Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,936 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom (110863 Views)

Snakes Take Over Alhaji Estate In Kurudu, Abuja (pix) / 10 Things That Are Unexpectedly Dirtier Than Your Toilet / Running To Bathroom To Use Showerhead After Unprotected Sex Is A Waste Of Time' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by saasala(m): 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2020
kalvoken:
Op nice work but you are not totally right.

Snake inside toilet System is as a result of broken chamber, pipes or not well covered soak away. If you have a soak away with a good air inlet, no snake can gain access into it not to talk of locating the pipe that leads to your house.

Also some people are fond of not covering their slabs as it was formerly after repair work. This can lead to snakes or other things turning the slab to their home and sometimes paying you a visit inside the house. So after the plumber had done his repairs, make sure he cement the slabs well enough so you won't tell stories that touch the heart.

Also, when running your waste pipe, try and get a thick pipe because rats can easily make hole on a light pipe thereby creating avenue for other creatures to make use of it.

As per the floor drainage filter.that you suggested to be covered with a piece of tiles, if you have done all the aforementioned, I don't think their is need for that. Just avoid removing the filter cover on the drainage system. Many people remove it because they want the waste/bath water to move out faster. It is very dangerous, he that invented it did so for a reason. Remember to always cover your washing hand basins and sink with the rubber cover that comes with the drainage system.

My opinion though.

I am a plumber (Been off plumbing for a while now) and your analogy is 100% correct.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Mikkymilli: 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
I get mind. I read this article while sitting on my toilet seat.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by kalvoken(m): 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
saasala:

I am a plumber (Been off plumbing for a while now) and your analogy is 100% correct.

I know plumbing material business

1 Like

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by kalvoken(m): 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

How you corrected him so politely is really commendable!!!

He did his best. No one in his right sense would talk rude to someone who took his time to educate people on something very important. If he had not brought up the idea, I wouldn't have aired my own opinion.

So he still deserves the credit.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by BalogunIdowu(m): 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
kalvoken:

Snake inside toilet System is as a result of broken chamber, pipes or not well covered soak away. If you have a soak away with a good air inlet, no snake can gain access into it not to talk of locating the pipe that leads to your house.

Also some people are fond of not covering their slabs as it was formerly after repair work. This can lead to snakes or other things turning the slab to their home and sometimes paying you a visit inside the house. So after the plumber had done his repairs, make sure he cement the slabs well enough so you won't tell stories that touch the heart.

Also, when running your waste pipe, try and get a thick pipe because rats can easily make hole on a light pipe thereby creating avenue for other creatures to make use of it.

As per the floor drainage filter.that you suggested to be covered with a piece of tiles, if you have done all the aforementioned, I don't think their is need for that. Just avoid removing the filter cover on the drainage system. Many people remove it because they want the waste/bath water to move out faster. It is very dangerous, he that invented it did so for a reason. Remember to always cover your washing hand basins and sink with the rubber cover that comes with the drainage system.

My opinion though.

Wonderful you just added more clarity to the post. No matter how much the snake chases the rat inside the ground, if there is no open access through walls linking to the septic tank, it can possibly get in not to mention trailing the path of air!
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by RealEzee(m): 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

That is why Me dey always flush toilet before i sit down put
I must make sure i flush whether he clean or not i must flush first.

But wait o. Why lay so much emphasis on my snakes? There are other dangerous reptiles. The way when people take dey see snake ehnnn. Snakes nor dey dangerous like that o.
Na beautiful python own dey pain me pass. We too dey kill python
The rate at which we kill them these days, their population will soon be threatened. Lets learn to live peacefully with these beautiful snakes. They don't bite to attack and to defend. They only swallow small animals
If you keep your cool, a human - python cohabitation is very possible.

Even the cobra, black mamba and Taipan that are poisonous only bite to defend
Because i dey reason am why he be say if snake come meet us for house them nor dey harm us. Sometimes self you fit live with snake for two years inside house them nor go do you anything

There is no way you can be bitten by a snake in a residential building
Which means they respect us
So lets learn how to respect them
Please lets learn to live and stay with this beautiful creature called snake
kuku rent and furnish house for them na, get them a chef while you're it too ooo�
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by joinnow: 5:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
kalvoken:

My opinion though.
Sure that chamber.
I had an experience when I had typhoid/ malaria.
I went to a Nurse house for my daily injection
On getting there I was press and the nurse directed me to the BQ I entered the rest room. As I am about to pee I saw short python. The pee go and I zoom off and tell the nurse what I saw. She said i may be hallucinating. So I insisted they pour kerosene into the wc.As soon as they pour the kerosene I ran out to where the chamber was
Kabooms the short python just struggle and came out from the chamber.

I did not go back there to complete my injections.

Point of entery

Chamber

Note those living in or near busy area
Always fumigate
If you have money

Then pour small kerosene into the wc weekly.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
womjomfashion:
cool

Very good write up, really help, that's why most of the time when I'm travelling for few days, what I do is to pour alot of salt in the water closet and cover it.

Even sometimes, when visitors toilet is not used for some weeks that's what I do.

You can do business with us, contact us for your face mask.

Please what does the salt do?
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Advancedman(m): 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
As you know snakes feed mostly on rats and rats are known to burrow or dig holes in the ground. So as Mr.Snake chases after Mr.Rat, Mr.Rat runs into it's hole thinking it is safe but Mr.Snake still continues it's chase after Mr.Rat into Mr.Rat's hole and Mr.Snake might catch Mr.Rat if it's lucky.

If Mr.Snake gets unlucky and Mr.Rat Escapes Mr.Snake would have lost it's way and then tries to find every possible way to get out of the hole and the only way it can do this is to follow the direction air is coming from and unfortunately again, that air is coming from your toilet pipe that is connected to your septic tank under the ground.

The snakes then follows this path and ends up in your toilet.

Is the snake going to dig the sand up to the toilet sink or is it going to make hole in the pipe?
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mikkymilli:
I get mind. I read this article while sitting on my toilet seat.

Make one no go kiss ya lo��
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by SereneTV: 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
kalvoken:

My opinion though.

Correct!
Similar incident happened to us. I was the first to see it although it was already outside the pit but wrapped around the toilet bowl, my mom actually used it without knowing and immediatly I step in I saw it. We later discovered it go in through an exposed chammber. God saved my mum dat day.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by womjomfashion(f): 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
iamloyalty:

Please what does the salt do?

It is just like putting salt on earth warm, so it would scare them away off that place.

And another most effective one is pouring kerosene or petrol inside.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Ebenezer2021(m): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
mofeoluwadassah:
Imagine sitting on one of the W.C without knowing cheesy
na dem.
Awon pall bearers grin
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by tarantino1: 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2020
joinnow:

Sure that chamber.
I had an experience when I had typhoid/ malaria.
I went to a Nurse house for my daily injection
On getting there I was press and the nurse directed me to the BQ I entered the rest room. As I am about to pee I saw short python. The pee go and I zoom off and tell the nurse what I saw. She said i may be hallucinating. So I insisted they pour kerosene into the wc.As soon as they pour the kerosene I ran out to where the chamber was
Kabooms the short python just struggle and came out from the chamber.

I did not go back there to complete my injections.

Point of entery

Chamber

Note those living in or near busy area
Always fumigate
If you have money

Then pour small kerosene into the wc weekly.

Shalom

Complete the story na

Did the kerosene kill it
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by adeniyi65(m): 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
Yustash001:
Interesting..... I can't just imagine myself entering the toilet and seeing that massive creature you posted up there....

The kind race I go pick ehn.....
your sh*t go just vanish for the whole of that day.second day self, fear go dey catch you to go that toilet alone ;d ;d
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by joinnow: 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
tarantino1:

Complete the story na

Did the kerosene kill it

Snakes hates kerosene smell.so it helps chase snakes away.

We killed it.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by gevans(m): 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
rotecch77:

You are right when the suckaway/ septic thanks done in a proper way by professionals but NOT all were constructed with reinforced concrete. Many are still constructed with block,
Mostly water lodge area were constructed with reinforced concrete.
True talk, the Op makes it look like snake can enter all toilet which is not true.
I don't think the article was written by someone in the building and construction industry.

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
womjomfashion:

It is just like putting salt on earth warm, so it would scare them away off that place.

And another most effective one is pouring kerosene or petrol inside.
Tanks.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by HONNESSTY(m): 8:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
kalvoken:

My opinion though.
wow wow u just nailed it brother. Thanks
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by megareal: 8:05pm On Apr 24, 2020
Unfortunately, I read this. I've been sorta scared about finding snakes in my toilet for some days now. I really shouldn't have read this. And that pix just did it for me. cry
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Brian47(m): 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Interesting post
Thanks for sharing
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by SeanPablo(m): 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

But wait o. Why lay so much emphasis on my snakes? There are other dangerous reptiles. The way when people take dey see snake ehnnn. Snakes nor dey dangerous like that o.
The rate at which we kill them these days, their population will soon be threatened. Lets learn to live peacefully with these beautiful snakes. They don't bite to attack and to defend. They only swallow small animals

Because i dey reason am why he be say if snake come meet us for house them nor dey harm us. Sometimes self you fit live with snake for two years inside house them nor go do you anything

Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Drizzy5001(m): 10:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
This shit is scary o, imagine say snake bite ur balls.. aaaah sad na die be that o
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Chronicle222: 11:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
The best alternative thing to do is to try to fumigate ur septic tank and soak away at least once in 2 or 3 months. U can use a simple method of getting SNIPER or d likes. Open it and pour around 2/3 of into ur Wc and the remaining portion into the floor drain. Flush it after around 5 minutes. U will definitely c d results within maximum of 30 minutes. U gonna thank me later
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Viciyke00(m): 3:42am On Apr 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Beautiful creatures?

Wow
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by tomju(m): 9:28am On Apr 25, 2020
Nice on OP. Even viewing the pictures is so scary Gosh.
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by BAMSRAY(m): 11:36am On Apr 25, 2020
SOo scary

See waiting my fellow human beings they chop ,I don't like seeing this creatures atol
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by Chuky7(m): 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
lol nairaland and snakes ehn
Re: This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom by cRobo: 11:45am On May 11, 2020
StarUp:
When a snake tickles Lalasticlala's neck... grin

where do you get these meme from walai

you most be an extrovert

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Coca-cola Does To Your Penis Will Shock You / #NoBraDay Video Of A Busty, Slim Slay Queen With 'Heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter / This May Be The Reason Why Most Men Die Suddenly During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.