Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1090323 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 1:18am On Jul 29, 2020
That seems to be an easier way to go smiley

toyclicks:
When you mean top up, I guess you mean toppping up school deposit cos even if you top up your bank account, you might need to start counting all over again from your day of top up (from my own understanding though)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 1:22am On Jul 29, 2020
There really isn't any discrepancy, it is very clear.

I tried to answer it, hopefully it helps, if not ..others will jump in

bayosegun:

This should be well treated to clear confusion. Gurus already in UK should come out and clear this discrepancy of statement of account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:33am On Jul 29, 2020
It depends on the school. Deposit payment, offer conditions and tuition instalments differ from school to school. Most schools require 50% tuition payment before registration though.
quille11:
Hello guys,

Is it true that some schools accept 2k deposit before issuing CAS and after which they work out a flexible payment plan of up to 5 -6 months especially for masters programs of like 1 year?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:41am On Jul 29, 2020
Do you have any experience in healthcare? Most of the healthcare management jobs I've come across prefer people who already have some experience in healthcare/clinical settings.
Someone in healthcare might be able to point you to those management jobs that don't require prior clinical experience though.
Tadebisi:
@mimilirics and all, please what’s the job prospect of healthcare management? I looked into the course and it looks like what a management student can apply for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:45am On Jul 29, 2020
Ologtheo:
Good evening.
Please can a fixed deposit bank certificate be submitted instead of account bank statement at the school and embassy.
Thanks for your responses.
See quoted response below
mimilyrics:
I would suggest that you liquidate the fixed deposit and put it in a regular current or savings account.

Prior to 2016 when the guidance changed, certificates of deposit were acceptable in the prescribed manner (must not be frozen or inaccessible) as long as they were issued within 31 days of your application and covering the 28 days preceeding your online application.

Now the guidance does not explicitly mention fixed deposits and the areas of the guidance that imply it can be interpreted either way by the ECO.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bisi16(m): 2:56am On Jul 29, 2020
Hey people.

I got my cas Monday evening, completed my application and booked appointment by Tuesday afternoon. Your best bet is to pay IHS from Uk if u have anyone who can help, then u pay visa fee with your card. Mine went smoothly I must say. I also got an earlier appointment date. Lucky me.

Good luck everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 6:02am On Jul 29, 2020
cdaniel:
Hallo, thanks for the advice. In my case, I never struggled with booking an appointment, i just tried it last night and the earliest date I got was 25th August. Is it possible to amend the date and see if I could get something earlier than 25th?

It is possible to ammend the date. But you might have to pay another appointment fee then you are not very certain you would get an earlier appointment. Someone got August 6th 2 days ago, another got August 28th.

I would rather you stayed with your 25th August, these are not normal times. Good Luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Iyanu6000: 6:12am On Jul 29, 2020
Good Morning,

I need your guidelines please, so I am 27 years old, I have my first degree in Agric Economics.
I would like to go for a second degree in Nursing, my dad is willing to sponsor me, however I keep seeing schools asking for UCAS points, I really don’t understand, I just booked for IELTS so I get that part, I don’t understand the UCAS part.

I have read online too, I am seeing A Levels...what I have is just WAEC

Please can someone be kind enough to assist me to explain.

I will appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 6:23am On Jul 29, 2020
cdaniel:
Hallo, thanks for the advice. In my case, I never struggled with booking an appointment, i just tried it last night and the earliest date I got was 25th August. Is it possible to amend the date and see if I could get something earlier than 25th?

Please how did you make visa application and IHS payment..which bank card?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 7:07am On Jul 29, 2020
Hi,

Apply directly to the school rather than through UCAS so you don't get things mixed up

Cheers

Iyanu6000:
Good Morning,

I need your guidelines please, so I am 27 years old, I have my first degree in Agric Economics.
I would like to go for a second degree in Nursing, my dad is willing to sponsor me, however I keep seeing schools asking for UCAS points, I really don’t understand, I just booked for IELTS so I get that part, I don’t understand the UCAS part.

I will appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Iyanu6000: 7:32am On Jul 29, 2020
Thank you but one of the requirements of the school is UCAS should be 120 points.

duchess90:
Hi,

Apply directly to the school rather than through UCAS so you don't get things mixed up

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mindlog: 7:33am On Jul 29, 2020
Iyanu6000:
Thank you but one of the requirements of the school is UCAS should be 120 points.

For Postgraduate studies?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 7:52am On Jul 29, 2020
What school please? You are still using the UCAS system. Apply directly or send an email to the school and request the link for direct application.

UCAS system is best known for undergraduate application service and easier if you did your college in the UK, it helps track results and matching same with Universities and choices etc ..

Request for a link through your prospective schools admission office.

Cheers

Iyanu6000:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by atoeosato: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2020
My Ables,
Oanda exchange rate is fast approaching 500. Please, for some of us with 28days already running with an estimated rate of 500, what do we do if paradventure the rate swings more than in days ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sunshine21: 8:16am On Jul 29, 2020
Has anyone heading to Bournemouth University this September received their CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 8:18am On Jul 29, 2020
atoeosato:
My Ables,
Oanda exchange rate is fast approaching 500. Please, for some of us with 28days already running with an estimated rate of 500, what do we do if paradventure the rate swings more than in days ?

Exchange rate now over #500. What to do had been explained yesterday “make more deposit to your school if you are still owing “ or make some deposit towards accommodation.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Youngee34: 8:36am On Jul 29, 2020
Oh alright.

Thank you so much for your response.
I will do that.
dduchess90:
Yes, these are the documents you provide at the embassy. The CAS said award letter not certificate, so that is what they referred to, in addition to your student transcript.

If it is okay for your school to issue CAS, it should be fine. However try to make sure you have put in process to resume processing your certificate when your previous uni(Unilag) is ready, just incase you need to update your records in school

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Greatadams: 8:37am On Jul 29, 2020
Please guys any suggestions for u.k university let say starting from the lowest tuition fee thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 8:59am On Jul 29, 2020
Good morning

Please does anyone know how soon my school gets credited after payment using form A? Is it as soon as I get debited?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 9:12am On Jul 29, 2020
Yes usually, but can still take a day or two.
gracedforever:
Good morning

Please does anyone know how soon my school gets credited after payment using form A? Is it as soon as I get debited?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zeecos(f): 9:22am On Jul 29, 2020
Iyanu6000:
Good Morning,

I will appreciate
You could apply for MSc Nursing if you've got healthcare experience. Its shorter than the undergraduate degree and you don't need to apply through UCAS, doesn't need A-levels. You can use your Waec and your BSc results instead.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 9:44am On Jul 29, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Yes usually, but can still take a day or two.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 10:20am On Jul 29, 2020
Hi

Do a quick search on google and run through the previous threads, you will have a list once you have done that and can then ask specific questions

Cheers

Greatadams:
Please guys any suggestions for u.k university let say starting from the lowest tuition fee thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lianalexa: 10:26am On Jul 29, 2020
gracedforever:

Thank you

Please at what rate did pay and how much was the bank charge
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akchi32: 10:30am On Jul 29, 2020
My dollars card was used for all the payments.

Bikaa27:

Please how were you able to make payment for both IHS and application fees? What bank card did you successfully use?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 10:32am On Jul 29, 2020
Akchi32:
My dollars card was used for all the payments.

Akchi pls response to ur mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akchi32: 10:40am On Jul 29, 2020
Okay.

bayosegun:

Akchi pls response to ur mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by quille11: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2020
mimilyrics:
It depends on the school. Deposit payment, offer conditions and tuition instalments differ from school to school. Most schools require 50% tuition payment before registration though.

Thanks for the response

I just contacted Ulster University and they confirmed they offer instalment payment plan to be paid within 5 months after the initial 2k deposit. Anyone studying there to confirm this?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 10:48am On Jul 29, 2020
100 �

dduchess90:
Are you sure of this answer??

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by WalterC007: 10:50am On Jul 29, 2020
quille11:

Thanks for the response

I just contacted Ulster University and they confirmed they offer instalment payment plan to be paid within 5 months after the initial 2k deposit. Anyone studying there to confirm this?

True
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 10:54am On Jul 29, 2020
This is why it’s advisable to go slightly above the oanda rate for ur Acct balance. For example if oanda rate is 502, I’d use 510 just to be on the safe side.

Also I think they use the exchange rate of the date u submit ur application so it might be worth printing the oanda exchange rate page for that day even though it’s optional

atoeosato:
My Ables,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iamlinton: 11:02am On Jul 29, 2020
Have you received CAS from University of Chester?

[color=#006600][/color]3 weeks precisely. I was worried like you when I sent my application and did not get a reply from them after 2 weeks. I sent them an email asking them for updates on my application, they actually replied me and said because they are working from home it now takes 2-3weeks. I got my offer last week Thursday. It was within the 3 weeks time frame they gave me.

You can email them if you're too worried.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.