Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? (51302 Views)

Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? / Have You Ever Lost Everything You Worked For? / How You Can Use Bitter Kola For Spiritual Benefits: Knowledge That Makes A Diffe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by alexsoftwork(m): 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
The funny thing is as I was reading all this touching stories about love one, cool FM dey play me memories by maroon 5.

Feeling somehow.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Nharncygrace(f): 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
I was in school that fateful day when my younger sis called me that she’s at home with my mum that she’s finding it difficult to breathe.i didn’t know what to do at that particular moment then I told her to call my dad in which I was also trying to call him all to no avail then I made steps to start coming home from school.i was scared cos of the traffic but I later decided to go home but was still calling my dad,then he later pickup his call and he told me that he was in church that’s why he was not able to pickup my call,he said I should go back to school that’s late and I can come back early the next morning.in my mind I kept on praying for her,I wasn’t able to sleep throughout that day then I got a call in the middle of the night from my younger sister on phone crying that my mum can’t breathe again that she’s rushed to the hospital but she still have hope she’s alive cos she polluted and dedicated on her body.i rushed out from school when I heard it but I still have hope she’s alive and all will be well since my sister told me she polluted and dedicated on her body.when I got there I was told she was transferred to another hospital,on getting to the hospital my dad called me that I should give God the glory and all is well and I should be praising God, I tried to comprehend all what he said but he didn’t say those words in a happy tone.i had to mount on a bike to the hospital even though it not far to where I was.when I got there I saw my dad walking up and down with his cloth not properly worn and I saw him crying,that would be the first time of me seeing him crying.i muttered to myself that hope it’s not what I’m thinking.then I asked of my mum,I saw my mum in the car lying lifeless.that day I thought I was dreaming,I tried all my possible best to wake her up but she just smiled ,it was as if she was smiling.i prayed for a miracle,I prayed fervently hoping I will get a call from the morgue that she moved her limbs or she sneezed.up till now I’ve not recovered from the shock.we both saw this year together in good health but she never see the ending but ended up at March..my worst day ever.

17 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by izudon82: 1:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
My immediate younger brother. Uche by name who died on 14th Of October 2014. ����

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by thundafire: 1:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
ojun50:
My dad
Bt he pass on yesterday
May his soul rest in peace

The worst part is I can't leave where I am because of the lock down
sorry bro

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by zedegit: 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
My Dad: I still miss him, a peace loving and dedicated man. My Uncle killed him diabolically through a gift my Dad gave him. Yeah, he confessed. My Dad that was strong and drives himself, started shaking and down with fever all of a sudden. cry

He was sick for many years and died. When he died, I was struggling to finish amidst a myriad of carryovers in an institution so I wasn't there. I got a call and rushed home, see sympathizers everywhere, vex enter inside, go collect cry. cry

I still miss him. He once told me I could do better in my studies if I left plessing phone. How I wish I could tell him I later graduated from that school. cry

Lamanii22 abeg come and console me. sad

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by ibawon(m): 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
This is a Strong Reminder to every one reading and to me typing this that SOMEDAY we shall all DIE.
It now remains to you how you want to be REMEMBERED

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Judybash93(m): 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
Yeah. My brother and a very good family member.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by justsaypeter001(m): 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
My sister's husband. April 20 2006. He left my sister with 5 children with first born almost clocking 15 years then. He was like a big brother to me then. He took me like his own blood. The journey was to rough for my sister and her children. I cried like a new born baby for years after his demise...still crying now. He was just too nice with a brighter future till death took him away from us. Sleep on Ogunranti Mudasiru Abiola. We shall see again

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by slaypapa: 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
I can never forget my younger sister Kate. She was just five years when my parents died and we were left to the mercy of this cold world to fend for ourselves. I was only nine years then in the village.

What hurt most is that, the elders gave the custody of my little sister who was very healthy to an old woman who is a relation of my father. After just two weeks my sister fell ill and the woman returned my sister back to the family house.

After two days, I went to the farm in the evening to help someone work so he can give me little money for upkeep. On my return in the evening, they told me that my little sister is gone and buried. What hurt most I that I couldn't see her for the last time. It's been 24yrs now but it still hurts. embarassed

16 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by folaisha: 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
My dad,who valued the education of a girl child.He passed on 2015.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by hennylove(f): 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
My son the hurt is too much. He fought for life from the day he was born till he gave at 7plus.I always feel like shouting to let out my grief.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by alexsoftwork(m): 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
Katier00:
My Dad though he was 79 at that time but I was only 22 so I knew him for only 22 years. He was our fighter, he stood the gap for us, he never miss the 3am divine mercy. He was the man that taught me selflessness, a man of peace. I was hospitalized four days before his death, he came to visit me and was pained. He cried to God and said, father I will not bury any of my children again, it is my life for hers and four days later he died in his sleep peacefully. He stood in for me. Ten years later it is still painful and tears rolling down my cheeks. Rest on Sir Ben. Your daughter is a grown woman doing well for herself. Till we meet at Jesus' feet

My mother in-law, Electric oku oyibo as I always called you. My friend and my gossip partner. She was a paragon of beauty both in and out. She died same year as my Dad, 9 months later. Electric ASA nwanyi, I miss you so much. Things would have been different if you were here. I am sorry I ended things with your son, you guys were of different kind, he is the opposite of you and you knew it, that's why you stood by me. I miss you everyday oku oyibo though you came back as my second son, I still miss that elegant wonderful and caring mother in-law. I would have stayed because of you but you left leaving me vulnerable and to my fate. You are one in a million.

Wow! This your story Is very very touching
Stay strong sis

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
Biglittlelois:
My Aunt, she left this world (dec. 2016) without having a child, her husband ran away when we found out he was the one with fertility problem after decades of suffering and torture, making people believe she was the problem, and the funny and annoying thing was, she believed, hoped and prayed her husband will come back to her and they will have kids, but it never happened, she simply slept and didn't wake up,

Rest on Aunt Kemi, we all still miss you terribly cry

mehnnn... this story got me.. its really a sad one. can't believe she passed through all that and still never lived to her the happy ending....this. is not fair... am really sorry. pls accept my condolence

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by nijiatech78: 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
My beloved Mother. 15th February 2019. I have never been the same again. Ahhhh life cry

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Kim22(f): 1:16pm On Apr 26, 2020
Micah Inyang Edwards,
He was a very good & supportive friend, very nice. He always call me, buy me gifts and also very generous.
He would not mind taking me to the Salon to make my hair, he would take me out . Give me everything, anything. I really liked him, at one point , I might have started to fall in love with him , not because of the gifts (I can afford all those things) but because he was caring.

He begged me many times to be his girlfriend friend,but I told him "NO" many times because he uses drugs & he wasn't ready to change. He was a womanizer but I still liked him.

I was always there for him too because I had a good job. I have never asked for anything but even after telling him "N0" , he continues to spoil me.

No one has ever treated me like that before, he was my best friend.

He travelled to South Africa many years ago, he moved on , I moved on.Last year, I decided to check his Facebook page & I saw RIP written many times on his wall.

I never knew he had passed away, I still don't know what killed him, I never even knew he passed away 2 or 3 years ago.

So painful ��.

RIP MICAH

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Chevrolet076(m): 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
My greatest loss was my 2 immediate siblings, I can remember the day we lost the second sibling, a very beautiful and adorable girl, I can remember trying to understand what was going on, I was told to bring lots of things from many people, different drugs just to revive her. I can remember getting back into the house, meeting my mum crying uncontrollably, I can remember going into the room where she was laid down, already becoming stiff, I can remember trying to make her stand up, touching her cold hands and charred feet from the burning effect of candle they wanted to use to revive her... That was the second sibling. The loss of my siblings totally stole away my childhood as I was left with so many traumas. Seen my parents in their saddest state. It makes the loss of any other loved one a very scary experience for me. I don't want to lose anyone again!!! . Rest in peace brother and sister..... How sweet if we could all grow up together cry cry cry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by httpfelix: 1:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
The death of my beautiful header sister the bread winner of the family
May her Saul rest in peace (2009/2010) cry cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
My elder brother did 7 years ago on 27th April. Brilliant young man who got his PhD at 31 years. He inspired young people around him and got several awards at uni in the UK. But beyond all that, he was that big brother who walked me to school and never let anyone bully me.
He died at 34 years, slumped while playing basketball with friends.
It hurts me so bad to this day, there's this deep endless hole of pain in my soul to this day.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Djyucee1(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lost my kid brother 2 years ago. I used to be the only boy for 10 years until he came. I watched him grow. He died I his 300 level as a result of boat mishap while on a picnic with his friends. May his soul rest in peace

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Heineken(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
bestabigaelever:
(1)Aunty Bola was our choir Mistress, we didn't get along very well but when she died she left behind 3 small children.. Till today I always remember her just like yesterday, whenever I see Inioluwa, the first carrying the last boy in her back, I always cry
(2)Otun was iyalode's 1st son in my town, he was nice and charming, the thing is nobody knew him like I did, he asked me for permission for everything, when I had of his accident I couldn't ate for days, Blessing told me his body parts were scattered..it's so painful
(3)mummy oyin was my mummy's best friend, her death pain me till today, she never eat the fruits of her labor
wow. This your talk make tears drop from my eyes walai. Sorry mama

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
My dad, my everything, my next love after God, the one who treated me like a princess, the one who ensured I had everything, the one who worked so I could eat, go to school, the one who tried to raise me well, he instilled good morals in me, was never a dead beat dad. My dad over my mum always, every moment with him I enjoyed (well, save for the times I failed in school, some spanking), always made me and my bro happy.
Kept saying he was working for me and my bro, he was my hero, my favourite person in the world, and epitome of excellence, a true and loving father, protective of his own. He was everything good!
Unfortunately, he died when I was 12 and still in primary school, he had been terribly sick and had had to leave Abuja for Ib to be treated, I remember having wanted to go with him but there was no more space in the car so I had to ßtay back, before he got in the car, he looked at me and I saw tears in his eyes, he wept and I said goodbye to him to which he responded in a sad tone. He left and I would sit by the corner of the class when classes are were going on and cry, one day I got a call and was told my dad was dead that's the day my life changed, it never remained the same, like I fell from grace to grass. One day I had a dream (his posthumous birthday), I asked him why he died and how he had died but he only said not to worry, that I'd never understand.
I'm in my mid twenties now and no day goes without me thinking of him. I cried almost everyday till i was about 24, I've stopped now but still do once in a while but I think of my papa everyday!!! I love him even in death, although I would have been in a better place now if he wasn't dead and had almost everything, I must admit that his death has molded and is still molding me into being a better person, it's taught me to be compassionate, hardworking, industrious, patient and the power there is in never giving up. I still remember how he'd tell me that if I didn't work hard and smart I'd end up being broke and married to a wretch (I'm sure he was just scaring me but...). His death has taught me to work, work, work and work, to believe in myself, to save and a lot more.
He was a fine and gentle soul, full of life, kind but his anger was something else, he may be dead but I will ensure I make him proud even in his grave and on my wedding day, I fear the tears I'd shed!
RIP to my dad, it's been 14 years : embarassed embarassed sad and I couldn't help but cry while typing this

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Ytea(f): 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
I ask for strength and joy for everyone grieving.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by adun99(f): 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
Yes. My mother it's over 5years but the pain still lingers

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by gibsonwales(m): 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lost my older brother 14years ago and my dad, 9years ago. I had to listen to R.Kelly's 'I wish' this morning, just to reminisce.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by opera1(m): 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
Yes, the most precious and promising pillar in our family fell @ the age of 35 in 2012.

The whole family is still crying directly or indirectly till today.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Katier00(f): 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
alexsoftwork:

Wow! This your story Is very very touching
Stay strong sis
that which will not kill us, will only make yours stronger. Thanks dear

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Samfloxin(m): 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
prettyangel10:
My two brothers died within the space of one year. The first one which is our first born died of heart related issues, was with him in the hospital for one month, he was discharged and three months after, he gave up the ghost.

Then our last born, had a dream about him that we were mourning him, I prayed about it, got family members involved in the prayers but three months after, he was having lunch/break time at work, and he choked on the meat in his mouth, rushed to the hospital but was too late.

I've always cried each time I remember the memories of the two of them. cant take them off my mind. Continue to rest in peace my lovely brothers.
Continue praying for your family ceaselessly cos these deaths honestly are not ordinary

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by LisTim(m): 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
The death of my Dad is very painful to me; he told me on phone that he has helped me to charge my Android phone and he has left the phone with the woman beside his office that I should collect it from her, not knowing that, that will be our last conversation. When he was murdered some minutes not to an hour to that time.
I believe God will exposed those that did it.
15th of November 2019 is an unforgettable memory.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by abutujj: 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
Junkie1:
MY DAD THAT NIGGA FVCKED ME UP
your moniker suits your mentioned
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Evablizin(f): 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
ojun50:
My dad
Bt he pass on yesterday
May his soul rest in peace

The worst part is I can't leave where I am because of the lock down
So sorry for your loss,i feel your pain,i lost my dad 4yrs ago.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Heineken(m): 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
The worst and painful death is that of one's mother. E go be like say life don end sef for person eyes. God abeg no allow my mum die now o.. If not ehn, I fit even kill myself. I fit cope if popsy die though I no pray am. Mumsy ehn, God abeg o.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by DriggityDre: 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2020
My maternal grandfather when I was 8...
Funny enough, I never paid attention to him....
My maternal grandmother died when my mother was 8....
My paternal grandfather was killed by a hit-and-run-case in 1993... He didn't look both ways before crossing the road...
My paternal grandmother is the only grandparent left.

Painful memories...
God rest their souls. I'll live for them.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply)

Fighting Couple Fall From Third Story Balcony(pics,vid) / Unidentified Girl Spotted In Port Harcourt. Who Can Identify Her Please? (Photos / Man Impregnates Sister-In-Law In Lagos. His Wife Got Impregnated By Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.