Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1102973 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Damiturner: 10:00am On Sep 25, 2020
RuthyBam:
Same here, I don't understand what's happening.
I did my biometric and interview on 1st Sept, 2020. Standard

Deferred Complex email 16th Sept

No invitation for second interview.
It's already my 18th working days,
But I know it will end in praise.

Same here,same timeline

quote author=Fisayoani post=94281641]

You and I have the same issue same biometrics day same day I got the non straightforward email as well, no second email too and nothing yet, my school resumes on Monday that’s 28th of this month... God help me really
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jidluk: 10:01am On Sep 25, 2020
Please kindly let's know the outcome...still waiting for Primary Applicant passport too...all 3 dependents received. Thanks.
tossyvickykenny:

Okay thank you. Sent them a mail now hoping to hear from them. If I call them today will I still get information why my dependent passport was not returned
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jidluk: 10:03am On Sep 25, 2020
Ok. Please let's know the outcome when you collect thanks.
sommychekwas:
Yea, picked my dependents own since 18th of September. Haven't gotten a mail for mine. Let's keep believing and waiting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 10:04am On Sep 25, 2020
Hello all,

Thanks for the informative thread, I need advice on the following please (I have gone through the thread to a good extend):
I tried booking a date for TB Test and got a date of 8th of October. Would you advise I wait till after receiving the test result to pay for visa application or I can go ahead and start the application? I am trying to avoid the increased IHS surcharge cost from 5th October.

Another question, my school required they check my financial evidence before issuing my CAS, they even had to make me reprint the bank statement due to some issues. They are now satisfied with the financial evidence which is a combined account statement, one personal and one joint account with a family member of same surname (my uncle). Do you think during the interview (if any) questions would be asked why I am having a joint account? and do I have to prove what percentage of it is mine?

Thank you

cc: mimilyrics , justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:08am On Sep 25, 2020
xander21:
Hello all,

Thanks for the informative thread, I need advice on the following please (I have gone through the thread to a good extend):
I tried booking a date for TB Test and got a date of 8th of October. Would you advise I wait till after receiving the test result to pay for visa application or I can go ahead and start the application? I am trying to avoid the increased IHS surcharge cost from 5th October.

Another question, my school required they check my financial evidence before issuing my CAS, they even had to make me reprint the bank statement due to some issues. They are now satisfied with the financial evidence which is a combined account statement, one personal and one joint account with a family member of same surname (my uncle). Do you think during the interview (if any) questions would be asked why I am having a joint account? and do I have to prove what percentage of it is mine?

Thank you

1.Get your TB result first before doing anything regarding visa application

2. The joint account with an uncle will not work, it has to be in your name alone or that of your parents

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 10:10am On Sep 25, 2020
justwise:

You can have a break but not longer than 180days.

Mimi wouldn't like this one grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mrpudikin: 10:10am On Sep 25, 2020
Hello people, in the case of funds you have coming not just from your parents but also from family members like uncles or cousins. How does one put it during an interview and is adding supporting documents advisable in this case or just the bank statement should do . And what supporting can one add it is needed.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 10:13am On Sep 25, 2020
My application status changed to transferred to VAC 8am this morning. Is there any possibility of me picking it up today? I didn't pay for courier.
Biometric 4th Sept,
VI TLS,
Standard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:18am On Sep 25, 2020
Well, even me boarding straight from Lagos. Info that I got was to forget it

Courtesy corona period

amaeve:
Good Morning
Please when a flight is scheduled from Abuja to Uk and first stopover will be in Lagos, can one be able to meet with family within the airport, like the family coming to Lagos rather than flying to Abuja to see you off when the first stop is at Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 10:20am On Sep 25, 2020
mimilyrics:
It doesn't count as a break if it's shorter than the number of days allowed. I'm talking about a period that is beyond the accepted time period.

Lol. Sis, this is very funny and totally unnecessary. A break is a break - "accepted" or not - mind you, the subject of your advice is not aware of what is acceptable or not. You're really very bright and helpful here and very much appreciated, but this here is just you being unnecessarily defensive of a harmless conclusion that you only need to acknowledge and move on. Doesn't in any way tamper with your reputation as a savior on this thread.

No offense please. Just saying.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 10:22am On Sep 25, 2020
Hi Justwise,

thanks for the response. I understand that the a family member outside your parents cannot sponsor one, but I saw on the Uk tier 4 application guide, that joint accounts are allowed if one is named on the account. Of which I am named. Please see image from the migrant guidance below:

What do you think? I dont mean to counter or anything. I just thought the school checking would have covered that.

justwise:

1.Get your TB result first before doing anything regarding visa application

2. The joint account with an uncle will not work, it has to be in your name alone or that of your parents

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tossyvickykenny(f): 10:22am On Sep 25, 2020
[quote author=Flezi1 post=94286849]My application status changed to transferred to VAC 8am this morning. Is there any possibility of me picking it up today? I didn't pay for courier.
Biometric 4th Sept,
VI TLS,
Standard[/quo
Please how did you check the tracking, kindly send the link to how to track application. The one am using is the tls app which has just 4 stages which doesn't help out. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 25, 2020
[quote author=tossyvickykenny post=94287130][/quote]

The link and the tracking app only shows four stages.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 10:31am On Sep 25, 2020
xander21:
Hi Justwise,

thanks for the response. I understand that the a family member outside your parents cannot sponsor one, but I saw on the Uk tier 4 application guide, that joint accounts are allowed if one is named on the account. Of which I am named. Please see image from the migrant guidance below:

What do you think? I dont mean to counter or anything. I just thought the school checking would have covered that.

You are correct, but consider the burden of having to explain why you have a joint account with your uncle to an Entry Clearance Officer and the proof that it wasn't created with the sole purpose of getting the visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 10:34am On Sep 25, 2020
Lawrence6:
Any sept 14th biometric update here pls!!!!any mail or phone call? Thought they said its 10 working days now and no longer 15.

Lol, who said? �

I’m sept 14th sha and nothing too�
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:37am On Sep 25, 2020
And your point is? What's being defensive in stating what obtains?
I stated that a person gets ILR after spending the time required on their visa / leave without breaks in the leave; breaks in continuous residence only comes into play when an individual spends more than the permitted absence allowance. If you don't know, you can always do a quick check to confirm if the info is correct. Always read to understand please.

Periods of being away from the UK which are below the acceptable thresholds are termed absences (180 days or less) while periods above the acceptable absence allowance are called breaks in your leave / visa.

Even Justwise comments ( which I further clarified ) didn't negate my point, it was clarification for the person my comment was directed at not to assume that a holiday period or any period of being away from the UK on acceptable absence allowance will count as a break in leave.

inphoenix:

Lol. Sis, this is very funny and totally unnecessary. A break is a break - "accepted" or not - mind you, the subject of your advice is not aware of what is acceptable or not. You're really very bright and helpful here and very much appreciated, but this here is just you being unnecessarily defensive of a harmless conclusion that you only need to acknowledge and move on. Doesn't in any way tamper with your reputation as a savior on this thread.

No offense please. Just saying.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:37am On Sep 25, 2020
Hoverboy27:
Fam learn to accept a correction and move on.Being a guru doesn’t mean you know it all. Try and be opened to learning. Many people have corrected you on this but you keep going on and on. Even if you don’t want to accept your mistake, just fashi it. We all have ego sometime soon so it’s understandable. Pls no vex just saying.

Dude learn to respect people's opinion, you don't have to take it but making an effort to force your opinion on others is silly. You have an ego problem when you keep quoting me and making fruitless effort to prove me wrong based on your own understanding

Given the same timeline i will get a much cheaper ticket than that op got, 62K difference in a flight you booked under 24hrs is a bargain, agents will charge you premier for that.

Lastly on this..i have said this far too many times here for the past 10yrs...nobody here is forced to agree with me, you are within your right to scroll up when you see my post. I encourage you to practice that.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 10:38am On Sep 25, 2020
I understand its a burden that's why I am even asking. I would have transferred the money immediately to my personal account, but that would reset my 28 days validity down to zero. I figure giving a sound explanation should be easier. School has resumed already, I've just been attending classes online.

inphoenix:

You are correct, but consider the burden of having to explain why you have a joint account with your uncle to an Entry Clearance Officer and the proof that it wasn't created with the sole purpose of getting the visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:40am On Sep 25, 2020
xander21:
Hi Justwise,

Bros if you want to have stress-free application avoid using an account co-joined with an uncle, you have to dig deep to explain how much of that money belongs to you and to your uncle AND if your uncle is happy for you to spend his money for your education.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ralphtamtobi: 10:43am On Sep 25, 2020
Which email adress are we sending the reminder to?

TheGuyFromHR:

Exactly.
Like I said, my friend had gone for almost a month with no response, so he sent them an inquiry email, and they told him they would escalate it, and his passport was sent back to VAC the very next day, and he collected it the day after, i.e 2 days after the email enquiry, with a visa dated more than a week prior.

So if your 15 working days are past, and they've made a decision on your case, and haven't sent it back, maybe the reminder would help, maybe not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tajmal: 10:46am On Sep 25, 2020
Hi guys, a quick one, where is Turkish airline's office in Lagos?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 10:49am On Sep 25, 2020
[quote author=tossyvickykenny post=94287130][/quote]

Use the link from the emails you received when you did your registration.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 10:50am On Sep 25, 2020
I totally understand you, and I really appreciate your responses. The challenge now is moving to to my personal account would definitely mean I have to wait another 28 days, and that I definitely wont meet up on the last day of visa issue date. for context, 4 million out of the 7m there is definitely for my education. The combined acount statement actually exceeds the finanical requirements. The rest of the required funds is my personal account.

justwise:

Bros if you want to have stress-free application avoid using an account co-joined with an uncle, you have to dig deep to explain how much of that money belongs to you and to your uncle AND if your uncle is happy for you to spend his money for your education.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:54am On Sep 25, 2020
xander21:
I totally understand you, and I really appreciate your responses. The challenge now is moving to to my personal account would definitely mean I have to wait another 28 days, and that I definitely wont meet up on the last day of visa issue date. for context, 4 million out of the 7m there is definitely for my education. The combined acount statement actually exceeds the finanical requirements. The rest of the required funds is my personal account.

Have you paid for tuition fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 10:58am On Sep 25, 2020
I have paid 3000 pounds. I have started the program online for now.

justwise:

Have you paid for tuition fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by whuzmhan: 11:00am On Sep 25, 2020
xander21:

Does the account also carry your name?
Is your name boldly written on the account statement?
Can you sign on the account?
Can the bank issue you a reference letter, stating you have rights and access to the money in the joint account?
Can you alone withdraw on the account as per the signing instructions on the account?
In my own opinion, I feel you should check the questions above and be convinced within yourself

NB: This is solely your call, and the decision is solely yours to take.

The best approach however, still remains you transfer the money into your account and WAIT!!!!
Talking about deadlines, if you dont do your due diligence, you might still have to wait if refused
so weigh your options very well.................

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 11:02am On Sep 25, 2020
xander21:
I have paid 3000 pounds. I have started the program online for now.

You mean you are studying online with the university while waiting to apply for visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 11:03am On Sep 25, 2020
xander21:
Hello all,

Thank you

1. You can do it either way tbh.

I will advise you go ahead and submit your visa application and then choose a date that falls after 8th of October for biometrics.... if anything is wrong with your Tb test, you just cancel your visa application and you will get your refund

For me, my Tb test was scheduled for 11th September, I submitted my visa application on 4th September and I chose 14th September for my biometrics.

Just ensure that if you are using self service, you do not mistakenly submit your documents when you don’t yet have your Tb certificate.

For sure, it is usually better to have all your documents ready before you submit your visa application, but in this case, there is really nothing to lose. If you are unable to get your certificate on 8th, you just cancel your application or you can even amend your biometrics date.

2. People usually have joint accounts with whoever for several reasons, so if the reason you have a joint account with your uncle has nothing to do with your application then just go ahead and tell them the reason you do if they ask.

I don’t think there is anyway to prove the percentage of the money that is yours, I’m not sure, however, just ensure that at-most half of the money in the account added to that in your personal account meets the required fund for your maintenance and tuition balance, if any.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 11:05am On Sep 25, 2020
Thanks for these questions.

Account carries my name yes. It is written on the account statement. I can sign. The bank should be able to issue a reference letter I believe, I can ask for it as well. Can I alone withdraw? no

I totally understand the other way would have been the best approach. I understand that now.

whuzmhan:

Does the account also carry your name?
Is your name boldly written on the account statement?
Can you sign on the account?
Can the bank issue you a reference letter, stating you have rights and access to the money in the joint account?
Can you alone withdraw on the account as per the signing instructions on the account?
In my own opinion, I feel you should check the questions above and be convinced within yourself

NB: This is solely your call, and the decision is solely yours to take.

The best approach however, still remains you transfer the money into your account and WAIT!!!!
Talking about deadlines, if you dont do your due diligence, you might still have to wait if refused
so weigh your options very well.................
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kcmontez: 11:05am On Sep 25, 2020
Does UK immigration ask for evidence of POF with a student visa at the port of entry?

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.