Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,777 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan (4342 Views)

Take A Look At The Inside Of New Lexus LM First-class Minivan With Incredible 26 / This Is The All-new 2019 Mercedes Benz B-class Minivan / P Or LT Tires....what Does Your Minivan/light Truck/suv Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by bartundey(m): 8:02am On Apr 26, 2020
This is my first car and need honest reviews and recommendations base on your experiences considering the following cars :

Toyota avensis verso
Mazda 5 2008
Others

Which of this listed brands can you recommend for a starter for logistics/transportation services

Please your advice is needed based on your experiences considering the following:
-Maintenance
-Durability
- Fuel Economy
- Value-for-money
- please feel free to add any other useful tip with respect to the purpose of use.
Thanks.
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by maynation(f): 11:47am On Apr 26, 2020
Your budget?
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by bisitopi: 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
Depend on ur budget but but recommend Toyota sienna 2001 to 2003
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by ksmart027(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
Go for toyota picnic, volkswagen sharan or opel zafira

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by bartundey(m): 6:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
maynation:
Your budget?
1m
And l prefer foreign used ..
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by bartundey(m): 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2020
bisitopi:
Depend on ur budget but but recommend Toyota sienna 2001 to 2003
Thanks for your suggestions,l appreciate..my reservation for Toyota Sienna is the fuel consumption since is V6
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by bartundey(m): 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
ksmart027:
Go for toyota picnic, volkswagen sharan or opel zafira
The Toyota picnic isn’t bad but which year would you recommend?
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by ksmart027(m): 8:32pm On Apr 26, 2020
bartundey:
The Toyota picnic isn’t bad but which year would you recommend?
1999 to 2003
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by TPound(m): 2:32am On Apr 28, 2020
My 2 cents...the money you save on 4 plugs vehicle is always later spent on the mechanics... My advise... Go for a V6...it doesn't gulp fuel as you think...if an i4 consumes 2500 in a week, V6 will consume 3,200-3500 in a week...and it doesn't break down easily like a 4 plug. Is it 1200 or 1500 you can't afford?

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by Praxtech: 8:04am On Apr 28, 2020
TPound:
My 2 cents...the money you save on 4 plugs vehicle is always later spent on the mechanics... My advise... Go for a V6...it doesn't gulp fuel as you think...if an i4 consumes 2500 in a week, V6 will consume 3,200-3500 in a week...and it doesn't break down easily like a 4 plug. Is it 1200 or 1500 you can't afford?

Listen to this advice.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by bartundey(m): 11:37pm On May 03, 2020
TPound:
Thanks this is really useful and justified.The way people condemned V6 engine Minivan with respect to fuel consumption is worrisome.

Please which brand and year of V6 Minivan will you recommend..?

Thinking of buying foreign used and shipping myself ,need useful help with the process.

I appreciate your Suggestions.
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by TPound(m): 11:55pm On May 03, 2020
bartundey:
Thanks this is really useful and justified.The way people condemned V6 engine Minivan with respect to fuel consumption is worrisome.

Please which brand and year of V6 Minivan will you recommend..?

Thinking of buying foreign used and shipping myself ,need useful help with the process.

I appreciate your Suggestions.

For now,Sienna tops the chart...

But if you don't care about brands, you can go for an Hyundai Entourage, Kia Sedona, Nissan Quest from 2008.

Whatsapp me on the number in my signature for more advise
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by DGD1(m): 12:30am On May 04, 2020
For a transport business as you stated, the 1st generation sienna wouldn't pay off in terms of passenger comfort.(back glass)

The avensis verso will be a better alternative IMO.

If you can save up for the latter model of sienna (2003 above) then you are good to go.
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by bartundey(m): 2:29am On May 04, 2020
DGD1:
For a transport business as you stated, the 1st generation sienna wouldn't pay off in terms of passenger comfort.(back glass)

The avensis verso will be a better alternative IMO.

If you can save up for the latter model of sienna (2003 above) then you are good to go.

The Toyota Avensis verso will remain my first love but couldn’t get it in the Americans market,l was told it was designed for the European market.l need useful information on how to purchase and ship from Europe.

As second choice l will prefer the second generation Sienna because the first generation seems too old for me as first car. Please what’s the major difference besides the years and some upgrades.

In terms of :
Fuel consumption
Maintenance
Durability

Thanks
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by bartundey(m): 2:31am On May 04, 2020
TPound:

But if you don't care about brands, you can go for an Hyundai Entourage, Kia Sedona, Nissan Quest from 2008.

Okay thanks
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by Lexusgs430: 8:04am On May 04, 2020
Mercedes Benz GL.......
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by bartundey(m): 10:50am On May 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Mercedes Benz GL.......
Funny
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by Lexusgs430: 10:54am On May 04, 2020
bartundey:
Funny

It's got 7 seats, that can be folded to carry goods from the farm and it's got street presence.....

What's not to like?
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by soloehis(m): 11:04am On May 04, 2020
TPound:

stay far away from Nissan quest if u want to live long
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by TPound(m): 11:27am On May 04, 2020
soloehis:
stay far away from Nissan quest if u want to live long

Did you check my quote? I said from 2008 upwards... I know the 2004-2007 was produced by the devil himself

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by Lexusgs430: 11:31am On May 04, 2020
TPound:

Did you check my quote? I said from 2008 upwards... I know the 2004-2007 was produced by the devil himself

Nissan corporation too would ask you the QUESTion.......

Who ask you to buy am.......... cheesy grin
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by TPound(m): 11:35am On May 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Nissan corporation too would ask you the QUESTion.......

Who ask you to buy am.......... cheesy grin

Lexus ask who who wants to buy the 2004-2007 model
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by soloehis(m): 11:37am On May 04, 2020
TPound:

you can say that again..my friend used 2004 Nissan quest..that car only brought tears,sorrow and pains to the family from the inception the car was received from Canada..
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by Lexusgs430: 11:40am On May 04, 2020
soloehis:
you can say that again..my friend used 2004 Nissan quest..that car only brought tears,sorrow and pains to the family from the inception the car was received from Canada..

Sifia pains....... cheesy
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by Lexusgs430: 11:42am On May 04, 2020
TPound:

Lexus ask who who wants to buy the 2004-2007 model

Those looking for cheap vehicles, without nairaland for companion....... Go still buy am..... wink
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by TPound(m): 11:52am On May 04, 2020
soloehis:

Did your friend learn fist cuffs with mechanics too?

That one must dey
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by FEGEITOK: 12:54pm On May 04, 2020
TPound:

Hyundai Entourage and Kia Sedona built for need for speed

I have been dusted severally even after maxing out my speedo on Benin Asaba and Sagamu Exp Ways
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by TPound(m): 1:20pm On May 04, 2020
FEGEITOK:

Hyundai Entourage and Kia Sedona built for need for speed

I have been dusted severally even after maxing out my speedo on Benin Asaba and Sagamu Exp Ways

I don't get
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by FEGEITOK: 1:46pm On May 04, 2020
TPound:

I don't get

Both will outrun the Sienna
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by TPound(m): 1:49pm On May 04, 2020
FEGEITOK:

Both will outrun the Sienna

Like the video of a corolla trying to overtake a BMW that went viral grin

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by FEGEITOK: 2:14pm On May 04, 2020
TPound:

Like the video of a corolla trying to overtake a BMW that went viral grin

Both will outrun the Sienna and then disappear into thin air.... link to that video please
Re: Please Recommend Affordable Family Minivan by TPound(m): 2:32pm On May 04, 2020
FEGEITOK:

Both will outrun the Sienna and then disappear into thin air.... link to that video please

Whatsapp me on the number in my signature and I'll send you the video

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Sign On Camry Dashboard / Someone Give Me A Helping Hand MAF Sensor Identification / Cost Of 75amps Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.