Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,600 members, 7,823,609 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican (7731 Views)

Pope Francis Hosts Trans-Women & Eats Lunch With Them At The Vatican (Photos) / Chris Okotie: Social Distancing In Church Is Like Blasphemous Infidelity / Nigerian Catholic Bishops Meet With Pope Francis At The Vatican. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by wickedtuna: 8:28am On May 03, 2020
Babacele:

We know the answers but can't explain to a religionist like you because you can never understand just as it would be difficult explaining the symbology and significance of the last super to the uninitiated. Yes the holy communion ritual where ,each time it is done, body and blood of Christ are taken remains a mystery but a unique symbology of a new covenant . So are many events represented in Christianity. The allegory of the serpent is one of them. Long before Moses or earthly Jesus were born ,the serpent, in many cultures , has been a symbol of wisdom and healing ,the symbol of the holy ghost, of positive and negative, etc
Not until 1st and 2nd BCE did the serpent as the devil entered Jewish scriptures and records . Without symbology and mysticism in Christianity ,there is no Christianity. Christ is the epitome of the two so where did Christ warned you of them?
The bronze serpent employed by Moses seemed against one of the tenets of the commandment if viewed straight like a zombie, but Christ would later employ the significance of that image as a metaphor for man's salvation through him. The question is " why a bronze serpent"?

From your topic and initial post,it is obvious from your outright condemnation of the catholic church and your misinterpretation of the serpent - Christ, statue and the prayer you labelled blasphemous without asking first for clarifications,that you are only interested in your own truth led by your spirit hence our pointing out to you other references in the bible about the serpent that seem to puncture your ignorant stand.

Why did Christ say just like the bronze serpent as did by moses shall he be raised for man's salvation? Your answers are only beating about the bush. That metaphorical mystery can only be understood by a mystic and not some biased religionists.

About Mary ,God Himself is the first to honour her. Second, wasn't Elizabeth filled with the holy spirit when she said in Luke1: 39-56 " to what do I deserve that the mother of my Lord should visit me"? So isn't she mother of God abi Christ is no longer God?
Even when His hour had not reached didn't Mary ,with a special favour from God, bring it forth at that wedding in Canaan? Is the divine intervention power no longer there, folks that go to GOs to intercede for them?
if Catholics are not revering Mary in fulfilment of the divine pronouncement" henceforth all generations shall call me blessed", is it you generations that call Her 'mere envelope' that would have fulfilled that divine utterance?

Only God knows who are truly serving Him.

You fail to mention that Christ's reference of the brazen serpent was an explanation to Nicodemus on how one could be born again and saved from God's wrath. Lets explain further with that.

To understand the basis of the new birth, Jesus says to Nicodemus in John 1:13 it’s spiritual, it happens by the work of the Spirit, it comes like the wind, and you can’t explain it. And after verse 13, he is talking about the basis of the new birth in what the Son of Man has come to do. And what is so incredibly helpful is that in this he also tells Nicodemus how to receive the Spirit’s work of the new birth.

The Basis of the New Birth
Or another way to say it would be that before verse 13 Jesus is talking about the process of the new birth — it’s spiritual, it happens by the work of the Spirit, it comes like the wind, and you can’t explain it. And after verse 13, he is talking about the basis of the new birth in what the Son of Man has come to do. And what is so incredibly helpful is that in this he also tells Nicodemus how to receive the Spirit’s work of the new birth.

Let’s read verse 13. Remember, Jesus has just said in verse 12, “I could give you heavenly explanations, but you can’t receive them.” Then he says, “No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.” In other words, the reason I could give you heavenly explanations is that I have come down from heaven. No man has gone into heaven so that he can do what I do. I was in heaven with the Father, and I have come down. And now I am going tell you what I came to do. And this is the key to answer your question how you can be born again. I will tell you how you can enter the kingdom of heaven (verse 5).

There are more obstacles to your entering the kingdom than merely your need to be born again, Nicodemus. Something has to happen to remove the wrath of God so that he will release the power of the Spirit to cause you to be born again (see John 3:36). That’s what the Son of Man came to do.

Now Jesus picks an analogy to explain what he came to do that Nicodemus would be familiar with, but it is shocking that he would pick it to describe his own work. Let’s read verses 14–15:

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

Comparing himself with a snake is shocking. Let’s go back and read the story that Jesus is referring to (Numbers 21:4–9):

From Mount Hor they set out by the way to the Red Sea, to go around the land of Edom. And the people became impatient on the way. And the people spoke against God and against Moses, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no food and no water, and we loathe this worthless food.” Then the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people, so that many people of Israel died. And the people came to Moses and said, “We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord and against you. Pray to the Lord, that he take away the serpents from us.” So Moses prayed for the people. And the Lord said to Moses, “Make a fiery serpent and set it on a pole, and everyone who is bitten, when he sees it, shall live.” So Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on a pole. And if a serpent bit anyone, he would look at the bronze serpent and live.

“The means God chooses to rescue the people from his own curse is a picture of the curse itself.”

Notice a few things: (1) The serpent on the pole is not preventative. It is for bitten people (verse cool. The poison is in them, and without divine intervention they will die. (2) The snakes in the camp are from the Lord. He sent them (verse 6). The wrath of God is on this people for their sin of ingratitude and murmuring and rebellion. (3) The means God chooses to rescue the people from his own curse is a picture of the curse itself. (4) All they have to do in order to be saved from God’s wrath is look at his provision hanging on a pole.

We know that Jesus read the Old Testament believing that it was all pointing to him. There were pointers and types and foreshadowings everywhere. But we might expect him to skip this one. It is shocking to compare the Son of Man to a snake. But Jesus doesn’t skip this one. He goes out of his way to choose it to help Nicodemus. So he says (verses 14–15),

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

My apologies, had to modify because my screen is faulty and keeps jumbling up my texts.
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by wickedtuna: 8:49am On May 03, 2020
Babacele:

We know the answers but can't explain to a religionist like you because you can never understand just as it would be difficult explaining the symbology and significance of the last super to the uninitiated. Yes the holy communion ritual where ,each time it is done, body and blood of Christ are taken remains a mystery but a unique symbology of a new covenant . So are many events represented in Christianity. The allegory of the serpent is one of them. Long before Moses or earthly Jesus were born ,the serpent, in many cultures , has been a symbol of wisdom and healing ,the symbol of the holy ghost, of positive and negative, etc
Not until 1st and 2nd BCE did the serpent as the devil entered Jewish scriptures and records . Without symbology and mysticism in Christianity ,there is no Christianity. Christ is the epitome of the two so where did Christ warned you of them?
The bronze serpent employed by Moses seemed against one of the tenets of the commandment if viewed straight like a zombie, but Christ would later employ the significance of that image as a metaphor for man's salvation through him. The question is " why a bronze serpent"?

From your topic and initial post,it is obvious from your outright condemnation of the catholic church and your misinterpretation of the serpent - Christ, statue and the prayer you labelled blasphemous without asking first for clarifications,that you are only interested in your own truth led by your spirit hence our pointing out to you other references in the bible about the serpent that seem to puncture your ignorant stand.

Why did Christ say just like the bronze serpent as did by moses shall he be raised for man's salvation? Your answers are only beating about the bush. That metaphorical mystery can only be understood by a mystic and not some biased religionists.

About Mary ,God Himself is the first to honour her. Second, wasn't Elizabeth filled with the holy spirit when she said in Luke1: 39-56 " to what do I deserve that the mother of my Lord should visit me"? So isn't she mother of God abi Christ is no longer God?
Even when His hour had not reached didn't Mary ,with a special favour from God, bring it forth at that wedding in Canaan? Is the divine intervention power no longer there, folks that go to GOs to intercede for them?
if Catholics are not revering Mary in fulfilment of the divine pronouncement" henceforth all generations shall call me blessed", is it you generations that call Her 'mere envelope' that would have fulfilled that divine utterance?

Only God knows who are truly serving Him.

The Bible is clear that Mary’s unique position as the mother of Jesus did not give her any more access to God than another believer in Christ is given. Therefore, Mary is not worthy of receiving prayers from Christians. Jesus addressed this in Luke 11 by emphasizing that it’s more blessed to be a follower of Christ than to be the mother of Christ.

Christians have always been amazed and interested in Mary, the mother of Jesus. This is understandable because her role in God’s redemption plan is unlike that of anyone else. She carried the Son of God in her womb, gave birth to him, nursed him as an infant, and (with her husband, Joseph) nurtured him through his childhood.

Mary is worthy of admiration due to her selflessness, courage, and faith in God. Especially in her time, to be unwed and pregnant was extremely shameful and sometimes even resulted in serious punishment. Yet she faithful fully obeyed when God called her. Her response to the angel’s announcement was to rejoice in song – “My soul glorifies the Lord” (Luke 1:46-55).

Yet for all this, the Bible is clear that Mary’s unique position did not in any way give her special access to God.

In Luke 11, Jesus freed an afflicted man by driving out the demon that made him mute. Once Jesus cast the demon away, the man could speak again, and the watching crowd was amazed (Luke 11:14). Some of the crowd questioned Jesus, even suggesting Jesus was operating by power of Satan. As Jesus then started to preach to the crowd, a woman called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you!” (Luke 11:27). Jesus replied to her, ammending, not scolding, saying, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it” (Luke 11:28).
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by sonmvayina(m): 4:11pm On May 04, 2020
topstone4:

Those who died in Christ only died in the flesh; they are alive in the Spirit. Snap out of your ignorance. The scripture as we know it today is a compilation of few of the books written during Bible time. This is a truth

So how does your response correlate mine?
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by topstone4: 5:05pm On May 04, 2020
sonmvayina:

So how does your response correlate mine?
Attempt reading between the lines and you will understand better.
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by Babacele: 2:15am On May 06, 2020
wickedtuna:
The Bible is clear that Mary’s unique position as the mother of Jesus did not give her any more access to God than another believer in Christ is given. Therefore, Mary is not worthy of receiving prayers from Christians. Jesus addressed this in Luke 11 by emphasizing that it’s more blessed to be a follower of Christ than to be the mother of Christ.

Christians have always been amazed and interested in Mary, the mother of Jesus. This is understandable because her role in God’s redemption plan is unlike that of anyone else. She carried the Son of God in her womb, gave birth to him, nursed him as an infant, and (with her husband, Joseph) nurtured him through his childhood.

Mary is worthy of admiration due to her selflessness, courage, and faith in God. Especially in her time, to be unwed and pregnant was extremely shameful and sometimes even resulted in serious punishment. Yet she faithful fully obeyed when God called her. Her response to the angel’s announcement was to rejoice in song – “My soul glorifies the Lord” (Luke 1:46-55).

Yet for all this, the Bible is clear that Mary’s unique position did not in any way give her special access to God.

In Luke 11, Jesus freed an afflicted man by driving out the demon that made him mute. Once Jesus cast the demon away, the man could speak again, and the watching crowd was amazed (Luke 11:14). Some of the crowd questioned Jesus, even suggesting Jesus was operating by power of Satan. As Jesus then started to preach to the crowd, a woman called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you!” (Luke 11:27). Jesus replied to her, ammending, not scolding, saying, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it” (Luke 11:28).
To whom was the prayer addressed at the wedding in Canaan ;even when Jesus hour hadn't come? Mary's special relationship with God and her intercessory role breaks divine protocols hence God made Jesus hour come even when it wasn't time yet!

Like all holy people who can intercede for us sinners, Mary most holy still has that power. for holy people don't die in the spiritual sense or from where did Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus if they had died spiritually?

In the book of Revelation, John
sees that “the twenty-four elders [the leaders of
the people of God in heaven] fell down before
the Lamb, each holding a harp, and with golden
bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of
the saints” (Rev. 5:cool. Thus the saints in heaven
offer to God the prayers of the saints on earth.
Angels do the same thing: “[An] angel came and
stood at the altar [in heaven] with a golden
censer; and he was given much incense to
mingle with the prayers of all the saints upon the
golden altar before the throne; and the smoke of
the incense rose with the prayers of the saints
from the hand of the angel before God” (Rev.
8:3–4). Isn't Mary more than a saint?

It was Mary's acceptance of God's democratic request to come to earth through the logos by her saying" be it done to me according to Thy will" that gave us the second chance for redemption after the fall in the garden of Eden. Mary's trust and faith in God was awesome, grand and unflinching. And no wonder she is blessed among women,and all generation shall call her blessed and honor her despite some academic efforts in futility to address her as' mere envelope'. From conception to the day of Pentecost she was there to nurture the Christ and the disciples. Christ occasional reactions whenever the biased Pharisees and Sadducees made allusions to his mother or family was to teach them the universality and the importance of the outreach of His messages irrespective of tongue,blood ties ,creed or class but not to disrespect or diminish Mary 's divine uniqueness for Christ know their intention was to limit and belittle His messianic role.

1 Like

Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by sonmvayina(m): 3:34pm On May 07, 2020
topstone4:

Attempt reading between the lines and you will understand better.
so what is the difference between those who died in christ and those that do not?
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by topstone4: 3:52pm On May 07, 2020
sonmvayina:
so what is the difference between those who died in christ and those that do not?
Your Bible should be able to give you answers to that question; that is, if you have one.
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by sonmvayina(m): 3:55pm On May 07, 2020
topstone4:

Your Bible should be able to give you answers to that question; that is, if you have one.

i only have the old testament...i dont have the new testament as i consider it roman propaganda..
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by hsks(m): 5:30pm On May 07, 2020
Sir there are lot of pagan practice they do unknowingly it is written my people perish because of lack of knowledge.
WhatsApp me for more details Catholics or not about the truth and verses of the Bible with end time prophecies
+2348107038224

Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by jcross19: 7:16pm On May 07, 2020
MrSly:
This is why you are still looking for job. You leave what concerns you for what is not your business. If you are not a Catholic what is your business with their faith?
Their faith is against the principals of Christianity!!!.
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by topstone4: 8:38pm On May 07, 2020
sonmvayina:

i only have the old testament...i dont have the new testament as i consider it roman propaganda..

No, it is not
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by MrSly(m): 7:21am On May 08, 2020
jcross19:
Their faith is against the principals of Christianity!!!.
Elaborate the reasons for your assertion.
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by sonmvayina(m): 1:02pm On May 08, 2020
topstone4:

No, it is not

So what is the purpose for it?..I have read the entire old testament,I have not come accross anywhere God said he was going to impregnate another man's wife in other to have a son that would serve as a sacrifice for Sin...

So I don't see any need for any Jesus or the new testament..

Prove me wrong..
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by topstone4: 1:09pm On May 08, 2020
sonmvayina:

So what is the purpose for it?..I have read the entire old testament,I have not come accross anywhere God said he was going to impregnate another man's wife in other to have a son that would serve as a sacrifice for Sin...

So I don't see any need for any Jesus or the new testament..

Prove me wrong..

You don't need to lie that you have read all the old testament because you want to win an argument and make yourself look right.

If you had really read the old testament and not deceive yourself about your claim, you would have seen references to Jesus there.

Whatever you want to believe, go ahead and belive it. I won't stress myself proving anything to you. I don't owe you any proof.
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by jcross19: 1:32pm On May 08, 2020
MrSly:

Elaborate the reasons for your assertion.
Teaching of mother of God indirectly they are teaching that God copulated with Mary, That Mary is a queen of heaven was a idol in book of revelation and book Jeremiah. mandatory celibacy to be a priest is evil in the book of 1timothy4:1-3. you will understand.

1 Like

Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by sonmvayina(m): 2:06pm On May 08, 2020
topstone4:

You don't need to lie that you have read all the old testament because you want to win an argument and make yourself look right.

If you had really read the old testament and not deceive yourself about your claim, you would have seen references to Jesus there.

Whatever you want to believe, go ahead and belive it. I won't stress myself proving anything to you. I don't owe you any proof.

So why did you not provide one of the reference?
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by MrSly(m): 4:51pm On May 08, 2020
jcross19:
Teaching of mother of God indirectly they are teaching that God copulated with Mary, That Mary is a queen of heaven was a idol in book of revelation and book Jeremiah. mandatory celibacy to be a priest is evil in the book of 1timothy4:1-3. you will understand.
Jesus! When on earth did you get this from? When on earth will you make worshiping God a personal business and stop playing polices with what you did not understand?
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by oluwaahmed: 7:11pm On May 08, 2020
Even as a catholic I found it hard saying "Mary mother of God". I feel that is the height of blasphemy. Saying Mary is the mother of God is saying God is below a woman or was created by a woman! So many shady things in Catholic

1 Like

Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by providence338: 8:28pm On May 08, 2020
wickedtuna:
I'm not condemning catholics as i was born into one but it is quite obvious that the devil has for long infiltrated that doctrine and so many others.

Correct, brother. Except, I would add that the devil didn't "infiltrate" the Catholic Church, rather he ESTABLISHED it. The RCC is simply a continuation from mystery Babylon from the days of Nimrod in Sumer. Nimrod was the first nwo antichrist.
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by providence338: 10:30pm On May 08, 2020
wickedtuna:
You haven't made any point really. Every architectural structure serves a purpose, either functional or aesthetic and in most cases serves both. What then is the purpose of the building and its interior resemblance to that of a snake? And at base where the pope seat is a copper sculpture of Christ supposedly rising from a nuclear apocalypse with half his head like that of a snake. You can choose what you believe but the truth will always be visible for us to reason.

Are you sure that pic isn't photoshopped? Of so-called christ coming out of a GOAT HEAD? If so, waoh! shocked

That's clearly the antichrist coming out of baphomet, the goat representation of satan.

In front of the pope, no less. Go figure...
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by wickedtuna: 10:35pm On May 08, 2020
providence338:

Are you sure that pic isn't photoshopped? Of so-called christ coming out of a GOAT HEAD? If so, waoh! shocked

That's clearly the antichrist coming out of baphomet, the goat representation of satan.

In front of the pope, no less. Go figure...
No it is not a photoshopped image. It is a copper sculptor and it is said to represent christ rising from a nuclear apocalypse.

By mirroring the image, it gives the complete goat head. But the original image appears to show the half of the goat and another half of Jesus with half a serpents head.
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by providence338: 10:43pm On May 08, 2020
oluwaahmed:
Even as a catholic I found it hard saying "Mary mother of God". I feel that is the height of blasphemy. Saying Mary is the mother of God is saying God is below a woman or was created by a woman! So many shady things in Catholic

Exactly...

Keep going...you're getting there...
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by providence338: 11:16pm On May 08, 2020
My relationship with my best friend ended a few years ago. She was a staunch Catholic. Our breakup was inevitable -- I saw it coming. There was no way my growing zeal in Yahshua (Jesus) would permit us to continue our friendship.

She did NOT know (nor read) the Bible. Therefore she didn't understand the prophetic times we're in. That's when our paths began to diverge...regarding PROPHECY. Neither did she understand my prophetic dreams, esp of the end times. Rather she would laugh and scoff at them. She complained all day of certain problems affecting our people, nation, country, continent, world, etc. But she didn't understand prophecy, nor discern the signs of the times.

She barely knew the catechisms (which contradict the Bible). This is when I began to understand the Catholic doctrine is mandated by catechisms, NOT the Bible. When I asked her about them she would get very defensive. Needless to say, it didn't take long for things to get awkward, and now we don't talk.

When I asked God about her, He told me "A SEPARATION IS TAKING PLACE". This was back in 2016.

I don't bash or hate Catholics. My former friend loves God. At least who she thinks is God. All I'm going to do is simply hold up their mandate...the catechisms. I'll let it speak for itself. Its up to the believer if they choose to follow the CATECHISM? or the HOLY SCRIPTURES....
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by providence338: 11:51pm On May 08, 2020
1. The RC catechism regarding salvation and purgatory: Catechism 1030

All who die in God‟s grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said to him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.” 

(No purgatory needed.)

2. The roman catholic catechism on Mary being sinless: Catechism 411

preserved free from all stain of original sin" (966)
. . . was redeemed from the moment of her conception. Preserved immune from all stain of original sin. (491)
. . .enriched from the first instant of her conception. (492)
. . .free from any stain of sin, as though fashioned by the Holy Spirit and formed as a new creature. (493)
.... exalted by the Lord as Queen over all things (969)
She was preserved from all stain of original sin [/b]and by a special grace of God [b]committed no sin of any kind during her whole earthly live.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Luke 1:46-47 Then Mary said: “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!"

3) The roman catholic catechism says this about Mary helping in salvation:

Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation, therefore the Blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix." (969)

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name (speaking of Jesus, see v. 10) under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. 

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

4) Roman Catholics believe Muslims are saved going to heaven: Catechism 841

The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."

John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

5. Roman Catholics don't believe the Word of God is Sufficient

This catechism aims at presenting an organic synthesis of the essential and fundamental contents of Catholic doctrine, as regards both faith and morals, in the light of the Second Vatican Council and the whole of the Church‟s Tradition. Its principal sources are the Sacred Scriptures, the Fathers of the Church, the liturgy, and the Church’s Magisterium. (11)

[i]Sacred Scripture is written principally in the Church‟s heart rather than in documents and records. (113)
[/I]

2 Tim 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Tim 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 4:4 It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by topstone4: 12:42am On May 09, 2020
sonmvayina:

So why did you not provide one of the reference?

Because I don't care what you believe or what you disbelieve. Whatever you do with your brain is your choice
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by providence338: 12:44am On May 09, 2020
#6 The pope is God on earth and infallible

The successor of St. Peter as Bishop of Rome and Supreme Pontiff of the universal Catholic Church. The pope exercises a primacy of authority as Vicar of Christ and shepherd of the whole Church; he receives the divine assistance promised by Christ to the Church when he defines infallibly a doctrine of faith or morals. (Catechism of the Catholic Church; Glossary.)

Vicar = earthly representation of Christ.

The Pope is also referred to as the Holy Father. This is blasphemy for God is the Holy Father!

Rev 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest

Matt 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Matthew 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

* Only the pope can interpret the Bible (100)

The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the Magisterium of the Church, that is, to the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him. 

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.

John 16:13 However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come.

* The pope has "full, supreme, and universal power over the whole church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered." (882)

Ephesians 5:23  For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Colossians 1:18 Jesus is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

* The pope enjoys "supreme, full, immediate, and universal power in the care of souls" (937)

Ephesians 5:24: Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

* The Roman Pontiff [i.e., the Pope] ... enjoys this infallibility [i.e., the infallibility of Christ mentioned in #890] in virtue of his office...This infallibility extends as far as the deposit of divine Revelation itself. (891)

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by providence338: 2:52am On May 09, 2020
#7 Catechism teaches confession before a priest

Disclosure or confession of sins to a priest is...essential...By the priest‟s sacramental absolution God grants the penitent "pardon and peace." (1424)

Confession to a priest is an essential [/b]part of the sacrament of Penance. (1456)

One who desires to obtain reconciliation with God and with the Church, [b]must confess to a priest.
(1493)

The bishop and his priests forgives sins in the name of Jesus Christ. (1448)

Only priests ... can forgive sins in the name of Christ. (1495)

1 Timothy 2:5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Psalms 32:5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

#8 Catechism teaches the bread and wine actually turns into Christ's body, they worship it and they teach it forgives sin.

It is by the conversion of the bread and wine into Christ’s body and blood that Christ becomes present in this sacrament. (1375)

Holy Communion separates us from sin. The body of Christ we receive in Holy Communion is "given up for us," and the blood we drink "shed for the many for the forgiveness of sins." For this reason the Eucharist cannot unite us to Christ without at the same time cleansing us from past sins and preserving us from future sins. (1393)

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Revelation 1:5 from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood

#9 Catechism teaches baptism saves you.

Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit, and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word." (1213)

Baptism is a bath that purifies, justifies, and sanctifies. (1227)

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Hebrews 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Hebrews 9:13, 14 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

* The Church and the parents would deny a child the priceless grace of becoming a child of God were they not to confer Baptism shortly after birth. (1250)

Gods Word doesn't support this false teaching at all. Baptism is a symbol, NOT ”the” salvation.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest [i.e. be baptized]. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by providence338: 5:16am On May 09, 2020
SOURCES FROM FORMER LITURGICAL CATHOLICS:

https://www.dontperish.com/gods-word-vs-unbiblical-roman-catholic-catechism.html

https://www.remnantofgod.org/ccd.htm

My former friend strongly dislikes Muslims. I simply pointed out Catechism 841. The RCC mandate sanctions Islam.

She says Mary isn't worshipped. I pointed out Catechism 969. The RCC mandate lauds Mary (not Yahshua) with titles such as the "Advocate", "Helper", "Benefactress", and "Mediatrix"....she...NOT CHRIST... by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation…

She denied the pope was infallible. He's just a man. I pointed out Catechisms 100, 890 and 891. I said nope. According to the RCC mandate, you're too stupid (I didn't use that exact word lol) to be like a Berean and study the word for yourself, trusting the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you into all truth just as God promised (John 16:13). Instead you're encouraged to blindly trust another (fallible) man's interpretation of the Holy Scriptures catechisms...steering you away from reading God's Word for yourself.

No wonder when we did a short Bible study, she didn't know the difference between the gospel of John and 1st John! shocked They're inundated with worthless doctrines of men (catechisms). If they actually read the Bible cover-to-cover for themselves, they would know the catechisms directly contradict the Holy Scriptures they claim to follow.

I can go on and on. I won't go into how the RCC is the church of the new world order. I won't go into how the pope is the false prophet. I won't go into how the RCC is the beast of the earth in Rev 13, and will enforce the mark of the beast. Another post, another day....
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by providence338: 6:28am On May 09, 2020
The RCC is merely an extension of Nimrod-Semiramis-Tammuz worship (original Babylonian worship).
Anu, Inanna, Enki (Sumer)
Osiris, Isis, Horus worship (Kemet)
El, Asherah and Baal (Caanan)
Zeus, Athena, Apollo (Greece)
Odin, Freyer, Thor (Norse)
Brahma, Vishna, Shiva (India)

etc, etc.

Marian worship is a modern version of all the female deities listed above. She was Semiramis at the tower of Babel. Inanna in Sumeria. Isis in KMT. Asherah in Canaan. Athena in Greece and Diana in Rome. Different region, different period, different name. She's the queen of heaven spoken of in Jeremiah.

It would take countless posts to explain how Vatican City is the small horn spoken of in Daniel. How the RCC is what the Bible calls the "LovePeddler" or false church. This will be the sole one world church in the end times -- for those paying attention you can see them promoting it right now. Every unclean doctrine comes from this church. Even Islam, the RCC created it, where do you think muslim prayer beads came from? That's why she (the RCC) is called a "LovePeddler" and the false churches she's spun off are called "harlots". Yes, even the protestant churches we see today, a la Martin Luther. The protestant churches kept much of the false practices the RCC gave her, like Sunday worship, easter (Ishtar) and christmas (Nimrod's birthday). These were and are not sanctioned by the Bible although the protestant church likes to tout them as such. They got these from the RCC they spun off from.

This can all easily be verified by anyone who has a zeal and hunger for TRUTH.

Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by sonmvayina(m): 11:05am On May 11, 2020
topstone4:

Because I don't care what you believe or what you disbelieve. Whatever you do with your brain is your choice

Ok...so why comment?
Re: Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican by topstone4: 1:16pm On May 11, 2020
sonmvayina:

Ok...so why comment?

You quoted me first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

God's Generals Of Nigeria / Lean On Me: Kapital FM Abuja (True Life Story of Joseph Terry) / Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.