Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? (4165 Views)

US War College Says Muhammadu Buhari Was Awarded A Diploma In 1980 (photo) / On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin / Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by gregg2: 11:04am On Jan 08, 2011
Atiku Abubakar's highest educational qualification is a Diploma in Hygiene?

I saw this on one of the adverts that appeared in a national daily on Friday, obviously posted by one of GEJ's supporters. It had ‘Experience’ as heading and the pictures of the two aspirants below it.

On the side of Jonathan, the advert had the following: ‘Ph.D, deputy governor, governor, vice president, acting president and president’. On the side of Atiku, it has ‘Diploma in Hygiene, nil, nil, vice president, nil and nil’ respectively. The advert went on to inscribe boldly under Jonathan ‘Humility’ and under Atiku ‘Emptiness’ and called on Nigerians to ‘Spot the difference’.

That was funny.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Goddex: 11:27am On Jan 08, 2011
@Gregg2
That advert is right anyway. His highest educational qualification is a diploma he obtained from School of hygiene Kano between 1966–1967. Here is what I got from Wikipedia about his educational background.

1) Jada Primary School, 1954–1960,

2) Adamawa Provinciall School, Yola, 1961 to 1965,
with A'Level studies in Hausa Language,

3) School of hygiene Kano, 1966–1967, graduating with Health Diploma in Hygiene,

The man is actually empty as stated in that advert. He was just fortunate to work with the Nigerian Customs Service and amazed wealth to himself.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by johndoe200: 11:42am On Jan 08, 2011
Goddex:

@Gregg2
That advert is right anyway. His highest educational qualification is a diploma he obtained from School of hygiene Kano between 1966–1967. Here is what I got from Wikipedia about his educational background.

1) Jada Primary School, 1954–1960,

2) Adamawa Provinciall School, Yola, 1961 to 1965,
with A'Level studies in Hausa Language,

3) School of hygiene Kano, 1966–1967, graduating with Health Diploma in Hygiene,

The man is actually empty as stated in that advert. He was just fortunate to work with the Nigerian Customs Service and amazed wealth to himself.

Don't you mean stole money?
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Becomrichn: 12:09pm On Jan 08, 2011
hmm
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by agitator: 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2011
is diploma and Ph.D Experience?
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by MaJBlige(f): 12:15pm On Jan 08, 2011
^^^^

What a question.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Becomrichn: 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2011
J_Blige
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Ibime(m): 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2011
Atiku is a product of quota system. Hausa man with Hygiene certificate in 1960s would find himself being promoted over Southerner with Masters degree, thanks to Federal Character.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Becomrichn: 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2011
ishaya me
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2011
Damm Atiku, damm pdp & everything in it, but its even more scaring that d so called degree holders with tags such as phd and others that even sturdied abroad with all manner of qualifications presently in dis goverment have just emptied our ECA within 9months and has presented to us for yr 2011 a budget of consumption and intends to borrow half of it externaly to finance the budget with huge deficit and massive depth portfolio. I guess u can see how we are faring with our phd holders leadership. CRAP
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Becomrichn: 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2011
many nigeria did not have master many year ago. many did not have first degree, that why it looks like I know everybody in power. there were only 21 universities. only 8 or so, offered engineering , everybody knows everybody.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Goddex: 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2011
Hmmmmm . . . All these hausa illiterates.

But, Atiku has tried with a 'diploma in hygiene', lol
Afterall, Shehu Shagari and Tafawa Balewa were primary school teachers.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2011
We also had a hair dresser nt too long ago as d speaker of house of rep and an exconvict was also once our president. In Nigeria there a loads of posibilities, anything can happen. with pdp d word impossible does nt exist just like Bank PHB advert
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Missy85(f): 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2011
Atiku's biggest problem is that, unlike most other politicians who manage to survive a lack of credibility, there seem to be universal acceptance that he is unfit to be president.

Mind you, he seems more articulate that a certain PhD holder.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Dede1(m): 2:38pm On Jan 08, 2011
I had rather vote for well-articulated market woman in Ariara International Market than GEJ, Buhari, Atiku or Ribadu. Nigerians must try to shy away from laying much emphasis on academia when choosing a leader. After all, most of the leaders that nursed USA to the position of superpower were tailors, cobblers and millers.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by reckless: 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2011
Despite his qualification, the almajiri mallam is more eloquent than GEJ's phD (phony hollow diploma).
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Missy85(f): 2:53pm On Jan 08, 2011
agree, qualification isn't everything.

In any case, as most of our universities now turn out dross, it's difficult to respect most of their certificates/diplomas/degrees.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by fstranger1: 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2011
Becomrich what did you study in the University?

Did you go to Uni of Ilorin?
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Xomba(m): 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2011
How can a Diploma holder rule a complex nation like ours.WEL MIRACLES ARE REAL EVEN IN D POLITICAL WORLD
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by tpia1: 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2011
He no try?
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Musiwa13: 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2011
I read electrical engineering.

This is the vice chancellor of the university with the sultan of sokoto you can go and ask him.

Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2011
I must've heard or read somewhere that the president or aspiring president of Nigeria must have at least a degree. . .No??
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Musiwa13: 4:10pm On Jan 08, 2011
Xomba , the same way , both of them have the same problem.  nigeria law allow anyone to .
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by fstranger1: 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2011
Musiwa,:

I read electrical engineering.

This is the vice chancellor of the university with the sultan of sokoto you can go and ask him.

Hey Becomrich,

Are you employed?
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by isalegan2: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2011
Forty years ago, everyone did not have the opportunity to go to university.  In fact, people who completed "standard 6" in the 60s were considered by some to have the equivalent education of those who completed Secondary "form 5" decades later.

I don't like this Atiku guy, but his having a diploma in Hygiene is the least of it.

Some trivia for those who always judge everything by American and European standards: Yes, in the USA, you need not have any post-secondary education to run for local or national office.  There are a number of state legislators who have only a high school diploma.  A college droupout almost became governor of a southeastern state in the last election - she was secretary of state (of GA) before that.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by fstranger1: 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2011
isale_gan2:

Forty years ago, everyone did not have the opportunity to go to university.  In fact, people who completed "standard 6" in the 60s were considered by some to have the equivalent education of those who completed Secondary "form 5" decades later.

I don't like this Atiku guy, but his having a diploma in Hygiene is the least of it.

Some trivia for those who always judge everything by American and European standards: Yes, in the USA, you need not have any post-secondary education to run for local or national office.  There are a number of state legislators who have only a high school diploma.  A college droupout almost became governor of a southeastern state in the last election - she was secretary of state (of GA) before that.

Again, you have put religion ahead of common sense.

He is aspiring to the highest post in the land, not to be governor.

In this century, education has become very important. And , in the developed world, the best and most educated people are the ones elected to lead them. Education is not everything,I agree. However, it is the most important thing in this age. He had the opportunity why did he not better himself?

The well known Yoruba adage goes thus: Omo Ti ako ko, loma ko Ile tako ta.

Atiku hasnt been well trained, his sole aim is to loot the treasury and anything to bring him down, IMO, is fair game.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Akainzo(m): 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2011
gregg2:

Atiku Abubakar's highest educational qualification is a Diploma in Hygiene?

I saw this on one of the adverts that appeared in a national daily on Friday, obviously posted by one of GEJ's supporters. It had ‘Experience’ as heading and the pictures of the two aspirants below it.

On the side of Jonathan, the advert had the following: ‘Ph.D, deputy governor, governor, vice president, acting president and president’. On the side of Atiku, it has ‘Diploma in Hygiene, nil, nil, vice president, nil and nil’ respectively. The advert went on to inscribe boldly under Jonathan ‘Humility’ and under Atiku ‘Emptiness’ and called on Nigerians to ‘Spot the difference’.

That was funny.

This just shows the kind of people surrounding our Ph.D holder. Obviously he is being advised by people of lower academic or intellectual abilities that this man with a Diploma in Hygiene.

Pray tell me, when did someone's academic qualification become an experience? This GEJ's team are a bunch delinquents in any intelligent abilities.
Obviously, it is lost on that guy that Atiku was already in line to be a Governor, and not a Deputy Governor, before he was selected as Vice President. So in essence, in 1999, Atiku was deemed qualified for a Governorship seat while GEJ was deemed for a Deputy.

Also, by 2003, Atiku was still found worthy of a VP position while GEJ was still deemed only good for Deputy Governor.

And the guy should be reminded that both of them were in the customs, while Atiku rose to the top echelons, GEJ could not rise even to the middle ranks.

Today, people can come out with people and ideas that Atiku contributed towards the OBJ administration, let someone tell us what GEJ contributed or people he nominated during the Yar'adua years.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Akainzo(m): 5:01pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger1:

He is aspiring for the highest post in the land, not to be governor.

In this century, education has become very important. And , in the developed world, the best and most educated people are the ones elected to lead them. Education is not everything,I agree. However, it is the most important thing in this age. He had the opportunity why did he not better himself?

The well known Yoruba adage goes thus: Omo Ti ako ko, loma ko Ile tako ta.

Atiku hasnt been well trained, his sole aim is to loot the treasury and anything to bring him down, IMO, is fair game.

My guy, you must be going off on an handle when you typed the above.

Please tell me which PhD holder led China to such development strides, which Professor led India to its current nuclear status or that Bush was a Professor of Engineering.

The last time I checked, Bill Gates that sat atop the most successful software company in the world was a school drop out. It is this craze for paper qualifications in Nigeria rather than abilities that has led us to where we are now. You have a bunch of graduates that cannot even write an application letter for a job.

For your information, Standard 6 holder in 1967, talk less of a Diploma holder, would dust most of your graduates of today. And you can even see the difference in the eloquence of a common Diploma holder compared to a PhD holder in your GEJ.

By the way, the educational qualification needed for Presidency is a School certificate.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by fstranger1: 5:04pm On Jan 08, 2011
Akainzo:

This just shows the kind of people surrounding our Ph.D holder. Obviously he is being advised by people of lower academic or intellectual abilities that this man with a Diploma in Hygiene.

Pray tell me, when did someone's academic qualification become an experience? This GEJ's team are a bunch delinquents in any intelligent abilities.
Obviously, it is lost on that guy that Atiku was already in line to be a Governor, and not a Deputy Governor, before he was selected as Vice President. So in essence, in 1999, Atiku was deemed qualified for a Governorship seat while GEJ was deemed for a Deputy.

Also, by 2003, Atiku was still found worthy of a VP position while GEJ was still deemed only good for Deputy Governor.

And the guy should be reminded that both of them were in the customs, while Atiku rose to the top echelons, GEJ could not rise even to the middle ranks.

Today, people can come out with people and ideas that Atiku contributed towards the OBJ administration, let someone tell us what GEJ contributed or people he nominated during the Yar'adua years.

Can you be any 'stupider?'

Ph.D education in whatever discipline is one of the hardest things to accomplish in life, probably only second to being launched into space.

A good Ph.D education entails rigorous problem solving skills. Ph,D education tests your understanding, comprehension, intelligence, attitude, and managerial skills. And what do you do as president again? Mostly, you manage and problem solve, of course in different situation, but the skills you use are somewhat the same.  The Ph.D education, like being a president, is a character building endeavor. And your ability to complete a Ph.D program tells a lot about your readiness, indirectly of course, to be entrusted with power.

If you cannot understand that experience and academics qualification go hand in hand, them you should not be allowed near a computer, let alone be allowed to use the internet.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by fstranger1: 5:06pm On Jan 08, 2011
Akainzo:

My guy, you must be going off on an handle when you typed the above.

[s]Please tell me which PhD holder led China to such development strides, which Professor led India to its current nuclear status or that Bush was a Professor of Engineering.

The last time I checked, Bill Gates that sat atop the most successful software company in the world was a school drop out. It is this craze for paper qualifications in Nigeria rather than abilities that has led us to where we are now. You have a bunch of graduates that cannot even write an application letter for a job.

For your information, Standard 6 holder in 1967, talk less of a Diploma holder, would dust most of your graduates of today. And you can even see the difference in the eloquence of a common Diploma holder compared to a PhD holder in your GEJ.[/s]

By the way, the educational qualification needed for Presidency is a School certificate.

I can tell that you never took SAT.

IF you did, you must have failed the analogy section woefully.

I rest my case, you are not worth my time!
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by isalegan2: 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger1:

Blah Blah Blah  angry  cry  angry  angry  cool    angry angry  Some more blah blah . . .

In case you missed it, my response was not directed at you.  Pure coincidence that we were both posting at the same time.

Furthermore, you completely misunderstood my post.

Don't talk to me.  Thanks.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by fstranger1: 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2011
isale_gan2:

In case you missed it, my response was not directed at you.  Pure conincidence that we were both posting at the same time.

Furthermore, you completely misunderstood my post.

Don't talk to me.  Thanks.

Look, I have been certified by Mensa, along side SEFAGO, as having one of the highest IQs in Nigeria, and in the top 2% in the world.

And I am well grounded in the classics and had high marks in my logic courses in college, obtaining commendation from my professors for my great reasoning ability.

There is no way I misunderstood your post.

And as a mulim, you are not allowed to quarrel with me. grin Again, remember the 3 -day rule, a hadith delivered by one of the 4th Umar.

(1) (2) (Reply)

American Family Of 6 Killed In Nigerian Plane Crash As It's Revealed. Pics / Former Lagos Governor Tinubu Involved In Drug Peddling Case In United States / Wow, A Must See. Can We Have Something Like This In Nigeria? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.