Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion (34367 Views)

COVID-19: Boss Mustpha Says This Is The Right Time To Lockdown / Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by CoronaV: 7:23am On Apr 26, 2020
Vision2045:
I am tired of the lockdown as well but I don't think it's time for the lockdown to be called off...

To those saying the lockdown didn't work.....I hope you are right...but I am sure it worked as it showed us an indication of what is ahead....Those people tested so far are those with traveling history and those that came in contact with them...

Can we be rest assured that all those that came in contact has been fully located and tested (definitely No, My neighbor is one of the medical personnel at the isolation centre in onikan..she said Lagos is really under testing...and I ask why she said the test kit are so limited in supply and that ventilators are as well limited).

If the lockdown is called off or relaxed, we all Sabi as Lagos dey....our bus na hustle..bus stop na hustle...market na hustle..church na crowd..mosque crowd..felashrine crowd...qulox crowd....malls crowd....

If people still disobey the lockdown when it was so called in full flight...do u think when it's relaxed or totally called off people will not just go straight to normalcy.

Can any state in Nigeria handle a surge if things go south ( which I pray it doesn't)

Have u watched the channels TV interview with the deputy coordinator for the covid 19 in their state...he said a reported 640 death in one week..though natural death join but we all know something is wrong...that's because their governor is not proactive enough...

What do I suggest.

- This coming week government should make effort to create local response team in all local government and train personnel to Man those centres...every local government has office already ..that can be achieved in a week...they will deploy trained personnel from the isolation centres and general hospital with adequate PPEs

- Full sensitisation at local level...A team of people go into street with their mega phone...and share safety tips and proper explanation and maybe a small pamphlet with pictures.

- Those centres at local level will be there to test and absorb if any case arise and might be transferred to a mother centre (Onikan, IDH and any other created ) in case of severe issues.

- Government should as well invest in Test kit and ventilators atleast divert some more money to the health sector...

All this is attainable in two weeks....Then the government can relax the lockdown ...But forget it relaxing the lockdown is like suspending it...We all know our kind of mentality in Nigeria here...

My humble Opinion
Your humble opinion did not include how people will survive hunger during the lockdown.

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by CalabarPikin: 7:23am On Apr 26, 2020
Mass burial better
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Tiwatopebabe(f): 7:23am On Apr 26, 2020
Dozzywest:
Better start digging the mass graves because no owambe no burial.
Correct.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Galactico4ever(m): 7:23am On Apr 26, 2020
In The words of Jesus, "leave The Dead To Bury The Dead"
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Bigleaf1006: 7:24am On Apr 26, 2020
Be like say LASG get plenti money take do case.
You stopped us from burying our dearly departed, we haven't fully recovered from a dissipating lockdown now u want to force us to go bury immediately by just executive Fiat.

Oga, build more mortuaries simple. This guy's just be making pronouncements by a whim,what a way to run a society undecided
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Lexolhis20(m): 7:25am On Apr 26, 2020
Drama everywhere...
Season 2 Episode 10
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by CoronaV: 7:25am On Apr 26, 2020
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Bigleaf1006: 7:28am On Apr 26, 2020
CoronaV:
Your humble opinion did not include how people will survive hunger during the lockdown.

Noh mind Dem, always looking at issues from their angle only, very selfish people!! If the lockdown is lifted,thet can decide to continue to lock themselves down. Rubbish!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by mamaafrik(m): 7:29am On Apr 26, 2020
Nigerians are keeping the dead in the mortuary for the time when they will b able to gather money for Asoebi and owanbe.......
Mass burial loading.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Acidosis(m): 7:33am On Apr 26, 2020
CoronaV:

On another note, can those advocating for extension of lockdown see another example of hardship and unnecessary expenses it is causing people?

What hardship? Lifting the lockdown doesn't mean you can conduct high class burials. Problem is, Lagosians love parties too much. They'll rather borrow money to keep the dead bodies in the morgue than comply with Sanwo-Olu's directives;

You can hold funeral ceremonies in Lagos State as long as you comply with the requirements that we have outlined, which are as follows: the total number of persons at the funeral, including officiating religious leaders, must not exceed 20; appropriate physical distancing must be maintained at the funeral ceremony, all attendees/mourners must use masks and ensure they wash their hands after the ceremony.

This is the real issue ^ ^ Nobody is willing to hold a small burial or wedding.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by saajus: 7:33am On Apr 26, 2020
ok

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Ochuksbaba(m): 7:34am On Apr 26, 2020
Sanwo-Olu should be ready for Mass protest from the dead bodies themselves.

They contributed cash and sprayed dollars in other deceased people's burial ceremonies in times past ,,it has gotten to their turn and u are saying
Not more than 20 people haaa!!,no owambe,no shayo ,no spray , nothing

A Yoruba man would rather die again than be buried without owambe
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by CoronaV: 7:34am On Apr 26, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Noh mind Dem, always looking at issues from their angle only, very selfish people!! If the lockdown is lifted,thet can decide to continue to lock themselves down. Rubbish!!

Very simple
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Papadoh(m): 7:34am On Apr 26, 2020
Mortuaries are full already after only 33 deaths? Na only one mortuary dey Lagos? I'm a little confused.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by CoronaV: 7:35am On Apr 26, 2020
saajus:
32 people died and suddenly mortuary is full.
Read the article. It is because of funerals being put on hold due to the lockdown, not Corona virus deaths
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Acidosis(m): 7:35am On Apr 26, 2020
mamaafrik:
Nigerians are keeping the dead in the mortuary for the time when they will b able to gather money for Asoebi and owanbe.......
Mass burial loading.

Exactly.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Acidosis(m): 7:37am On Apr 26, 2020
Papadoh:
Mortuaries are full already after only 33 deaths? Na only one mortuary dey Lagos? I'm a little confused.

You're confused because you didn't bother to read

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by sandland: 7:37am On Apr 26, 2020
CoronaV:
I hope people wiill read the article and discover that morturaries are full because funerals are not being held due to lockdown and not that Corona is killing everyone.
E no dey hard Nigerians.
On another note, can those advocating for extension of lockdown see another example of hardship and unnecessary expenses it is causing people?

So the covid-19 you are fighting to stop with lockdown does not cause inconvenience/ death?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by toprealman: 7:37am On Apr 26, 2020
During the funeral, there should be no form of entertainment too.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Acidosis(m): 7:38am On Apr 26, 2020
saajus:
32 people died and suddenly mortuary is full.

So only 32 people have died in Lagos since February? Learn to read

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by enemyofprogress: 7:38am On Apr 26, 2020
No wonder funjosh has bean very scarce. He has been very busy working in the mortuary
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by thugluvfem(m): 7:40am On Apr 26, 2020
oshozondii:
This was disclosed by the Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-olu

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1254146726123970560?s=19

The last paragraph says a lot about what is coming if he relaxes the lockdown.
Hmmm...ppl go die well well cry
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by friday2011(m): 7:40am On Apr 26, 2020
Vision2045:
I am tired of the lockdown as well but I don't think it's time for the lockdown to be called off...

To those saying the lockdown didn't work.....I hope you are right...but I am sure it worked as it showed us an indication of what is ahead....Those people tested so far are those with traveling history and those that came in contact with them...

Can we be rest assured that all those that came in contact has been fully located and tested (definitely No, My neighbor is one of the medical personnel at the isolation centre in onikan..she said Lagos is really under testing...and I ask why she said the test kit are so limited in supply and that ventilators are as well limited).

If the lockdown is called off or relaxed, we all Sabi as Lagos dey....our bus na hustle..bus stop na hustle...market na hustle..church na crowd..mosque crowd..felashrine crowd...qulox crowd....malls crowd....

If people still disobey the lockdown when it was so called in full flight...do u think when it's relaxed or totally called off people will not just go straight to normalcy.

Can any state in Nigeria handle a surge if things go south ( which I pray it doesn't)

Have u watched the channels TV interview with the deputy coordinator for the covid 19 in their state...he said a reported 640 death in one week..though natural death join but we all know something is wrong...that's because their governor is not proactive enough...

What do I suggest.

- This coming week government should make effort to create local response team in all local government and train personnel to Man those centres...every local government has office already ..that can be achieved in a week...they will deploy trained personnel from the isolation centres and general hospital with adequate PPEs

- Full sensitisation at local level...A team of people go into street with their mega phone...and share safety tips and proper explanation and maybe a small pamphlet with pictures.

- Those centres at local level will be there to test and absorb if any case arise and might be transferred to a mother centre (Onikan, IDH and any other created ) in case of severe issues.

- Government should as well invest in Test kit and ventilators atleast divert some more money to the health sector...

All this is attainable in two weeks....Then the government can relax the lockdown ...But forget it relaxing the lockdown is like suspending it...We all know our kind of mentality in Nigeria here...

My humble Opinion

Make we hear word jare...

A government that couldn't provide adequate testing kits for a whole 1 month will be able to provide adequately for 2 weeks at the local government levels with enough PPE and ventilators?

Probably you are joking.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by 9jaRealist: 7:40am On Apr 26, 2020
CoronaV:
I hope people wiill read the article and discover that morturaries are full because funerals are not being held due to lockdown and not that Corona is killing everyone.
E no dey hard Nigerians.

If they are NOT going to extend the lockdown (and I personally suspect they will NOT)...
Let it be on the basis of sound medical reasons, not because our people want to do Owambe funerals.

Muslims bury within 24 hours while most Westerners bury within a week...
You can bury someone immediately with a simple ceremony, and elaborately celebrate their lives later.
>
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by efechris(m): 7:41am On Apr 26, 2020
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Wawelexy(m): 7:42am On Apr 26, 2020
dazzlingd:
angry

Before low IQ people hijack the thread, the governor is not saying coronavirus is responsible for the deaths but dead bodies are piling up because of the lockdown that has prevented people from burying their dead.
So he is encouraging people to do funerals as long as they obey safe practices.

Because I realised that majority are idiots with poor comprehension

Calm down naa, person wey too get sense....
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Wawelexy(m): 7:43am On Apr 26, 2020
CoronaV:

Please tell him

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by thugluvfem(m): 7:43am On Apr 26, 2020
If we are unable to see a decongestion of the mortuaries across the State in the next two weeks, the Lagos State Government will be compelled to carry out mass burials to achieve this. We do not want to be forced to do this, which is why we are asking for your cooperation in this regard.

Hmmm.... Lagos state already preparing. Ppl go die well if the lockdown is relaxed
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by simhosting: 7:44am On Apr 26, 2020
Ok
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Papadoh(m): 7:44am On Apr 26, 2020
CoronaV:
Read the article. It is because of funerals being put on hold due to the lockdown, not Corona virus deaths
Makes sense
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by babyfaceafrica: 7:44am On Apr 26, 2020
Vision2045:

What do I suggest.

My humble Opinion

You didn't say anything about what people will feed on for the next two weeks?

You also didn't mention how government will employ sacked employers?

You also didn't say anything about security(I have been doing vigilante for over a week now)... Is that my work?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Audu Ogbeh: Stop Eating Moi-Moi Made In Cellophane. / Lagos Floods General Hospital With Mobile-Toilets (photo) / After Paying N2.5m For Son's Rehab In Abuja, Family Discover This......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.