Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,014 members, 7,810,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? - Family (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? (51021 Views)

Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? / Have You Ever Lost Everything You Worked For? / How You Can Use Bitter Kola For Spiritual Benefits: Knowledge That Makes A Diffe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Maturedconnect: 3:15pm On Apr 29, 2020
collinsbaba:

I just hope the children survive and make it in life, but every suffering they pass through, God will demand it from the killer of their father

Amen...so bro how is life generally..Are u also into entertainment just like Ur brother gbenga adeboye
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by chosenjummy(f): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
My dad...
Left this world 20th of June 2019
Still in pain...
Just like yesterday... Missed you so much
Rest on Dad... Till we meet again..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by collinsbaba(m): 8:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
Midex88:

Baba, they are still your blood niece and nephew. Please lookout for them so that they can be close to the family, irrespective of the ill behavior of the wife, the kids still bear Adeboye and that gives a connect with the family.

Members of the family with resource can still ask and look into their welfare. At least that will improve their chances of making it in life.
My Advice

It's just that u dont really understand the kind of insults she hurled at the family, even our father when he passed on, she said nonsense on newspaper concerning him.

She didn't even love my bro from day one, she only married him cuz hes well to do from tender age, the intellectual properties his children ought to be enjoying now, she misappropriated it all, given all to bayowa because of ordinary Honda Bullet then.

May God bless the children, they are not lucky of mother

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by collinsbaba(m): 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2020
Maturedconnect:

Amen...so bro how is life generally..Are u also into entertainment just like Ur brother gbenga adeboye

Not really, let me just say partially, it is very competitive now, someone can easily make it if ones is extraordinary like Funwonwan himself

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Mirba(f): 3:15am On Apr 30, 2020
Lost my daughter in 2014 cry
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by omowaleola(f): 12:54pm On May 02, 2020
collinsbaba:

Yeah.....
My brother
Prince Elijah Olugbenga Adeboye
Oluaye awon sorosoro
I cry everyday
Let alone he is my biological brother, I love his comedy and music
RIP BRO
still crying

My Odeomu brother. I hail o.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by collinsbaba(m): 3:52pm On May 02, 2020
omowaleola:

My Odeomu brother. I hail o.

Internet just dey connect us from every level, which are from odeomu brother
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by omowaleola(f): 11:15pm On May 02, 2020
Grandlord:
God bless you too. You know, I realized there's a difference between being raised in the faith and actually personally accepting the faith when you're old enough to think for yourself. It seems the later is the real deal.

For the former, we were only shown the way. Accepting that way when we've grown, and continuing in it, takes a lot. We grew up to ask a lot of questions and try out so many different ideologies, on our quest for truth. That's actually okay because finally coming back to where you were raised in, means you've wandered out and couldn't find solace anywhere else, and you've realized that the religion you were raised in, is where you can find real peace and answers.

So, I wouldn't say I'm beginning a journey. I'd rather say I'm coming back to where I belong and I'm doing it with some modifications as to how it fits me, without going astray.
For instance, I'm a hymns person. I'm connected to the spirit through hymns than actual prayers. Also, I'm not the kill-my-enemy kind of person, rather I'm a be-good-to-others kind of person.

Oops...this long post is not for you, though grin
I got lost in the expression of my thoughts smiley

Are you me? Growing up in a kill-me-i-kill-you faith, I questioned so many things. I unintentionally found myself at a catholic mass in 2004. As they were singing the hymns, I was touched, all the hymns stuck to my memory, I prefer hymns till date.
I lated read the simple catechism of the catholic church and got baptized at the age of 16. It has been full of bliss since then. I get to know who I worship and not worship out of fear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by omowaleola(f): 11:43pm On May 02, 2020
collinsbaba:

Internet just dey connect us from every level, which are from odeomu brother

I'm from ile asamu in Ode omu. I read the story concerning your relationship with your nephews and niece. Please, do not abandon them.
I can relate well to the story. My father died in 1995 in his sleep. I was just 4 then. We buried him in Ode omu and that was the last time I was there.
My mother never had solid relationship with them. My mum made up believe the village people killed our father. The story was believable because we never saw any of my dad's family. I could remember when Gbenga Adeboye died, my mum said 'your village people have killed the only popular celeb in their village, that is their job'.
When I became independent, I tried to get more facts, then I realized my Father's family are not bad people. Just trying to connect with them now but it's never the same. Most of them are late, I really don't know my root because they withdrew just as you are doing now. Just do your part, the children will realize the truth one day and they will appreciate it. This is the time, not when you are late.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by hennylove(f): 2:32pm On May 03, 2020
Evablizin:
Sorry dear.
my dear the best way to get over this is do do away with all his belongings. If not it will take too long sorry. Did same when I lost my 7 yrs son over a year ago
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Evablizin(f): 2:36pm On May 03, 2020
hennylove:
my dear the best way to get over this is do do away with all his belongings. If not it will take too long sorry. Did same when I lost my 7 yrs son over a year ago
You're right,it will help,sorry for your loss dear.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Gr8fulHeart(f): 8:43pm On May 06, 2020
www.jw.org

Grandlord:
This thread makes me reconsider my stance on Faith.

I wanna go back to believing in a beautiful afterlife. I don't care if it doesn't exist, I just need some form of hope to hold on to because staring into the dark empty nothingness of nonexistence drives me crazy; for me and my loved ones.

I'm logging on to the Jehovah's witnesses website. I prefer them because I don't need any scary hell stories.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Ginomel(m): 12:10am On May 09, 2020
Thoying1990:
Jolayemi Olubukola Michael, my first love. Died Oct 1st 2017, I can't help the Tears anytime I remember him. Rest in peace Dearie, like you do address me. Though married now, but I can never forget him

Sorry about the loss. I'm sure he must have told you to channel your memory energy to your present love. Make sure the living love is very happy, you have succeeded in making the lost one happy.

You may not know but that is wishes beyond.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Ginomel(m): 12:35am On May 09, 2020
Too emotional a thread.
May God console everyone.
let's take this life easy. it's a make believe world
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Luchiana1(f): 1:38am On May 09, 2020
If you awake click and join *Today is the Final impartation & Testimony NIGHT of our 40days Prayer and Fasting
Don't be ungrateful, if the Lord has done something in your life during the course of this 40 days.Testify
If you have not been participating, join the eleventh hour miracle session.
We shall be starting from
*11pm-2am*. https://mixlr.com/christ-omega-vision-network
God bless us all
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Festflor: 7:53am On May 09, 2020
Yes.
My brother who died 20 years ago at age 10.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 09, 2020
it hurts so much to loose a love one, I also have experience it
Very sad indeed
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 09, 2020
Aplaudez:
Nothing is irreplaceable, even nobody, lost my dad 2003, since then I've been the ones fending for my siblings, mum remarried and relocate to meet her hubby, I had to pause school after my diploma cause my imidate was in second year in the uni, all bills on me, to the glory of God he's now serving, we're living better life, now I've commenced my HND!

May Jehovah reward ur effort.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Liposure: 12:27am On May 12, 2020
SapphirePRINCEX:
My sister, Belinda, Sept 18 2012 still feels like yesterday, can't believe I still cried about her this morning.
My son, Michael, died Feb 25th 2016, his bro fills his space but mehn, I always remember him and imagine how cute he would have been at 4years old.
My godmother, Cynthia, even though after her death all I see is scary dreams of her but I still miss her.
sorry. May their gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Am dan by d way
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 1:33am On May 12, 2020
Liposure:
sorry. May their gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Am dan by d way
Amen dear, Am Sapphire kiss
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Liposure: 6:07am On May 12, 2020
SapphirePRINCEX:
Amen dear, Am Sapphire kiss
nice 2 mit u

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by chccho(m): 8:52am On May 16, 2020
I lost my immediate elder brother Jan 13, 2017 in LUTH. He got married in may 2016 and was expecting a baby.
Such a brilliant and hardworking guy. He learnt coding,softwares, programming by himself and became an expert at it. He was selfless,passionate strong and a nice person. His daughter arrived April 2017 a few days to his own birthday. He would have been 40yrs old this April 2020.
Since he passed on the wife doesn't call or visit us. My mum and I have only seen the daughter like 2 or 3times since she was born. If we call she never picks, if we visit she won't allow us into the house. We even rented a flat for the wife after my brother passed on. When my mum went to visit on the baby's 1year birthday this useless girl did not allow my mum even see the baby and was asked to leave. A mother that was still grieving the loss of her son just about a year later. My brother had been with us for 36 solid years in this life with no one of us even having strange sickness not to talk of being admitted but he married a strange woman and in less than 12months from his marriage he died!!!

He was an active member of nairaland too
https://www.nairaland.com/coderxo

IT IS WELL. THIS LIFE IS FULL OF MYSTERIES BUT GOD KNOWS BEST

REST ON CODERXO
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Queenserah26(f): 10:43pm On May 16, 2020
Yes, my dad! We lost him in 2004 but I still miss him. Rest on dad!
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Xscape1993(m): 3:59pm On May 25, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:

Sorry bro
Thanks bro.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by etrange: 5:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
Macktaob:
Yea, my girlfriend and my dad, Jan. 14 and Feb. 16, 2014 respectively, while I was in my first year Uni, shattered my dreams and promises, he made to me, turned me to a responsibilities' boy without married yet but Alliamdulilahi, here we are, I survived, my sis almost, rounding up Final year in OAU and everyone felt and still feels my impact and proud to know me. Was a rough ride, still a rough ride but only the brave keeps on and head up. smiley

He's the owner of this Nairaland account and my Email address, he opened this account January and died the next month.

Sorry about this. Your best years are still ahead.

In your position, I'd use his account for a positive course.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Macktaob(m): 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
etrange:

Sorry about this. Your best years are still ahead.

In your position, I'd use his account for a positive course.

Of course, thank you
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Syphax(m): 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
This thread is a pain reliever. I come here anytime I'm feeling depressed because of my brother's death
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
Yes,My Dad he died last year September 19th after his long battle with Asthma since then the struggle to make ends meet has been worse off..
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by deewhytee: 7:26pm On Aug 01, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
My dad, my everything, my next love after God, the one who treated me like a princess, the one who ensured I had everything, the one who worked so I could eat, go to school, the one who tried to raise me well, he instilled good morals in me, was never a dead beat dad. My dad over my mum always, every moment with him I enjoyed (well, save for the times I failed in school, some spanking), always made me and my bro happy.
Kept saying he was working for me and my bro, he was my hero, my favourite person in the world, and epitome of excellence, a true and loving father, protective of his own. He was everything good!
Unfortunately, he died when I was 12 and still in primary school, he had been terribly sick and had had to leave Abuja for Ib to be treated, I remember having wanted to go with him but there was no more space in the car so I had to ßtay back, before he got in the car, he looked at me and I saw tears in his eyes, he wept and I said goodbye to him to which he responded in a sad tone. He left and I would sit by the corner of the class when classes are were going on and cry, one day I got a call and was told my dad was dead that's the day my life changed, it never remained the same, like I fell from grace to grass. One day I had a dream (his posthumous birthday), I asked him why he died and how he had died but he only said not to worry, that I'd never understand.
I'm in my mid twenties now and no day goes without me thinking of him. I cried almost everyday till i was about 24, I've stopped now but still do once in a while but I think of my papa everyday!!! I love him even in death, although I would have been in a better place now if he wasn't dead and had almost everything, I must admit that his death has molded and is still molding me into being a better person, it's taught me to be compassionate, hardworking, industrious, patient and the power there is in never giving up. I still remember how he'd tell me that if I didn't work hard and smart I'd end up being broke and married to a wretch (I'm sure he was just scaring me but...). His death has taught me to work, work, work and work, to believe in myself, to save and a lot more.
He was a fine and gentle soul, full of life, kind but his anger was something else, he may be dead but I will ensure I make him proud even in his grave and on my wedding day, I fear the tears I'd shed!
RIP to my dad, it's been 14 years : embarassed embarassed sad and I couldn't help but cry while typing this

It's like you were talking about my beloved Dad...I had to read again to make sure I wasn't the one that typed all you wrote here. The only difference is that mine died when I was only 11, in Primary school. All you wrote up there aptly describes my dear Dad...the BEST Dad anyone could ever wish for.
I was his little princess, and favourite child. Ever so gentle and soft spoken, and his generosity is simply out of this world. He made sure I went to the best private schools Lagos had to offer back then, and I never lacked any good thing.

Trouble started when he decided to demolish our old family house and construct a modern one in its place, and that was when all hell broke loose... he fell seriously ill when an unknown evil breeze blew on him right there in his office, and there began an unknown illness that spanned eight whole months at the hospital, with an undiagnosed ailment that depleted most of his wealth. In a nutshell, after a prolonged illness that defied all medication, he eventually gave up the ghost on October 17th...a day I'll never forget as long as I live.

His death made a sudden turn around in my life for the worse, because I t got transformed from being an Ajebutter to an Ajepako, due to the wrong choices my Mum made after his death (story for another day).

Dad, I wish you never died and left me alone in this cruel world...your little princess suffered a great deal when you left, and I wish it was Mum that died in your stead back then (though she's also no more).
But one thing your death has taught me are sheer resilience, bravery and inner strength, all of which have moulded me into the person I am today, though I know I could have turned out better if you had not been snatched away by by the cold hands of death.

I hope we meet again someday to part no more...
I miss you DAD... more than you could ever know. And that's the reason why Riccardo's "I LOVE YOU DADDY" is one of my all time favourite songs.

I LOVE YOU DADDY...
YOU ARE MY HERO, AND WOULD ALWAYS BE MY DREAM
I LOVE YOU DADDY...OH DADDY...
YOU ARE MY SUPERSTAR...

Always shedding tears any time I sing this song...
Continue to rest in peace Dear DAD!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Kinematics: 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2021
Don't know how I stumbled on this thread but I'll never forget this day. In 2017, a 2 year old was rushed to the hospital.
I admitted him and started medications only for me to be called by the nurses that the child in the ward was unresponsive.

I did everything I could to resuscitate him but to no avail. The mother trusted me and was very certain I can handle her son's case. She wept on my feet after I told her that her son is gone.

I felt I could have done something extra, something extra human to save his life. I went to the consulting room and wept, I couldn't eat all day and couldn't continue work for that day.

No death has ever touched me like that boy. Till date seeing kids makes me remember that child.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by Pumpumking: 9:07am On Aug 10, 2021
chosenjummy:
My dad...
Left this world 20th of June 2019
Still in pain...
Just like yesterday... Missed you so much
Rest on Dad... Till we meet again..

^^kaaaai seee booobsi. Hello darling. I have moiney, i drive 2019 Range rover, I live in expencive area, my neighbor drive bentley & i love you. Please can i get yor nomba sir? cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? by NewDelhi(m): 10:58am On Dec 24, 2021
baebeenayoka:
Hmmm! Dad died and I was the only one at home with him at the moment. I knew something was wrong cos he doesn't spend up to 2 mins in the bathroom so he stayed longer and because of the sound of the running shower I thought he was washing like he always did so I went in. Few minutes later I went back to check and he was still there so I decided to call him to make sure but he didn't answer that was when I knew something was wrong. I tried to open the door that was made of iron but couldn't so i took a chair climbed to see what was wrong that was when I saw my dad lying on the floor. My legs were wobbly and I feel off the chair. I later stood up and ran downstairs to see if I can find a man to help me but nobody cos they've all gone to work. I then went to the street looking for men to help me force the door open. I later found some guys that helped me while I looked for taxi to take him to the hospital. All these happened when I was just 16. It was horrible, I almost ran mad when my dad was pronounced dead. God knows I tried but what can I say and who am I to question God. Mom wasn't around because my sister gave birth the day before and my mom too died three years ago. I'm still standing because of God. I'd never pray for such an experience to my enemy. It's horrible. Two years ago just after mom's burial, when I was thinking that God had given me something to wipe my tears because I found out the baby i was carrying is a girl.she too left but in all, I give God the glory.
Sorry about your loss. Your dad probably suffered a heart attack.. too bad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Meet Gosiame Thamara Sithole Who Gave Birth To 10 Babies In South Africa / Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person / 37-Year-Old Ugandan Woman Gives Birth To 38 Children Since Age 13 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.