Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion (34368 Views)

COVID-19: Boss Mustpha Says This Is The Right Time To Lockdown / Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by crafteck(m): 10:39am On Apr 26, 2020
naijaschoolguru:

You always saying rubbish out of contents. What's wrong with you?

You mean out of context? Nobidy say make u no grab jokes and if it wasnt funny to you.... Your condition pass my joke.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by dederocs(m): 10:56am On Apr 26, 2020
Motuaries are full cos funerals are not being held...
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by dederocs(m): 10:59am On Apr 26, 2020
Olathunji010:
May almighty God continue to be always giving u the power to be healing all those that have already been tested positive for this useless coronavirus amen..... And continue to be always protecting and securing all other people from contacting it amen
this is not about Corona, its because funerals are not being held due to lockdown.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by dederocs(m): 11:01am On Apr 26, 2020
Vision2045:
I am tired of the lockdown as well but I don't think it's time for the lockdown to be called off...

To those saying the lockdown didn't work.....I hope you are right...but I am sure it worked as it showed us an indication of what is ahead....Those people tested so far are those with traveling history and those that came in contact with them...

Can we be rest assured that all those that came in contact has been fully located and tested (definitely No, My neighbor is one of the medical personnel at the isolation centre in onikan..she said Lagos is really under testing...and I ask why she said the test kit are so limited in supply and that ventilators are as well limited).

If the lockdown is called off or relaxed, we all Sabi as Lagos dey....our bus na hustle..bus stop na hustle...market na hustle..church na crowd..mosque crowd..felashrine crowd...qulox crowd....malls crowd....

If people still disobey the lockdown when it was so called in full flight...do u think when it's relaxed or totally called off people will not just go straight to normalcy.

Can any state in Nigeria handle a surge if things go south ( which I pray it doesn't)

Have u watched the channels TV interview with the deputy coordinator for the covid 19 in their state...he said a reported 640 death in one week..though natural death join but we all know something is wrong...that's because their governor is not proactive enough...

What do I suggest.

- This coming week government should make effort to create local response team in all local government and train personnel to Man those centres...every local government has office already ..that can be achieved in a week...they will deploy trained personnel from the isolation centres and general hospital with adequate PPEs

- Full sensitisation at local level...A team of people go into street with their mega phone...and share safety tips and proper explanation and maybe a small pamphlet with pictures.

- Those centres at local level will be there to test and absorb if any case arise and might be transferred to a mother centre (Onikan, IDH and any other created ) in case of severe issues.

- Government should as well invest in Test kit and ventilators atleast divert some more money to the health sector...

All this is attainable in two weeks....Then the government can relax the lockdown ...But forget it relaxing the lockdown is like suspending it...We all know our kind of mentality in Nigeria here...

My humble Opinion
Seems you can not comprehend this article, mortuaries are full cos of lockdown, people die of crime, hunger and other sicknesses daily, Corona has only killed 18 people in Lagos.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Godmercy(m): 11:02am On Apr 26, 2020
my question to the governor is do they allow people to pay attention to those that are still in hospital to give them food stalkless the dated one is better we wake up now and do the protection by used hand gloves nose covered then allow people to peak their dead one thanks
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by adeniyi65(m): 11:02am On Apr 26, 2020
Dozzywest:
Better start digging the mass graves because no owambe no burial.
that's Nigeria for you my comrade.our people too love owambe parties. ;d ;d
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by shgenius123: 11:49am On Apr 26, 2020
Bellotelli:
Why the rush...are they expecting more people to die?
sure, mortality rate is increasing daily
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Bigleaf1006: 11:54am On Apr 26, 2020
9jaRealist:

I will ignore the personal insult...
It merely betrays a lack of substance and a crude personal upbringing.

Meanwhile, on the SUBSTANCE of the matter under discourse...
Yes, the “argument in favor of the lockdown” is to slow down the infection rate, so that it does not overwhelm the healthcare system.
>

And how do you intend to contain the bigger problem of hunger that is already overwhelming the populace.

I opine that the lockdown we have here wasn't properly thought out and government is deliberately shying from it's responsibilities.

All the weeks people have been indoors,have their been any improvement? I don't think so.

Covid-19 is gonna be around forever.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Potom(m): 11:55am On Apr 26, 2020
For your POSTERS and FLYIERS for burial ceremony and other events, pls call 08038259597
We offer best quality prints at a good price..
WE DLIVER WITHIN 3 working days
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by pakistaneducati: 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by pakistaneducati: 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by pakistaneducati: 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by pakistaneducati: 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by pakistaneducati: 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by pakistaneducati: 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by pakistaneducati: 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Taiwojon(m): 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
what!!!!!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Seunpaul01(m): 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2020
Big lies.

Jesu! Why now. Do they think we are fools.

Do u have to go to the extent of lies to instill fears in residents in order to justify your actions during this pandemic.

So, the 32 deaths so far took all mortuary spaces.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by naijaschoolguru(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
crafteck:

You mean out of context? No br me say make u nongrab jokes and if it wasnt funny to you.... Your condition pass my joke.
Ok I grab nau, nice one
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by calaharry: 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2020
sad sad sad
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by suremanpatriot: 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
His a big Fool why did he hav to agree to another lockdown extension to cause massive extrajudicial deaths not related to covid this calamity for the lagosians.

Do you evil fgovt ppl are see the calamity effect of your lockdown extension,may God speedily extinguish you all evil rulers that hav hand in the lockdown extns fr naija for sufferin d masses while you loot and enjoy loots in govt houses undecided
You evil f govt hav used their evil lockdown extn to kill thousands overflowin lag morg with starvation,fears,hysteria,robbers,security agent bruatality,deprivin of means of livlihood and wantom lies that covid is not curable. So those they are dischargin na watin cure them.

Africa govts always seek confusion situation to perpetrate their massive crime of lootin and lootin treasury.O GOD ARISE QUICKLY AND SILENCE THESE EVIL RULERS IN AFRICA.UNFORTUNATELY THE AFRICA MASSES ARE BEING SILENCED WITH FEAR LIK ZOMBIES.GOD HELP THE MASSES RECOVER THEIR SENSES TO SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Harrynight(m): 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2020
We paid too much attention to dead bodies

Wen Someone does irrespective of who he or she was should jus be buried with few people without calling unnecessary attention, party, or merriment!

If that has always been the practice this wouldn't happen neither would people spend fortune just to bury a corpse!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Harrynight(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
Seunpaul01:
Big lies.

Do u have to go to the extent of lies to instill fears in residents in order to justify your actions during this pandemic.

Did u read the article?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by j1mmy: 2:46pm On Apr 26, 2020
what an idiot, Covid-19 deaths should be processes by cremation or mass burials by trained officials using sanitary equipment.

Stupid stupid people in that country!!!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by crafteck(m): 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
naijaschoolguru:

Ok I grab nau, nice one

Thumbs up bro grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by ajl: 9:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
I am beginning to believe the Convid-19 data for Lagos because I use to say that the best way to monitor Convid-19 casualty is through the mortuaries. So, if no funeral or burial have been taking place in Lagos for the last 2 months as the governor said then it meant there was no mass deaths from Convid-19 in Lagos except if families of infected individuals that died choose to bury the corpse in secret. I want to believe nothing crazy will happen in Nigeria as per Convid-19. Even Kano deaths, there is no evidence that the frequency of deaths in last few days is any different from pre-Convid19 period, except if there is baseline data to indicate otherwise. Kano is a state of over 12 million people.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by ajl: 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
Seunpaul01:
Big lies.

Plus other non-Convid19 deaths because no funeral or burial has been taking place in Lagos for several weeks. It mean people have just been dumping corpses of non-Convid19 deaths at the mortuaries in last several weeks. If people have died en masse from Convid-19 in Lagos, the mortuaries would have been full a long time ago, and combine that with those dying by natural causes. Make sense.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Nobody: 3:57am On Apr 27, 2020
I hope Sanwoolu is thinking of what to do with food trucks coming from Kano with the wave of deaths there.

Southern Governors must be proactive of who and what comes into their state.

If possible, liaise with the Governors in Kano to test them before the trucks load.

Being proactive will save lives and I am not discriminating against anyone here.

Just taking necessary precautions

oshozondii:
This was disclosed by the Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-olu

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1254146726123970560?s=19
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by PropertyBuying(f): 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2020
Well-done Governor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Audu Ogbeh: Stop Eating Moi-Moi Made In Cellophane. / Lagos Floods General Hospital With Mobile-Toilets (photo) / After Paying N2.5m For Son's Rehab In Abuja, Family Discover This......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.