Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? (51200 Views)

Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? / Have You Ever Lost Everything You Worked For? / How You Can Use Bitter Kola For Spiritual Benefits: Knowledge That Makes A Diffe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Ijeamaka1: 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
Today makes it 8days I lost my dad, cant get my mind of the call i got last week around 3am that my dad is dead ,still crying my eyes swollen, today am frying akara for his 8days prayer, sad realities

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Emmapub(m): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
My mum died in the hospital just in front of me look like she was sleeping and I waited for 5hours for her to wake up after the doctor has pronounced her dead. Till we decided to take her to the morgue she became stife and heavy then I knew it was true I cried helplessly like a kid. October 13 2016 can't forget it

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Talknochip(m): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
I lost a dear friend who was like a brother in sept 2014... Lost a blood brother (our last born) on Saturday 18 April 2020. 18 April is the birthday of my friend.

Feb 2012, i lost a cousin sister. We were so close. She was an epitome of kindness and simplicity. She was married for 6yrs without an issue. Her husband loved her to the end despite all the negative pressure from his people.

I was still mourning my cousin, my best friend when death struck again on the 18th April 2020 to take away my humble, meek and creative kid bro

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by EzzyCarter: 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2020
So much pain in the world. Painful periods made me numb to pain undecided . I live my life daily with the consciousness I won't be here forever . And this once I'm here, I've gotta touch lives...

Someone's here today, the next they're gone. Sad reality of life

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by tosinjay(m): 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
Yea, lost my beloved sis, in 2007, still do mostly outta sleep.. until last year when i got married#

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Studd(m): 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
Cant foorget the day my grand ma died,I was in school when my cousine appeared at the window and asked me to pick my bag amd come home..I was told she had collapsed in the market,I was told to go and call my dad..by the time i returned,she had passed on...I wept profusely.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
Excel70:

So sorry for your loss Can you describe the moment at point of death

Guy, this is not a question to ask anyone to replay or relive . I experienced it and it's something I wish to erase by all means in my memory. This is why I find your post extremely insensitive.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Banter1(m): 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:
Have u ever lost someone so dear to u that causes tears to roll down ur eyes each time u remember him or her?

Mine was David.
David was my classmate in JS 1. The most handsome, and one of those brilliant students in my class. David was loved by everyone in the class because of his childish nd joyous attitude. Though initially those attitude created enmity among the two of us our frndship started the day he saved me from being flogged by our nasty maths teacher who gave me a maths problem that I couldn't solve. Since that day we became great frnds nd we were always seen sitting next to each other in class nd working together during compound work. Our frndship was so serious that some teachers thought we were siblings. David was brilliant, selfless, handsome nd childish nd I loved him like a brother. In summary, David died the same week our exams was about starting. He was hit by a reckless lorry driver on his way to his dad's provisions shop. He died on the spot nd rumour has it that b4 he gave up the ghost he muttered the following words, "my dream of becoming a doctor has ended". And since then av always wanted to become a doctor 4 David but the Nigerian factor destroyed that dream. Till today I still remember my brilliant nd selfless frnd whose bright future was cut short by a drunk driver.

Pls I'm sorry 4 the long post nd some of the errors you'll notice. David died exactly on the 25th of April, that's why I brought up this topic. Pls share ur own.
Yes. My mum and my younger sister.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by smokeyupu(m): 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2020
My father. The only person we've lost in my immediate family circle since I was born over 45yrs ago

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by am4truth(m): 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
Mattyau:
Lost my wife four month after getting married the loved of my life.
I cry everyday for four month .
The greatest gift I got from God he took it back .
Indeed He is God.
Each time I remember her I shade tears.

Accept my empathy dear brother. I pray the Lord God comfort you. He is God indeed.. The unquestionable God.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by zeenaman: 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
My mum. 19 years ago now. I feel very shy of her anytime I let my mind think about her. She was such a happy and easy woman. Never knew I could lose her at such a tender age. We were full of dreams for each other. It's a repressed memory, my head aches badly anytime I try to remember her fully

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Nexus25(f): 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
I lost my mother to cancer this year January. She was loving and caring. She was accommodating and could allow just anything to pass.

I kept crying when she was on admission, on several occasions, I couldn't stay for long in the ward because the pain she was passing through was unbearable.

It was an advanced case of pancreatic cancer and I had already knew only God could save her. But she kept asking me if she would not die? Answering such a question was a big burden. I couldn't lie yet I couldn't tell her the truth.

Four days before she died, she wasn't eating and she wasn't talking to anyone. She wasn't even feeling the cancer pain.

Her thought flashes my mind every day.

I love you Momma.

Continue to rest in the bosom of the lord

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by BlissB(f): 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
I had to stop reading the thread on page 2, I was having scary thoughts. May God continue to give you all the fortitude to bear the losses at every point in time sad

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Rapmoney(m): 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
Rest in peace, dad! I love you even in death!!!

Rest in peace to my sister, Maks!

Rest in peace to Aunty Lizz!

Rest in peace to my nigger Cent Shocker, young soldier!

Rest in peace to Daniel Ejiro aka Gmagic!!!

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Gracious3105(m): 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
Today made it the 8th year I lost my dad. I still cried today. My dad was more caring than even mum

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by YaksonFCA(m): 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
My dad.

Lost him over 3 years ago but still can't delete his number from my phone.

He had tremendous expectations from me and am determined to make him proud.

RIP Father.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Gr8fulHeart(f): 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
Barristter07:
When Someone You Love Dies

How Can I Live With My Grief?*

“I FELT a lot of pressure on me to hold in my feelings,” explains Mike in recalling his father’s death. To Mike, suppressing his grief was the manly thing to do. Yet he later realized that he was wrong. So when Mike’s friend lost his grandfather, Mike knew what to do. He says: “A couple of years ago, I would have patted him on the shoulder and said, ‘Be a man.’ Now I touched his arm and said, ‘Feel however you have to feel. It will help you to deal with it. If you want me to go, I’ll go. If you want me to stay, I’ll stay. But don’t be afraid to feel.’”

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/when-someone-dies/coping-with-grief/
Today makes it 7months my mom passed on. All that keeps us going is the ressurection hope.. life like a mist.. Jehovah will call and i know my mom will answer.. yes i know. miss you mom so much it hurts....

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Okpod3: 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
My immediate senior brother We were like twins,so close that we virtually won't do anything without each other consent.He died after a brief illness in 2017 in front of me .He is always in my mind.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Jh0wsef(m): 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
Upaka:
cry cry cry my mother I miss her so much. Can't bring myself to the reality of her death. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the hospital before she died. I met her at the mortuary. That left a permanent knot of pain in my heart till now. I believe she will come back. General Hospital killed her. cry cry cry

General hospital has been killing people! That hospital is a mortuary in disguise, I still lost a friend few weeks ago due to their carelessness and selfish interests! RIP GIDEON

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by marianays(f): 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
Thats my lovely mum, its been 9yrs+ now but still remember her every seconds �.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Beetobee(f): 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
ojun50:
My dad
Bt he pass on yesterday
May his soul rest in peace
Oh dear, sorry for your painful loss. I still can't come to terms over losing my dad approximately three years ago. And my best friend who died approximately 8 years ago is still very much fresh in my heart. I cried over her about 5 days ago. May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by HopeSpencer: 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
I lost my mom and couldn't get over it for years until I got married and my daughter took my mother's shape. Now I'm very happy because it's just like looking at my mother.

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by CheedyJ(m): 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
Reading through just made me shed some tear...may God keep giving you all d strength ..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Austineva(m): 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
My mother's death has bn d most horrible experience I have ever had since my existence as human! D most painful ever. RIP mother! U are d most precious mom ever. May God bless u that side for me

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Kazzytman316: 12:53pm On Apr 26, 2020
This is my first comment on Nairaland because of this trend, it's as if it was posted for me...
My mum... died in 2010 during labour, lost both of them, up till today I still remember her and i come to ask what she do to deserve this... she's one of the best hustle I've ever witness, my life has definitely not be the same since she passed away. God heal me cry

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by kingsley3218(m): 12:53pm On Apr 26, 2020
My immediate younger brother...Died in September, 2 weeks to his birthday, i cry and still do each time i remember him cause he was my closest confidant, we did things together and i always gave him what he wanted if i had it. He too was jovial, stubborn but yet had my mumu button in his hands. His death stunned me, till date i still cant come to terms with it cry

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by roscoman: 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2020
Well I thank everyone that had showcase there feelings on this medium. We need to know that death is in evitable and is like passengers in a bus, everyone would alert once they get to their destined bus stop.

We should all know that is from God we all come to this world and we shall go back to him one day unexpectedly.

Gbogbo awon ti won ti lo, ki olorun see iku ni isinmi fun won, o. Amin

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Dharmiejoe(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
I lost my Dad last year December. A week to Christmas. Was the biggest shock of my life.it was just a month after I had my first child. Hurts me to this present moment.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by 1beat(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
with deep pain am sharing this

there was a guy I met in uni then name tunji
this guy is very humble
he died on 14th of Feb 2011 up-to-date I still remember him while I was sweeping yesterday I remembered him

I met this guy when we gain admission into 100lvl then in 2008 we became friend .. before this guy die I fail to ask him why he so much love me, respect my opinion and cover up for me in many ways.
we draw plans together Immediately I lose him the plans died and up to now unachievable

he had accident and was rushed to hospital when I got to hospital I saw some of friends there discussing about him and his admiring life style. the next day his death was pronounce
very painful

my humble TJ rest in peace

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by damo2014(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
Ever since I became conscious of life; when I can differentiate good from bad. I have always had a kind of underestimation about life and anything that this world encompasses. In this good-for-nothing world, I av lost people who were so close and dear to me. I lost Daddy Lati who was like a father to me. I lost my grandpa whom since his death, av not seen his match in terms of care, human relations and kindness to a fault. I have also lost my grandma, Iya Shomolu. In less than 3 years in d family of Noibi which is my mum's family, the household lost three members. Most painful one is my talk handsome and very caring uncle, fondly called Brother Mi by us, his cousins. All in all, no amount of weeping can wake all of U. Since Ur demise, my belief in no-after-life or any after-life-judgement has been strengthened beyond control. After all, we are all born to die someday.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Adjovi: 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
My elder brothers first children ,a set of twins. The first died almost immediately after birth, then the second died after some weeks, he was so cute, I cried like crazy.....

We used to be 4 in my family but now we are 2. Just I the last born and the first born left.
The 3rd born was brought home from school in his final year (physics with electronics DPT) with an unforeseen illness. Several test was conducted nothing was found to be wrong. Family spent a lot he was just becoming lean. The day before he died he asked me to prepare noodles for him, he asked me to do it in a way of which I didn't do it, that night we had a lil quarrel not knowing that was the last time I was going to see him. He was rushed to the hospital midnight and that was it, he never came back to that house and I never got to say sorry cry cry cry cry. He was the most handsome in the family and the brain.

3yrs after my sister the second born and the only girl, who was the bread winner at that time, sponsoring my secondary education at that time also took ill , the same as my brother. Several test from different doctors showed nothing was wrong with her. We spent a lot , prayed nothing changed. At this time I was learning computerized automobile engineering in lekki total feeling station beside ShopRite. So we do see money a lot. My sister and the family went to camp but I could not because of work. When I get my salary I'll go to ShopRite buy a lot of things for my mum and sick sister. The first Sunday of our camp my sister asked me to get her some thing's when I'm coming to camp the next Sunday, unfortunately that week I could not get enough money so that Sunday I was coming with the excuse that I could not get anything but that I'll make sure I get it for her the next Sunday. Getting to the place we lodge ,I entered the room saw her bed empty and my mum beside the bed crying and some people comforting her....

Everyday I think about them and for their sake and my parents I just know I will and must make it in this life so as to do what they would have done for my parents... cry cry

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by brainfordetails: 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2020
Yes, my dead girlfriend.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) / You Left Your Husband Because He Was Cheating. Then This Happens (pix) / I Am Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.