest egbon with firm hand.

It got better when my dad relocated the family out of Idunmota to a Shomolu where it was better and quieter in 1990.

But my mama eh! Iya Titi go cane you , cane your destiny join especially when my papa is not around to refrain her.

So, whenever my dad travelled on business, we no dey do nonsense!

All in all, They both managed to raise all graduates and good citizens.

Both are enjoying the positive fruits of their hard labor now.

Oluwaseun!

9 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by zealousayo(m): 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
bigt2:
Well, whenever my dad arrives from work - mostly weekends, he'd ask me to bring out my bag then count my exercise book (JSS days) and whip me with that cable used to connect power from the pole swirled together (a cable bent into two) in accordance to the missing sheets or notes unwritten .

After that he would sit on the bench with the whip (wire) in his hand while I LIFT A LOCAL Stool undecided WHILE PROSTRATING, and MY FOOT DARE NOT TOUCH THE GROUND angry- else I get my ass whooped over again embarassed
Quite painful cry

Then the following week he checks again, carrying over and compounding the previous punishment with the one due...

Did you graduate from Lautech?
Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by psalmylee(m): 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
pDudd:
In JSS2 I followed one of my ajebutter classmates home after school to play PlayStation 1. Their house was a mansion that always has AC on and all the curtains drawn so you can't see outside.

Na so I play game and chop chicken and rice sotay I forget say I get house. Eventually my friend asked me with worry, aren't you going to go home? I asked him the time and he told me it was 7pm. I instantly threw down my remote control, grabbed my bag and ran from VI extension area to 1004 estate. By the time I got home it was close to 8pm.

My parent thought I had been kidnapped. They asked where I was and I lied that there was fuel scarcity and there was no bus to come home. Of course that was a lie.

They tied me to the ground with rope and used iron springs from the sofa to flog the hell out of me. Then they used those same springs to flog the soles of my feet. I thought I was going to die that day. Damn! cry
guy no kill.me abeg

1 Like

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by Lilshorecords(m): 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kimzo:
I could remember walking home late from school in the evening, as I was playing football and my younger left me at school

I was surprised to meet my Dad in the living room, cos he wasn't supposed to be home at that time, I wasn't even aware my school uniform wasn't in me and that I had just my singlet and school trouser on, he asked for my shirt, I was surprised when I couldn't find it in my bag and inside my pocket (public school stuff).

The man just went in, before he came back I was on my way to school, when I got to the field where I was supposed to forget my Uniform, I was surprised to see one dirty shirt hung on the pole, I couldn't believe that was my uniform, I just took the cloth, went to school hostel, stole a friend's shirt, I was just walking back home crying and talking to God that I will become a Pastor if I don't die that evening..

On getting home, I saw my Dad well fined Cane, my Mum knelt and begging him, the man surprisingly was calm, until he told me to wear the uniform, behold, that shirt was almost touching my knee, Mogbe.

It wasdefinitely my Dad size, immediately the curse I sent to Femi, is definitely still affecting his life, to cut the long story shot, I went outside, held on to our Antenna pole, the rest na the dark patch I still have on my butt, and back... Ever since that day I no Dey wait make dem ring bell fo closing, I don Dey near class door, at the sound of the bell, I am already at the school car park waiting for bus..

I miss my Dad though, and I so much wish he is alive today... RIP DAD

Share your own story....

Pastor crack me bro. Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by josh123(m): 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
I came from a religious home, on a thursday morning before my dad left for work he told me to go for evening service i then said ok. Evening came i was about going to church when 2 of my friends came to visit me, they both came in and i switch on the tv for them and sat with them unluckily for me my dad came home early and saw me watching tv with my friends when i saw him i wanted to enter d ground, he then told me to switch off the tv he drove my friends out and told me to pull my clothes and he used a cane tied with thin wire to tear my back and my butt it was so fuccking painfull.

2 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by LiveLifeHub(m): 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
All I know is that my mum do correct the slightest mistake with a big beating and punishment starting with igbati oloyi (slap that makes you forget your existence), omorogun (stirrer) but nah the punishment they pain pass.

I remember kneeling on an iron grater, the rough side, or sharp sand while I carry a heavy block or grinding stone. Another one was ijokoidera (you will sit on the floor while you spread your legs up and spread your arms. No be small thing oh n I gonna do that for minutes or hours.

I appreciate mum for those training though. She is the best mum.

5 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by Roon9(m): 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
bonna4u:

grin grin grin.@Your own din finish today Onoss.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by doctor306(m): 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
grin
Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by abdullkabar(m): 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
Back in 1998/99(nyanya, Abuja)
I playfully or wickedly sliced a window curtain with blade(but I am sure the hole wasn't big enough for big Milo can to pass through). My mum was infuriated, she told dad immediately he came back from work in the evening.
He flogged me with his belt using the side with the iron buckle. The iron injured me seriously in the middle of the head that I bled seriously.
They had to go bath for me immediately and gave me paracetamol to relieve the pain.
After all, I went to my bed and tucked in, wondering if they were truly my parents(untop ordinary curtain small razor cut)
My dad and mum came to beg me that night.
I still have the scar on my head(just touched it now self)
I have moved on(but I think the anger from different punishments from my childhood is still there)
I was a very stubborn kid(ajegunle). I am very calm now, not that I don't feel like causing gobe, but I dey feel say I no need am. But my once in a while anger you go fear

2 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by chukwugoziegi: 10:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
We can't even take half the things we did to our parents from our kids to be honest. We were the ones who tortured them and not the other way round.
The kind of demons that possessed us as kids to do nonsense tried sha. You'll just sit down and funny funny things will be coming to your mind. The one rule we never obeyed was to "Sit at home" temptation will sha carry us to go out and when we do, mommy and daddy will definitely get back before us.

One time, my parents sent me to go buy kerosene, I don't know the evil play I was playing on the road that made me throw the kerosene away, something sha possessed me to add water to the remaining kerosene. I was 6 or 7, How will I know water and oil don't mix? Long story short, the devil rejected me that day.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by babtoundey(m): 10:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
My dad neither insults nor punishes so we were very free with him. Mum too purnishes mainly with harsh and unbearable words. But when circumstance warrants her canning you, no Jupiter will change your fortune.
My mum canned me just once. Then I was in Primary five. My offense was that I used and wasted four pens within three days. Before I went to school on that day, I complained I couldn't see my pen even though I had misplaced the one she bought for me earlier. She contrived to get me one. When I returned from scj6 she called me and asked for the pen she bought for me in the morning all I could present was a pen with floating ink. She just smiled, stood up and locked the door from inside. That moment I knew it was going to be a tough battle for me. And it was. She didn't let me loose of her grips until she was satisfied.

2 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by afemgbosey(m): 10:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
I remember loosing our Christmas chicken. The guy harass me with feather slaps as I hold am to kill. What surprised me was that it flew over the fence enter bush.

I chop better blala that day, even my mom kept her distance. Laslas we kill the remaining chicken and since that day, na me dey chop the head

Nb :. Na lie oo

2 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by Edosao: 10:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
When your parents wake you up 1am in the morning with Kane and pepper
Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by davillian(m): 10:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
angry
My elder brother suffered in pop c hands because popc handed me to him...
So we always together so anytime I mess up na my bro de chop beating and punishment....
I think my own punishment was to stand facing him while he use me to watch NTA news
And after the news you would hear the story of his life from selling ciger to Biafran soldiers to how he sold bread and did house boy until he joined the Nigerian army how he met my mother etc before you know it ive remained standing for 3 hrs +

5 Likes

Re: Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents by psalmylee(m): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
Forced17:
Remembering mine brings tears to my eyes

I clearly remember when mum sent me to buy iced fish for breakfast around 7 am so she can quickly cook before dad leaves for work. I sluggishly stood up, took the money and bought the fish. On coming back home I saw my friend marvelous with a new health football. I followed him to a field where we played football, met other kids there, dropped the fish somewhere and started playing football with them. We stopped playing when it got dark and we weren't seeing what we were playing anymore. My eyes cleared immediately and my eyes cleared, the fish has melted and was full of sand and smelly. I knew I was finished.
I got home that night by 8 and met mum outside, I greeted her and she responded nicely and told me to go inside and eat my food and bath. I was happy and had forgotten everything. I finished eating, took my bath and slept off. The next thing I felt was cold water on my body and cane all over. The beating that day was too much that I thought I would die. I woke up the next day and continued the cry.
guy,if na me born u,u for do die oo..lol

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Theory Of The Modern Wife / How To Increase Intimacy In Marriages / Fashola's Wife Welcomes Lagos First Baby Of 2015 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.