Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? (2610 Views)

Do You Agree With This Guy Electoral Result Prediction Map Of 2023 Election / Olufunke Awolowo: Awolowo's Opinion About Buhari Before He Died — Grand Daughter / Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by sureteeboy(m): 9:42am On Apr 26, 2020
Toxicy2kwap:
The way people talk about taxes in Nigeria sef undecided

For everyone who works in a structured organization, taxes are deducted before salary.

For others who make supplies to companies, taxes are withheld before they're paid for these contracts.

The market woman who sells along d road in those dirty markets have to pay to task force, who say they're working on behalf of govt.

The taxi driver pays d agberos, also reps of govt.

In one way or d other, we all pay taxes. That the govt is not structured to ensure this money gets into d system shouldn't be d fault of the common man. Afterall ds same govt drills d natural resources in our lands and profit from it, how has d common man benefited from d common wealth?

You think d oyibos pay taxes outta sheer decency? Far from it. They do cos taxes cannot be evaded and that's cos a system is in place. Copy same in naija and c how everyone becomes a law abiding citizen.

In d meantime, Nigeria dey smell abeg. Yuck!!!

Tax or no tax, d people deserve palliatives from government
God bless you.
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by Mace0lane: 9:49am On Apr 26, 2020
What tax benefit do you deserve when less than 2% of your population pay tax. When tax is being talked about globally they mean personal income tax this are what induvial Europeans Americans n Co pay that allows they recieve benefits such as 2K Pound the guy was talking about.

VAT is the only tax you pay that goes to the FG. That excise levies custom duties n all others are one 4 service or benefits the govt provide n need to be paid for, also those are paid in every other countries as well. The difference is the population of Nigeria that pay personal income tax are not up to 2%.

Only 3 countries in the entire world gave or promised palliative to individuals citizen UK USA n Canada. Now if you are not being delusional which of this can Nigeria compete with in terms of taxation or economy. Do you even know that you pay almost half of your salary as income tax when you earn above a certain amount in the UK ? That is in addition to VAT n other levies n duties

edoairways:

As VAT there are other taxes/levies imposed on Nigerians. The food vendors, bike riders and other artisans pay taxes. Can you equate tax benefit with the amount been paid?
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by Mace0lane: 10:05am On Apr 26, 2020
Yes they pay taxes out of cheer decency. In America for instant if you do not file tax return for the year you will likely have issues with the IRS, everyone does even those that do not earn a dime or do any work.

Without it you can't purchase anytning on mortgages especially a home, if you are not prosecuted before buying a new home, every kobo you owed will be paid before your home purchase is finalized. The HUD will make sure of that n no escrow office will sanction a deal without recordation # from the HUD.

I am sure in the UK won't allow you escape without paying tax at the point you get paid talk less of you having ideas to abscond with the tax. So market woman n agbero taxes goes to the FG ? I need to ask if you completed secondary because am a trillion % sure you could not have graduated and be making comment as foolish as this ?!

Toxicy2kwap:
The way people talk about taxes in Nigeria sef undecided

For everyone who works in a structured organization, taxes are deducted before salary.

For others who make supplies to companies, taxes are withheld before they're paid for these contracts.

The market woman who sells along d road in those dirty markets have to pay to task force, who say they're working on behalf of govt.

The taxi driver pays d agberos, also reps of govt.

In one way or d other, we all pay taxes. That the govt is not structured to ensure this money gets into d system shouldn't be d fault of the common man. Afterall ds same govt drills d natural resources in our lands and profit from it, how has d common man benefited from d common wealth?

You think d oyibos pay taxes outta sheer decency? Far from it. They do cos taxes cannot be evaded and that's cos a system is in place. Copy same in naija and c how everyone becomes a law abiding citizen.

In d meantime, Nigeria dey smell abeg. Yuck!!!

Tax or no tax, d people deserve palliatives from government
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by Karlifate: 10:07am On Apr 26, 2020
In summary, FAITH without WORKS is dead.
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by Mace0lane: 10:10am On Apr 26, 2020
To show that you are the stupid one, tell me which of the countries you listed gave out cash or food palliative like Nigeria did ? Till this hour in Africa only Nigeria as gave cash n food palliative during the lockdown.

mrNEMZY:
Any citizen that goes by this mode of reasoning is highly stupid.
We are basically taxed for everything we purchase in Nigeria, from food stuffs to bills be it light or water bill, we are taxed just to send text messages or make calls, our salaries are taxed, our factories are taxed.
Any person that comes to you and says Nigerians are not taxed is just overly stupid.

I guess Namibia, Rwanda, Uganda, Ghana that are taking better care of their citizens don't pay tithes.

Nigeria is a failed state with failed citizens conditioned to suffering.

Nonsense
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by edoairways: 10:20am On Apr 26, 2020
What tax benefit do you deserve when less than 2% of your population pay tax.
Who told you that 2% of Nigerians pays tax?Whoever gave you this report lied wholeheartedly. Secondly are you aware that taxes/levies are collected by various state and local governments countrywide. Are you also aware that most shops, kiosks in those states can't operate except they pay taxes/levies?
When tax is being talked about globally they mean personal income tax this are what induvial Europeans Americans n Co pay that allows they recieve benefits such as 2K Pound the guy was talking about.
And you think many Nigerians don't pay personal income tax? They pay if you don't know but the level of compliance isn't as high as those in Europe because theirs is effective. Less corrupt practices and proper utilization of tax revenue whereas here is the opposite.

VAT is the only tax you pay that goes to the FG. That excise levies custom duties n all others are one 4 service or benefits the govt provide n need to be paid for, also those are paid in every other countries as well. The difference is the population of Nigeria that pay personal income tax are not up to 2%.
That is what Nigerian media make you to believe. VAT isn't the only tax I pay. I pay other taxes same with other Nigerians. In fact we face multiple taxes

Only 3 countries in the entire world gave or promised palliative to individuals citizen UK USA n Canada. Now if you are not being delusional which of this can Nigeria compete with in terms of taxation or economy. Do you even know that you pay almost half of your salary as income tax when you earn above a certain amount in the UK ? That is in addition to VAT n other levies n duties
That is not an excuse. The revenue the government generates from other sources should do.

[/quote]
The government is not sincere right from immemorial
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by Bobgattii: 10:24am On Apr 26, 2020
last time I check,,some monies were donated by some good citizens of naija n WHO,,,2 b given 2 ppl n need, abi? So tax or no tax naija govt should use d money n do wat its meant 4..tell tat woman2 go sleep
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by princdebola201(m): 10:37am On Apr 26, 2020
edoairways:

Who told you that majority of Nigerians don't pay tax or is VAT on your phone calls there for decoration?
oga VAT is shared by

STATE-50%

LG- 35%

FG- 15%

The 15% on vat is not even enough to a month FAAC.

Europe GDP is 40% tax

Europe revenue generations is 90% tax.

Per income tax in some countries in europe is 45-57% .

Vat tax in some countries in europe is 20-30%

Basically europe runs their economy on taxation.

In Nigeria tax is not up to 15% of Nigeria GDp.

90% of our revenues comes from crude oil sales.

Per income tax in Nigeria is 22%

Vat is 7.5% food and agricultural produce exempted.

Buhari is even generous for palliatives

So tell me how can nigeria meet up with Europe standard without increasing tax revenue and tax rate
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by Toxicy2kwap: 10:42am On Apr 26, 2020
Mace0lane:
Yes they pay taxes out of cheer decency. In America for instant if you do not file tax return for the year you will likely have issues with the IRS, everyone does even those that do not earn a dime or do any work.

Without it you can't purchase anytning on mortgages especially a home, if you are not prosecuted before buying a new home, every kobo you owed will be paid before your home purchase is finalized. The HUD will make sure of that n no escrow office will sanction a deal without recordation # from the HUD.

I am sure in the UK won't allow you escape without paying tax at the point you get paid talk less of you having ideas to abscond with the tax. So market woman n agbero taxes goes to the FG ? I need to ask if you completed secondary because am a trillion % sure you could not have graduated and be making comment as foolish as this ?!

You are a fool. A very stupid big fool
I so hate it when imbeciles jump into an argument without first understanding where d opponent is coming from.

Anaye, go back to my argument and ask yourself if you and I are on the same level intellectually?

Someone who files tax returns cos he's tryna aviod problems wt d IRS has done that out of sheer decency? You are a very stupid fucc. You better go n comprehend d meaning of decency in ds context.

Incase you don't know, every registered business owner in Nigeria files tax return with the FIRS on a monthly, profit or not, else they get penalised.

In many states, like rivers for example, task forces are fast becoming redundant and and the states IRS working hard to get returns from even d smallest business person. People are paying taxes when the law force them to

The agberos...

Y i dey even waste my energy sef??

Guy you be big fool. Na only 10seconds person go follow you talk b4 you go expose your retardness.

Common carry yuh dirty self and your free basics comot from here

Anumanu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by 7lives: 10:44am On Apr 26, 2020
Naomila:
Kinda right but religion has nothing to do with how great or poor a country is
If u say we spend most of our money paying tithe and building chrurches
then what of places like Saudi Arabia, they are very religious yet they are doing well for themselves.

grin Arabians don't breed like rats, this is what people do around here.
An okada rider having two wives and 10 children is already in need of help.
The reality, that people are still refusing to accept, is the FACT that their lives is what they made it.
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by mrNEMZY(m): 10:47am On Apr 26, 2020
Mace0lane:
To show that you are the stupid one, tell me which of the countries you listed gave out cash or food palliative like Nigeria did ? Till this hour in Africa only Nigeria as gave cash n food palliative during the lockdown.

Your level of ignorance can lead to depression, instead of you to browse about palliatives going on in the nations I posted you are here to talk rubbish.
This will be my last time replying you, arguments with people of your kind has a way of leading to headaches.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by edoairways: 11:54am On Apr 26, 2020
princdebola201:
oga VAT is shared by

STATE-50%

LG- 35%

FG- 15%

The 15% on vat is not even enough to a month FAAC.

Europe GDP is 40% tax

Europe revenue generations is 90% tax.

Per income tax in some countries in europe is 45-57% .

Vat tax in some countries in europe is 20-30%

Basically europe runs their economy on taxation.

In Nigeria tax is not up to 15% of Nigeria GDp.

90% of our revenues comes from crude oil sales.

Per income tax in Nigeria is 22%

Vat is 7.5% food and agricultural produce exempted.

Buhari is even generous for palliatives

So tell me how can nigeria meet up with Europe standard without increasing tax revenue and tax rate

Do you say generous? tongue Don't let the media fool you
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by Mace0lane: 12:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
[s]
mrNEMZY:

Your level of ignorance can lead to depression, instead of you to browse about palliatives going on in the nations I posted you are here to talk rubbish.
This will be my last time replying you, arguments with people of your kind has a way of leading to headaches.
[/s]
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by Mace0lane: 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2020
We definitely not on the same wave length intelligence wise but I will take my time to school your foolishness today.

In the USA someone do not just file tax to avoid problem with IRS, everyone does. If you don't of even under declare what you are worth you have the IRS to contend with. Now. No one need to tell what pathetic soul you are as a human to compare tax system in the USA to River, wetin go tell you say u foolish de your body.

In records to the emboldened in your comment you know you deserve to be shot dead, no debate on that.

Lastly, you claim many tax force are getting redundant yet Lagos generate more taxes than every state in Nigeria put together aside Rivers n Ogun state. How many state in Nigeria can pay it civil service with income generated from taxation be it VAT or taxes paid to agberos n market women like you claim ?!

You see when a fool refer to others as fool he or she is only fooling himself the more. We can never be in the same class, we never were n will never be. I will simply commit suicide without being adviced if I sound as pathetically foolish as your tirade exposed. Shalom #

Toxicy2kwap:

You are a fool. A very stupid big fool
I so hate it when imbeciles jump into an argument without first understanding where d opponent is coming from.

Anaye, go back to my argument and ask yourself if you and I are on the same level intellectually?

Someone who files tax returns cos he's tryna aviod problems wt d IRS has done that out of sheer decency? You are a very stupid fucc. You better go n comprehend d meaning of decency in ds context.

Incase you don't know, every registered business owner in Nigeria files tax return with the FIRS on a monthly, profit or not, else they get penalised.

In many states, like rivers for example, task forces are fast becoming redundant and and the states IRS working hard to get returns from even d smallest business person. People are paying taxes when the law force them to

The agberos...

Y i dey even waste my energy sef??

Guy you be big fool. Na only 10seconds person go follow you talk b4 you go expose your retardness.

Common carry yuh dirty self and your free basics comot from here

Anumanu
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by Rhesusmonkey(m): 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
Probably she is one of those dumb old oloshos in Abj hopping from one man to another, writing nonsense just to trend.
I pay tax of over 60k monthly and yet I am govt to my self, I give myself water, light, security, even roads, likewise most Nigerians.
Even poor traders in the market pay all sort of levies to govt, yet nothing to show for it.
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by topstone4: 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
GboyegaD:
I agree with her to a very large extent however, it should be seen as a wake up call and not mockery.

And who told her that we are not paying tax?
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by Oksman(m): 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
socialmediaman:
She insinuates that Nigerians want giveaways from the government when we didn’t work for it as a nation

What’s your reaction?

Absolute rubbish!
Nigeria is not a poor country so please keep your contempt for prayers to yourself. After all churches are private investments people who built those churches you are castigating also pay their tax to the government from their salaries!
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
edoairways:
Who told you that majority of Nigerians don't pay tax or is VAT on your phone calls there for decoration?

bro, pls dont mix apples with oranges....EVERYONE in the world pay VAT on their bills....that is completely different than paying 10s of thousands of $$$$ (aka millions of Naira) in tax deductions from your salary each year.

Mace0lane:
Imagine. Some foolish Nigerian claiming the VAT on Coca-Cola they drink is the tax that will earn them 2000 pound palliative like the UK gave ?! I just weak for foolish people wey dominate NL.

lol, as funny as it is, it is equally very sad that they would even think that they should receive 2000$ because someone posted that this is what was given to them in Canada/Europe. there is no free money in this world, these foreign gov are just giving back to people "some" of the money they paid in taxes last year.

i can already hear them... Nigeria generates billions in revenue from oil. we want our share of the loot bla bla bla!

Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by edoairways: 5:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

bro, pls dont mix apples with oranges....EVERYONE in the world pay VAT on their bills....that is completely different than paying 10s of thousands of $$$$ (aka millions of Naira) in tax deductions from your salary each year.

lol, as funny as it is, it is equally very sad that they would even think that they should receive 2000$ because someone posted that this is what was given to them in Canada/Europe. there is no free money in this world, these foreign gov are just giving back to people "some" of the money they paid in taxes last year.

i can already hear them... Nigeria generates billions in revenue from oil. we want our share of the loot bla bla bla!

Nobody is saying that they should receive $2,000 but it should be something that could keep body and soul. Secondly the person I quote had been stressing on personal income tax but I told him that many Nigerians pay that too so what is the excuse?
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by manmustwac(m): 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
yes we are more concerned about churches than hospitals
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
edoairways:

Nobody is saying that they should receive $2,000 but it should be something that could keep body and soul. Secondly the person I quote had been stressing on personal income tax but I told him that many Nigerians pay that too so what is the excuse?

how do you want the gov to help you keep body and soul?! the gov does NOT have the finances to pay each and every struggling Nigerians some free money... i mean just imagine what you are asking for?! so the gov should dash every Nigerian (since we know our greedy people, even the ones living in Lekki/VI and Ikoyi will say they need help)... so technically, lets say you were asking for dash money of 10K to every adult in Nigeria (aka roughly 100M people)...that would mean that the Nigerian gov should cough no less than 1 Trillion naira (or roughly 3billion dollars)....just for "April dash money"...then in May when Nigerians are still broke and hungry, another $3 billion, abi?!?!?

now let us be honest here.....does it even make sense to you?!
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by edoairways: 9:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

how do you want the gov to help you keep body and soul?! the gov does NOT have the finances to pay each and every struggling Nigerians some free money... i mean just imagine what you are asking for?! so the gov should dash every Nigerian (since we know our greedy people, even the ones living in Lekki/VI and Ikoyi will say they need help)... so technically, lets say you were asking for dash money of 10K to every adult in Nigeria (aka roughly 100M people)...that would mean that the Nigerian gov should cough no less than 1 Trillion naira (or roughly 3billion dollars)....just for "April dash money"...then in May when Nigerians are still broke and hungry, another $3 billion, abi?!?!?

now let us be honest here.....does it even make sense to you?!
So I should die of hunger ,has the government thought of that before the closure?. Can they borrow a leaf from Czech Republic?
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
edoairways:
So I should die of hunger ,has the government thought of that before the closure?. Can they borrow a leaf from Czech Republic?

sadly, you will be surprised to know that people in EVERY COUNTRY on earth are suffering, not only Nigeria....many people in the US who are living from paycheck to paycheck (and didnt pay tax last year) are suffering....many in Europe are suffering, especially the oneswho were homeless living in the streets begging for handouts (since nobody to give handouts any longer,thanks to lockdown).... havent you heard of whats happening in Ecuador where dead bodies are littering the streets?!?!?

bro, we all know these are difficult times but we all have to hang in there the best we can, til this covid-madness is over
Re: Covid-19: Do You Agree With This Lady’s Opinion About Nigeria’s Economy? by edoairways: 10:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

sadly, you will be surprised to know that people in EVERY COUNTRY on earth are suffering, not only Nigeria....many people in the US who are living from paycheck to paycheck (and didnt pay tax last year) are suffering....many in Europe are suffering, especially the oneswho were homeless living in the streets begging for handouts (since nobody to give handouts any longer,thanks to lockdown).... havent you heard of whats happening in Ecuador where dead bodies are littering the streets?!?!?

bro, we all know these are difficult times but we all have to hang in there the best we can, til this covid-madness is over
Yeah I got you

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Leaders Are Just Wicked And Heartless(photos,video) / This Picture Got Me Thinking... / Imagine The Riot In Northern Nigeria If An Igbo Catholic Did This To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.