Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators (28854 Views)

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister / COVID-19: Innoson Ready To Produce Ventilators & Medical Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:18am On Apr 24, 2020
You keep pondering on testing, I do not think ''testing'' is the most important thing we need now. I believe we are told that the virus shows up within 2weeks. If Nigeria goes on a 3 weeks lockdown, those with the virus who fall sick, can go to hospitals, if positive, they and family would be isolatated and treated. But when the lockdown is not effective, people do not stay home, people are complaining of hunger, government are not helping, how will the lockdown be effective? The government has a greater part to play. Don't forget that yesterday we read that over 40 health workers have contracted the virus and are currently in isolation. How can 40 health workers contract it? it means they do not observe necessary precautions or are not provided with necessary materials. I wonder how many people those health workers must have infected in our poorly resourced hospitals. The health workers who should test us are even a danger to us as well, pathetic country.
Reference:
What I say to the NCDC at this point where it appears they have lost control as one of my final suggestions is to select just ONE aspect, the most critical aspect of the pandemic and go for it with whatever they have.

They should focus on testing ALONE and completely vacate the stage of isolation, contact tracing and treatment for the states. They are doing far too much to be effective in any. If they cannot bring in capacity by delegation then they cannot win.

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Jaqenhghar: 6:19am On Apr 24, 2020
When we were talking here some people shouted us down and called us names. There was this write up where one dummy said Niggeria is better prepared than US and UK. Whe we tried to assess how true it was people said we were being lackeys. See am. Time reveals everything.

Niggeria is the only place where the simplest things are the most difficult things to do.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by TruthSpeaker: 6:20am On Apr 24, 2020
VENTILATORS SHOULD BETTER BE CALLED LIFE SUPPORT MACHINE SO PEOPLE WILL GET TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS. THERE IS VERY LITTLE EFFICIENCY USING VENTILATORS ON COVID-19 PATIENTS. IN NEW YORK, ONLY 12% OF PATIENTS THAT WERE PUT ON VENTILATORS SURVIVED. IN OTHER WORDS AN EFFICIENCY OF JUST 12% IS TOO POOR TO RECKON WITH.
ARE VENTILATORS NEEDED? OF COURSE YES IN ICU FOR MANY OTHER SERIOUS AILMENTS, NOT JUST FOR COVID-19.
NO DOUBT CORRUPTION IS A STUMBLING BLOCK FOR THIS COVID-19 FIGHT
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by 1122miki: 6:24am On Apr 24, 2020
so where are all the billions donated by various individuals and organizations?This ncdc are playing the highest scam of this era using covid19 as their fraud/scam format.no try extend this lockdown 419 ncdc.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by naijaman2225(m): 6:25am On Apr 24, 2020
dangermouse:
Take a chill pill bro, the lockdown is going to take months... Advice u start getting used to it.
DAMN RIGHT!
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by kengoodman: 6:26am On Apr 24, 2020
josen16322:
look at dis stupid excuse dis crook is bringin up all d billion dey donated to dis ncdc to buy everytin dey needed to stop d spread of d virus now look at wat dis man is complainin about sayin no enough ventilators etc see on monday eh if dis lockdown doesnt end or stop i heard a group of terrorist sayin dey will blow up aso rock in d northside angry sad
.....Ogbeni u are alone on this ur journey oo.Once DSS nock at ur papa door be ready to lead them to those terrorist hide out that u just mentioned.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Reference(m): 6:26am On Apr 24, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
What exactly are you trying to say So if the the virus spreads and escalates, do you think only the poor masses will die/be infected? Even those stealing the funds will be affected one way or the other. You think that hungry people would give a hoot joining you in discussing strategies to resolve the pandemic, or they would be more interested in going out to heck out a living. Now that we have a sizable number of victims is when we should have a total lockdown, with adequate resources shared out, but how will lockdown work with masses complaining they are hungry, relief funds stolen, shared with sentiments, etc. Truth is, we can only be hopeful a vaccine is out and the virus does not spread, otherwise the poor/ those embezzling relief materials would both go down.

I think you need to read between the lines of what the head of the NCDC is saying. For the first time he is raising the issue of the economics of the pandemic. What does it tell you.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Emedu(m): 6:28am On Apr 24, 2020
Reference:

Oga, demand for accountability and stop these semantics. Stop giving goverment officials a free pass. This country is in serious trouble. They, whoever has been receiving money on behalf of goverment should be held accountable. Nigerians want to know why we appear under resourced despite publicly declared donations. Transparency is not what you toy with in critical situation such as this.

If Nigerians arr going to be kept at home till December due to lack of resources to battle Covid 19 let us know NOW so that those who have a serious stake in Nigeria can go find the resources to shorten the battle.

Is it a sin for goverment to be open, honest and transparent.

I am not challenging that fact my brother. I really care like you. I am only given the reasons NCDC is pleading for all these needs. Frankly speaking nobody is encouraged at the way the FG is handling this dangerous and highly contagious pandemic.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Jaqenhghar: 6:31am On Apr 24, 2020
Bullshit you guys are ready nah. Even more ready than US and Germany

https://www.nairaland.com/5713818/coronavirus-dr-joe-abah-talks
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Reference(m): 6:32am On Apr 24, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
You keep pondering on testing, I do not think ''testing'' is the most important thing we need now. I believe we are told that the virus shows up within 2weeks. If Nigeria goes on a 3 weeks lockdown, those with the virus who fall sick, can go to hospitals, if positive, they and family would be isolatated and treated. But when the lockdown is not effective, people do not stay home, people are complaining of hunger, government are not helping, how will the lockdown be effective? The government has a greater part to play. Don't forget that yesterday we read that over 40 health workers have contracted the virus and are currently in isolation. How can 40 health workers contract it? it means they do not observe necessary precautions or are not provided with necessary materials. I wonder how many people those health workers must have infected in our poorly resourced hospitals. The health workers who should test us are even a danger to us as well, pathetic country.

You don't understand what a pandemic is all about. I suggest you make inquiries about Covid 19. Start with the WHO and ask what the most important thing is. Then come back here.

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by kelly72: 6:34am On Apr 24, 2020
We shared $300 million recovered Abacha loot with Nigerians -- Lai Lai Mohammed
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Emedu(m): 6:35am On Apr 24, 2020
kelly72:
We shared $300 million recovered Abacha loot with Nigerians -- Lai Lai Mohammed

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Benbellamor: 6:35am On Apr 24, 2020
Nbote:
So what's all d noise d hapless health Minister was making long before corona even entered Africa about being ready?
He thought he can manipulate like Inec but faced realities
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by jmaxjohn(m): 6:37am On Apr 24, 2020
dederocs:
only 20% of those infected meet their demise.

This is a very stupid thing to say. If your family member dies of this virus, you'd be speaking differently.

Lemme educate you.
1918, when the Spanish flu hit, there was an estimated world population of 1.8 billion people.
The number of deaths from the flu was at 50 million.
The number of infected was at 500 million.

Since you like percentages, let's do some.
The number of deaths in 1918 to the world's population was just 2.7%
2.7% is small until you remember that 2.7% is a whopping 50 million people.
The number of deaths from the confirmed cases of 500 million is small, just 10%, until you remember that just 10% is a whooping 50 million people.

Next time, think before you open your stupid mouth or type stupid things.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by olax02(m): 6:39am On Apr 24, 2020
dangermouse:
Take a chill pill bro, the lockdown is going to take months... Advice u start getting used to it.
i bet you, even the whole month of May na still lockdown thingz..
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by chubinwa(m): 6:41am On Apr 24, 2020
Nigeria indeed is a contraption.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Galaticos444: 6:44am On Apr 24, 2020
dederocs:
and u said that's only while in d US it's jst 5% and dey ar complaining bitterly

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 24, 2020
These guys are just gallivanting about benefiting unnecessarily from these things.
1)How can someone be positive and he/she is asked to go home and isolate at home.In Nigeria?.Those in better clime who came up with this idea to reduce the burden on their health facilities have better monitoring system and their environment and infrastructure permits it.Someone who leaves in face me and face you kind of apartment can not self isolate.WE WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE INCREASE CASES UNTIL ANOTHER "BIG MAN OR WOMAN" DIE AGAIN FROM COVID 19 BEFORE WE REORIENTATE OUR APPROACH.Because common man has no place in our agenda.
2)The so call big people are defiling every order of social distancing,sit at home and the use of private hospitals in treating COVID 19 cases.The PTF knew all these and they are not addressing it head on.Using gloved hand approach because the so call big people are involved.
I submit that most people involved In all these saga of COVID 19 are all looking for financial gains.NOTHING ELSE.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by tatatar: 6:46am On Apr 24, 2020
godofuck231:
you all will remember goodluck Jonathan, it was a promise
As the clueless drunkard.of course we do

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by dederocs(m): 6:51am On Apr 24, 2020
jmaxjohn:

This is a very stupid thing to say. If your family member dies of this virus, you'd be speaking differently.

Lemme educate you.
1918, when the Spanish flu hit, there was an estimated world population of 1.8 billion people.
The number of deaths from the flu was at 50 million.
The number of infected was at 500 million.

Since you like percentages, let's do some.
The number of deaths in 1918 to the world's population was just 2.7%
2.7% is small until you remember that 2.7% is a whopping 50 million people.
The number of deaths from the confirmed cases of 500 million is small, just 10%, until you remember that just 10% is a whooping 50 million people.

Next time, think before you open your stupid mouth or type stupid things.
your father is mad, the solution is simple,.you and your family can stay indoors, lock yourselves in and wrap yourselves up...problem solved.
stupid sheep, hide inside and live forever, jobless fool.
Do you know the percentage of the world that dies from malaria, diabetes etc...
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by ifeanyija(m): 6:51am On Apr 24, 2020
tamonokare:
What do you need laboratories for when we have churches ?
and mosques
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by queengift(f): 6:54am On Apr 24, 2020
Emedu:
early testing before manifestation of the symptoms is the best approach. That is what help Isreal and co. Our testing rate is extremely too low.

It's too low, just about 8000+ citizens had been tested, for over a month now. God help us
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:56am On Apr 24, 2020
You are funny
Reference:

You don't understand what a pandemic is all about. I suggest you make inquiries about Covid 19. Start with the WHO and ask what the most important thing is. Then come back here.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by jmaxjohn(m): 7:02am On Apr 24, 2020
dederocs:

your father is mad, the solution is simple,.you and your family can stay indoors, lock yourselves in and wrap yourselves up...problem solved.
stupid sheep, hide inside and live forever, jobless fool.

Thank you, o sensible and wise one, please lead and guide us foolish ones in this desperate times. Provide us stupid sheep with the solution to this. Oh brave and powerful one, walk around like you just don't care, we need a courageous leader like you.

Oponu
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by SocialJustice: 7:02am On Apr 24, 2020
godofuck231:
cheesy cheesy cheesy Mumu Jonathan. Remember him for what?

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by spiralwedge(m): 7:07am On Apr 24, 2020
Now with this high figures, ventilators won't be enough and medics will be rude and carefree as pressure increases.

The following week is not the best time to get infected.

Stay at home, people
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 24, 2020
dederocs:

Like 40 out of 200 people is what you call only??
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by ugodedoc: 7:11am On Apr 24, 2020
josen16322:
look at dis stupid excuse dis crook is bringin up all d billion dey donated to dis ncdc to buy everytin dey needed to stop d spread of d virus now look at wat dis man is complainin about sayin no enough ventilators etc see on monday eh if dis lockdown doesnt end or stop i heard a group of terrorist sayin dey will blow up aso rock in d northside angry sad

My dear there are things you don't just post in the public for safety sake, pls protect yourself first
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Investnow2017: 7:13am On Apr 24, 2020
Racoon:
And what have become of all the COVID19 billions donated? Coronavirus will locate all the looters in this government.

My bro. It is not a case of having the money now, it is getting ventilators and enough lab and testing kits. I think that is why he mentioned "supply chain". But what baffles me is that all along they have been assuring everyone that they are ready.

Additionally, only about 20% of those who where placed on ventilators in New York survived. Once a Covid-19 patient gets to the point of having to use ventilator the chances of survival especially for those that have underlying health issues is very slim.

We do not know what we are dealing with yet. I am very very concerned about our fire brigade method. Brazil recorded 407 deaths yesterday alone and over 3,000 testing positive in just one day.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by AreaFada2: 7:14am On Apr 24, 2020
godofuck231:
Word. But some will still be too proud (though regretting in their hearts) to admit that they let ethni-religious sentiments blind them so easily.

Sarrki here is one of such.

Because Jonathan along with Fashola didn't let Ebola go wild, they won't know.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by spiralwedge(m): 7:14am On Apr 24, 2020
godofuck231:

Of course, I remember him for not building ICUs, revamping hospitals for 8 years (6 as president, 2 as vice) at a time when oil prices were the highest and Nigeria was richest in its history.

I voted for him thinking he would change things only for him to turn out a distatseful weakling. Only ethnic bigots misses him. Never again.

Buhari is not any better. Neither do I miss Jonathan.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rainfall Exhumes Corpses From Graves At A Cemetery In Kano. Photos / Health Effects Of Wearing Tight Underwear (photos) / Lagos Converts More Hotels, Public Places To Isolation Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.