Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Should I Yield? Pls Your Advice Is Needed Urgently - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Yield? Pls Your Advice Is Needed Urgently (907 Views)

I Want To Go Azerbaijan (pls Your Views) / Dv Lottery Winners Pls Advice: Is There A Secret For Winning The Visa Lottery / Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Yield? Pls Your Advice Is Needed Urgently by chycin(f): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2007
PLS I WANT TO KNOW IF IT IS ADVISABLE FOR A YOUNG GRADUATE WHO JUST FININSHED SERVING(NYSC) TO LEAVE THE SHORES OF NIGERIA AND TRAVEL TO USA IN SEARCH OF GRENER PASTURES.

I NEED UR ADVICE COS MY SIS IS TRYING TO BRING ME OVER BUT I HAVE NOT GOTTEN A JOB YET AND I MADE A GOOD RESULT (2.1), I REALLY WISHED TO BUILD A CAREER IN NIGERIA, BUT SINCE IVE NOT YET GOTTEN A JOB, SHE IS PLANNING TO BRING ME OVER. SHE ALSO TOLD ME THAT NIGERIAN CERTIFICATES ARE NOT RECOGNISED ABROAD, SO CAN I STILL BE ABLE TO DO MY MASTERS? AND WHAT KIND OF JOB CAN I DO IF I GO OVER?

WHAT DO YOU THINK? I NEED UR ADVICE.
Re: Should I Yield? Pls Your Advice Is Needed Urgently by Vicjustice: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2007
It's not for anyone to advice you on whether to go to the States or stay in Nigeria, i believe it's a personal matter and an individual choice to make. I however wish you the best, whether home or abroad.
Re: Should I Yield? Pls Your Advice Is Needed Urgently by ajadrage: 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2007
Dear Chycin, u in a dilemma allright, but u got to make this decision urself ok. Be honest and do some scale balancing. From where u stand right now, do u believe that u'll get a better deal off the shores of the country?

Theres pros and cons, but finally one gots to supercede the other. It is a great falsehood that u can't do ur masters in a foreign land as Nigerians have been known to do that in various countries, UK, US, France etc.

If u waitin for a job, all the best, but u kinda got an opportunity that millions are yearning for. The world is a global village and whatever u learn anywhere is for your own benefit, and maybe if it was meant to be, one day u'll have reason to come back and apply urself to the betterment of the nation.

But right now love, u gots to make a move and stop procrastinating. To jand or not to jand. Anyway, whatever u choose to do, be sure that it comes from the heart and not what someone tells u so u don't go blaming anybody for dissapointments that u could well handle had u made the decision on your own.

All the best girl, I go dey pray for u.
Re: Should I Yield? Pls Your Advice Is Needed Urgently by rml: 9:02am On Jun 08, 2007
[s]going abroad will afford you the opportunity of getting an overseas postgraduate degree which will give you a better chance if you want to come back to work in Nigeria.

u can also get a commonwealth schorlarship for an overseas postgraduate program through the fed. min. of Educ. Abuja, this will afford u a cost free postgraduate program.

getting an overseas postgraduate degree is another way to get a good job overseas and be integrated into their society. it will also confer on u an automatic student visa. take your chance, sometimes it comes but once
Re: Should I Yield? Pls Your Advice Is Needed Urgently by rml: 9:04am On Jun 08, 2007
going abroad will afford you the opportunity of getting an overseas postgraduate degree which will give you a better chance if you want to come back to work in Nigeria.

u can also get a commonwealth schorlarship for an overseas postgraduate program through the fed. min. of Educ. Abuja, this will afford u a cost free postgraduate program.

getting an overseas postgraduate degree is another way to get a good job overseas and be integrated into their society. it will also confer on u an automatic student visa. take your chance, sometimes it comes but once.
Re: Should I Yield? Pls Your Advice Is Needed Urgently by PapaBrowne(m): 1:54am On Jun 09, 2007
Man, If you get a visa-- Vamooose.
Nigeria is not for Jobseekers.It's for budding entrepreneurs, already made business men, corrupt politicians, bunkerers, traders and area boys.
Loads of Universities in the U.S would accept you for a post graduate degree.
Best wishes

(1) (Reply)

Someone Should Help Me: Please / Can I Be Given Study Visa? / Immigration In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.