Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? (4166 Views)

US War College Says Muhammadu Buhari Was Awarded A Diploma In 1980 (photo) / On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin / Atiku Has Left Nigeria For UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Musiwa13: 5:22pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger1 what you need for been a president is not PHD, but street smart.Obama is street smart, he is from the dark side of town. that was why D. Cheney was vice president.  
D. Cheney is street smart. having PHD does not mean you know anything. now look at the billionaires in the world. How many PHD holder do you find in them. it tell you, to manage people, it goes beyoud PHD.  
don rumsfeld is street smart

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYZntRDwNdm6IBXAnracxB-hvO-JJ6VMp96VrR0JGGB3Udo8zw[/img]
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Akainzo(m): 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger1:

Can you be any 'stupider?'

Ph.D education in whatever discipline is one of the hardest things to accomplish in life, probably only second to being launched into space.

A good Ph.D education entails rigorous problem solving skills. Ph,D education tests your understanding, comprehension, intelligence, attitude, and managerial skills. And what do you do as president again? Mostly, you manage and problem solve, of course in different situation, but the skills you use are somewhat the same.  The Ph.D education, like being a president, is a character building endeavor. And your ability to complete a Ph.D program tells a lot about your readiness, indirectly of course, to be entrusted with power.

If you cannot understand that experience and academics qualification go hand in hand, them you should not be allowed near a computer, let alone be allowed to use the internet.

My guy, you are quite an uneducated man that has only gone through school. A PhD gives you only in-depth knowledge of that narrow field of academic study and does not translate into an experience for administration.

Ok. let me break it down for you, after high school, you can do 4 years Graduate, 1 year post graduate and 2 years doctorate in Electrical Engineering. When you come out, you would still not be qualified to work in any company that has advertised for an Electrical Engineer with 3 years experience. Do you now understand what experience means?
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Akainzo(m): 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger1:

I can tell that you never took SAT.

IF you did, you must have failed the analogy section woefully.

I rest my case, you are not worth my time!

Hmmm, should I tell you my SAT equivalent scores, you'd be ashamed you allowed money be wasted sending you to school without being educated.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Dede1(m): 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2011
It is unfortunate few people are totally misusing the word: EDUCATION in their carriage of this argument. EDUCATION is not limited to the process of obtaining certificates from institution established through western civilization. Most of the contributors to this discuss had insinuated that to obtain any form of certificate from schools styled in the western civilization curriculum amounts to education. This stream of thought, mainly among Africans, is the bane of the continent’s socio-politico-economic growth.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by fstranger1: 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2011
Akainzo:

My guy, you are quite an uneducated man that has only gone through school. A PhD gives you only in-depth knowledge of that narrow field of academic study and does not translate into an experience for administration.

Ok. let me break it down for you, after high school, you can do 4 years Graduate, 1 year post graduate and 2 years doctorate in Electrical Engineering. When you come out, you would still not be qualified to work in any company that has advertised for an Electrical Engineer with 3 years experience. [b]Do you now understand what experience means?[/b]

Obviously we have had different educational experiences.

I used to think like you when I was in Nigeria. But after years of rigorous education  in the US, I now know what real education is

Little wonder, you and your ilk are unemployable. Arrant educated illiterates.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by fstranger1: 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
Akainzo:

Hmmm, should I tell you my SAT equivalent scores, you'd be ashamed you allowed money be wasted sending you to school without being educated.

Are you comparing WAEC or JAMB to SAT?
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by isalegan2: 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2011
Someone is intent on ruining my weekend.  That troublesome poster and now pics of Rumsfeld popping up without warning.  angry  Yeah, Richard Cheney is the devil.

fstranger1:

Look, I have been certified by Mensa, along side SEFAGO, as having one of the highest IQs in Nigeria, and in the top 2% in the world.

And I am well grounded in the classics and had high marks in my logic courses in college, obtaining commendation from my professors for my great reasoning ability.

There is no way I misunderstood your post.

And as a mulim, you are not allowed to quarrel with me. grin Again, remember the 3 -day rule, a hadith delivered by one of the 4th Umar.

Stranger, You've reached conclusions about me.  Fine.  I have made observations about you and have very pertinent insight about your personality, your academic background, your worldview.  I could tell you why you are the way you are, what obstacles will come your way as a result, and how you will come to realize the error of your ways. . . but I'm too kind.  smiley

Worst of all, I strongly suspect you and Sefago are one and the same.  sad

I acknowledge you know the Hadith more than me.  But I don't know the "4th Umar" you speak of, butthead!
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by fstranger1: 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2011
isale_gan2:

Someone is intent on ruining my weekend.  That troublesome poster and now pics of Rumsfeld popping up without warning.  angry  Yeah, Richard Cheney is the devil.

Stranger, You've reached conclusions about me.  Fine.  I have made observations about you and have very pertinent insight about your personality, your academic background, your worldview.  I could tell you why you are the way you are, what obstacles will come your way as a result, and how you will come to realize the error of your ways. . . but I'm too kind.  smiley

Worst of all, I strongly suspect you and Sefago are one and the same.  sad

I acknowledge you know the Hadith more than me.  But I don't know the "4th Umar" you speak of, butthead!

Seriously, I want to know!

FYI, I am not SEFAGO

He is into thermo and physics and shyyt, I am not.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Akainzo(m): 5:58pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger1:

Obviously we have had different educational experiences.

I used to think like you when I was in Nigeria. But after years of rigorous education  in the US, I now know what real education is

Little wonder, you and your ilk are unemployable. Arrant educated illiterates.

You see the stupidity in your fallacy now. And how many US Presidents have been Professors so that they were deemed to have experience?

Little wonder that when those Nigerians with secondary school education behind them in Nigeria get to US and UK, they are almost always the best in their class. Outperforming the locals that have been schooled the US way all this while.

You amuse me really with your bolded statement. The UK home office sure didn't think so when approving my HSMP.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Akainzo(m): 6:02pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger1:

Are you comparing WAEC or JAMB to SAT?

For your information, the people passing SAT, GRE and TOEFFL in Nigeria are the same ones passing WAEC and JAMB in Nigeria. And like I said, after scaling that huddle, they almost always are the best in their class, outperforming those that have been schooled the US way all along.

And I dare say WAEC is much tougher than SAT. Go ask people that have done the two. The problem now is the educational system that is on the decline. But when it was at peak, SAT was definitely not comparable to it.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by isalegan2: 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger1:

Seriously, I want to know!

FYI, I am not SEFAGO

He is into thermo and physics and shyyt, I am not.

Did you ever see an episode of Taxi where Latka or whatever his name, in one of his lucid moments, came to a realization that would shed light on Alex's problems and improve his life henceforth.  As he was about to tell Alex and help him towards a new and better life, Latka's old befuddled personality took over.  Poor Alex never received the advice he desperately needed.  

Hehehehe.  You're Alex.  But I'm not Latka.  Tough noogies.

Back on topic:
I didn't say education is not important
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by fstranger1: 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2011
Akainzo:

You see the stupidity in your fallacy now. And how many US Presidents have been Professors so that they were deemed to have experience?

Little wonder that when those Nigerians with secondary school education behind them in Nigeria get to US and UK, they are almost always the best in their class. Outperforming the locals that have been schooled the US way all this while.

Well, well, well

What ignorance hath thou!

I rest my case!
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by fstranger1: 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2011
isale_gan2:

Did you ever see an episode of Taxi where Latka or whatever his name, in one of his lucid moments, came to a realization that would shed light on Alex's problems and improve his life henceforth.  As he was about to tell Alex and help him towards a new and better life, Latka's old befuddled personality took over.  Poor Alex never received the advice he desperately needed.  

Hehehehe.  You're Alex.  But I'm not Latka.  Tough noogies.

Back on topic:
I didn't say education is not important
WTF is TAXI? Latka? and Alex?

Akainzo:

For your information, the people passing SAT, GRE and TOEFFL in Nigeria are the same ones passing WAEC and JAMB in Nigeria. And like I said, after scaling that huddle, they almost always are the best in their class, outperforming those that have been schooled the US way all along.
And I dare say WAEC is much tougher than SAT. Go ask people that have done the two. The problem now is the educational system that is on the decline. But when it was at peak, SAT was definitely not comparable to it.

I did the two and I have friends that have done the two and we dare not come to such baseless conclusions.

Anyway, you can believe whatever you want to believe. Enjoy!
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Akainzo(m): 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger1:

I did the two and I have friends that have done the two and we dare not come to such baseless conclusions.

Anyway, you can believe whatever you want to believe. Enjoy!

Now I understand, you were basing your conclusion on how tough it was for YOU and your LAZY FRIENDS to pass SAT!  shocked shocked
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by fstranger1: 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2011
Akainzo:

Now I understand, you were basing your conclusion on how tough it was for YOU and your LAZY FRIENDS to pass SAT!  shocked shocked

LOL

If you say so

Have a nice day!

Actually, we did not pass, we all FAILED! Cant you tell?
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2011
all this noise about gej's phd in zooloogy

puhleeze

a phd in zoology from a third tier university

i wonder how many papers the fellow even published.

gej is just your typical nigerian lecturer. maybe those outide nigeria are fazed by his phd, but those of u within are certainly not

we know enough 'doctors' with nothing upstairs, and gej fits squarely in that category

he doesn't even come across as a person who actively lectured students - if he did he would have enough crowd experienec and not be making daft statements all over the place.

if gej had read some highly cerebral course like econmics, engineering, or law, or if he had some form of international recognition/accolades, all this phd noise would make sense

sadly his phd comes across as the empty meaningless paper certification so many nigerians are renowned for
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by ekubear1: 7:41pm On Jan 08, 2011
Missy85:
Atiku's biggest problem is that, unlike most other politicians who manage to survive a lack of credibility, there seem to be universal acceptance that he is unfit to be president.

Can you elaborate on this? Unfit in what way? Corruption, incompetence, or something else. . . ?

Corruption I'll agree with, but I suspect that he'd otherwise be competent.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Nsiman(m): 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
Competent in looting our treasury abi?
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Nsiman(m): 8:43pm On Jan 08, 2011
His diploma is a year's diploma, it might be a correspondence study
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Goddex: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2011
Atiku actually behave like a motor-park tout.
He should go back to school.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by slap1(m): 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2011
Educational qualification(s) is not a prerequisite for being the president of a country, but with a diploma in health, Atiku should be a clerk in Adamawa State Ministry of Health.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by ELDERLAGON: 7:37pm On Jan 11, 2011
Atiku has diplomas in Hygiene and Law.With these,he can not be said to be uneducated.Some people were very brilliant when they were growing UP,but never had an opportunity to go to the universities(may be because of financial constraint or lack of exposure to financial aid/scholarship.
With Atiku diplomas,he joined the Customs and became an Assistant Director(now assistant comptroller of customs),attending many in-service trainings and courses to brush up himself.If you know the dynamics of Nigerian public service,you will agree with me that for someone to have risen to the position Atiku reached in the customs,he must have been exposed to a series of management/executive courses that would have put him in good stead to carry out his duties effectively.
My dad was never awarded a university degree,but he was the brain behind most of the government building projects in the Old western Region,later Oyo state,then Osun state.He passed the Ministry of Labour /productivity trade test 1,2,3 and City and Guilds exams at once sitting. He has an excellent understanding of all aspects of building technology(including Architecture).Records show that he attended management courses in the Uk,UI and Russia(sponsored by Nigerian government).In 1993,he retired from the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources as an Assistant Director,after serving for 37 years.if you meet him ,you will know that he is very intelligent and skilled in his profession.
For Ebele,he spent 10 years to finish his doctoral thesis.Why?He could not withstand the expected mental and academic stamina the programme of such level entails.
By their fruits we shall know them. All the Phd HOLDERS I have met in my life are very organised and cerebral.Ebele is an isolation.For this reason,I doubt the quality of his PhD.Gbam
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by isalegan2: 12:14am On Jan 12, 2011
ELDERLAGON:

. . .Some people were very brilliant when they were growing UP,but never had an opportunity to go to the universities(may be because of financial constraint or lack of exposure to financial aid/scholarship.

. . .My dad was never awarded a university degree,but he was the brain behind most of the government building projects in the Old western Region,later Oyo state,then Osun state.He passed the Ministry of Labour /productivity trade test 1,2,3 and City and Guilds exams at once sitting. He has an excellent understanding of all aspects of building technology(including Architecture).Records show that he attended management courses in the Uk,UI and Russia(sponsored by Nigerian government).In 1993,he retired from the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources as an Assistant Director,after serving for 37 years.if you meet him ,you will know that he is very intelligent and skilled in his profession.

Don't mind them, o jare.  Your dad sounds awesome.  He reminds me of my beloved grandad (RIP). 

You're right.  Not everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential.  There are many people with no certificates attesting to their "genius," that are actually very smart and very effective people and lord know what they could have done for our country if given the opportunity.

I still don't like Atiku though, but yes, I hate the idea of looking down on people because they don't have one degree or the other.

That word "illiterate" sould be removed from our lexicon.  At least the way we use it in Nigeria.  It is so offensive.

The stupidest person (White American too) I know has a doctorate.  From an American University.  True story.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Goddex: 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2011
@ELDERLAGON
Boy, stop your defence of illiteracy. Atiku talks and act like a tout. That is a sign of illiteracy. Stop referring us back to the days of your father or grandfather.
The trend around the world these days is that leaders of countries are well-educated.
President Barack Obama for instance is a University Professor.

'Diploma in Hygiene' is not enough for a person who desires to rule Nigeria in this 21st Century. This is not Shagari or Tafawa Balewa's time.
Re: Atiku Has Just A 'diploma In Hygiene'? by Jakumo(m): 1:56pm On Jan 12, 2011
If he is successful in rigging himself in power, Former Nigerian vice president and convicted money launderer Mullah Atiku would need that mail-order diploma in hygiene to determine whether or not all available public funds have been thoroughly CLEANED OUT during the heat of his planned treasury looting spree as Nigeria's next president.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Popular Yoruba Actor, Lekan Lekinson Dies / Former Lagos Governor Tinubu Involved In Drug Peddling Case In United States / Wow, A Must See. Can We Have Something Like This In Nigeria? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.