Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK (3456 Views)

Oshiomhole And His Wife Iara Pictured As They Left Nigeria For The US / On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin / Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? (2) (3) (4)

Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by shutmouth(m): 6:29pm On Feb 19, 2007
LEADERSHIP has confirmed that the vice president has left the country to the United Kingdom. Sources at the presidency confirmed that Atiku departed Nigeria yesterday aboard British Airways to London. No reasons have been given for this sudden trip.

It may however not be unconnected with the expected ruling of the Court of Appeal slated for tomorrow.

http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/product_info.php?products_id=1129

-------------------------
Finally on the run.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by McKren(m): 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2007
I wish the Presidency will remain silent and not react to this issue.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by Tornadoz(m): 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2007
I believe he will be returned to Nigeria if he is found guilty.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by shutmouth(m): 9:50pm On Feb 19, 2007
If Atiku is innocent (the way he claimed), he would not run a day to the judgment. He knew he would be arrested if the court verdict is against him.

He is a coward!!!

His suddent exit proves that Atiku is a lair and must not be trusted. Unfortunately, he has gone away to the wrong place UK. I would recommend North Korea.

The UK will extradite him once his immunity expires tomorrow and if he is officially charged to court for fraud by the EFCC.

This must serve as a warning to others especially Kalu and Co.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by mazaje(m): 10:01pm On Feb 19, 2007
is OBJ a better person than atiku? NO he is'nt . he is not a fool to have ran into a trap(UK) he wont be extradited he will be giving a mansion to live in, roman abromovic is wanted in russia for fraud and tax evasion but he has been given refuge in the UK.the former thailand president was over thrown in a military coup for corruption and he went striaght to the UK. noting will happen to Athief Abubakar if he looses at the court tommorow. he sure has friends there and they will definately protect him.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by debosky(m): 10:04pm On Feb 19, 2007
Obj is a vindictive man, If I were Atiku, I would run too.

the judgement is [i]not [/i]about whether he is guilty of anything or not, its about whether he can be a sitting VP if he has gone to another party

OBj will arrest him if he is no longer VP, effectively removing his immunity and any chances of contesting elections. That is what he is trying to avoid
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by alabiyemmy(m): 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2007
where is this news from?
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by OmoEko1(f): 11:33pm On Feb 19, 2007
good question
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by Badman888(m): 12:30am On Feb 20, 2007
I read it yesterday, but 4gotten where if i find the link i would put it up.

If Atiku is innocent why should he run away. He knows if he is not the VP again he is goin to be in big trouble with Obj.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by McKren(m): 12:36am On Feb 20, 2007
I simply dont understand why a man who has won so many court cases is afraid of the court this time. Except he is trying to tell Nigerians that there is a link between him being VP and his litany of judicial victories.
I think its hi-time we ensure our courts are fit for purpose. I simply dont understand how judges rule in favour of illegality.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by shutmouth(m): 1:42am On Feb 20, 2007
where is this news from?

LEADERSHIP

As Atiku Flees Nigeria,
AC Protests FG’s Plans To Arrest VP
The Action Congress (AC) yesterday berated President Olusegun Obasanjo over reports that the federal government was planning to arrest Vice President Atiku Abubakar and charge him with sedition, if the Court of Appeal rules against him tomorrow

http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/product_info.php?products_id=1129
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by stanech: 2:46am On Feb 20, 2007

Now this is the beggining of real politics

Please all those who supports Atiku should tell us why thier boss is on the run.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by LiquidMind(m): 3:09am On Feb 20, 2007
This News Is Really Magic Indeed , And Not Only Any Kind Of Magic But America Wonder

Atiku can do amazing America Wonder Magic before our eyes,

Maybe he has run with his tail between his legs like dog
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by Mamajama(m): 5:04am On Feb 20, 2007
HABA do you guys think it's easy for people like ATIKU to eat gari and KULI KULI? haba they are used to eating steak and now that RIBADU is knocking at his door steps. he has no option but to run. I've said it once and I am saying it again, if ATIKU is innocent then his latest action nullify any speech or credibility that he has.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by Jakumo(m): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2007
Atiku will be hunted down by the British police and deported back to his waiting cell at Kirikiri while his court trial is under way. He has proved himself to be a flight risk, but he won't get far. Ha ha ha. Jail that fat phuck and throw away the key. Yeah buddy !
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by Bolarge(m): 9:17am On Feb 20, 2007
Roger that. grin
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by McKren(m): 10:54am On Feb 20, 2007
the presidency should not send ribadu or el-rufai to come and counter what atiku says. they will only give credence to atiku's tactics. what he does with eu or us is of no consequence to nigerian internal affairs. the presidency should concentrate on winning the case in courts, unsitting atiku and conducting credible polls.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by chidichris(m): 11:51am On Feb 20, 2007
running away from nigeria does not mean guilty though Atiku never said he is innocent but he is saying he is not alone in the business and that let all of them sink together.
i have known atiku as a criminal but i am only taking side with him because he is singing. he has been trying to convience the country that everybody in aso rock is involved.
that has been why he keep on saying obj did this, obj did that so that he will not die alone.
he is guilty for sure and 99% of his allegation against his boss are truth because they know each other better than we do.
in reality, obj is surposed to lead the campeign for atiku for president but here it is on the contrary becase they know each other's secrets.
if we say he is running because he knows he is guilty, does it mean that Andy Uba is not guilty? will it be another way to say that the likes of Tony anenih and Bode George are upright.
atiku will be a bigger fool if he waits till they arrest him.
selected justice is the order of the day and we all know that.
the most corrup person in nigeria today is obj as it is seen is his ability to shade people who have been living and dinning in corruption.
personally i lost cofidence in him when Mustapha told nigerians how obj was selected to be the president of nigeria or did we not see his re-election in 2003.
his position as the president and minster petrolium for seven and half years has only made him one of the richest men in nigeria leaving the citizens as destitutes in a blessed country like nigeria.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by ugodaniel(m): 11:55am On Feb 20, 2007
YOU GUYS ARE ALL FOOLS!

ALWAYS VERIFY YOUR STORIES BEFORE POSTING

ATIKU WENT TO LONDON FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH BBC STUDIOS

THE APPEAL COURT TODAY RULED IN HIS FAVOUR!

BREAKING NEWS: Atiku defeats Obasanjo at the Appeal Court

Last View on Tue 20th February, 2007
Last Modified on Tue 20th February, 2007 10:40:12 am
Author: AdminSahara

The Federal Appeal Court sitting in Abuja  today rules that President Obasanjo doesn't have any right to sack his Vice ,Atiku Abubakar. The entire court area in Abuja went wild in jubilation over the ruling.

The Appeal Judges in their ruling insisted that the allegiance of the Vice President should be to the constitution not to the President.

Meanwhile, Vice President Atiku and AC  presidential flagbearer has picked his Vice Presidential candidate. He is Senator Ben Obi from Anambra State.

More details soon,

http://saharareporters.com

Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by scribe(m): 12:17pm On Feb 20, 2007
@ugodaniel
You don't have to insult those that posted earlier in this thread. They only reported what information they got. Afterall your own information was not completely flawless.
Indeed the saharareporter confirmed that VP Atiku is presently not in Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by Afam(m): 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2007
You need not advice him, only nonentities will rush to insult others simple because they disagree with certain positions.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by McKren(m): 12:51pm On Feb 20, 2007
The money wey Atiku give all this students for Cyprus never finish na him make dem dey do gra gra. Lets wait and see
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by Mariory(m): 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2007
ugodaniel:

Last View on Tue 20th February, 2007
Last Modified on Tue 20th February, 2007 10:40:12 am
Author: AdminSahara

The Federal Appeal Court sitting in Abuja today rules that President Obasanjo doesn't have any right to sack his Vice ,Atiku Abubakar. The entire court area in Abuja went wild in jubilation over the ruling.

The Appeal Judges in their ruling insisted that the allegiance of the Vice President should be to the constitution not to the President.

Meanwhile, Vice President Atiku and AC presidential flagbearer has picked his Vice Presidential candidate. He is Senator Ben Obi from Anambra State.

More details soon,

http://saharareporters.com

Absolutely pointless, seeing as he will still be disqualified from contesting. My guess is, he will stay in London.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by mowapa(m): 2:38pm On Feb 20, 2007
Atiku biggest victory will come at the poll, he may not win,but he will have exercised his right as a citizen to vote and be voted for. the electorate citizen should still have the last word cool on who governs them. Soldier on MR V.P
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by drlawng(m): 5:18pm On Feb 20, 2007
Afam:

You need not advice him, only nonentities will rush to insult others simple because they disagree with certain positions.

Afam, You just described yourself. The above describes your genetic make-up. If you doubt my assertion, review all your previous posts objectively and be true to yourself. I am expecting a loads of insults from you as usaual except you have been miraculously changed.

Here goes , , , /////
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by Afam(m): 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2007
I am only replying your nonsense because some users may not know the history.

Unless you are blind you must have read where I have stated over and over again that I have never insulted anyone on this forum but I have always returned insults to those that send them my way simply because I have a different view and no apologies for that.

I hope you enjoyed the one I sent your way after your lies and insults when the lies were exposed?
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by shutmouth(m): 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2007
Afam, enough!!!

I have never read any meaningful post on this forum contributed by you except few with insults.

Just grow up.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by Afam(m): 5:39pm On Feb 20, 2007
shutmouth:

Afam, enough!!!

I have never read any meaningful post on this forum contributed by you except few with insults.

Just grow up.

You must be extremely stupid. I am not here to write posts that are meaningful to you. It may be that your level of understanding is suspect and you have not realized it yet.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by debosky(m): 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2007
enough of the insults already!

Atiku has won the court case, yet again, defeating the FG for the upteenth time in court. Obj should just try to frustrate the man by making him waste his energy on court cases, Atiku's legal team is very good, Obj will never defeat him via the courts, everything he has thrown at Atiku has failed.

He'll be back soon, maybe given another 'triumphant entry' welcome for winning this latest court case, now that is a masterstroke of a political genius
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by shutmouth(m): 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2007
You must be extremely stupid. I am not here to write posts that are meaningful to you. It may be that your level of understanding is suspect and you have not realized it yet.

Afam, I bet the moderator of this forum will ban you soon.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by Afam(m): 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2007
shutmouth:

Afam, I bet the moderator of this forum will ban you soon.

Try to get in touch with you so as to speed up the process. You think he is an egg head like you who decides what is right or wrong based on your warped sense of judgement, silly thing.

Maybe I have not been banned because I am only responding to idiots like you who insult others for disagreeing with you and later turn around to cry like babies when they are responded to in kind.
Re: Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK by mowapa(m): 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2007
ATIKU 6 12
} grin
OBJ 0

Satellite Picture Of Igboland / 3 People That Can Stop Boko Haram-Oritsejafor / Buhari’s PTF Days: The Untold Story