Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1087022 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by spotgetj: 10:58am On Nov 01, 2020
viviangogos:
Hello everyone, I will like to get your thoughts on this. So I studied Geology in my first degree, I have worked in an oil servicing company for some years as a completions Engineer ( Petroleum Engr. related). Now I want to do my Masters in the UK. I actually wanted to go for Petroleum Engenineering but we know oil and gas industry is not booming at the moment and that could limit me in terms of job. I have actually applied to some schools for Civil and Environmental Engineering, and also Environmental Management for Teeside. I have gotten unconditional offer from Teeside for now. Still waiting on the others. My question is, what would you advise I actually go for in terms of versatility for job. Please I will appreciate your sincere advise on this environmental studies. Also I am open to other choice of study that is really on demand practically.

I will advise u go for MSc Civil Engineering. This course is on the shortage list.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 01, 2020
Smithkafors:
Where will I keep my Liquid content while traveling?.....hand bag or language

Hand bag please.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 01, 2020
Sulis:

Someone please reply to this. Thank you

Please call the school to rectify this CAS Asap.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sulis: 11:26am On Nov 01, 2020
DrSkofid:

Please call the school to rectify this CAS Asap.

I have sent an email. Waiting for them to respond to the mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2020
BabajoeB:

Someone please help reply to this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2020
Sulis:

I have sent an email. Waiting for them to respond to the mail.

Okie dockie.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 01, 2020
Please DO NOT include your MBA, just use your Bsc to apply for the UK Msc. There is what is called ACADEMIC PROGRESSION.
Also, to make your visa application and procession to go smoothly, do not include the MBA as well.(remove it from your CV and applications for now)

When you get to UK, you can then include your MBA in your CV. Also in the future you can include both Masters for a PhD application.

I only just want to make simple common sense here.

BabajoeB:

Someone please help reply to this

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phenmeson(m): 11:40am On Nov 01, 2020
HerMoney:
Hello my people!

I give glory to God for his mercies and faithfulness.
After two US denials last year and one Canadian denial in 2018, (all study visas), UK has opened their doors and I'm more than glad to walk through them.

Application Sep 18
Biometrics Sep 28
Decision mail Oct 16
Visa approval/Collection of passport Oct 19
Na travel date I dey plan so.

I want to profusely thank all Nairaland members on this thread, especially those who painstakingly and selflessly answer others' queries and guide them on this journey, (special thanks to Mimilyrics), you guys are the best. You don't know what you do for us. I came in here so dejected and confused but you put me through and now, I'm headed to the next phase of my life at the University of Sussex. May God bless you all.
I have mixed feelings right now especially with what happened to our brothers and sisters in Lagos yesterday. It's sad that we have to leave our country in this sorry state even though temporarily. Please let us continue to pray for Nigeria wherever we are or find ourselves. This is our home.

Goodluck to everyone still applying. Don't let anything discourage you whether age or degree or previous visa denials or whatever, dare to go for your dreams and God will make a way. If you need further assistance, please contact the UKEAS offices. They are very helpful as well.

Congrats dear. Best of luck in UK and enjoy the nice seaside in Brighton
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 01, 2020
spotgetj:

I will advise u go for MSc Civil Engineering. This course is on the shortage list.

Please check the UK job shortage list and you will be okay to make the right choice.

However put in back of your mind that in UK, most job recruiters place "work experience" higher up in their selection criteria than "type of degree".
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2020
HerMoney:
Hello my people!

I give glory to God for his mercies and faithfulness.
After two US denials last year and one Canadian denial in 2018, (all study visas), UK has opened their doors and I'm more than glad to walk through them.

Application Sep 18
Biometrics Sep 28
Decision mail Oct 16
Visa approval/Collection of passport Oct 19
Na travel date I dey plan so.

I want to profusely thank all Nairaland members on this thread, especially those who painstakingly and selflessly answer others' queries and guide them on this journey, (special thanks to Mimilyrics), you guys are the best. You don't know what you do for us. I came in here so dejected and confused but you put me through and now, I'm headed to the next phase of my life at the University of Sussex. May God bless you all.
I have mixed feelings right now especially with what happened to our brothers and sisters in Lagos yesterday. It's sad that we have to leave our country in this sorry state even though temporarily. Please let us continue to pray for Nigeria wherever we are or find ourselves. This is our home.

Goodluck to everyone still applying. Don't let anything discourage you whether age or degree or previous visa denials or whatever, dare to go for your dreams and God will make a way. If you need further assistance, please contact the UKEAS offices. They are very helpful as well.

Congrats. U hav been led to the right place. UK is far better than US. Soon you will know this.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olalemii: 12:01pm On Nov 01, 2020
DrSkofid:

Congrats. U hav been led to the right place. UK is far better than US. Soon you will know this.

Hello , any idea why Huddersfield is not issuing CAS atm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheOnly123: 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2020
I can tell you for sure that if you are flying BA, you do not need a covid 19 test. I'm not sure about virgin Atlantic.

pwettyhardey:
Good morning guys, I'll be flying to UK via Virgin Atlantic on tuesday. for those that have flied VA of recent, did they ask for COVID test at any point?
As my family friend said her mum is flying BA and needs Covid test.

I hope we will be able to enter UK with this lockdown

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by unclepopo2(m): 12:14pm On Nov 01, 2020
Please do we have any aspiring psychologist here or anyone studying psychology in the UK currently? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by slimdolyin(m): 12:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
The lockdown doesnt affect flight entering the Uk even.
nobleudeme:
Guys I'm confused and concerned, pls advise. My flight date is within the lockdown period. For those in the same situations as I am, what are you hearing? Is there still hope that our flight will be allowed into the UK? Should we change our dates?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lukzy500: 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2020
I stidied Geology . I applied for water,waste and Environmental Engineering. This course is all encompassing . U can work in all aspect of engineering.
spotgetj:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
lukzy500:
I stidied Geology . I applied for water,waste and Environmental Engineering. This course is all encompassing . U can work in all aspect of engineering.

But have you actually graduated and found it easy to get a job as it encompassing ..... I think that when it best to make this statement

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sandra2020: 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
Please I want to know if I need an ATAS certificate for visa application and also if I’m required to provide a birth certificate,I am self sponsored,thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
Does your course require an ATAS certificate? If yes, include it with your visa application, if no, you wouldn't be able to get it anyway.
PS: ATAS is only required for sensitive tech-related studies.
sandra2020:
Please I want to know if I need an ATAS certificate for visa application and also if I’m required to provide a birth certificate,I am self sponsored,thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by teepapi711(m): 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
Can anyone answer please?!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2020
A year and half. That should be £705 but it will be charged in $. It's currently $912.968 using today's Oanda rate but might be higher depending on the rate used by your bank.
quille11:
Hello guys,

I like to know if the IHS fee for a course of 1 year and 4 months will be calculated as 2 years. Tried to input details in the IHS calculator. It calculated £940. Is this some sort of error?
quille11:

@mimilyrics, @Lagosismyhome. Kindly respond to this.☝️☝️☝️☝️. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2020
I didn't ask you to agree and did poster ask about pre Admission?
Arhmiee:

I don't agree with point number 1.
Msc Nursing (pre-registration course) is open to people from any field. Some schools limit it to those with science background and some need you to have like 600 hours of care experience.
It's very possible to get MSc nursing in UK without having a bachelor's in nursing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
Please note , don't quote me next time.
Make ur point to the poster and move.
Cupish.
I have all these in print from about 5 schools and my sentence said "most schools".
And was there any place I forced author not to do further research?
Shift please.
omopapa:
Though this might not necessarily apply to someone applying from Nigeria, but I just have to say this so that anyone that wants to apply from within UK won’t be discouraged

I didn’t have a degree in nursing when I got my admission to study MSc Mental Health Nursing. On the interview day, there was a guy that studied accounting, he also got admitted. All that was required then was minimum of 6 months health care experience, well written personal statement and performance at the interview.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 7:17pm On Nov 01, 2020
If they take the funds, how then do you intend to pay for your education in the UK?

Its better you receive your visa before touching that money in order to avoid stories.
teepapi711:
Good morning people, happy new month. Incredible thread I must say. Few details about me:
1. I'm applying to study MSc management and finance at Birmingham city university
2. I have my TB test certificate, paid tuition deposit, UO in the bag, account statement would mature in another 14 days exactly. I'll apply for CAS immediately
My question and my worry: I got the funds from a finance house and they'll take the funds as soon as our contract expires. My fear is does it affect me in anyway if go for biometrics and the funds isn't in my account.
However I plan to submit immediately I have CAS.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BRUNELISH(m): 7:48pm On Nov 01, 2020
TheOnly123:
I can tell you for sure that if you are flying BA, you do not need a covid 19 test. I'm not sure about virgin Atlantic.

I am flying BA tomorrow Monday !
West London !

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olalemii: 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2020
BRUNELISH:

I am flying BA tomorrow Monday !
West London !
safe travels, we mueeeeve!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BRUNELISH(m): 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
sandra2020:

I needed it.

Ensure you ask your Uni twice to be sure you don’t need it. It takes 4weeks and sometimes several months ! Very bad and can frustrate you as you can’t contact them or fast track it! Allow like 6weeks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BRUNELISH(m): 7:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
pwettyhardey:
Good morning guys, I'll be flying to UK via Virgin Atlantic on tuesday. for those that have flied VA of recent, did they ask for COVID test at any point?
As my family friend said her mum is flying BA and needs Covid test.

I hope we will be able to enter UK with this lockdown

You should!

But 100% sure flying BA required it not.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dahmelawlah(m): 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
mimilyrics:
A year and half. That should be £705 but it will be charged in $. It's currently $912.968 using today's Oanda rate but might be higher depending on the rate used by your bank.

Please, those in the know, with the impending national lockdown in UK, hope it won't affect those of us planning to fly in this week. I hope to travel on Thursday when the lockdown kicks in

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.