Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,453 members, 7,836,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International (22327 Views)

Prince Of Orhuwhorun Kingdom, 2 Policemen Killed In Cult Related Clash (Graphic) / 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International / 2 Men Murder A Man In Bayelsa Over A Cult Related Issue (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by HarryDuce(m): 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
smeag0l:
I live in Rivers state and have been living here for over 6 years now and I must say that this is the worst place to live in this country asides the north east of Nigeria and I will highlight my reasons for saying so below:

1. The indegenes are the most lazy I have seen in my entire life and they puff with envy wheever they see you progressing.

2. You can never have a blissful political career without being a cultist. For instance, the state house of assembly is full of cultists.

3. Although, Emohua, Khana and Gokhana LGA's are the most violent , there are several other LGA's that you still find a lot of violence. There are places you even dare not go to in Port harcourt not to talk of outside of Port harcourt. I'll just name a few here starting with those within ph. Borokiri is a no-go area for a responsible person in ph.You can easily ge kidnapped there and the next place you'll find yourself is in Bonny, Onne, Bayelsa or Delta no thanks to the linking waterways. Places like D-line,Eagle island and Ogbunabali are known havens for cultists. They seem very peaceful whenever you go there but they can be very volatile. I have a friend who was shot in the afternoon in Ogbunabali. Now to places outside ph which are even more dangerous: You cannot drive to Oyigbo and Eleme in the evenings after 7pm for fear of being robbed or kidnapped. You may never return alive if you enter places like Tombia kingdom, degema, buguma or kula particularly if you don't understand their language or you are not from Rivers state. Places like Rumuekpe, Ndele,Choba, Omerellu and Omoku in both Emohua and Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni LGA's are places where kidnapping is rife even with complicity from the villagers. These places are also very notorious for cult killings. The only places I can vouch for as being safe in Rivers(outside ph) are Bonny, Onne(because these are islands with a lot of industrial activity) and within Ph are Woji, Old GRA, New GRA,Rumuibekwe and Peter Odili(because the people that live in these places are welll-to-do and can provide their own security.

4. Rivers state has no other business venture sustaining it apart from the oil and gas. Remove Shell, Exxonmobil and TOTAL from Rivers and watch the economy of the state crumble. All other profitable ventures in this state are built around servicing the IOC's. The government of the state also rely on taxes from the IOC's and government allocation to survive.

5. This is the state with the average highest cost of living in Nigeria. Food is expensive cos the indegenes are lazy and don't farm. All they do is to sell and resell their fathers' landed properties. What they call a plot of land in Rivers is three-quaters of what it is in Lagos and even more expensive.

6. There's something else that threatens life expectancy in Rivers stae-The soot. This is mainly due to the illegal bunkering activities in the state.

7. In conclusion, there are places I've never being to in Port harcourt not because I don't want to but because I can't . Also, I've never been anywhere outside Ph but within Rivers(except Oyigbo) without the use of police or soldiers . I really wish I wasn't here.
What state are you from if I may ask?

It would be pointless to point out obvious achievements by the indigenes to someone like you with a very toxic mindset.

Why are you in Rivers state in the first place? I'm sure you can get a better quality and standard of living everywhere else according to your write-up

1 Like

Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by Tunks2017(m): 6:17pm On Apr 24, 2020
Cultist state angry
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by Sniper101(m): 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
Neef2018:
Rivers is a cultist state same with most of the SS states. It’s not just the unis and polys, even some elderly men are fully immersed into it. Cultism is in the streets. My Uber driver was attacked by 2 boys around Rumuola flyover. They battered this guy. They not born the driver well to talk as there are over 4 other boys watching the development. Me sef, I just sit down dey watch. I be ju, I nor fit enter fight wey I no know the root. After he was bloodied and we resumed our trip, I asked what that was all about, he said they were cultists and he’s coming back to retaliate. If you want to live well in PH just move to the GRA, anything outside that zone na OYO you be

Blah blah blah
Please, come up with something better
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by ostarlink: 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
Rivers state has no rival when it comes to cultism. Even a new born child can be initiated into a cult.
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by smeag0l(m): 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
I used to live in lagos state but work brought me here.
HarryDuce:
What state are you from if I may ask?

I'm from Rivers state and it would be pointless to point out obvious achievements by the indigenes to someone like you with a very toxic mindset.

Why are you in Rivers state in the first place? I'm sure you can get a better quality and standard of living everywhere else according to your write-up
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by Elitecee(m): 8:59pm On Apr 24, 2020
The worst is they live fake life, always trying to play lord game. Even their governor sometimes behave like one of them.
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by WorWorBoy: 9:23pm On Apr 24, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by Graysons: 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
WorWorBoy:
Before you talk about about embarrassment and m0rons I want to know where you are from your state of origin.

Yes Angelfrost where are you from?
we want to know grin grin
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by lacasera14(m): 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2020
zionmde:
The laziness of Rivers' knows no bound. an average Rivers' indigene thinks he is entitled to free money because of oil, making them throw hardwork away and form several groups to extort money from companies, these groups are used for political reasons and dumped, then they evolve into cultism

Until the government makes sure these free money stops circulating and dat these youths must work before they get paid, then cultism is a long thing d state must continue to live with
I don't understand how cultism that started long ago is now linked with oil. Cultism is rampant in Nigeria oil or no oil.
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by Angelfrost(m): 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
WorWorBoy:
Before you talk about about embarrassment and m0rons I want to know where you are from your state of origin?

To what end exactly??! To invalidate my assertions, or compare regional proclivities??!...

Please, deal with the truth of the thread.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by WorWorBoy: 9:52pm On Apr 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by Graysons: 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Angelfrost:

To what end exactly??! To invalidate my assertions, or compare regional proclivities??!...

Please, deal with the truth of the thread.
But why are you ashamed to mention where you are from? Or perhaps you are from here. grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5814426/raped-us-initiation-into-cult
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by lacasera14(m): 10:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
smeag0l:
I live in Rivers state and have been living here for over 6 years now and I must say that this is the worst place to live in this country asides the north east of Nigeria and I will highlight my reasons for saying so below:

1. The indegenes are the most lazy I have seen in my entire life and they puff with envy wheever they see you progressing.

2. You can never have a blissful political career without being a cultist. For instance, the state house of assembly is full of cultists.

3. Although, Emohua, Khana and Gokhana LGA's are the most violent , there are several other LGA's that you still find a lot of violence. There are places you even dare not go to in Port harcourt not to talk of outside of Port harcourt. I'll just name a few here starting with those within ph. Borokiri is a no-go area for a responsible person in ph.You can easily ge kidnapped there and the next place you'll find yourself is in Bonny, Onne, Bayelsa or Delta no thanks to the linking waterways. Places like D-line,Eagle island and Ogbunabali are known havens for cultists. They seem very peaceful whenever you go there but they can be very volatile. I have a friend who was shot in the afternoon in Ogbunabali. Now to places outside ph which are even more dangerous: You cannot drive to Oyigbo and Eleme in the evenings after 7pm for fear of being robbed or kidnapped. You may never return alive if you enter places like Tombia kingdom, degema, buguma or kula particularly if you don't understand their language or you are not from Rivers state. Places like Rumuekpe, Ndele,Choba, Omerellu and Omoku in both Emohua and Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni LGA's are places where kidnapping is rife even with complicity from the villagers. These places are also very notorious for cult killings. The only places I can vouch for as being safe in Rivers(outside ph) are Bonny, Onne(because these are islands with a lot of industrial activity) and within Ph are Woji, Old GRA, New GRA,Rumuibekwe and Peter Odili(because the people that live in these places are welll-to-do and can provide their own security.

4. Rivers state has no other business venture sustaining it apart from the oil and gas. Remove Shell, Exxonmobil and TOTAL from Rivers and watch the economy of the state crumble. All other profitable ventures in this state are built around servicing the IOC's. The government of the state also rely on taxes from the IOC's and government allocation to survive.

5. This is the state with the average highest cost of living in Nigeria. Food is expensive cos the indegenes are lazy and don't farm. All they do is to sell and resell their fathers' landed properties. What they call a plot of land in Rivers is three-quaters of what it is in Lagos and even more expensive.

6. There's something else that threatens life expectancy in Rivers stae-The soot. This is mainly due to the illegal bunkering activities in the state.

7. In conclusion, there are places I've never being to in Port harcourt not because I don't want to but because I can't . Also, I've never been anywhere outside Ph but within Rivers(except Oyigbo) without the use of police or soldiers . I really wish I wasn't here.
That's how you guys made the north so scary I thought on arrival I will be ambushed by Boko Haram or some other sect and be kidnapped instantly, but so far I've lived peacefully with some of the friendliest Nigerians ever. I was born and breed in Rivers, and there's no where you can't go to. Stop peddling false information based on what you heard.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
people taking about government and rubbish, Rivers state youths are the most useless in the whole Nigeria, unproductive, dumb, lazy and aggressive set of humans. They have all it takes to make it far but no they all have a short vision, even the ones that make it abroad still dont go far because of their short vision and low mentality. I feel like the state is not grounded properly, their fathers, elders and leaders are failed role models.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by Drizzy5001(m): 11:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
It's only a fool that will join cult undecided tufiakwa
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by Viciyke00(m): 3:30am On Apr 25, 2020
Sirnioking:
I am neither a cultist nor a pauper like you ignorantly claim!!! I'm a hardworking lecturer in the Rivers State University!!
Crime is not localized in any community or State in Nigeria! It is a general problem!! No state in Nigeria has experienced the level of removal of its police commissioners than Rivers State.Government efforts to sustain gains in security don't last because the enemies in Abuja will stop at nothing to remove a performing CP. Fallacies online such as what you posted has led to the lose of billions of Naira in revenue for our State. Banking on hate campaigns like this, many companies have moved to Ogun and Lagos!! Personally I have lost over 37k$ to demarketting campaigns like this!! I had researchers from Italy who bring nothing less than 5000$ as counterpart funding on Snake research, but after people like you went loose they stopped coming!!! If you are truly a Nigerian stop the hate speech against Rivers State!! I assure you that the State is peaceful, friendly and much much better than the false security data you have!! Yet we are not perfect and so is Lagos!

You are a lecturer in UST? :h

Lmfao I no get strength to type anything again
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by Sirnioking(m): 6:40am On Apr 25, 2020
Yes I am!!! What's wrong with it!!! Meanwhile if you are interested in seeing live snakes you can pay me a visit!!!
Viciyke00:

You are a lecturer in UST? :h

Lmfao I no get strength to type anything again
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by InternalAuditor: 6:41am On Apr 25, 2020
PropaMan:
people taking about government and rubbish, Rivers state youths are the most useless in the whole Nigeria, unproductive, dumb, lazy and aggressive set of humans. They have all it takes to make it far but no they all have a short vision, even the ones that make it abroad still dont go far because of their short vision and low mentality. I feel like the state is not grounded properly, their fathers, elders and leaders are failed role models.

Chai this is deep. Kinematics aka worworboy, so all of una dey useless for that shithole called PORT HARCOURT cheesy

Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by InternalAuditor: 6:48am On Apr 25, 2020
smeag0l:

Kinematics, this is deep. Please your rebuttal is need urgently cheesy
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by smeag0l(m): 7:56am On Apr 25, 2020
Obviously, you didnt read my post and just hurried here to send an empty rebuttal. There was the news of someone in the papers that his wife and only son were kidnapped in his house in borokiri and and were later found dead on the waterways a week later. The man also had this attitudeof yours that "I was born and bred in Rivers so nothing can happen". He is regretting it now. Rivers is never safe and you yourself know it except you want to be living in self denial. Have you asked yourself why expatratiates live only in camps and cannot move around freely wiyhout security even in the seemingly peaceful areas in Rivers state?Same expatriates go to lagos and they can drive or walk around anywhere on the island unguarded. That something doesn't happen to you immediately doesnt make a place safe. Even the dumbest people on earth know northern nigeria and the niger delta are not safe.
lacasera14:
That's how you guys made the north so scary I thought on arrival I will be ambushed by Boko Haram or some other sect and be kidnapped instantly, but so far I've lived peacefully with some of the friendliest Nigerians ever. I was born and breed in Rivers, and there's no where you can't go to. Stop peddling false information based on what you heard.
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by lacasera14(m): 9:48am On Apr 25, 2020
smeag0l:
Obviously, you didnt read my post and just hurried here to send an empty rebuttal. There was the news of someone in the papers that his wife and only son were kidnapped in his house in borokiri and and were later found dead on the waterways a week later. The man also had this attitudeof yours that "I was born and bred in Rivers so nothing can happen". He is regretting it now. Rivers is never safe and you yourself know it except you want to be living in self denial. Have you asked yourself why expatratiates live only in camps and cannot move around freely wiyhout security even in the seemingly peaceful areas in Rivers state?Same expatriates go to lagos and they can drive or walk around anywhere on the island unguarded. That something doesn't happen to you immediately doesnt make a place safe. Even the dumbest people on earth know northern nigeria and the niger delta are not safe.
I read your post very well Oga, it's not encrypted. Crime is everywhere and all we pray for is God's protection. They kidnap people everyday in different parts of Nigeria.
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by smeag0l(m): 9:59am On Apr 25, 2020
Yeah, I agree in the north and in the south south. Most notably rivers and bayelsa. You cant just compare what happens in these places to other places in Nigeria. I have been opportuned to live in other parts of Nigeria and I know what I'm telling you. Do you know that nigeria is one of the two places where expatriates earn highest in the entire world just because of security? And what makes it so higher the activities of boko haram in the north and kidnappings and militancy in the south south.
lacasera14:
I read your post very well Oga, it's not encrypted. Crime is everywhere and all we pray for is God's protection. They kidnap people everyday in different parts of Nigeria.
Re: Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International by Elvictor: 7:33am On Dec 12, 2020
Graysons:
But why are you ashamed to mention where you are from? Or perhaps you are from here. grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5814426/raped-us-initiation-into-cult

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

₦30,300,000 IGP STS Extortion In Abuja (Photos) / Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) / BRT Bus Involved In An Accident At Marina On Saturday 29th. (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.