Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (707) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1086673 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Thanksss: 8:12am On Dec 19, 2020
LagosismyHome:

What exactly are you calling social media evidence

Do you have your marriage certificate and some pictures from the event and maybe some other pictures together. I think these should be sufficient
Thanks for your reply ma'am please can I use WhatsApp chat screenshot to support other evidence,tho we have all the document you listed above
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:19am On Dec 19, 2020
Thanksss:

Thanks for your reply ma'am please can I use WhatsApp chat screenshot to support other evidence,tho we have all the document you listed above

Not really sure but I guess maybe no harm in including...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by nicerichard05: 9:34am On Dec 19, 2020
Is any one going to Salford University

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Queenbeloveth(f): 10:31am On Dec 19, 2020
I sincerely don't know why people are still patronising those agents, many if those agents have not even step out of the country to countries they are decieving people with. Now he really complicated your matter. Are you sure Canada is not aware of the fake visa? Another problem now is the fact that you already forwarded the fake visa page to your school, I just hope UK won't bother themselves with those visas
Fola222:
Please I need your advice... I was once denied a Canada study visa due to purpose of intent.. I intend to apply for a UK visa... Buh I am feeling so guilty because I have never traveled out before but my agent stamped Dubai and Gambia visit on my passport when he helped me with d Canada visa application... Now I intend to be honest and apply for UK visa myself.... Should I tell the agent to remove d stamp on my passport (it can be removed) although he assures me that it is genuine stamp but I do not believe him or I shud go ahead with it like that.... Please I need your advice, what should I do... Bearing in mind Dat Canada as my information on thier system... Do they share data with UK...

Also will my school share my info with d embassy, because I already sent dem d page of that stamped area..

Honesty is indeed the best policy... I regret my actions but the deed is done.. I need solution
Thanks...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Queenbeloveth(f): 10:42am On Dec 19, 2020
Like someone rightly said, you never fell victim cos you knew what you were doing. You never apply for a visa or travel to any country yet an agent said he will stamp your passport and you agreed, thank God you realized your mistake now so just correct it and move on.
Fola222:

Yes he convinced me and assured me that I need to dis virgin my passport and he told me it is genuine... So I fell victim... But after reading stories on nairaland I realize that they have done same for a lot of pple n it didn't end well.. .... Mr perfect man... I told u I av realize my mistake... Please Dont add salt to injury...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justinaa2012: 11:28am On Dec 19, 2020
justinaa2012:
Guys pls help with info on how to pay for IHS and Visa from uk. Some1 want to help me pay from uk and he is asking if it is in pounds or dollars. Pls help with info and platform
Pls help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tomihn: 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
Mine is also on the same day.
Use the statement of account you uploaded during your visa application.
Onyxfidel1:
I have appointment on 23rd of December which is next week Wednesday, plz when should I print my statement of account.

I have a statement on 8th of December which I used for my CAS, should I go with it or print a new statement.

Plz an experienced person can clarify me, thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by awumen: 12:02pm On Dec 19, 2020
oralusiolufemi:
If you have gotten your visa, you must fill a locator form at least 48 hours before you travel
How? please explain o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tomihn: 12:39pm On Dec 19, 2020
Did they conduct interview for you?
Ychick:
I Did biometrics (priority) on the 11th of December. I got decision mail on the 15th of December. Yet, to get collection mail. Has anyone received collection mail yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Judzygal(f): 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
Please I need clarifications..
Let's say I have about 14m in my account.
I have applied for visa and going for biometrics on Monday.
My child and my husband will be applying in January because hubby is not in town right now.

1)Can my family still use my account statement by that January?

2)Will ukvi know that I've used the account statement for myself, even tho I will reprint a new one.... will it raise and eyebrow?

3)What We all need as a family of 3 is around 15.5m..but since I might have gotten my visa B4 then, Will they still expect to see that 15.5m or will they just calculate the applicable fees for the 2 of them applying at that moment?

4)Should I move the money to my husbands account and start counting their 28days all over?

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2020
Give the person your visa application login details to enable the person pay, this will be charged in USD.
justinaa2012:
Guys pls help with info on how to pay for IHS and Visa from uk. Some1 want to help me pay from uk and he is asking if it is in pounds or dollars. Pls help with info and platform
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2020
1. If the statement is not older than 31 days before their application, yes.
2. It's not uncommon for families to use the same account so it shouldn't be a problem.
3. Why not just put the total amount required for the family into the account than take a risk that it won't be noticed that the money is being recycled for use. If it's suspected that you're trying the game the system without having complete funds for all of you, it could have negative consequences.
4. Depends on you.
Judzygal:
Please I need clarifications..
Let's say I have about 14m in my account.
I have applied for visa and going for biometrics on Monday.
My child and my husband will be applying in January because hubby is not in town right now.

1)Can my family still use my account statement by that January?

2)Will ukvi know that I've used the account statement for myself, even tho I will reprint a new one.... will it raise and eyebrow?

3)What We all need as a family of 3 is around 15.5m..but since I might have gotten my visa B4 then, Will they still expect to see that 15.5m or will they just calculate the applicable fees for the 2 of them applying at that moment?

4)Should I move the money to my husbands account and start counting their 28days all over?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tomihn: 1:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
Please who else has appointment booking on the 23rd ??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Islamiat01: 1:43pm On Dec 19, 2020
Miide2:
still no collection mail
went to tls today
no show

application -3rd of december
biometrics- 7th of december
decision mail - 11th

nothing since then
Standard or Priority
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Miide2: 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2020
Islamiat01:
Standard or Priority

priority

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tinadear: 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
Bussysmith:

Thanks, have already send a mail to you please respond
didnt get ur mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Islamiat01: 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2020
Miide2:

priority
Track your application by downloading the app and put in your details.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2020
@All

This part is too long now and a new part is due but before i do that i want someone here to...

1. suggest useful links/materials that needs to be added in the front page

2. The new student rule..can somebody outline the new rules?

3 Other ideas that will be helpful

Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by harmony940(m): 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
justwise:
@All

This part is too long now and a new part is due but before i do that i want someone here to...

Thank you.

Thanks for your lovely contributions Justwise,may humanity bless you.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by YEAEMEDIA(f): 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2020
Please I need advice boss in the house

I graduated with 3rd class Biochemistry, I now wanted to leave the country as I just gt one help, now I wanted to go for another degree in UK but still thinking if there is anything I can do with my first degree Instead of starting afresh.

Please help me on what to do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2020
Here goes Justwise. I'll update as necessary.

Under the new student visa rules, you can apply for your visa at most, 6 months before your course start date but you can only travel at most, 1 month before your course start date.

Requirements for student visa Application link: https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/apply

1. Your passport.

2. CAS statement (this includes your CAS number and sponsor details). You don't need to upload this as it is an electronic document that the ECO has access to, just filling the information on your application is ok.

3. Academic evidence and documents detailed on CAS.

4. TB test result (from IOM only). See booking details here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-nigeria/tuberculosis-testing-in-nigeria

5. Outstanding tuition fees.

6. Maintenance requirements:
a. £1,334 monthly (for up to 9 mo ths) for within London (this includes schools in the Greater London area and all the London boroughs). This means that you need to show £1,334 * 9 for your maintenance.
b. £1,023 monthly (for up to 9 months) for outside London. This means that you need to show £1,023*9 for your maintenance.

7. Finance evidence:

a. Your bank statement or your parents bank statement to show your funds (tuition fees + maintenance).
The money must be be kept in the account for 28 days before application; the end of the 28 days must not be older than 31 days before your application.

The only family members that can sponsor you (give you their account statement to use) are your parents or legal guardian.
If using your parents' account(s), you need your birth certificate which has your parents' name as your parents to prove your relationship to them.

If using your guardian's statement, you need to include court document appointing the person as your guardian. This guardian must have been appointed by the court when you were below 18 years.

b. You can also submit a sponsorship letter (see sample here: https://docs.gre.ac.uk/rep/sas/example-sponsorship-letter ) if you're sponsored by
i. Her Majesty’s (UK) Government
ii. The applicant’s home (Nigerian, in this case) government
iii. the British Council
iv. an international organisation eg. UNICEF, UN, WHO etc.
v. an international company (a company that operates in 2 or more countries)
vii. a university (eg. The university where you will be studying).
viii. a UK independent school.

c. Loan letter if you are in receipt of an educational loan. The loan must be in your name. See link for details: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/financial-evidence-for-student-and-child-student-route-applicants

8. Consent letter: You'll also need a letter from your parent(s) or guardian that states that they consent to you using the funds in the account for which evidence has been submitted. This is only applicable if using their bank statements. See sample here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.westminster.ac.uk/sites/default/public-files/general-documents/Example%2520of%2520parent%2520consent%2520letter.doc&ved=2ahUKEwjVuYnvs9rtAhX7UxUIHR04C3cQFjALegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw23ibrOLrlQod4FOobTdsJp

9. ATAS certificate, if your course requires it.

10. Consent letter: Under 18s will also need a consent letter from both parents or their guardian consenting to their visa application, their living arrangements in the UK and their travel to the UK. See example here (edit as required): http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/display.aspx?DocID=29499

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/ssid/immigration/tier-4-application/supporting-documents#consent

FOR DEPENDANTS
a. Spouses only: Marriage certificate.

b. Spouses and Children: Maintenance evidence: Bank statement showing £845 monthly * 9 months for within London or £680 monthly * 9 months for outside London. This must be in the account for at least 28 days; the end of the 28 days must not be older than 31 days before your application.

For dependant spouses, the money can be in your account or your partner's account.

For dependant children, the money can be in either parent's account.

c. Spouses and children: TB test certificate (From IOM only)

d. Your children only: Child(ren)'s birth certificate showing you as their parent.

e. Spouse or parent's Biometric Residence Permit if they are already in the UK, their vignette /GWF number if they have gotten their vignette but are still in Nigeria or if they are awaiting their application decision.

f. For spouses, you can include pictures of you and your spouse to prove that your marriage is genuine and subsisting or communication evidence (if you have lived apart prior to your application especially in cases where the spouse has travelled to the UK already).

g. For children only: consent letter signed by both parents or legal guardian. See sample here (edit as required): http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/display.aspx?DocID=29499

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/ssid/immigration/tier-4-application/supporting-documents#consent

h. Your passport.

i. IHS payment. No need to upload your IHS receipt as the payment is automatically linked to the application for which it was made.

Partner application link: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk/sort/country-nationality/pbs_dependant_partner_out_uk?_ga=2.266335631.125829891.1608378020-1159481724.1592400843

Child dependant application link: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk/sort/country-nationality/pbs_dependant_child_out_uk?_ga=2.27768124.125829891.1608378020-1159481724.1592400843

COSTS.
1. Visa fee: £348 . For further info, check on costs and requirements check https://www.gov.uk/student-visa

2. TB test fee: currently N57,800. Check for booking, cost, and updated information here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-nigeria/tuberculosis-testing-in-nigeria

3. IHS cost: Currently £470 for each year of your course plus £235 for the extra 4-6 months granted in addition to the duration of your course.
Calculate how much your IHS will cost here: https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type

4. Optional processing service fees. Check here for more info: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/visa-regulations-revised-table/2020
a. Priority: £220 (application processed, ideally, within 5 working days)
b. Super priority: £956 (application processed, ideally, within 24 hours)
c. For other value added services, check
https://pos.tlscontact.com/abv_en/added-value-services

NOTE: For single parents who want to travel with their under-18 child(ren) but not with the child(ren)'s other parent, you will need a death certificate, sole custody order or any other legal document that shows that the child(ren)'s other parent isn't in the picture anymore.

justwise:
@All

Thank you.

31 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:48pm On Dec 19, 2020
Some schools will accept your for Masters (depending on the course) if you can prove that your professional, volunteer and life experiences will make you a suitable candidate for a course.

YEAEMEDIA:
Please I need advice boss in the house

I graduated with 3rd class Biochemistry, I now wanted to leave the country as I just gt one help, now I wanted to go for another degree in UK but still thinking if there is anything I can do with my first degree Instead of starting afresh.

Please help me on what to do?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
mimilyrics:

Welldone for all the time and effort

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by nicerichard05: 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
nicerichard05:
Is any one going to Salford University

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by YEAEMEDIA(f): 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2020
Please I will appreciate name of schools that accept 3rd class
mimilyrics:
Some schools will accept your for Masters (depending on the course) if you can prove that your professional, volunteer and life experiences will make you a suitable candidate for a course.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2020
mimilyrics:
Under the new student visa rules, you can apply for your visa at most, 6 months before your course start date but you can only travel at most, 1 month before your course start date.
Requirements
1. Your passport.

2. CAS statement (this includes your CAS number and sponsor details).

3. Academic evidence and documents detailed on CAS.

4. TB test result (from IOM only). See booking details here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-nigeria/tuberculosis-testing-in-nigeria

5. Outstanding tuition fees.

6. Maintenance
a. £1,334 monthly (for up to 9 mo ths) for within London (this includes schools in the Greater London area and all the London boroughs). This means that you need to show £1,334 * 9 for your maintenance.
b. £1,023 monthly (for up to 9 months) for outside London. This means that you need to show £1,023*9 for your maintenance.

7. Finance evidence:

a. Your bank statement or your parents bank statement to show your funds (tuition fees + maintenance).
The money must be be kept in the account for 28 days before application; the end of the 28 days must not be older than 31 days before your application.

The only family members that can sponsor you (give you their account statement to you) are your parents or legal guidance.
If using your parents' account(s), you need your birth certificate which has your parents' name as your parents to prove your relationship to them.

If using your guardian's statement, you need to include court document appointing the person as your guardian. This order must have been granted by the court when you were below 18 years.

b. You can also submit a sponsorship letter (see sample here: https://docs.gre.ac.uk/rep/sas/example-sponsorship-letter ) if you're sponsored by
i. Her Majesty’s (UK) Government
ii. The applicant’s home (Nigerian, in this case) government
iii. the British Council
iv. an international organisation eg. UNICEF, UN, WHO etc.
v. an international company (a company that operates in 2 or more countries)
vii. a university (eg. The university where you will be studying).
viii. a UK independent school.

c. Loan letter

8. Consent letter: You'll also need a letter from your parent(s) or guardian that states that they consent to you using the funds in the account for which evidence has been submitted. This is only applicable if using their bank statements.

9. ATAS certificate, if your course requires it.

10. Consent letter: Under 18s will also need a consent letter from both parents or their guardian consenting to their visa application, their living arrangements in the UK and their travel to the UK.

FOR DEPENDANTS

a. Spouses only: Marriage certificate.

b. Spouses and Children: Maintenance evidence: Bank statement showing £845 monthly * 9 months for within London or £680 monthly * 9 months for outside London. This must be in the account for at least 28 days; the end of the 28 days must not be older than 31 days before your application.

c. Spouses and children: TB test certificate (From IOM only)

d. Your children only: your birth certificate showing you as their parent.

e. Spouse or parent's Biometric Residence Permit if they are already in the UK, their vignette /GWF number if they have gotten their vignette but are still in Nigeria or if they are awaiting their application decision.

f. For spouses, you can include pictures of you and your spouse to prove that your marriage is genuine and subsisting or communication evidence (if you have lived apart prior to your application in cases where the spouse has travelled to the UK already).

COSTS.
1. Visa fee: £348 . For further info, check on costs and requirements check https://www.gov.uk/student-visa

2. TB test fee: currently N57,800. Check for booking, cost, and updated information here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-nigeria/tuberculosis-testing-in-nigeria

3. IHS cost: Currently £470 for each year of your course plus £235 for the extra 4-6 months granted in addition to the duration of your course.
Calculate how much your IHS will cost here: https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type

4. Optional processing service fees. Check here for more info: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/visa-regulations-revised-table/2020
a. Priority: £220
b. Super priority: £956
c. For other value added services, check
https://pos.tlscontact.com/abv_en/added-value-services

Noted.

Thanks for taking timeout to write this

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2020
Thank you.
LagosismyHome:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2020
I'm glad to be of help.
justwise:

Noted.

Thanks for taking timeout to write this

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 5:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
I don't have a ready list but I know that for Anglia Ruskin University and University of Kent, if you get your personal statement right, you can secure admission with a 3rd class.
Same with some schools that require a minimum of 2:2.
You just have to be able to sell your skills and suitability on your application and personal statement.
YEAEMEDIA:
Please I will appreciate name of schools that accept 3rd class

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by macbernard: 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2020
Mimi is a legend
LagosismyHome:

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.