Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,381 members, 7,958,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:07 AM

This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom (111612 Views)

Snakes Take Over Alhaji Estate In Kurudu, Abuja (pix) / 10 Things That Are Unexpectedly Dirtier Than Your Toilet / Running To Bathroom To Use Showerhead After Unprotected Sex Is A Waste Of Time' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by SmallmebigGod: 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2020
I need help on this, it is becoming too frequent in my house. Who can help.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
Inconclusive post
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by womjomfashion(f): 2:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
kokakola:

What does the Salt do?

It will scare them away from that environment forever.

Infact kerosene or petrol is good too
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by larryking540: 2:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
kalvoken:
Op nice work but you are not totally right.

Snake inside toilet System is as a result of broken chamber, pipes or not well covered soak away. If you have a soak away with a good air inlet, no snake can gain access into it not to talk of locating the pipe that leads to your house.

Also some people are fond of not covering their slabs as it was formerly after repair work. This can lead to snakes or other things turning the slab to their home and sometimes paying you a visit inside the house. So after the plumber had done his repairs, make sure he cement the slabs well enough so you won't tell stories that touch the heart.

Also, when running your waste pipe, try and get a thick pipe because rats can easily make hole on a light pipe thereby creating avenue for other creatures to make use of it.

As per the floor drainage filter.that you suggested to be covered with a piece of tiles, if you have done all the aforementioned, I don't think their is need for that. Just avoid removing the filter cover on the drainage system. Many people remove it because they want the waste/bath water to move out faster. It is very dangerous, he that invented it did so for a reason. Remember to always cover your washing hand basins and sink with the rubber cover that comes with the drainage system.

My opinion though.

And let me add ,some times we always forget to shut the toilet window properly and don't forget the toilet is situated at the back of the hux where it's always very cold ,and these funny snakes can climb the walls not tiles wall
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by womjomfashion(f): 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
edoairways:

Does salt kills them?

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Tallysmallz(f): 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
Olaolex:
The thought of snakes in the toilet sink or bathroom is enough to make most people to get creeped out or irritated. The real truth is that these slithery dangerous reptiles really gets into people's toilet and bathroom.

Most people wonder how come these reptiles get into toilets and bathrooms, some people don't even believe it is possible but I'm here to analyze how this happens and what you should do, precautions to take in order to prevent such an occurrence.

Normally, different reptiles and rodents such as rats, frogs and even cockroaches find their way into people main building through the pipes. Snakes are very much dangerous, that is why it is of higher concern to a lot of people.

Now let's get down to business.

When talking about snakes getting into the toilet sink, some people think or assume that there's already water inside the toilet sink, but if you know about plumbing you'll discover that the toilet sit is designed in such a way that the water stays only in the sink and the pipe that leads to the septic tank or soak away is always empty and free of water.

Also, some people wonder how come these snakes get through their pipes even though there is not a broken pipe outside the house.

I'll give an explanation on how that happens, as you know snakes feed mostly on rats and rats are known to burrow or dig holes in the ground. So as Mr.Snake chases after Mr.Rat, Mr.Rat runs into it's hole thinking it is safe but Mr.Snake still continues it's chase after Mr.Rat into Mr.Rat's hole and Mr.Snake might catch Mr.Rat if it's lucky.

If Mr.Snake gets unlucky and Mr.Rat Escapes Mr.Snake would have lost it's way and then tries to find every possible way to get out of the hole and the only way it can do this is to follow the direction air is coming from and unfortunately again, that air is coming from your toilet pipe that is connected to your septic tank under the ground.

The snakes then follows this path and ends up in your toilet to give you a warm surprise when you're about to perform your daily transaction with the toilet.

There are different ways in which this can be prevented from happening.

Firstly, Always make sure that all the bushes around your house are properly cleared and well burnt so as to prevent any rodents or reptile from harbouring around the house.

Another thing you should take note of is to Always ensure you fumigate your toilet sink at least once in 6 months, there are special pesticides that are made specifically for this purpose.

Keep your toilet lid closed at all times and you can also make use of a flat tile to cover your bathroom filter when you're not in the bathroom so as to stop any further movement of the reptile though the pipes and also ensure that all pipes are well fixed and closed.

Lastly, always make sure you check inside your toilet sink before you make any transaction with it, so as to avoid any form of "stories that touch the heart."

I hope you have learnt a thing or two from this article, if so, kindly like and follow for more interesting contents.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Peace081: 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
womjomfashion:
cool

Very good write up, really help, that's why most of the time when I'm travelling for few days, what I do is to pour alot of salt in the water closet and cover it.

Even sometimes, when visitors toilet is not used for some weeks that's what I do.

You can do business with us, contact us for your face mask.
Will the salt kill the snake?
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by addictiv(m): 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
Op weldone o... Now I cannot shit in peace again
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by fireback: 2:06pm On Apr 24, 2020
Thatsammie:
shocked shocked I'm still puzzled on how a live snake was found in a water closet in an apartment on the second floor of a building. shocked shocked
why are you putting more fears on people.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Peace081: 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
ibinaboonline:
I've been following you for some weeks now. You're always dannnnnming niggar and then isoright. LOL. A man that loves weed and lives with a laptop who has unqualified love of snakes is a bad combination. I wouldn't want to be your friend.
grin cheesy grin See finishing

1 Like

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by womjomfashion(f): 2:10pm On Apr 24, 2020
Peace081:

Will the salt kill the snake?

1 Like

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Peace081: 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
womjomfashion:

Thanks alot
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by ceejay80s(m): 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
Once in a while buy sniper pour in ur toilet sink and flush
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by B4Blez: 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
Thanks for the info
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by X0012(m): 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
Watin this one dey talk. Next time u see a snake. Go pet am u hear
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

That is why Me dey always flush toilet before i sit down put
I must make sure i flush whether he clean or not i must flush first.

But wait o. Why lay so much emphasis on my snakes? There are other dangerous reptiles. The way when people take dey see snake ehnnn. Snakes nor dey dangerous like that o.
Na beautiful python own dey pain me pass. We too dey kill python
The rate at which we kill them these days, their population will soon be threatened. Lets learn to live peacefully with these beautiful snakes. They don't bite to attack and to defend. They only swallow small animals
If you keep your cool, a human - python cohabitation is very possible.

Even the cobra, black mamba and Taipan that are poisonous only bite to defend
Because i dey reason am why he be say if snake come meet us for house them nor dey harm us. Sometimes self you fit live with snake for two years inside house them nor go do you anything

There is no way you can be bitten by a snake in a residential building
Which means they respect us
So lets learn how to respect them
Please lets learn to live and stay with this beautiful creature called snake
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by zinny377(f): 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
Panic attack! cry i shouldn't have opened this thread.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by OdenKelechi(m): 2:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
I'll literally die at the sight of this. I fear snakes like maddd
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Dollabiz: 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
ye
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Godformeeeeeee: 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

But wait o. Why lay so much emphasis on my snakes? There are other dangerous reptiles. The way when people take dey see snake ehnnn. Snakes nor dey dangerous like that o.
The rate at which we kill them these days, their population will soon be threatened. Lets learn to live peacefully with these beautiful snakes. They don't bite to attack and to defend. They only swallow small animals

Because i dey reason am why he be say if snake come meet us for house them nor dey harm us. Sometimes self you fit live with snake for two years inside house them nor go do you anything

u dey craze ba?
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by FEGNO: 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
Snakes mostly get into a toilet through the septic tank or soak away. Sometimes, through a broken pipe leading into the toilet. The most important thing to do is to make sure all the slabs or edges covering the soak away is intact. And that broken pipes are changed immediately or covered up with cement.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2020
I have always feared this but my question is does this description work for compounds that are fenced and fully floored?
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2020
Olaolex:
The thought of snakes in the toilet sink or bathroom is enough to make most people to get creeped out or irritated. The real truth is that these slithery dangerous reptiles really gets into people's toilet and bathroom.

Most people wonder how come these reptiles get into toilets and bathrooms, some people don't even believe it is possible but I'm here to analyze how this happens and what you should do, precautions to take in order to prevent such an occurrence.

Normally, different reptiles and rodents such as rats, frogs and even cockroaches find their way into people main building through the pipes. Snakes are very much dangerous, that is why it is of higher concern to a lot of people.

When talking about snakes getting into the toilet sink, some people think or assume that there's already water inside the toilet sink, but if you know about plumbing you'll discover that the toilet sit is designed in such a way that the water stays only in the sink and the pipe that leads to the septic tank or soak away is always empty and free of water.

Also, some people wonder how come these snakes get through their pipes even though there is not a broken pipe outside the house.

I'll give an explanation on how that happens, as you know snakes feed mostly on rats and rats are known to burrow or dig holes in the ground. So as Mr.Snake chases after Mr.Rat, Mr.Rat runs into it's hole thinking it is safe but Mr.Snake still continues it's chase after Mr.Rat into Mr.Rat's hole and Mr.Snake might catch Mr.Rat if it's lucky.

If Mr.Snake gets unlucky and Mr.Rat Escapes Mr.Snake would have lost it's way and then tries to find every possible way to get out of the hole and the only way it can do this is to follow the direction air is coming from and unfortunately again, that air is coming from your toilet pipe that is connected to your septic tank under the ground.

The snakes then follows this path and ends up in your toilet to give you a warm surprise when you're about to perform your daily transaction with the toilet.

Firstly, Always make sure that all the bushes around your house are properly cleared and well burnt so as to prevent any rodents or reptile from harbouring around the house.

Another thing you should take note of is to Always ensure you fumigate your toilet sink at least once in 6 months, there are special pesticides that are made specifically for this purpose.

Keep your toilet lid closed at all times and you can also make use of a flat tile to cover your bathroom filter when you're not in the bathroom so as to stop any further movement of the reptile though the pipes and also ensure that all pipes are well fixed and closed.

Lastly, always make sure you check inside your toilet sink before you make any transaction with it, so as to avoid any form of "stories that touch the heart."

I hope you have learnt a thing or two from this article, if so, kindly like and follow for more interesting contents.

I have always feared this but my question is does this description work for compounds that are fenced and fully floored?
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by oodua1stson: 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
How old are you?
hod898:
Nice post OP. I Didn't know water sits only on the sink. I use to think the snake had to swim through the water in the pipes! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Cc: lalasticlala grin
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by kokakola: 3:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
womjomfashion:

Oh! I see Thank you for this information.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by womjomfashion(f): 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
kokakola:

Oh! I see
Thank you for this information.

My pleasure sir
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by adebayo987: 3:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
God Bless you, Op!
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by ttobizz(m): 3:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Eh don clear
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Oluwapomile1: 3:32pm On Apr 24, 2020
Thanks for the info. I have been scared of this for long!
Do they also come upstairs? paranoid much...
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by SavageMaster: 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
Olaolex:

Thank you very much for this information
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by SisiOma: 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2020
If u like d snakes dis much, or if dey dnt attack, why den do u ve to flush toilet weather clean or not b4 making use of it .

[color=#006600][/color]
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

1 Like

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Dreyton36: 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Oh God wetin this wan smoke oooo, shey na snake u they talk of like this like a na rat you they talk of

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Could This Be STD Or Bad Immune System? / This May Be The Reason Why Most Men Die Suddenly During Sex / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.