Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1089588 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Iamslickp: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2020
Exactly what am facing
Biometrics on the 14 September priority
Non straightforward mail on the 16
Decision mail on the 18 since then nothing again lagos ikeja TLS
NOTHING FROM DHL TOO I APPLY FOR COURIER
chnovpaul:
Hi folks,

Any ideas what next step I should take? Looks like I'm beginning to lose my patience. Here's my timeline:

Sept. 5: Applied for PRIORITY visa
Sept. 8: Did biometrics at Abuja TLS
Sept. 11: Got decision mail
Up till now (15 days after biometrics), nothing else. Tracker is still on Level 3: Application at DMC

I have written to UKVI and called them with their humongous paid service, and all I get is the generic response that they can confirm that a decision has been made and that I should wait till TLS contacts me to come for my passport. How much longer, they can't comment on that, they say.

Has anyone had this kind of experience? How do I handle this? The wait is frustrating...

Thanks.

cc: justwise, mimilyrics, everyone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 11:11am On Sep 23, 2020
QueensRoad1:

Wait they just emailed me today.
Though it moved yesterday

Well hopefully they email me today as well Cos mine moved to VAC yesterday , what time did they email you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 11:11am On Sep 23, 2020
whuzmhan:

congratulations
please did you get a decision mail before the move to the next stage?
or you just tracked and you found it at the next stage

Yes I got the mail first, it’s still on transferred to VAC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2020
Kinkwin:

Well hopefully they email me today as well Cos mine moved to VAC yesterday , what time did they email you?

Like 30 minutes ago. Soon be hopeful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rukkykelvin(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2020
QueensRoad1:

I just got my collection email
Fear oo

Congratulations in advance my fellow Huddersfield prospective students.

I hope to ace my phone interview today.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2020
QueensRoad1:

Chai God Abeg oo, no vex when did you receive decision email and what centre ? Ikeja or VI
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 11:15am On Sep 23, 2020
Kinkwin:

Chai God Abeg oo, no vex when did you receive decision email and what centre ? Ikeja or VI

Vi, didn’t receive decision email.
Changed yesterday from DMC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kentz3: 11:16am On Sep 23, 2020
hello guy please do i need a covid 19 test certificate to fly with kenya airline to london?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 11:16am On Sep 23, 2020
QueensRoad1:

Mine is VI too Abeg make this people send me the email na , mine changed to VAC yesterday too from DMC embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bukiegbegi: 11:17am On Sep 23, 2020
QueensRoad1:

Please what date was your interview and what time did it change? I’m already running temperature here cry cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lynniebabes(f): 11:18am On Sep 23, 2020
Collection mail just dropped
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 11:19am On Sep 23, 2020
lynniebabes:
Collection mail just dropped

Abeg what centre ooo I am running temperature already ooo tongue embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Qlock(m): 11:27am On Sep 23, 2020
Hi guys, I need an insightful opinion here please.

I'm in the midst of paying for my Tier4 visa (for four years). The IHS checker specifies £1350 and was hoping to pay with my UK pounds account. On the payment page however it is valued in USD (1850), which is like £100 in excess based on the conversion rate on every channel I have looked at. Is this normal from your experience (based on some ridiculous rate)? Or is there some charges I'm not aware of?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 11:29am On Sep 23, 2020
dami24:

$410?, are you sure about this? Was that the final price? Or that was before tax and carriage fee

Of course that is base fare, before tax and the rest. That's the price shown on the website. Final price per person came out to about $520 per person
For the week of the 5th it was showing a base fare of $810 - $844.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2020
Qlock:

I'm in the midst of paying for my Tier4 visa (for four years). The IHS checker specifies £1350 and was hoping to pay with my UK pounds account. On the payment page however it is valued in USD (1850), which is like £100 in excess based on the conversion rate on every channel I have looked at. Is this normal from your experience (based on some ridiculous rate)? Or is there some charges I'm not aware of?

A mixture of both I believe.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by slimdolyin(m): 11:33am On Sep 23, 2020
ralphtamtobi:
Teesside University also has the option of spreading the course for 2 years, with placement.

The only thing is that the fees increases to 15,000

But the first year fees is 7,500. So you can only pay for the first year only. Also you get a scholarship/discount of 1,500 / 2,000 So you might be left to pay either 6,000 or 5,500
will it be one year for the M.sc and another one year for placement.....will also still get that 2year post study visa??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2020
slimdolyin:
will it be one year for the M.sc and another one year for placement.....will also still get that 2year post study visa??
Most often times the placement is within 4-6 months. Yes, Two year master would be eligible for post study.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fabulous05(m): 11:38am On Sep 23, 2020
Please what type of paper should I print my transcript on. I got my transcript from my sch online and I have to go to the embassy with a printed copy.

@mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Risazii: 11:40am On Sep 23, 2020
Pay online before going it's cheaper, I was charged #127+. I took someone's advice here and I think access and wema bank cards work best

Cigbojugha:

OK thanks.

Did you pay the naira equivalent and how much was it or did you pay the 220 in pounds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 11:43am On Sep 23, 2020
slimdolyin:
yes stirling give 4k discount and bournemouth give 1500k discount.........i think i prefer those 2 schools but want to know if those school have good academic standing in the Uk and will i be able to get job as a student while studying
For academic standing..google course ratings and see how the sschool is ranked according to the program..for jobs, student jobs ae everywhere in the UK..or so I have been told. .you will need to do that research before you land
however..I do agree that some places have more opportunities.. so bigger cities will have more jobs as compared to smaller cities (like Stirling)..but everything comes down to what your requirements are..your budget, your skills and ability, your networks if any, etc..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Otapiapia1: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2020
1st September Abuja, please any update after 19th not straight forward mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 11:56am On Sep 23, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Of course that is base fare, before tax and the rest. That's the price shown on the website. Final price per person came out to about $520 per person
For the week of the 5th it was showing a base fare of $810 - $844.

Alright.

I realised that even without vpn, the 410 price was same.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fisayoani: 11:58am On Sep 23, 2020
Otapiapia1:
1st September Abuja, please any update after 19th not straight forward mail?

I got non straightforward email too but no second interview or email yet, I did mine biometrics on 2nd of September my mates already got their visa
I don’t even want to cry right now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
QueensRoad1:

Abeg help me check your email , just sent you one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nattiejt: 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ok thanks
QueensRoad1:

Wait they just emailed me today.
Though it moved yesterday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fisayoani: 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
Is there anyone who have gotten feedback after they did biometrics around 1st and 2nd of September,but got the non straightforward email around 18th and 19th of September
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lynniebabes(f): 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
Vi lol. Take it easy o
Kinkwin:

Abeg what centre ooo I am running temperature already ooo tongue embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbeskey: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
Visa Approval grin
Thanks to everyone who has helped me in one way or the other especially during the 28days bank statement counting counfusion cheesy I wish everyone success in their visa race most especially my August 26th mates. My centre was Ikeja

24 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
Gbeskey:
Visa Approval grin
Thanks to everyone who has helped me in one way or the other especially during the 28days bank statement counting counfusion cheesy I wish everyone success in their visa race most especially my August 26th mates. My centre was Ikeja

Congrats.
Pls when was your application transferred to VAC and when did you receive pick up mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
Qlock:

welcome to my world.. I cried so much when this happened to me
There is no other option since your application location is Nigeria and payment is in dollars
also the difference is from your UK bank exchange rate.. mine was about 40 pounds more and I paid for 4 people
so it's either you close eye and pay in pounds..
or pay in naira, using paga verve..and save some money..
the choice is yours
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fcnaxo: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
Omadinma:
I have a question, I heard that there are non-banking institutions who can loan out money to fund account for international students. That there's no interest rate but you will pay a certain amount every month, depending on the amount and duration of the loan. Can anyone please help me confirm this and if possible provide me with their contact detail asap. Thank you!

reply my mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by spotgetj: 12:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
Gbeskey:
Visa Approval grin

Congrats am happy for you. Was looking out for ur decision. Congrats once again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.