Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,824 members, 7,851,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1110806 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 12:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lol remember to pack Indomie

You can arrange internet from your house. Maybe get someone to organise sim cards for you guys before you arrive so at least you can hit the ground running.

You can also get someone to order groceries online for delivery to yours. It’s not ideal but it shouldn’t be too bad.

TheGuyFromHR:

Crazy, man.
The logistics too - you arrive a new place, so organising a place to get food , internet, and all that might not be seamless if your freedom of movement is curtailed except for finding a shop to buy whatever it has in stock like it or not or ordering in pizza or whatever.

2020 will be a never-to-be-forgotten year smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
toyclicks:
Pls @Mimi
While filling IOM data, I filled the address of the person I'm going to stay with in the UK.

While filling my CAS draft I filled same though stated that I was going to stay with this person for 1 month while I sort my accommodation. The school told me that I must go and choose 1 or 2 accommodation from thier accommodation page which I later did but still mentioned that I was going to stay with a friend for about a month before I finalize the deal. But the school nigerian rep/agent edited the whole thing before he passed it to the CAS team stating directly that the chosen school accommodation was where I was looking to stay. He deleted the part of me staying with a friend first, completely.

My concern is that this alteration makes my address data different from what was registered with IOM and what was registered with school.

Is this something to worry about?

Hi. Where did you fill the IOM data? Was it online or they gave you a form at the clinic? Why I'm asking is because whilst filling their form online, I did not see any where to input the UK address
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2020
duchess90:
Hello,
If it is a fully sponsored scholarship then I think apart from your documents on your CAS your TB should be next.

Can I advice that you double check your application with your school and confirm that details are all okay before submitting.

All the best

Yeah, it is a fully funded scholarship.
Thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 12:46pm On Aug 23, 2020
jadepinkett:

Hi. Where did you fill the IOM data? Was it online or they gave you a form at the clinic? Why I'm asking is because whilst filling their form online, I did not see any where to input the UK address

There is a link to fill their form online, which I can't remember now, but the form at that link did have a space for inputting a UK address, and we used the address of the university there.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

There is a link to fill their form online, which I can't remember now, but the form at that link did have a space for inputting a UK address, and we used the address of the university there.

Ok, thanks a lot. Let me check the form again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
I’m not sure which time period is more nerve-wracking ; pre-interview or post-interview.

I look forward to reading visa approval posts from next week on.

Good luck everyone.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 1:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
Please I found out that Emirates is asking for COVID 19 test result. Is it free?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2020
Not limited to Emirates. Most airlines require a negative test confirmation prior to boarding.

The cost of the test is borne by the passenger

SAMDEEA123:
Please I found out that Emirates is asking for COVID 19 test result. Is it free?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

Nothing is ever free ooo. Someone pays either you or the government and you know in naija when it comes to government you are On.Your.Own .... so definitely budget for that

Even those flying from UK to naija are paying for covid test from their pocket
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Nothing is ever free ooo. Someone pays either you or the government and you know in naija when it comes to government you are On.Your.Own .... so definitely budget for that

Even those flying from UK to naija are paying for covid test from their pocket

God help us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
naledis:
I’m not sure which time period is more nerve-wracking ; pre-interview or post-interview.

I look forward to reading visa approval posts from next week on.

Good luck everyone.

It’s definitely the post interview! I’m really freaking out already. Trying to recall my answers over and over again to be sure I answered correctly. And I’ve got 12 working days to go!!�

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
naledis:
Not limited to Emirates. Most airlines require a negative test confirmation prior to boarding.

The cost of the test is borne by the passenger

Shebi Lagos say their own na free?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

I would say not necessarily to the first question and No to the second.
For the second question, you should have a good case as to why you want to spend this amount of money on a UK degree and not one from your home country.

Alright. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2020
Thank you. I didn’t mention any. I basically said the health sector of Nigeria. Either a private or federal hospital. (as a health worker). I’ve been really worried after my interview that it might have not been the right answer to give

mattfeuter:

- Not really, if you can pay it in full, fine. Otherwise , you can pay the Uni deposit required and show the balance with maintenance funds when applying. Infact some unis require that you only deposit £1000 and students went ahead to get their visa.

- No. however it’ll be nice if you can mention 2 or even 3 companies you’d love to work for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2020
Anyone travelling to UK. Please help me ! I need dried fish and dried thick ponmo as attached. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2020
It’s an agonizing wait I tell you. I can’t wait for the atmosphere on here to change

ZabethMay:

It’s definitely the post interview! I’m really freaking out already. Trying to recall my answers over and over again to be sure I answered correctly. And I’ve got 12 working days to go!!�
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Taal17: 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

Check NCDC site for labs that are accredited for Covid PCR Tests

I know of SYNLAB (VI and Ikeja)
Clinix-Lancet

Price is the same for all the labs 50 something thousand sha

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
Oh if you’re referring to the test conducted by the government, yes that’s “free”. However the test result needs to be recent (within the last 3 days) and it may not be easy to estimate how long the government-conducted test will take. So most people I reckon would rather go to one of the licensed private labs for quicker and less stressful testing

SAMDEEA123:

Shebi Lagos say their own na free?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2020
Oloshi83:
Lol remember to pack Indomie

You can arrange internet from your house. Maybe get someone to organise sim cards for you guys before you arrive so at least you can hit the ground running.

You can also get someone to order groceries online for delivery to yours. It’s not ideal but it shouldn’t be too bad.

I hate indomie sad sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
ZabethMay:
Thank you. I didn’t mention any. I basically said the health sector of Nigeria. Either a private or federal hospital. (as a health worker). I’ve been really worried after my interview that it might have not been the right answer to give

This should work.

There’s nothing to be worried about as you can’t really do anything about it now. I believe you’ve answered the question to the best of your knowledge.

It shall end in praise. Be Optimistic cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2020
mattfeuter:

This should work.

There’s nothing to be worried about as you can’t really do anything about it now. I believe you’ve answered the question to the best of your knowledge.

It shall end in praise. Be Optimistic cheesy

Amen!!! You really helped brighten my mood. Thank you soo much.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2020
ZabethMay:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nattiejt: 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
Hello, pls do you know the limit on paga dollar transactions? This is because I will be paying for a family of 4. Thank you.
Omah7979:
When you get to the payment stage navigate until you see paga verve you can pay with your naira card of any bank using master card or any card

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nattiejt: 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
Pls do you know the dollar limit on paga because I will be paying for family of 4. Thanks.
Donracy:
Please check your mail. I sent you a message

Thanks you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
Alright, senior man.
Thank you for the clarification.

justwise:

Please try to be consistent with information you provide during visa application or at the POE. Maintain one address to avoid questioning at the POE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
Gbeskey:
Bro my accommodation contract starts in October but I was lucky to get an earlier date for my appointment, now I am thinking of traveling by late September if all things goes well. My problem now is that I entered my accommodation address on my application and also stating that I will be traveling by October. The plans now is to chill at my sister place in London before the start of my contract. I hope there won't be a problem at the POE?

This is not a problem
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
Sorry, I don't know but I would advise you use four different banks for each person so as to avoid any hiccups along the process.

Nattiejt:
Pls do you know the dollar limit on paga because I will be paying for family of 4. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbeskey: 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
Thank you bro
justwise:

This is not a problem
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Laura123: 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2020
Please are dependents interviewed? And what are the likely questions? My interview date is a day before my husbands and he is the main applicant. @mimilyrics @justwise and other well informed people should please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2020
Laura123:
Please are dependents interviewed? And what are the likely questions? My interview date is a day before my husbands and he is the main applicant. @mimilyrics @justwise and other well informed people should please help

Lol, no interviews for dependants. Fear not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
Laura123:

Only main applicants is interviewed or spoken to .... dependents only do biometrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Laura123: 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Lol, no interviews for dependants. Fear not.

Lol, thanks bro. My dear, I don dey read wetin I no understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.