Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,123 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. (4556 Views)

Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs / Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 / Unemployment And Poverty Are Forcing Nigerians To Turn To Oil Theft - Aljazeera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by hapsonv: 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
please follow the advice given to you by @andyanders cus that's the best thing to do. don't report them to any police. ask them to call back the tout and tip him 1k. it will save u more stress. continue greeting ur bad neighbor but try to avoid them. salutation is not love

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Naija4love(m): 1:35pm On Apr 26, 2020
Godlovesyou28:
I live a very quite life and mind my business, but since the lockdown I have seen all three of my neighbors struggling and constantly complaining aloud of hunger so I decided to step in.
I took time to stockpile food even before "coro" entered Nigeria because I hate to be caught unawares.
Fast forward, I give the married ones money secretly and give the other two single one cooked food everyday. I was gifted some food items I don't need so I decided to give it to one(married) of them, so I opened my burglary proof and stepped to give him, after which his wife who stammers started beating their child for nothing and I dropped my phone and started holding her, after the situation was calm I entered my house and remembered I had left my phone.
When I went outside they had gone in, so I knocked on their door and asked the man to help me call my number; It was not ringing anywhere outside so I got confused. Then he said that someone came into the compound; then the next thing he said was that the person had sent a text, I read it (It read- "It is safe, don't worry"wink, I discovered that it was sent with my number so I asked to call my phone with his line; next thing his brother picked and said "I will give you the phone tomorrow just find something for me, Promise me you will"; next my neighbor took the phone and started saying "we will give you anything you want just keep the phone please" etc (before he took the phone I heard his wife stammering in the background telling the boy in a low voice what to say).
Today, he asked for money so I asked him to ask the person to come to the compound for a small reward ( he brought a toutlike guy and I just took my phone and ran into my house, I heard them abusing me and saying am stingy and ungrateful... Many hurtful things.).
Am so afraid to come out of my house because am scared of touts and I don't think I'll come out of my shell after this to be nice again to people who aren't family. I have decided to stop helping any of my neighbours ever again since I also heard the rest laughing and saying "she for give the guy even if na 2k, she is very wicked etc...
The present condition has changed people, be careful a lot of people don't think anymore before they act. Am still in shock.

Sorry that's how people is. Just try to give the guy 1k if you can.. Can I know you more because we have things in common grin
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by KingNom(m): 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2020
Terrible
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
OP pls relocate to a new area and apartment, ASAP
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Godlovesyou28: 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2020
Rozz:
never stop helping people whenever you can,dont let this experience stops you from being nice. God shall reward you

I don't think its even possible to stop, my friends and family say that Its a problem I need to work on.
Once I accommodated a pregnant friend with her husband and two kids; providing everything (school fees and school bus fees to help ease stress)only for them to turn me to second class in my house; even moved into my room when I traveled. When I came back and met my things in the guest room, they claimed they needed more space since the baby was already due. I had to move in with my parents after the baby came for them to host guests for several months... My elder brother couldn't understand my weakness and had to rent a self contain for them to move out (paid for 2years). They never said thank you but kept complaining that am so insensitive to have moved them to a self-contained without considering the fact that they are five in number
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
Godlovesyou28:

I don't think its even possible to stop, my friends and family say that Its a problem I need to work on.
Once I accommodated a pregnant friend with her husband and two kids; providing everything (school fees and school bus fees to help ease stress)only for them to turn me to second class in my house; even moved into my room when I traveled. When I came back and met my things in the guest room, they claimed they needed more space since the baby was already due. I had to move in with my parents after the baby came for them to host guests for several months... My elder brother couldn't understand my weakness and had to rent a self contain for them to move out (paid for 2years). They never said thank you but kept complaining that am so insensitive to have moved them to a self-contained without considering the fact that they are five in number
Expect anything from humans but just know that God shall reward you
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by andyanders: 9:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
Op listen, as I advised you through my earlier input herein to handle this situation with wisdom. Involving police or any law officers is good but might turn out to expose you to more danger than you expected. These guys are not only ur neighbors as they've other of their gang members outside ur vicinity.

0nce u get them arrested u expose yourself to danger. Giving out a token to the guy will do u good since u have gotten ur phone than getting them reported.

Remember u are a lady and stay alone and people advising u to go to the police or get army involved doesn't stay with u and will not be there with u if anything happens.

if u can remember a case of a young lady senator, at Abuja that was murdered at her home she stays alone. She saw some bad guys within her hood and secretly went to inform the police. They were arrested by the police and later released, but the same system told the guys that it was the lady that reported them. The same guys went to the senator's house, raped and murdered her.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Godlovesyou28: 4:55am On Apr 27, 2020
Freddykrueger:

What city do you reside?

Do you want to send me help? smiley
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Godlovesyou28: 5:03am On Apr 27, 2020
Naija4love:

Sorry that's how people is. Just try to give the guy 1k if you can.. Can I know you more because we have things in common grin

Sure, but If I must ask- what do we share in common? I just hope it not "extreme softness " undecided
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Godlovesyou28: 5:11am On Apr 27, 2020
andyanders:
Op listen, as I advised you through my earlier input herein to handle this situation with wisdom. Involving police or any law officers is good but might turn out to expose you to more danger than you expected. These guys are not only ur neighbors as they've other of their gang members outside ur vicinity.

0nce u get them arrested u expose yourself to danger. Giving out a token to the guy will do u good since u have gotten ur phone than getting them reported.

Remember u are a lady and stay alone and people advising u to go to the police or get army involved doesn't stay with u and will not be there with u if anything happens.

if u can remember a case of a young lady senator, at Abuja that was murdered at her home she stays alone. She saw some bad guys within her hood and secretly went to inform the police. They were arrested by the police and later released, but the same system told the guys that it was the lady that reported them. The same guys went to the senator's house, raped and murdered her.

Thanks.
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Freddykrueger: 5:28am On Apr 27, 2020
Godlovesyou28:

Do you want to send me help? smiley
I would if you're close by.
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Adgideon(m): 6:18am On Apr 27, 2020
Comedy story, afraid to come out from yr own house, are there no other neighbors
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by bestabigaelever(f): 8:25am On Apr 27, 2020
Godlovesyou28:
I planned to confront them but that tout looked bad ass embarassed I was really scared. Now I realize I should not have runaway; you're right, I should have given the tout some money even though I was so terrified. I was just hurt and angry. I guess That's how we women first react in the face of danger undecided
You are girl
Damn!
Thought u are a guy
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by sonofthunder: 11:49am On Apr 27, 2020
Godlovesyou28:

Hmmm, op we may need to talk oh.... Lol.
On a more serious note, you need to know when and where to draw a line. There's a difference between your friends, good friends and your best friend but in your case, an outsider will find it difficult/impossible to differentiate the three categories. This in itself is not bad, but you can see how you struggle to cope when things go 'south'

Learn to establish appropriate boundaries for different people in your life (family, friends, neighbos, colleagues, etc), that way your aren't overly hurt by people before fully admitting them into your life (consider it like granting them a trial..... Lol).

Also for the long run and to develop a firm personality, you can consider reading certain books: The Prince by Nicolai Machiavelli, 48 laws of power, why you think the way you do, amongst others but be carefully what you read though. Some of those books can completely change your ideology.

You're the kind of person everyone loves and tries to relate with but its unfortunate many will try to take advantage.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Ndeoma: 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
OP I've been in your shoes before though am a guy so I understand perfectly what you are going through.

It has nothing to do with whether you are rich. In this part of the world been "NICE" to some set of people( not everybody) is dangerous and why? Because the heart of man is decietful and desperately wicked, who can decern it?

I once lived in a one room (though not face me I slap you lol) but the compound was very big because it was a family house in a community setting. Some of my neighbors (Including my landlord and the wife) envied and hated me just because I always look good and on gen at night. The hatred grew so much that I became a topic... One night like that I had an issue with one of the most dreaded cult guy in the neighborhood. I fought him that night and in the process both our phones fell off our pockets. His men picked up his own and went away with it while I took mine and went inside.

The following day he can back with his cult gang to my house demanding I pay 25k for his supposed missing phone threatening to deal with me. I told him am not paying a dime and straightly to his face told him I will pick him up with SARS and he called my bluff. I simply prayed to my God against him and sowed a seed in my church as to that regards.

Long story short, the following night SARS raided their hideout in the neighborhood and he narrowly escaped with his life while his other gang members where caught. Ever since then all the cult boys in that my area became scared of me including their leader that I fought with. When the guy sees me coming he diverts to another route and I didn't pay him any Kobo till God blessed me and I packed out of that 1 room to a much bigger and nicer apartment in another area.

Here in my new place I don't talk to my neighbors except the landlords son and his wife that lives closeby and that's if I need something from them. I don't keep friends (both male and female) so no one visits me. I maintain a very mean posture towards my neighbors, I don't even greet them. I mind my business very much here because of my past experience from the former place I was staying. There is something I learnt... Try to be a mystery to people around you. If people don't understand you they can't attack you. Also try to curtail the way you help people. Even Bible said wisdom is profitable to direct. Above all be very prayerful and careful at the same time. God will help you!

Modified: Since you are a lady... Just give the guy and not your neighbour like 500. Tell him you didn't have money on you the day he came that's why you didn't come out of your room again. Don't ever fidget while talking to him... I repeat don't fidget if not you don turn office be that ooo. Touts and cultists have one thing in common... They prey on fear to exploit weak people.

Bone your face henceforth, no more smiling with those evil neighbor of yours. Don't give them the room to get close to you again. I would said you should stand your ground but you are a woman and I don't want to hear stories that touch the heart. If na me dem no born that tout well...

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Godlovesyou28: 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2020
[quote author=sonofthunder post=88906651]
Hmmm, op we may need to talk oh.... Lol.
On a more serious note, you need to know when and where to draw a line. There's a difference between your friends, good friends and your best friend but in your case, an outsider will find it difficult/impossible to differentiate the three categories. This in itself is not bad, but you can see how you struggle to cope when things go 'south'

Learn to establish appropriate boundaries for different people in your life (family, friends, neighbos, colleagues, etc), that way your aren't overly hurt by people before fully admitting them into your life (consider it like granting them a trial..... Lol).

Also for the long run and to develop a firm personality, you can consider reading certain books: The Prince by Nicolai Machiavelli, 48 laws of power, why you think the way you do, amongst others but be carefully what you read though. Some of those books can completely change your ideology.

You're the kind of person everyone loves and tries to relate with but its unfortunate many will try to take advantage.

Thanks. I have been working on it my whole life cry, I feel helplessly troubled when I know I can do something about a friends problem, especially when children are involved, I can't say "No". I think its genetic because my Dad is like that too (Now he keeps telling me to learn from his mistakes).
My step- brother says my extreme softness is incurabe; If I could live, love and easily forgive his mom for all the things she did to me without getting tough or ever saying "enough" then I would never change.(funny enough, honestly I thought she was tough on me because I was a girl amongst many boys, I never felt I was being maltreated). I don't know where and when to draw the line like other sane people.
Do I need to see a psychologist? embarassed
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Godlovesyou28: 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
I have been looking for them to give them the money but they have not been home. I can't wait for this to pass undecided
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Exmilitant(m): 9:26pm On Apr 27, 2020
My god, couldn't stop laughing. Op, you just made my day!! Call a meeting and table the matter before your neighbours and then express your fears and possible threat to your life.... Its nothing personal neighbours wants money. Still laughing, the story is hilarious..
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Exmilitant(m): 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2020
Godlovesyou28:
I have been looking for them to give them the money but they have not been home. I can't wait for this to pass undecided
I don't usually mention anyone but i will make exception of you. I am like you too, very sensitive to other people's plight and weak in saying no. Just continue your good works rest assured you are protected spiritually and physically.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Godlovesyou28: 11:35pm On Apr 27, 2020
Exmilitant:
My god, couldn't stop laughing. Op, you just made my day!! Call a meeting and table the matter before your neighbours and then express your fears and possible threat to your life.... Its nothing personal neighbours wants money. Still laughing, the story is hilarious..

Please don't laugh cos its not funny at all... I have been seriously thinking towards learning karate; who knows, With the way the country presently is now- its could save ones life.

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by ALABACONNECT(m): 12:01am On Apr 28, 2020
People tho
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Naija4love(m): 9:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
Godlovesyou28:

Sure, but If I must ask- what do we share in common? I just hope it not "extreme softness " undecided
just good heart wink wink

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by bikefab(m): 12:03am On Apr 30, 2020
At some point we all have to toughen up and eyeball that 'terror ' boldly. He might just be more scared than you are. Sorry for that nasty experience, you sound like a humane soul.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Godlovesyou28: 11:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
Naija4love:
just good heart wink wink

I see...
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Godlovesyou28: 5:12pm On May 02, 2020
andyanders:
It's a pity u encouantered real thieves who are your neighbor/s and ungrateful animals.

Having seen your phone, you should have pretended by pleading to them that you don't have money with you, but next day you will look for 1k to give. Behave as if nothing happened as you have known the kind of people they are. 1k will not kill u. As u have done good to them, God will fight 4 you.

I'll advise you never to make trouble with them 'cus they can plan to harm you since u stay the same compound.

Take this step by tomorrow. Take 1k and meet the couple by tommorow. Ask them to help u plead with the guy to manage the 1k, that u went in and couldn't see any money hence u couldn't come out. You've to use wisdom and act as a fool to them since u are a lady.

Henceforth, you have to be carefull with them. If u can, start planning to relocate cus they can plan evil against u. Stop giving any of them anything. Just act as if nothing happened and watch ur back.

I gave them the 1k as advised but they rejected it. Should I be worried?
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by andyanders: 8:55pm On May 02, 2020
Godlovesyou28:

you've done noble. Was it ur neighbor or the guy that rejected ur offer? Did they state any reason 4 the rejection? If u feel threathened with that, report the case to the police to have it incedented and to have them sign an undertaking, that if anything happens 2 u, they shld be held liable. Try nd relocate to another area ASAP. Nothing will happen 2 u. God will see u 2ru. Wait 2 hear from u.
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by tellwisdom: 9:32pm On May 02, 2020
Godlovesyou28:

Add am 2k make I take am drink beer and nkwobi sad.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Godlovesyou28: 11:25pm On May 02, 2020
andyanders:

you've done noble. Was it ur neighbor or the guy that rejected ur offer? Did they state any reason 4 the rejection? If u feel threathened with that, report the case to the police to have it incedeted and to have them sign an undertaking that if anything happens 2 u, they shld held responsible. Try nd relocate to another area ASAP. Nothing will happen 2 u. God will see u try 2ru. Wait 2 hear from u.

I met the tout on my way back (along my street) and really apologized and also thanked him for his help before offering the money to him.
I can't afford to relocate now, I moved in early February and did a lot of upgrades on the house. sad
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by andyanders: 12:01am On May 03, 2020
Godlovesyou28:

I met the tout on my way back (along my street) and really apologized and also thanked him for his help before offering the money to him.
I can't afford to relocate now, I moved in early February and did a lot of upgrades on the house. sad

his rejection, were u able to dictate/decode from his expression on his face, if it was on good faith or not? What of ur neighbor, did you tell them about the offer u gave nd rejection by the guy? If u feel threathened, report to the police since u cannot afford 2 relocate for now.
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Godlovesyou28: 6:50pm On May 03, 2020
andyanders:

his rejection, were u able to dictate/decode from his expression on his face, if it was on good faith or not? What of ur neighbor, did you tell them about the offer u gave nd rejection by the guy? If u feel threathened, report to the police since u cannot afford 2 relocate for now.

I don't know, his face was just indifferent. My neighbours don't speak to me anymore... Their obvious weight loss says volumes.
I have decided to move out. My front door key nob was loosed and opened last night... I was lucky to have bolted my door from the inside. My car was also scratched with objects.

I think I have fallen into depression. I miss my dad. cry
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Ndeoma: 8:06pm On May 03, 2020
Look you have to pack out of that place and you have to do that fast. The world we live in is evil and even more deadly been surrounded with hungry, poor and ungrateful neighbors who will stop at nothing to destroy you. And when you want to pack out... Do it quietly at night before the even know what's up... You are far gone from their reach so they can't hurt you.

As for depression, you definitely need to talk to someone and thanks to your neighbors who gave you the cold shoulder you've got no one around you to speak with. You are lonely and that's one of the major catalysts for depression. Seriously you need to distract yourself a bit so you can cool off from the stress you feel within you.

Most importantly pray... I repeat pray! God is always there when we seem to be alone to protect and guide us. Be strong!
Re: My Neighbor And His Wife Stole My Phone And Are Forcing Me To Pay. by Godlovesyou28: 10:35pm On May 03, 2020
Ndeoma:
Look you have to pack out of that place and you have to do that fast. The world we live in is evil and even more deadly been surrounded with hungry, poor and ungrateful neighbors who will stop at nothing to destroy you. And when you want to pack out... Do it quietly at night before the even know what's up... You are far gone from their reach so they can't hurt you.

As for depression, you definitely need to talk to someone and thanks to your neighbors who gave you the cold shoulder you've got no one around you to speak with. You are lonely and that's one of the major catalysts for depression. Seriously you need to distract yourself a bit so you can cool off from the stress you feel within you. I am a life coach and I can help you with your current challenge as I've help several of my clients with this same issue. I tried sending you a pm with my LinkedIn handle and phone but I don't know if it went through. Feel free to buzz me via email at scaleup34@gmail.com

Most importantly pray... I repeat pray! God is always there when we seem to be alone to protect and guide us. Be strong!

Thanks. I call my friends and family, but I can't understand how I feel Ndeoma; its a cocktail of anger, disappointment, regret, fear, pity, helplessness, bullied and so on undecided, Very bad feeling.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet 18 Year Old Beautiful Girl Who Wash Fuel Tanker To Pay Her School Fees (pho / Police Arrest Two Suspects With 16 Bags Of Indian Hemp In Niger State / This Is What Led To The Assassination Of Ahmed Gulak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.