Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom (110865 Views)

Snakes Take Over Alhaji Estate In Kurudu, Abuja (pix) / 10 Things That Are Unexpectedly Dirtier Than Your Toilet / Running To Bathroom To Use Showerhead After Unprotected Sex Is A Waste Of Time' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by BABANGBALI: 12:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
Very educative and informative

In the photograph below taken in the late 40s, seun and lalasticlala before God finally picked their calls

1 Like

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by edoairways: 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
womjomfashion:
cool

Very good write up, really help, that's why most of the time when I'm travelling for few days, what I do is to pour alot of salt in the water closet and cover it.

Even sometimes, when visitors toilet is not used for some weeks that's what I do.

You can do business with us, contact us for your face mask.
Does salt kills them?
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by hefelove(m): 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
Who say make I open this thread now cry to shit just dey fear me, now I don check toilet like 10times flush sef

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Mutemenot(m): 12:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
[quote author=kalvoken post=88799281]Op nice work but you are not totally right.

Snake inside toilet System is as a result of broken chamber, pipes or not well covered soak away. If you have a soak away with a good air inlet, no snake can gain access into it not to talk of locating the pipe that leads to your house.

Also some people are fond of not covering their slabs as it was formerly after repair work.

Your opi onu is more understandable and it reflects the actual truth.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
thwn you're not a science student.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by youngdave78(m): 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Alizardbird:
This is creepy men

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by gevans(m): 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
jidxin:
how do u mean.... U mean rat can walk on the wall of my sceptic tank into the hole I'm not understanding.

As in ehhh. I don't even understand. I think OP is not in the engineering field (especially construction). How can reptiles find it's way into a well concrete septic tank and reinforced pipes?
It is only possible for low quality work.

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by mechanics(m): 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
kalvoken:
Op nice work but you are not totally right.

Snake inside toilet System is as a result of broken chamber, pipes or not well covered soak away. If you have a soak away with a good air inlet, no snake can gain access into it not to talk of locating the pipe that leads to your house.

Also some people are fond of not covering their slabs as it was formerly after repair work. This can lead to snakes or other things turning the slab to their home and sometimes paying you a visit inside the house. So after the plumber had done his repairs, make sure he cement the slabs well enough so you won't tell stories that touch the heart.

Also, when running your waste pipe, try and get a thick pipe because rats can easily make hole on a light pipe thereby creating avenue for other creatures to make use of it.

As per the floor drainage filter.that you suggested to be covered with a piece of tiles, if you have done all the aforementioned, I don't think their is need for that. Just avoid removing the filter cover on the drainage system. Many people remove it because they want the waste/bath water to move out faster. It is very dangerous, he that invented it did so for a reason. Remember to always cover your washing hand basins and sink with the rubber cover that comes with the drainage system.

My opinion though.
You are making a meaningful point.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Thatsammie(m): 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
shocked shocked I'm still puzzled on how a live snake was found in a water closet in an apartment on the second floor of a building. shocked shocked
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by armiee: 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
Olaolex:
The thought of snakes in the toilet sink or bathroom is enough to make most people to get creeped out or irritated. The real truth is that these slithery dangerous reptiles really gets into people's toilet and bathroom.

Most people wonder how come these reptiles get into toilets and bathrooms, some people don't even believe it is possible but I'm here to analyze how this happens and what you should do, precautions to take in order to prevent such an occurrence.

Normally, different reptiles and rodents such as rats, frogs and even cockroaches find their way into people main building through the pipes. Snakes are very much dangerous, that is why it is of higher concern to a lot of people.

Now let's get down to business.

When talking about snakes getting into the toilet sink, some people think or assume that there's already water inside the toilet sink, but if you know about plumbing you'll discover that the toilet sit is designed in such a way that the water stays only in the sink and the pipe that leads to the septic tank or soak away is always empty and free of water.

Also, some people wonder how come these snakes get through their pipes even though there is not a broken pipe outside the house.

I'll give an explanation on how that happens, as you know snakes feed mostly on rats and rats are known to burrow or dig holes in the ground. So as Mr.Snake chases after Mr.Rat, Mr.Rat runs into it's hole thinking it is safe but Mr.Snake still continues it's chase after Mr.Rat into Mr.Rat's hole and Mr.Snake might catch Mr.Rat if it's lucky.

If Mr.Snake gets unlucky and Mr.Rat Escapes Mr.Snake would have lost it's way and then tries to find every possible way to get out of the hole and the only way it can do this is to follow the direction air is coming from and unfortunately again, that air is coming from your toilet pipe that is connected to your septic tank under the ground.

The snakes then follows this path and ends up in your toilet to give you a warm surprise when you're about to perform your daily transaction with the toilet.

There are different ways in which this can be prevented from happening.

Firstly, Always make sure that all the bushes around your house are properly cleared and well burnt so as to prevent any rodents or reptile from harbouring around the house.

Another thing you should take note of is to Always ensure you fumigate your toilet sink at least once in 6 months, there are special pesticides that are made specifically for this purpose.

Keep your toilet lid closed at all times and you can also make use of a flat tile to cover your bathroom filter when you're not in the bathroom so as to stop any further movement of the reptile though the pipes and also ensure that all pipes are well fixed and closed.

Lastly, always make sure you check inside your toilet sink before you make any transaction with it, so as to avoid any form of "stories that touch the heart."

I hope you have learnt a thing or two from this article, if so, kindly like and follow for more interesting contents.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by lordkay10(m): 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
OP, the only solution is not staying in a bungalow or groundfloor of any building cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Vokians(m): 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
Noted.
Meanwhile work from home and earn some cash for yourself in this period of lock-down. Are you interested or into affiliate marketing and want to earn as much as $100 dollars daily by working from home using you smartphone or computer? Then see my signature and register through that link. It is free, no investment capital needed.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by HundHunter(m): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
Petersamuel8:
This thread don reach front page with zero comment

That should be the handy work of one and only Lala
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2020
Op what na I don flush toilet like 10 times na
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by mordred44: 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
Either rat hole or no rat hole....if there is no form of damages or loops between your suckaway and pipe...there is no way snake will penerate into your pit because shit na chemical
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by rotecch77(m): 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
gevans:

Reptile cannot find it's way to a well engineered mechanical systems (plumbing) of a building. These days septic tanks are casted with reinforcements and high grade concrete. We now have quality pipe which are very difficult for rodents to bore hole on.
The above painted scenario can only occur when there is a poor engineering work and low quality pipes.

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

You are right when the suckaway/ septic thanks done in a proper way by professionals but NOT all were constructed with reinforced concrete. Many are still constructed with block,
Mostly water lodge area were constructed with reinforced concrete.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Alezy(m): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
kalvoken:

Also some people are fond of not covering their slabs as it was formerly after repair work. This can lead to snakes or other things turning the slab to their home and sometimes paying you a visit inside the house. So after the plumber had done his repairs, make sure he cement the slabs well enough so you won't tell stories that touch the heart.

Also, when running your waste pipe, try and get a thick pipe because rats can easily make hole on a light pipe thereby creating avenue for other creatures to make use of it.

As per the floor drainage filter.that you suggested to be covered with a piece of tiles, if you have done all the aforementioned, I don't think their is need for that. Just avoid removing the filter cover on the drainage system. Many people remove it because they want the waste/bath water to move out faster. It is very dangerous, he that invented it did so for a reason. Remember to always cover your washing hand basins and sink with the rubber cover that comes with the drainage system.

My opinion though.
God bless you. Made some very good points
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Olayinka777(m): 1:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
Remember to always cover your washing hand basins and sink with the rubber cover that comes with the drainage system.

My opinion though. [/quote]
I don't think it is necessary to do that as washing hand basins sinks already have an iron covering with tiny holes as a protection against such.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by obibob2020(m): 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
kalvoken:

My opinion though.
Oil full your head.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by supereagle(m): 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
EXLOVER:
This shit is scary, this best thing to do is shit small flush, shit again then flush. Cause if snake kiss your nyash, just kiss Earth goodbye.
There are native ways of pulling out the poison.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by kokakola: 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
womjomfashion:
cool

Very good write up, really help, that's why most of the time when I'm travelling for few days, what I do is to pour alot of salt in the water closet and cover it.

What does the Salt do?
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by rotecch77(m): 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
New innovation in town now is Biogas or biodigester.

-No evacuation again
-No odour
-Environmental friendly
-Free cooking gas (methane) from the system (biogas)
-Little space needed for the biodigester
-Cost lesser than old system (suckaway/septic)

Reach me here for more

Link to the thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/5786342/biogas-bio-toilet-bio-digester-toilet#88309204

1 Like

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by ibinaboonline: 1:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
I've been following you for some weeks now. You're always dannnnnming niggar and then isoright. LOL. A man that loves weed and lives with a laptop who has unqualified love of snakes is a bad combination. I wouldn't want to be your friend.
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

That is why Me dey always flush toilet before i sit down put
I must make sure i flush whether he clean or not i must flush first.

But wait o. Why lay so much emphasis on my snakes? There are other dangerous reptiles. The way when people take dey see snake ehnnn. Snakes nor dey dangerous like that o.
Na beautiful python own dey pain me pass. We too dey kill python
The rate at which we kill them these days, their population will soon be threatened. Lets learn to live peacefully with these beautiful snakes. They don't bite to attack and to defend. They only swallow small animals
If you keep your cool, a human - python cohabitation is very possible.

Even the cobra, black mamba and Taipan that are poisonous only bite to defend
Because i dey reason am why he be say if snake come meet us for house them nor dey harm us. Sometimes self you fit live with snake for two years inside house them nor go do you anything

There is no way you can be bitten by a snake in a residential building
Which means they respect us
So lets learn how to respect them
Please lets learn to live and stay with this beautiful creature called snake

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Amsickindahead: 1:25pm On Apr 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

But wait o. Why lay so much emphasis on my snakes? There are other dangerous reptiles. The way when people take dey see snake ehnnn. Snakes nor dey dangerous like that o.
The rate at which we kill them these days, their population will soon be threatened. Lets learn to live peacefully with these beautiful snakes. They don't bite to attack and to defend. They only swallow small animals

Because i dey reason am why he be say if snake come meet us for house them nor dey harm us. Sometimes self you fit live with snake for two years inside house them nor go do you anything

u are so funny niggar,so sane being will eva listen to u
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by SkyUrch(m): 1:28pm On Apr 24, 2020
HOW ABOUT POURING KEROSENE INTO THE TOILET AND FLUSHING IT DOWN ONCE IN A WHILE.
WILL THAT HELP?
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by rotecch77(m): 1:31pm On Apr 24, 2020
Olaolex:
The thought of snakes in the toilet sink or bathroom is enough to make most people to get creeped out or irritated. The real truth is that these slithery dangerous reptiles really gets into people's toilet and bathroom.

Most people wonder how come these reptiles get into toilets and bathrooms, some people don't even believe it is possible but I'm here to analyze how this happens and what you should do, precautions to take in order to prevent such an occurrence.

Normally, different reptiles and rodents such as rats, frogs and even cockroaches find their way into people main building through the pipes. Snakes are very much dangerous, that is why it is of higher concern to a lot of people.

Now let's get down to business.

When talking about snakes getting into the toilet sink, some people think or assume that there's already water inside the toilet sink, but if you know about plumbing you'll discover that the toilet sit is designed in such a way that the water stays only in the sink and the pipe that leads to the septic tank or soak away is always empty and free of water.

Also, some people wonder how come these snakes get through their pipes even though there is not a broken pipe outside the house.

I'll give an explanation on how that happens, as you know snakes feed mostly on rats and rats are known to burrow or dig holes in the ground. So as Mr.Snake chases after Mr.Rat, Mr.Rat runs into it's hole thinking it is safe but Mr.Snake still continues it's chase after Mr.Rat into Mr.Rat's hole and Mr.Snake might catch Mr.Rat if it's lucky.

If Mr.Snake gets unlucky and Mr.Rat Escapes Mr.Snake would have lost it's way and then tries to find every possible way to get out of the hole and the only way it can do this is to follow the direction air is coming from and unfortunately again, that air is coming from your toilet pipe that is connected to your septic tank under the ground.

The snakes then follows this path and ends up in your toilet to give you a warm surprise when you're about to perform your daily transaction with the toilet.

There are different ways in which this can be prevented from happening.

Firstly, Always make sure that all the bushes around your house are properly cleared and well burnt so as to prevent any rodents or reptile from harbouring around the house.

Another thing you should take note of is to Always ensure you fumigate your toilet sink at least once in 6 months, there are special pesticides that are made specifically for this purpose.

Keep your toilet lid closed at all times and you can also make use of a flat tile to cover your bathroom filter when you're not in the bathroom so as to stop any further movement of the reptile though the pipes and also ensure that all pipes are well fixed and closed.

Lastly, always make sure you check inside your toilet sink before you make any transaction with it, so as to avoid any form of "stories that touch the heart."

I hope you have learnt a thing or two from this article, if so, kindly like and follow for more interesting contents.

Good one
But is like there is typo error here.
SINK ; it should be “water closet seat”
“ Sink is for kitchen”
Wash hand basin is for toilet”
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Trendsoulmate(f): 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
kalvoken:

My opinion though.
How you corrected him so politely is really commendable!!!

3 Likes

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by farem: 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

All this epistle can be managed in a line and we will understand you:
Those Snakes are your ancestors!
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by abundanceseun: 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
You are correct.
Water,life.
kalvoken:

My opinion though.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by quiteboy(m): 1:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
Thanks OP, learnt something new today.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:52pm On Apr 24, 2020

How did the air pass the water in the toilet down to the pipe U failed to explain this one, bcux from my own calculation air can't pass through that water

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Coca-cola Does To Your Penis Will Shock You / #NoBraDay Video Of A Busty, Slim Slay Queen With 'Heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter / This May Be The Reason Why Most Men Die Suddenly During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.