Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday (111878 Views)

'COVID-19: Governors Received N1bn Each From Buhari, N1.1bn From World Bank' / COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses / Full Text: President Buhari's Address On COVID-19 Lockdown On 27th April, 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by gbasquare: 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2020
Charmingrascal:
I don't think there is an end in sight to this epidemic, the World will only get use to it, we will start taking other precautionary methods like wearing of face masks and hand gloves to enable us continue our daily activities and businesses.

We can't be on lockdown forever, people are starving. I have no dime with me and no food stuff. I pity those who are poorer than me at this moment.
How will they live? How will they survive?
Many people working with private firms won't be paid their salaries this month, many of them have family.

God please have mercy.

Thank you my brother. Help us tell those who are receiving free salaries in the house. National reserve will soon be exhausted. I wonder who they will fall back to.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by BOOZELEE: 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2020
Sufisunni:
good point if implemented

Yeah.some will oppose and sore will agree.

The truth is that the black man can be very lazy to think his way out of a difficult situation,always waiting for a white man to think for him.

We are not ready for online teaching..we can think our way out off this situation by making strict laws that will help our kids go back to school sooner than later.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by apex5891: 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2020
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by Perfecttouchade: 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2020
BOOZELEE:
The Lockdown should continue but they should let children go back to school since the disease hardly kill children.
and says who? Do u think children can't carry the virus to their homes and their parents get infected? It's only stupid parent that will allow their children back to school at this moment..this your comment funny o

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by MyMouth(m): 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
We should stop all these copy copy already! angry Lets get a solution that sults our own peculiar situation and environment. It is obvious the lockdown is not working and it has brought about untold hardship on the people. I think a better option now is the composary use of facemask and hand gloves as well as physical distancing. And then, let there be enhance testing. With these, we can reduce the spread of the virus as well as jobs for many in the textile sector of the economy as well as those in manufacturing of soaps, and sanitizers. Let the lockdown be lifted abeg. I know those that are working in the public sector would not like it because they feel they are enjoying staying at home and being paid there salaries unlike those in the private sector. They forget that, if these lockdowns continues, there would come a time the government would be so broke, they will be asked to collect reduced salaries or sacrifice there salaries. Some states have even started. Most of those saying the lockdown should countine are civil servants. Bunch of selfish lots!

4 Likes

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by ALABACONNECT(m): 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
dederocs:

crime and violence will spiral, people will run out of cash in atm cards, they and their dependents will go hungry, people will start acting like animals...it will be worse than Corona
Even close to a zombie invasion sad. At that point, our sanity will be tested and many will fail. Then there will be mass looting. The thing is, if there is money to go round per week they add, it will go a long way to keeping people calm but like you rightly said, it will "rape" the economy. Great emphasis on rape

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
what had the lockdown accomplished?
Cases still rising, total rubbish.
Let them lockdown till 2025, idiots.
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by MrBONE2(m): 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
dokie:

Yes, It hardly kills kids. But a child with covid will easily transmit it to his/her parents, grandparents, and other relatives who are within the vulnerable spectrum.

As a matter of fact, even when the lockdown has been relaxed, kids will most likely not be allowed to go back to school until a vaccine shows up. And if perchance the govt opens schools up b4 a vaccine , most parents won't send their kids. I won't send mine.

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by OCHKESTINE(m): 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2020
BOOZELEE:
The Lockdown should continue but they should let children go back to school since the disease hardly kill children.

I don't want to believe u said this!.
"It hardly kill children". Are they immune to the virus. And u didn't think they will bring it home and infection their parents?
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by iswallker(m): 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2020
Hunt27:
You can't compare how they will handle theirs to ours

How will you handle yours - are you not humans like them... undecided
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by dederocs(m): 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
I live in Lagos. Your point is valid and I see sense in every word said. Hunger, anger and crime will rip the economy in half. Point is, I was stating the obvious on the two sides of the coin. It's left for them to pick the better half. My take
I think the better half is encouraging masks wearing or pay fine, if people see that they are fined 5k while mask is N300, they will buy mask...also Lagos state local councils will send officials to regulate markets and ensure there is no crowding, and everyone coming in wears face mask, bank, offices can do same. Danfo and molue can be banned for now, people can use their own bikes and bicycles to move as well as cars, companies too will convey their staff, and government can deploy mass transit bus systems that can be regulated into Lagos transport system, schools, events and gatherings can still be closed for now. Lagos state has better and bigger isolation centres now, better prepared to cater for the sick, and the vaccine is being administered in the UK now, we need to run our economy to make money to buy the vaccines. Our economy is our life, we are smart people, we can not let a virus halt our existence, but we must find solutions to work around it...we are smart people, we find solutions. Those that want to stay inside can stay, let our economy thrive. Eko' Onibaje oo

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 25, 2020
BOOZELEE:
I for insult you say you mumu but I dey fast, I no go insult you.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by gbasquare: 1:41pm On Apr 25, 2020
If interstate movements are restricted, how do some of us who were caught up in the lockdown return to our places of abode? NGF, please think before you talk...
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by Perfecttouchade: 1:42pm On Apr 25, 2020
Elzakzaky:
I can bet my blokos that you are a youth who dont have a child.
honestly, I don't know where he got his facts about kids not being prone to infection of the virus, some kids already lost their lives in the U.S , the dude needs to watch CNN for news and not NTA
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by Perfecttouchade: 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
OCHKESTINE:

I don't want to believe u said this!.
"It hardly kill children". Are they immune to the virus. And u didn't think they will bring it home and infection their parents?
he needs to stop watching NTA and start watching international news channels like CNN, BBC...
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
It is not animals that marries, they only mate ceaselessly. It is humans that get married with sense of love, heart-to-heart communication, oneness of mind and vision, sexual attraction, working chemistry, positive energy, immunity strength, and problem solving and disaster management. The same humans with such qualities are made up of a nation, and runs the affairs with them, and are in no doubt fit to stand the test of times. Meaning "marriage and nation" are identical.

If false marriage cannot stand the test of time, so is the false nation. If casting pearls on false marriage are wastes, so is the false nation. If the peace of a false marriage is non-negotiable, so is the false nation. CAST THE BEST LOCAL, INT'L AND HISTORIC PEARLS ON NIGERIA, THEY WILL YIELD NO RESULT.

To conclude the matter, it is so clear...

Note: Unless Nigeria is a wild life zone where the colonial tourists comes to make sport and mockery of her, no shit! That's a code name for shithole. Mating ceaselessly like animals...
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by Rapmoney(m): 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
Hunt27:

If you want to continue with your own personal lockdown, you're free.

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by AureliusWolf: 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
BOOZELEE:
What a tragically dull comment grin

Where do you guys come from and how do you have access to the internet
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by tete7000(m): 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2020
LordviccoDaGuru:
The whole thing is not working is better to lift the lockdown

Nothing works in this clime. We are too disorganized and disoriented to make anything work. The governors don't have a choice as they are not capable of providing stimuli to make people stay at home. They talk of compulsory use of face mask as if they are ready to provide for everyone. Do they think everyone can afford face mask? Will Nigerians in their lackadaisical manner even obey? It is better, they open and let us go out. Those who will die will die and those who are destined to survive will live. No be today people don dey die, life has lost meaning to us here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by Radicalman(m): 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2020
I believe that there is sense on what the governors said

Let inter state movement and large gathering remain while other things move abeg cool
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by Lighero(m): 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2020
Sense is lacking here. Act with sense. Lifting the lockdown is not the right action now. Be wise..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by dederocs(m): 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
Even close to a zombie invasion sad. At that point, our sanity will be tested and many will fail. Then there will be mass looting. The thing is, if there is money to go round per week they add, it will go a long way to keeping people calm but like you rightly said, it will "rape" the economy. Great emphasis on rape
you get the point, so many people are weak, and so many youths are into drugs, self control is weak...this is something government must avoid.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by Chuzoetoh(m): 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
BOOZELEE:

Guy.The virus hardly kill children.The lockdown is necessary for now. So govt should open bus parks, clubs and churches so bill gates wifez prophesy will come tru and u will come online to blame buhari baa?
guy you yarn nonsense in ur first post, I was thinking it's a mistake, you come d second time dey defend ur nonsense, seriously na so ur brain reach? It hardly kills children smh. And you even get mind to dey bash people wey pointed out ur nonsense to you.
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by dederocs(m): 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
Lighero:
Sense is lacking here. Act with sense. Lifting the lockdown is not the right action now. Be wise..
Do you live in Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by Alamu1111: 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
Nice one
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by Lighero(m): 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
Radicalman:
I believe that there is sense on what the governors said

Let inter state movement and large gathering remain while other things move abeg cool
once people are able to move freely you think the interstate lockdown will work. Meen think about it properly. There are many routes out of a city.
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by BOOZELEE: 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
gotnel:

Noo, if the disease don't kill children, how about the children contracting it and take it to their parents and grandparents?

With the right law they wont conract it in school and wont pass it in school.
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by ALABACONNECT(m): 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
dederocs:

I think the better half is encouraging masks wearing or pay fine, if people see that they are fined 5k while mask is N300, they will buy mask...also Lagos state local councils will send officials to regulate markets and ensure there is no crowding, and everyone coming in wears face mask, bank, offices can do same. Danfo and molue can be banned for now, people can use their own bikes and bicycles to move as well as cars, companies too will convey their staff, and government can deploy mass transit bus systems that can be regulated into Lagos. Our economy is our life, we are smart people, we can not let a virus halt our existence, but we must find solutions to work around it...we are smart people, we find solutions. Eko' Onibaje oo
the part about the nose mask and the fine is very much okay. I find slight issue when you talk about the ban on public buses. It will allow for a hike in cab prices and it might seem to favor only some selected few but since it's for a short while, your opinion on this is workable. Cheers
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by santakris(m): 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
BOOZELEE:

I am sure you own a private school and you have gone broke.
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by Oblitz(m): 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
BOOZELEE:

The children would take it home and kill their patents
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by dederocs(m): 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
tete7000:

Nothing works in this clime. We are too disorganized and disoriented to make anything work. The governors don't have a choice as they are not capable of providing stimuli to make people stay at home. They talk of compulsory use of face mask as if they are ready to provide for everyone. Do they think everyone can afford face mask? Will Nigerians in their lackadaisical manner even obey? It is better, they open and let us go out. Those who will die will die and those who are destined to survive will live. No be today people don dey die, life has lost meaning to us here.
its cheaper to share facemasks than to shut down the economy...when the hunger bites too hard, people will go crazy, do not pray it gets to that...do you know 70% of Lagosians are dying of hunger as we speak, the palliatives did not go round.
Re: Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday by SenecaTheYonger: 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
Hunt27:

Numbers have been increasing since one month lockdown.

What do you think will happen with 5 months of lockdown?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How Buhari, Osinbajo Now Greet In Aso Rock (photos) / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff / President Buhari Meets With Donald Trump At The Oval Office. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.