Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? (31124 Views)

How Come There Was No Lockdown For Ebola Which Was Deadlier? / Life Has Returned To Normalcy In Madagascar. No Lockdown! No Forced Holidays! / COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by jubrilELsudan: 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
I YAM ON THE SIDE OF KUKUNASE.

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Jokerman(m): 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
No lockdown

Everyone follow safety guidelines

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by lavenderjade(m): 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
izzou:
For me, I still support the LOCKDOWN for the next one month

Let us sacrifice this little time and see the curve flatten to a reasonable extent.

Nigerians sef are not helping. Stay at home, everyone is screaming hunger (which is true). But isn't it better to feel hunger, than see your loved ones die because of something without cure?

Face masks can be enforced, but it's difficult for Social distancing to be. From markets, to banks, to busstops, to churches, to everywhere....Only walking along Idumota or Obalende sef na wahala

If this lockdown is lifted, na God hand we dey. NCDC are already overburdened despite thelockdown. Imagine when it's lifted

This is a very big risk to be taken on Monday. God will see us through

You nor wise

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Perfecttouchade: 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
Who knows if there wasn't any lockdown then we might have figures higher than this..if the lockdown will help in tackling this Virus then abeg make we just jejely accept o, and make government help the masses with palliatives

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Prechgold1180(m): 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Sweden is not on lockdown and has never been on lockdown and heaven did not fall.. So what is all these noise that bodies will be flying around. The bodies that herds men and Boko don kill wetin happen?...
dubai relaxed it lockdown yesterday my men dey dere dey flex now
If not for this late visa I for dey dat way

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by miketayo(m): 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
philo04:
Settle it like this for lock down click share against lockdown click like ....voting ends by 10pm tonight

We want reasons for opinions.
Stop looking for likes and shares

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
Well, the nonsense clearly isn't working.

I choose to call it a "lock-jam".

You should know where I stand on this.

Ease it up a little or do away with it completely.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by iCauseTrouble: 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lockdown

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Koolking(m): 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
netpro:
With the rampaging pandemic not slowing down and many folks suffering under the pressure of hunger, there is a great debate on whether the lockdown should be lifted.

Option 1:
Maintain the lockdown, provide palliatives and increase testing and medical response.

Option 2:
Lift lockdown within the country, block international flights, enforce face masks, hand washing, use of hand sanitisers, etc. And let us battle it head long till there is a cure.

Which part of the debate are you?

Option 2 can never work in a country like Nigeria. Citizens, especially Lagosians have not complied with the mandatory lockdown, how much more voluntary lockdown. Our case will be worst than USA if option 2 is applied. A lot of Nigerian still don't believe there is COVID-19, they feel govt is lying hence they're asking for names, pictures and videos of the patients. These are the types that will infect thousands due to their careless living out of freedom.

Mandatory lockdown and complete enforcement by the military (not the Police) at least 2 more weeks will flatten the curve.

Palliatives? Govt can not provide palliatives for everybody. Where is the fund? We have to stop deceiving ourselves. We are in a war situation. Who will survive will survive. Factly, humans will always adjust and adapt for survival.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Perfecttouchade: 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
Make Nigeria case no be like Italy and America o, if lockdown is the way then no wahala...our government can not handle the outbreak o

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
The only advantage of this lockdown is the decrease in Road Accidents..

On a normal day, people die everyday.

The Abula ado blast sef claimed plenty lives...

What's the fuse with this Corona virus sef?

Anybody Wey go die go die.

All die na die.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Confirmedzombie: 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
For me the lockdown should continue without any pallative.

Nigerians have money to pay tithes online, sow seed yet they cry of hunger.

I urge the FG to lockdown all states and declare 24hrs curfew

Only tough hand on Nigerians can help us fight this virus.

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by waledeji(m): 3:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
[quote author=Machiefona post=88863215]baby boy kiss
happy Sunday and Ramadan kareem

Shatap and do your canceling job. Plenty work dey on ground for you cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 26, 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Yungwealth(m): 3:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
netpro:
With the rampaging pandemic not slowing down and many folks suffering under the pressure of hunger, there is a great debate on whether the lockdown should be lifted.

Option 1:
Maintain the lockdown, provide palliatives and increase testing and medical response.

Option 2:
Lift lockdown within the country, block international flights, enforce face masks, hand washing, use of hand sanitisers, etc. And let us battle it head long till there is a cure.

Which part of the debate are you?

Lockdown should be lifted asap

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by GeneralPula: 3:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by miketayo(m): 3:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Sweden is not on lockdown and has never been on lockdown and heaven did not fall.. So what is all these noise that bodies will be flying around. The bodies that herds men and Boko don kill wetin happen?...

Ur talking about Sweden that is sparsely populated, there is social distancing there already by default.
I don't know about other states but Lagos can't practice social distancing, it's can't work.

8 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Luckydubby7(m): 3:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
Everybody is airing his or her opinion.
For me I never supported lockdown from day one because they are not fighting anything.

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2020
Let's keep the lockdown for now.

Because the lockdown is why we are not at 10000 cases, with 3000 deaths right now.

Before you quote me and call me an evil person, consider our healthcare system cannot handle Italy and Spain level of crisis. And yes, Buhari should have fixed our health care, but even then, one cannot do much with a health budget less than $5billion, before looting happens.

Worst case scenairo, all our hospital beds could be filled with covid19 cases, and they would displace other serious cases, who then might die.

I know economy harsh, but at the same time I don't want Kano x 10 on my street.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lockdown

2 Likes

Confirmedzombie:
For me the lockdown should continue without any pallative.

Nigerians have money to pay tithes online, sow seed yet they cry of hunger.

I urge the FG to lockdown all states and declare 24hrs curfew

Only tough hand on Nigerians can help us fight this virus.

Looking for cheap mentions?

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
No lockdown. What nonsense!. angry
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Adakintroy2: 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
At 1000 to 1,000,000 american case your scarily behind the curve comparatively. What do you want God to do for you again?

Rather than look to America or Europe go with china. All the palliatives, use them to buy mask for the common man and gloves. Enforce strong regulations in public for face mask that's what China is doing.

When h.i.v came the solution was a simple rubber wrapped around the dick. Those who were decipline got save. What are we still killing ourselves for. Let us man up.

If this persist and there is global recession many of you won't meet your jobs oo.

That house you think you will stay for just few months may extend to yrs. That's when you Wil understand say there are 101 ways to die.

Heart attack from depression is another.

8 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by DontBullshitMe: 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lockdown isn't sustainable in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by mybbcnews: 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
COVID-19 PPE: China Confiscates Over 89 Million Inferior Face Masks.
https://www.mybbcnews.com/2020/04/China-confiscates-over-89-million-inferior-face-masks.html
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Scholarate: 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
VaselineCrew:

.but why kill the economy for a lockdown that is not being enforced?

aren't you reading the news of people out and about in various streets?

Just case the highways look empty, it doesn't mean people aren't outside. I was shocked when I came out one evening and saw an insane amount of people outside in my area jogging, strolling, gisting outside.

Even when receiving palliatives, the masses form crowds. Did you see the recent crowd of people in Lekki waiting for food?

Even thieves are still crowding, did you see the video in Kano of crowds stealing rice from food delivery trucks?

So on one hand you kill our economy, on the other hand, you implement a lockdown that is a sham. It's a lose lose situation.

You just nailed it. QED

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by hgnbello(m): 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
Option 1 Is D Best Due 2 D Rate D Case Keep Rising, Bt We All Knw Our Govt Cant Do It.

Am Going With Option 2 Cz Hunger Wan Kill Person 4 Dis Fasting Period

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
ObafemiAwoIowo:
if they can maintain lockdown with enough palliatives to go round and sustain like most countries
then no problem
also rapid testing.

but if they cannot maintain the lockdown

then option 2 should be necessary and applied

But you know they can’t provide commensurate palliatives. The negligible assistance they provide, don’t you notice how they always emphasize that it’s for the poorest of the poor?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

JOHESU Strike Claims Nigeria’s Only Neuropathologist / 490 New COVID-19 Cases, 382 Discharged And 7 Deaths On June 28 / Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.