Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,820 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion (34366 Views)

COVID-19: Boss Mustpha Says This Is The Right Time To Lockdown / Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Bigleaf1006: 8:38am On Apr 26, 2020
9jaRealist:

Nope! It’s NOT a “total failure”...
Because it’s goal was to save lives by slowing down the rate of Covid infections, not to solve hunger in Nigeria.

Of course we should feel empathy for the hungry and desperate, but with or without Covid there will still be people who are hungry and desperate. Nonetheless, one of the certainties in life is that only people who are ALIVE can be hungry.
>

Did I just read the most amazingly preposterous argument in favor of the lockdown? Jeez ,I just wonder are some people's minds are wired.

Like seriously!!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 26, 2020
Bevmo:
You talk as if it won't cost any money. Your neighbor told you the test kits and ventilators at limited, that should tell you there is no money to procure more it them. When no money to procure just these two main important things, I bet government won't even look your suggestions twice talk of take to it.

There is money to buy it...they are not just ready to invest much in it...because they believe if they can arrest those with travel history recently and those that came in contact with them. That the spread will be easily defeated..

They have the funds.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by ebesco1(m): 8:40am On Apr 26, 2020
Vision2045:
I am tired of the lockdown as well but I don't think it's time for the lockdown to be called off...

To those saying the lockdown didn't work.....I hope you are right...but I am sure it worked as it showed us an indication of what is ahead....Those people tested so far are those with traveling history and those that came in contact with them...

Can we be rest assured that all those that came in contact has been fully located and tested (definitely No, My neighbor is one of the medical personnel at the isolation centre in onikan..she said Lagos is really under testing...and I ask why she said the test kit are so limited in supply and that ventilators are as well limited).

If the lockdown is called off or relaxed, we all Sabi as Lagos dey....our bus na hustle..bus stop na hustle...market na hustle..church na crowd..mosque crowd..felashrine crowd...qulox crowd....malls crowd....

If people still disobey the lockdown when it was so called in full flight...do u think when it's relaxed or totally called off people will not just go straight to normalcy.

Can any state in Nigeria handle a surge if things go south ( which I pray it doesn't)

Have u watched the channels TV interview with the deputy coordinator for the covid 19 in their state...he said a reported 640 death in one week..though natural death join but we all know something is wrong...that's because their governor is not proactive enough...

What do I suggest.

- This coming week government should make effort to create local response team in all local government and train personnel to Man those centres...every local government has office already ..that can be achieved in a week...they will deploy trained personnel from the isolation centres and general hospital with adequate PPEs

- Full sensitisation at local level...A team of people go into street with their mega phone...and share safety tips and proper explanation and maybe a small pamphlet with pictures.

- Those centres at local level will be there to test and absorb if any case arise and might be transferred to a mother centre (Onikan, IDH and any other created ) in case of severe issues.

- Government should as well invest in Test kit and ventilators atleast divert some more money to the health sector...

All this is attainable in two weeks....Then the government can relax the lockdown ...But forget it relaxing the lockdown is like suspending it...We all know our kind of mentality in Nigeria here...

My humble Opinion
Haaaa oga you do well but you no reli do well, wetin shock me pass na say 4 all dis ur suggestion u no even mention the main tin, u no nack the hammer for the nail head. So u no knw say the first tin wey u 4 suggest na how govt go take provide food for ppl see without food all does ur suggestion dey useless. The koko b say if govt if give ppl food and moni every body go stay house. Na bcus u b big man mak u dey suggest come forget say food and moni na number 1. As i dey see u so i knw say u go stingy die. Oga cari ur suggest go sleep. Suggestion without moni n food na trash.
Na my own suggestion b dat

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:41am On Apr 26, 2020
Bonpint:
We are commited to providing reliable and affordable vehicle tracking services to Nigerians and we are proud to have protected thousands of vehicles so far in the last ten years. We are the number one rated in customers' satisfactions in car tracking industry in Nigeria. You can be assured we will be there when you need us the most. Our price is competitive and pocket friendly.

Through our GPS car tracking device

1: You can know the exact location of your car on your phone aeand on real time movement with free App

2: You can stop and resume your car engine from your phone

3: You can listen to conversation going on inside your car

4: You can check places where your car has been too for the whole week

5: You can see the speed your car is moving

6: You can Geo fence your car not to leave your prefer location and place

We offer best car tracking installation. For more information pls call . Price is

#45.000

No annual renewal it's one time payment.
where dem wan track d vehicle go 4 under this lockdown?

grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by patani(m): 8:42am On Apr 26, 2020
candyguyofficia:
... Nigerians love funfair is the Governor sure people won't rather opt for mass burial than doing burial ceremony without refreshments. Another stuff is that the eldest surviving son of the deceased maybe in another state/country and presently there is travel restriction, in Africa the role of the 'eldest surviving son' in such event as burial cannot be overemphasized but at times like this people must adopt to changes in popular culture due to government policies and health concern, for a start the burial could be streamed online. The virus ish is getting out of hand I pray a vaccine/cure is found on time.

Same situation I av found myself.. Sigh.. Wishing I could give my father befitting burial...
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Bigleaf1006: 8:42am On Apr 26, 2020
bobo65:
That you have Money to fend for yourself doesn't mean u shouldnt be considerate...
I went out around 7pm yesterday and I saw many ppl on the road, trekking and interacting, no mask or anything.. AGEBRO on every junction begging, stealing is now the order of the day.

See this lockdown is a total failure, people are hungry and desperate, if government cannot provide people what to eat from the money they stole from the people then let them allow the people work to make money for themselves.

Noh mind am, by the time the hungry starts to feast on them that claim they are not hungry, lests see how well the government will protect them.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by 9jaRealist: 8:45am On Apr 26, 2020
Bigleaf1006:
Cases ain't same, the corpses in the mortuaries were not covid-19 victims, yeah! I agree covid-19 victims are totally under the control of the government with their rights majorly voided but these ones the governor is talking about, ‘b[he has no right over them.[/b]

They are in state government morgues...
>
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Sonnobax15(m): 8:45am On Apr 26, 2020
Ochuksbaba:
Sanwo-Olu should be ready for Mass protest from the dead bodies themselves.

They contributed cash and sprayed dollars in other deceased people's burial ceremonies in times past ,,it has gotten to their turn and u are saying
Not more than 20 people haaa!!,no owambe,no shayo ,no spray , nothing

A Yoruba man would rather die again than be buried without owambe
lol...My fellow urhobo guy...u make me laf diz morning ahswear.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by strafist911: 8:47am On Apr 26, 2020
Vision2045:
I am tired of the lockdown as well but I don't think it's time for the lockdown to be called off...

To those saying the lockdown didn't work.....I hope you are right...but I am sure it worked as it showed us an indication of what is ahead....Those people tested so far are those with traveling history and those that came in contact with them...

Can we be rest assured that all those that came in contact has been fully located and tested (definitely No, My neighbor is one of the medical personnel at the isolation centre in onikan..she said Lagos is really under testing...and I ask why she said the test kit are so limited in supply and that ventilators are as well limited).

If the lockdown is called off or relaxed, we all Sabi as Lagos dey....our bus na hustle..bus stop na hustle...market na hustle..church na crowd..mosque crowd..felashrine crowd...qulox crowd....malls crowd....

If people still disobey the lockdown when it was so called in full flight...do u think when it's relaxed or totally called off people will not just go straight to normalcy.

Can any state in Nigeria handle a surge if things go south ( which I pray it doesn't)

Have u watched the channels TV interview with the deputy coordinator for the covid 19 in their state...he said a reported 640 death in one week..though natural death join but we all know something is wrong...that's because their governor is not proactive enough...

What do I suggest.

- This coming week government should make effort to create local response team in all local government and train personnel to Man those centres...every local government has office already ..that can be achieved in a week...they will deploy trained personnel from the isolation centres and general hospital with adequate PPEs

- Full sensitisation at local level...A team of people go into street with their mega phone...and share safety tips and proper explanation and maybe a small pamphlet with pictures.

- Those centres at local level will be there to test and absorb if any case arise and might be transferred to a mother centre (Onikan, IDH and any other created ) in case of severe issues.

- Government should as well invest in Test kit and ventilators atleast divert some more money to the health sector...

All this is attainable in two weeks....Then the government can relax the lockdown ...But forget it relaxing the lockdown is like suspending it...We all know our kind of mentality in Nigeria here...

My humble Opinion

YOUR HUMBLE OPINION STINKS.
THAT YOU HAVE STORED FOOD IN YOUR HOUSE DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOUR NEIGHBOR HAS ENOUGH FOOD IN HIS HOUSE FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS. NIGERIAN ECONOMY IS NOW IN SHAMBLES AS A RESULT OF THE DWINDLING OIL PRICE & NO IGR FROM ALL STATES. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MONIES DONATED TO THE FG BY NIGERIAN BANKS, EU, UN & OTHER PRIVATE DONORS AMOUNTING TO BILLIONS OF NAIRA? THEY'VE ALL BEEN LOOTED & SHARED TO PEOPLE IN THE NORTH EAST RECEIVING N20,000 EACH.
You said full sensitization & testing should be done with2weeks. Have they tested up to 10,000 persons within 4 weeks? Howmany ventilators have they bought so far?
LET ME ASK YOU. HOW MANY PEOPLE(FRIENDS, RELATIVES, UNCLES, AUNTIES, NEIGHBORS, COLLEAGUES) DO YOU KNOW THAT HAS DIED OF CORONA VIRUS SINCE THE LAST 4 WEEKS LOCK-DOWN?
EMANCIPATE YOURSELF FROM MENTAL SLAVERY BRO. YOU OUGHT TO BE WISER THAN THIS.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by naijaschoolguru(m): 8:49am On Apr 26, 2020
Papadoh:
Mortuaries are full already after only 33 deaths? Na only one mortuary dey Lagos? I'm a little confused.
You are confused only because you did not read the news, you only went through the headline.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by fidebaby(f): 8:49am On Apr 26, 2020
DigitalBrands01:
And I'm sure this not happening in Lagos only. God have mercy

Anyway, I will Design a company Logo for 2k Only or Website for your Product or Company. Info below
I will pay #1000 please
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Bevmo: 8:49am On Apr 26, 2020
Vision2045:

There is money to buy it...they are not just ready to invest much in it...because they believe if they can arrest those with travel history recently and those that came in contact with them. That the spread will be easily defeated..

They have the funds.
Now you're talking and telling us what we already know. A whole Kwara State could only afford two ventilators and 8 bed of isolation centre ( so ridiculous ) from what you said up above there, you assumed they are just making money out of it, now please suggest way out. Thanks
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by 9jaRealist: 8:50am On Apr 26, 2020
Bigleaf1006:
Did I just read the most amazingly preposterous argument in favor of the lockdown? Jeez ,I just wonder are some people's minds are wired.

Like seriously!!

I will ignore the personal insult...
It merely betrays a lack of substance and a crude personal upbringing.

Meanwhile, on the SUBSTANCE of the matter under discourse...
Yes, the “argument in favor of the lockdown” is to slow down the infection rate, so that it does not overwhelm the healthcare system.
>
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:52am On Apr 26, 2020

If we are unable to see a decongestion of the mortuaries across the State in the next two weeks, the Lagos State Government will be compelled to carry out mass burials to achieve this. We do not want to be forced to do this, which is why we are asking for your cooperation in this regard.

Some sharp men go just pretend like say Dem no hear cheesy
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by oaugraduate1234(m): 8:56am On Apr 26, 2020
Corona Virus is just causing Wahala upon Wahala
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 26, 2020
strafist911:

YOUR HUMBLE OPINION STINKS.
THAT YOU HAVE STORED FOOD IN YOUR HOUSE DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOUR NEIGHBOR HAS ENOUGH FOOD IN HIS HOUSE FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS. NIGERIAN ECONOMY IS NOW IN SHAMBLES AS A RESULT OF THE DWINDLING OIL PRICE & NO IGR FROM ALL STATES. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MONIES DONATED TO THE FG BY NIGERIAN BANKS, EU, UN & OTHER PRIVATE DONORS AMOUNTING TO BILLIONS OF NAIRA? THEY'VE ALL BEEN LOOTED & SHARED TO PEOPLE IN THE NORTH EAST RECEIVING N20,000 EACH.
You said full sensitization & testing should be done with2weeks. Have they tested up to 10,000 persons within 4 weeks? Howmany ventilators have they bought so far?
LET ME ASK YOU. HOW MANY PEOPLE(FRIENDS, RELATIVES, UNCLES, AUNTIES, NEIGHBORS, COLLEAGUES) DO YOU KNOW THAT HAS DIED OF CORONA VIRUS SINCE THE LAST 4 WEEKS LOCK-DOWN?
EMANCIPATE YOURSELF FROM MENTAL SLAVERY BRO. YOU OUGHT TO BE WISER THAN THIS.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by AshipaEk0: 9:04am On Apr 26, 2020
Evaromantik:
When your Dad buried his father, were they only 20 people?

That's why everyone is patiently waiting, because we know government go still come back to their senses.

so you must gather crowd to bury your dead?

person die jejely, you turn am to frozen turkey keep inside freezer for years because of what exactly?

is the body what you are going to cook & eat at the party you are so bent on doing?

Abi what relevance does keeping the body have to do with you gathering to cry crocodile tears and tell lies about how wonderful the dead person was?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Lexusgs430: 9:14am On Apr 26, 2020
Cremation time.........
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:30am On Apr 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Cremation time.........

mass burial time
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by xcabczyxabczzzz: 9:35am On Apr 26, 2020
friday2011:

Make we hear word jare...

A government that couldn't provide adequate testing kits for a whole 1 month will be able to provide adequately for 2 weeks at the local government levels with enough PPE and ventilators?

Probably you are joking.
Exactly, part of the major reason for the lockdown was to track people and test them. And they fail woefully on that, how long do they need to achieve that?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Tboy1419: 9:35am On Apr 26, 2020
Vision2045:

What do I suggest.

My humble Opinion
. Stupid vision has no effect
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by fid4fid: 9:38am On Apr 26, 2020
Vision2045:

What do I suggest.

My humble Opinion

Bro, I think this na very difficult decision for government... If them relax lockdown this disease fit spread wella. If them uphold lockdown... Hunger dey wella. This be like if you do..wahala, if you don't..wahala. My only fear be say people for here no go gree cooperate. Since the lockdown.. People for street dey hardly wear face mask. If you stand for balcony count people wey dey walker pass ... May be na 1 in 30 you go see wear mask for my area. I no know why e be like this.

Go neighborhood market to buy something, almost all the iya for there no dey wear mask. Na that same hand them use collect money, them go use am use wrapper wipe face for hot sun.

E be like say until people start to hear say "this neighbor done die," "that oga don murd," na then them go wake. I no really know.

The police wey dey road dey after him "roger." Them no ready to enforce compulsory face mask. The Lagos state neighborhood watch boys no go fit enforce am because no carry gun so people no dey fear them. Them self don join police to do road block to dey collect roger from okada and keke.

We go need serious re-orientation for we country on way forward. Situation no dey look good at all.. Oil no sell, govt no get money, dollar na 450 now -things for market go cost, Coro dey disturb hustle many no go pay salary.

If everybody fit to obey compulsory face mask and maintain good self hygiene e for fit work... But them no dey gree!

How we go do?

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by kushe: 9:40am On Apr 26, 2020
Vision2045:

What do I suggest.

My humble Opinion

Too much sense dey worry you.Very intelligent submission.However, people have made up their mind that tomorrow is the last day.
I don't blame anyone who wants to hit the streets,but don't blame Buhari when someone you know dies of Covid.
Naa still fairytale till alarm go blow.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by kushe: 9:55am On Apr 26, 2020
naijaschoolguru:

Yes of course, the nature of this world stated that, people's we give birth and people's we also die. Since dead is inevitable.

Finally found Oyibokoro on nairaland.
English bitter no be small�
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by naijaschoolguru(m): 9:56am On Apr 26, 2020
kushe:

Finally found Oyibokoro on nairaland.
English bitter no be small�
Abi nau, e bitter wella grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 26, 2020
Tboy1419:
. Stupid vision has no effect

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by kushe: 10:03am On Apr 26, 2020
AshipaEk0:

so you must gather crowd to bury your dead?

person die jejely, you turn am to frozen turkey keep inside freezer for years because of what exactly?

is the body what you are going to cook & eat at the party you are so bent on doing?

Abi what relevance does keeping the body have to do with you gathering to cry crocodile tears and tell lies about how wonderful the dead person was?

In actual fact,where the deceased will spend eternity is all that is important.
You spend billions to bury someone that has gone to hell.
THINK ETERNITY !!!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:26am On Apr 26, 2020
Vision2045:

My humble Opinion

I'm sure they'll set up a committee to look into the local centres if they are to implement it and the committee will take one week to get back to them on the issue. Then how many weeks remains to implement the recommendations of the committee? That'll mean another extension of the lockdown, making it 4 weeks

Did you listen to the president's speech, he actually set up a committee to look into some of the issues he stated, and the committee was to report to him in about 5 days time, then when will their recommendations be put into place.

We know the kind of country we are in, so let the government stop all the deceptions. As I said yesterday, the recommendations of the governors' forum remains the best if they are truly wise.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by okpalaAnambra: 10:28am On Apr 26, 2020
Bonpint:
We are commited to providing reliable and affordable vehicle tracking services to Nigerians and we are proud to have protected thousands of vehicles so far in the last ten years. We are the number one rated in customers' satisfactions in car tracking industry in Nigeria. You can be assured we will be there when you need us the most. Our price is competitive and pocket friendly.

Through our GPS car tracking device

1: You can know the exact location of your car on your phone aeand on real time movement with free App

2: You can stop and resume your car engine from your phone

3: You can listen to conversation going on inside your car

4: You can check places where your car has been too for the whole week

5: You can see the speed your car is moving

6: You can Geo fence your car not to leave your prefer location and place

We offer best car tracking installation. For more information pls call . Price is

#45.000

No annual renewal it's one time payment.
This stuff costs 25k-30k
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Lexusgs430: 10:30am On Apr 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

mass burial time

Don't you like BBQ......... cheesy
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Godmercy(m): 10:30am On Apr 26, 2020
please let sanwolu known that nobody wanted to leaf the course in the mutuarie but they lock people in what does he expect for he who are lock in whout food to pick the dead person for burie or what
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:38am On Apr 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Don't you like BBQ......... cheesy

Personally I don't mind, sadly it's not a Nigerian thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Audu Ogbeh: Stop Eating Moi-Moi Made In Cellophane. / Lagos Floods General Hospital With Mobile-Toilets (photo) / After Paying N2.5m For Son's Rehab In Abuja, Family Discover This......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.