Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,734 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial (108974 Views)

15-Year-Old Indian Injected Her Boyfriend's HIV Positive Blood To Prove Her Love / First Volunteer In UK Coronavirus Vaccine Trial Has Died / Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:22am On Apr 24, 2020
domDva:
This is the difference between knowledge based economy run in the West and Religion based economy run in Africa.

The funny thing is that even the miracle working pastors are also isolating and hoping for vaccine to be discovered by prayerless Westerners.

Wake up Africa wake up.
Yes o. Funny enough, after the vaccine is successful, the religion heads will resume "healing all kinds of sicknesses" again. Who's fooling who?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Jashub: 11:23am On Apr 24, 2020
Yxxx:

Don't be in a hurry to condemn the post.
I believe in God but truth be told this virus has exposed the church.
The early christians healed the sick but now what is happening?

Some of the church leaders have not groomed it's members on the power of God instead they focused on frivolous activities. Now see .

It is time for the church to rise and go back reconsider our ways.
There is power in God.we just have to discover it.
Bro, can't you see that the Op is a retarded atheist looking for stones to throw...? How does church fall into all this? Or are some of those scientist not Christians...? The Op doesn't even know the borderline between science and religion
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by BeStroNG(m): 11:23am On Apr 24, 2020
igbokwenu90:
...... Gbammmn !

You didn't include foreign pastors. Or are they not pastors too that should proffer solution at a time like this? All those American super rich and famous pastors, add them to your list
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Edavi234: 11:24am On Apr 24, 2020
Apt reply.
The gross darkness in this part of the world is beyond imaginable.

Christianity brought light and hope to the people.

Angelfrost:

Some of the scientists and developers of the vaccine are highly religious individuals... So, you really haven't said much.

It is horrendously fallacious to conclude that an innovative, scientific, and technology driven individual can't equally have religious inclinations... Or that a highly religious person can't have a passion for science.

It's all a question of boundaries... The nations you call non religious have more religions than Nigeria alone...

Most Middle Eastern and Asian nations are far more religious than some African nations, yet at par with their European counterparts in terms of technological advancement!!! So, your argument is dead in the water!!!

Putting all the woes of Nigeria and Africa on a single entity (religion) bespeaks myopia and poor objectivity!!!

What is limiting Africa goes beyond religion... The Evil is Africa and African itself!!! Religion like any other factor, merely magnified it!!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by kokoA(m): 11:25am On Apr 24, 2020
Abdulgalib:

I wonder if you are not african, all what you knew how to do is sit at home and critize the public, when you are the one causing greater nuisance
Tell me this whenever you hear news like[b] "Nigeria government disburse 500 million naira to 6 universities to aid research on covid19[/b]" Else throw sentiments away and accept facts.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by baralatie(m): 11:27am On Apr 24, 2020
ooohoo:

Thanks for the update, I checked out the link; you are definitely right. Luckily, we have other pharmas across the globe making frantic efforts, right? I think there are about 3 or 4 active developments as at now, excluding Gilead's of course.
yes there are!
i just pray for good news either about a vaccine or an intervention drug.
this pandemic is not funny for any country at all
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by RapistOnBail: 11:27am On Apr 24, 2020
am4truth:

Hmmmmm. I am grateful to God for his faithfulness over my life and family.
I pray that your pride does not destroy you. I pity your parents if you still have them.
Pray your humility brings food on your table you pauper
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by odinson1(m): 11:31am On Apr 24, 2020
Studies also show that praying for other people either has no effect (if the recipient isn't aware of it) or has a small negative effect (if the recipient is aware of it). This rather suggests that the benefits of prayer are all internal, and that no "Almighty" is listening to them.

Here are my thoughts on prayer. I'll compare how the Christian god acts regarding prayer with how a potential friend might ask.

Let's say I contact a friend and tell her that I need some help doing something; I send an email, make a call, and she never gets back to me, not "Yes" not "No" not "maybe." I'd consider that pretty inconsiderate, though if she was particularly busy I might let it pass. If I ran into her and she said "well, I was going to help you, but I wanted you to stress out, send a few more emails and be more obsequious" I think I'd find a new friend.

None of my friends treat me like this. But this is basically how the Christian god operates.

Some people say that this is the wrong way to look at prayer, and it's like a *conversation.* But conversations require actual communication. Sitting around silently *feeling the presence* or someone or something isn't adequate communication by my standards. Even distant acquaintances do better than the Christian god seems to do here.

So, maybe it's all wrong, and the *only right prayer* is to just tell god "Your way, not my way, I SUBMIT I SUBMIT!" Wow, what a *deep, profound relationship.* It's about the same relationship you would have with a nutcase holding a gun to your head.

All said, remote acquaintances seem to provide a lot more meaningful contact than gods do through prayers.

There are stories of people praying to the Christian God and being healed.
There are stories of people praying to non-Christian gods and being healed.

There are stories of people praying to no gods and being healed.
There are stories of members of all three categories who are not healed.
How do we figure out if anything is going on except confirmation bias? We find people who are sick, we have some prayed for and some not, and we see if there is a different recovery rate. The Templeton Foundation - a group inclined to believe that prayer is effective - ran exactly that experiment and found no difference

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by ooohoo: 11:32am On Apr 24, 2020
baralatie:

yes there are!
i just pray for good news either about a vaccine or an intervention drug.
this pandemic is not funny for any country at all

I hope so too, we need to get back to work.

One month in, we are seeing significant economic damages, I better not imagine how disastrous it will be if there is an extension to the lockdown. Of course, that will definitely be determined by infection rates. Hopefully, we'll see a downturn in coming days.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by hope4nigeria(m): 11:32am On Apr 24, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] Rubbish and baseless
you as human is the real rubbish because you don't have a point.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by cray91(m): 11:33am On Apr 24, 2020
She no Lie
dokyOloye:
God bless the white man.

Blacks are only good at sex.Nancy Pelosi 2020 grin
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by jaxxy(m): 11:35am On Apr 24, 2020
Danhumprey:
Testify to what exactly? grin

A great force and power at work.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by kingxsamz(m): 11:36am On Apr 24, 2020
honeyB2018:

Science and technology is yet to find cure for HIV, Epilepsy, Cancer etc, but God through the pastors, with prayers said in Jesus name have brought about healing to these
Science and technology have not explained to us, how a woman who has gone past her age of child bearing, will still take in and bear children.
Science and technology has failed to explain to us, how a woman, without a womb will still be mother of children. These and many more has God through the pastors have done.

Do you know what proof is?
He didn't ask you to describe the drama you watched on Emmanuel's TV.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Jashub: 11:38am On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
hope4nigeria:
you as human is the real rubbish because you don't have a point.
[/s] Another piece of rubbish sighted.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Etinosa1234: 11:39am On Apr 24, 2020
Nuel4:

Nobody wants to have sex with an HIV positive person, that's the reality. Those ARV you are talking about have unexplainable side effects nobody wants to live with that so people naturally run away from HIV positive people.
so you don't know there are powerful billionaires in the world who claim the Earth will die in 12 years if we don't reduce population and stop using crude oil? It is tortuous arguing with you, I must admit.

Some people have made the choice to stay with the HIV positive spouses.. so that ur first line is very flawed

There is no drug in this world that doesn't not have side effects ...so that ur second line is flawed

A lot of people have made that claim .. and still the world is still moving..for example.. Bill Gates made a claim that a pandemic would come into this world and destabilize it...now that it has happened... would u say he was the one that brought the disease into this world to make more money?..

Also when they made the claim, didn't u reason whether it was true or not..

judge urself.. The growing population is outnumbering the earthly resources that we have ...how many people are feeding well..Are people not giving birth to children that dey can't take care of??....U are a conspiracy theorist so I don't expect u to reason abt it all

Even abt the crude oil...do u know what gas is doing to the atmosphere..Esp the ozone layer ..
Lemme bring it down to naija..The land where crude oil is mined ..Is it usable...

The World is planning to work without crude oil...hence the invention of solar powered cars and the likes

All ur arguments up there are basically flawed...pls do some Reading cool

lastly it's tortuous to accept the truth
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by kingxsamz(m): 11:39am On Apr 24, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] Rubbish and baseless

You really fall hand, I swear.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Emmanuelhector(m): 11:42am On Apr 24, 2020
sammyj:
If UK get this vaccine sorted out first . Then the Americans and the Chinese will have a lot to loose!! The world power might to UK if care is not taken as everyone will look towards them! shocked
Oga shut up.. So world power is all about vaccine? .. Aboki
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by dollyj1996(m): 11:43am On Apr 24, 2020
i dont understand y u pple are mixing science with belief..all knowledge and wisdow had it source frm somewhere
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by lalopeto: 11:47am On Apr 24, 2020
kokoA:
African countries are just sitting down, folding their arms in the name of lockdown while praying and hoping that the white man gets a cure or vaccine for covid19, yet we have professors, PhD holders, etc all over the place in thousands of universities.

And you will be the first person to condemn the African professors and PhD holders with whatever vaccine they come up with then. Do we even believe in ourselves?
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by kingxsamz(m): 11:48am On Apr 24, 2020
am4truth:

Childish comment. He should go and contact covid-19 before you believe that God works miracle. I pray that you never be sick.

Read your comment again and ask God to forgive your ignorance. Doctors would tell you, they can only care for you but it is God who heals.

You're not that bright.
You called his statement childish fot saying he should contact the virus to prove that God does miracles. Yet you threaten him with sickness. Like, if he develops serious illness, that would make him run to God.
Smh... undecided
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by kingxsamz(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2020
Etogist:

Talking as if the scientists themselves are not members of religion.

Do scientists make breakthroughs through their religious beliefs? Do they implement their religious beliefs in their work?
Ask yourselve this question. undecided
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by kolawolejohn(m): 11:52am On Apr 24, 2020
Sheriman:

Shut up Jooor!!! You Eeeeediot!! So you're still under the influence of religion slavery of all these Scammers calling themselves men of God. There is no man of God anywhere. All were based on deceit and lies..

What you don't know your ego will not allow you to learn... You're too shallow in your thought. Because you have gone far and loaded with many evils you think no one can access God...repent and you will know God. Not everyone one is a scammer. Don't be lost. Go and by sense.

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by m140(m): 11:59am On Apr 24, 2020
Dtribeless:

Incorrect assertion! It's bombs that makes world powers these days, not cures for disease. UK medicine is already among the topmost so not much will change.
Guess bomb go cure coro bah
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by kingxsamz(m): 11:59am On Apr 24, 2020
Rebuke:

Isn't funny how this is the only conclusion yhu lot have anytime anyone opposes yhur opinions?

The guy is apt on his comment.

All yhu guys do is throw jabs at pastors and make fool of yhur selves.

Yhu that is so smart, what have yhu invented?
Yhu and yhur type should bury yhur heads in shame.

Before yhu critisize - make sure yhu have added value or contributed in any little way to human development or rest yhur filthy fingers from typing rubbish on the internet.

Slow pokes who alwys think themselves smart.

You're trying to act smart, but you're not.
Do you know that guy personally?
How do you know whether he has contributed to humanity or not?
How have you yourself contributed to humanity?
That guy made a valid point, and this was what your fellow brethren could come up with. undecided
Jashub:
Rubbish and baseless
who's the smart one now?
He didn't even have the balls to debunk the guy's claims. He could only throw insults.

Asking someone what he has invented is a childish question expected from a Primary school student. Unless you are one.
Your religion, beliefs and your pastors are not above criticism, as long as it keeps affecting our nation negatively.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by foshe36: 11:59am On Apr 24, 2020
Charleys:

What about a cure, why are people preaching about vaccines?

So you'll rather prefer to vaccinate 7 billion people rather than cure less than a million with coronavirus. Don't you think something is wrong.

Modified: thanks to those who corrected me.

Good question.. Virus is a deadly pathogen and what viruses do to human body is to change normal body cells to another thing that looks like body cells but are really not and doing some harms. They dwell on body cells in a host, to effectively kill a virus you need to kill the cells its living on maybe by killing the host itself. But in case of bacteria they only feed on your body nutrients, they multiply on their own and can be easily targeted with drugs without harming the cells of the host

Once the virus has entered the body and manipulated all the body cells its already late and at that moment your body is already fighting against it self. Why hasn't there be cure for polio over the centuries,

To avoid that let's get the body ready for the virus before it enteres the body, lets build a firewall against the virus. that's why we need the vaccines first.
And also vaccines are cheaper than drugs most times and its the lasting solution.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Some people have made the choice to stay with the HIV positive spouses.. so that ur first line is very flawed

There is no drug in this world that doesn't not have side effects ...so that ur second line is flawed

A lot of people have made that claim .. and still the world is still moving..for example.. Bill Gates made a claim that a pandemic would come into this world and destabilize it...now that it has happened... would u say he was the one that brought the disease into this world to make more money?..

Also when they made the claim, didn't u reason whether it was true or not..

judge urself.. The growing population is outnumbering the earthly resources that we have ...how many people are feeding well..Are people not giving birth to children that dey can't take care of??....U are a conspiracy theorist so I don't expect u to reason abt it all

Even abt the crude oil...do u know what gas is doing to the atmosphere..Esp the ozone layer ..
Lemme bring it down to naija..The land where crude oil is mined ..Is it usable...

The World is planning to work without crude oil...hence the invention of solar powered cars and the likes

All ur arguments up there are basically flawed...pls do some Reading cool

lastly it's tortuous to accept the truth
lmao you actually think you know the truth?
Let me lecture you a bit about reality.
When you meet a girl you want to marry, tell her you have HIV but it's undetectable and see if one excuse will not pop up as to why she can't marry someone from tribe. By the time you try this with about hundred girls you might find one who would agree to be with you.
Even if population is rising by millions everyday, nobody has the right or power to decide who lives or who dies. Without oil 90 % of the world economy collapse. Nature is naturally catastrophic, even if human beings decide to stop using crude oil and go back to jungle, hurricane, earthquake etc will still be destroying the earth and objects will still collide with Earth and destroy it when the time comes. Everything in this world dies even Earth will die.
You actually believe people like Gates aren't evil behind closed doors? Bill Gates is the one controlling all HIV and AIDS development funding, Gates is extraordinarily obsessed with population control and reduction, you think someone who is obsessed with population reduction will fund the development of a cure to HIV, the only disease in the world the can discourage people from having unprotected sex which leads to pregnancy?
Just watch Gates interviews and see how obsessed he is about depopulating the Earth.
You need to open your eyes and think independently of what you read on the mainstream.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Angelfrost(m): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
Xisnin:

You apparently don't understand religion and science.
You are also conflating a scientists personal belief with the society enforcement
of religious doctrines.

"Highly religious" scientists will be too little and too few and we can predict that majority of them
will be below average. There is a clear difference between belief and religiosity.

Moreover, science works regardless of faith or lack of it, so a scientist being religious is irrelevant.

However, there is a wide difference between a religious society and a secular one that has scientists
who happen to be theists.

The first would respond with "It is not my portion and god is in control" in case of a new problem
and the other will ask "what are the causes and how do we stop it".

Religious society are correlated with poverty and poor education.
Even within a secular and advanced society, the most religious parts
are the poorest.
Look at the US for example, the bottom of the poverty table are filled
with highly religious states. It is not a coincidence.

You are not being very objective here, and I can easily deduce you have a personal deep seated issue with religion in itself...

Religion didn't begin with Africa, and won't end here... Religion has existed since time immemorial, and technological advancement didn't suffer undue decline or setback in all that time.

What is keeping Africa back is way beyond religion, trust me on this. You can successfully ban religious practices across this continent, and still have it trailing embarrassingly behind both religious and irreligious nations!!!

I concede that extremism with regards to religion is a big issue here... But, extremism can exist even outside religion. Typical instance was the Rwanda war and genocide. What religious practices or religion brought forth such level of inhumanity, wickedness and backwardness??!... On what religious grounds did we fight a pointless, idiotic, and counterproductive civil war for over 2 years??!...

If Africans and Nigerians want to move forward, we will!!! It even makes more sense to deal with disunity borne mostly out of tribalism and bigotry rather than differences in religion or religion in itself!!!

Detribalize a nation or people, and watch them fly or soar in the midst of industrialization even in the midst of religion!!!

I do pause and reflectively concede ground that religion, where or when wrongly practised, can also be part of the problem. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by m140(m): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
sammyj:
So the curr for thys biological weapons isn't good enough to make you world power !!! cool
You dey mind the guy
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Gabbropee: 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by lagdmark(m): 12:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
domDva:
This is the difference between knowledge based economy run in the West and Religion based economy run in Africa.

The funny thing is that even the miracle working pastors are also isolating and hoping for vaccine to be discovered by prayerless Westerners.

Wake up Africa wake up.
Little boy it's time for solidarity, not for Stupidity, do a brain check today you're loosing it already.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by molbic(m): 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
igbokwenu90:
...... Gbammmn !
as far as am concerned t.b Joshua is not supposed to be in that list because he's 95% more caring , loving and supportive and generous than those mega pastors up there

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Benefits Of African Black Soap / Indonesian Teenager Impaled By Needlefish That Jumped Out Of Water (Graphic Pix) / 9 Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf - No 1 Will Suprise You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.