Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? (31069 Views)

How Come There Was No Lockdown For Ebola Which Was Deadlier? / Life Has Returned To Normalcy In Madagascar. No Lockdown! No Forced Holidays! / COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Fogman(m): 4:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
fortran12:

It's easy to find ppl without facemasks so they can be prosecuted. But ones who travelled, how do u know the did?

Are you not a Nigerian? How efficient is our law enforcement agencies? You expect them to be in every hook and corners in Nigeria. It is very very impossible.
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Carshopper(m): 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
Fogman:

This is much more than face mask sir, our people don't even know the principles of using face mask, face mask is only but one of the many preventive method. Seen people with face mask, remove it to eat, what happens to there hand that might has been in contact with contaminated objects. You and I know that Nigerian can not keep to the precautive methods. We are not literate enough for it. Na Agberos u want ask to wear face mask? #StayHome #StaySafe

I don't believe this statement ...

You have seen people with facemask remove to eat - did you inform them they should sanitize with an alcohol based solution? Educate and enlighten

Whether we like it or not people will die from this virus ... we can not control the spread with a lockdown ... best we start seeking options to treatment.

Me and my immediate surroundings apply the face mask and sanitizer drill in n out of public spaces ... we dont want to be part of the other statistics ... please do the same within your immediate surroundings
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by femmy2010(m): 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
Rich4god:

It's obvious you are not in Nigeria.

Sir, I reside in Lagos, Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Cotton(m): 4:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
izzou:

Like I said, Nigerians flouted and are still flouting it

If the Government removes the lockdown, nothing spoil

But if(God forbid) bodies begin to litter everywhere, obviously a lockdown will be slammed on us. And by then, nobody will care about the death of the economy

You've said it all. We can be here talking rubbish about the economy but when things overcome us we will be begging for lockdown. Do you worry about the economy in the middle of a war? Yes people will suffer and die but more people will die if we don't get this under control. If ever we lose control we will need intervention from outsiders and that would come at a significant cost. Is it the outsiders that would not enforce a lockdown before they get control? Even if a vaccine is discovered, do you know how long it would take to vaccinate all Nigerians? Before that vaccine can be successfully administered there would be a lockdown. It is operational protocol.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Mizwisdom(f): 4:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
izzou:

I am a nuisance because i shared my opinion on a particular topic?

You took over that first page with your argument. Why didn't you just make your point and leave? For the first time I keep hearing gun shot every single night because people are robbing. Do you think this is a joke? people are now living in fear because we don't know what will happen and all you're thinking about is dead bodies.
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
zicoraads:
My problem is not food. I'm just tired of being indoors. That said, we can't be locked down forever.

I would have said the lockdown should be maintained, but there are too many people who are in need of food and other things that can't be gotten if they are locked in.

If only government was testing enough, and had provided enough palliatives. But they are not and there is no indication that they'll increase testing.

Be grateful for small mercies. Some people endured wars for years. Imagine being in your house for years afraid a bomb will come at anytime?
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Etinosa1234: 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2020
miketayo:

OMG whr r u getting ur info from
Beijing was on lockdown for straight 2 months plus.
sorry bro...jus confirmed it...
My bad

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Fogman(m): 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2020
Carshopper:

I don't believe this statement ...

You have seen people with facemask remove to eat - did you inform them they should sanitize with an alcohol based solution? Educate and enlighten

Whether we like it or not people will die from this virus ... we can not control the spread with a lockdown ... best we start seeking options to treatment.

Me and my immediate surroundings apply the face mask and sanitizer drill in n out of public spaces ... we dont want to be part of the other statistics ... please do the same within your immediate surroundings

I should be all over Nigeria informing people how to use there mask? You are an advocate for it, why not you start doing it.

You and your family are literate enough, do you know that more than 80% of Nigerians are illiterates and our kind of society does not obey rules and regulations
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by izzou(m): 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2020
Mizwisdom:

You took over that first page with your argument. Why didn't you just make your point and leave? For the first time I keep hearing gun shot every single night because people are robbing. Do you think this is a joke? people are now living in fear because we don't know what will happen and all you're thinking about is dead bodies.

So, you have no issues with those calling me names. But my replies makes me the nuisance, and i should be the one to shut up?

Noted ma

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Carshopper(m): 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
Fogman:

I should be all over Nigeria informing people how to use there mask? You are an advocate for it, why not you start doing it.

You and your family are literate enough, do you know that more than 80% of Nigerians are illiterates and our kind of society does not obey rules and regulations

Bitter truth ... some will turn to statistics. Lockdown or no lockdown

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 26, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Lockdown isn't sustainable in Nigeria.

Death is sustainable
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
izzou:

Like I said, Nigerians flouted and are still flouting it

If the Government removes the lockdown, nothing spoil

But if(God forbid) bodies begin to litter everywhere, obviously a lockdown will be slammed on us. And by then, nobody will care about the death of the economy
GBAM!!!!

If not for lockdown, I for buy you beer!!
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by mzhazel(f): 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2020
Flame4chi:
No lockdown.
My side has been tight. Kaduna. We only go out Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8 am to 6 pm.
To restock.
Please I'm very broke and almost running out of essentials. Please anyone in Kaduna can hit me up. I'm willing to work for Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I don't mind if I can't get an extension of days. I really need funds for sustainability as I'm here alone far from home. I can do anything legal, please.

Zero 8 zero 3 two seventy 82 45. Thanks
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by validstar1: 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2020
I go with Option 2. Option 1 has failed woefully and the lockdown is not helping matters in any form.
The lockdown should be stopped, all the talks of dead bodies is a sham.. ending the lockdown would not increase dead bodies whatsoever, we are Nigerians living in Nigeria.
Those working for private organizations that don't earn much are at home without any hope of salary. Some private sch teachers were not paid March salaries talkless of April.. Feeding is wahala, security is wahala.
We are to weigh our problems and tackle the menacing ones. Don't be deceived by the media, we're not whites nor yellow. We're Nigerians living in Nigeria, covid19 is not a threat to us. The lockdown is not doing anything

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by sean079: 4:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
Fogman:

We trusting our people to obey simple laid down rules is the first steps in building a nation. We cannot distrust our people and expect them to become developed and be civilised. No wonder Nigerian politician are contracting out simple task that can be done by citizens to foreigners. This mentality of judging our people incapable of simple tasks need to stop.
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by fortran12: 4:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
Fogman:

Are you not a Nigerian? How efficient is our law enforcement agencies? You expect them to be in every hook and corners in Nigeria. It is very very impossible.
You cannot kill the economy cos of a virus with 1 percent mortality rate. The other option is to lock down vulnerable ppl (who will die from the virus) and ask the rest to go about with masks gloves and provide hand cleansing kits all over.
The virus will be around for a long time. So Nigeria has to adapt.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by weedfada(m): 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
No fucking lockdown mehn! Just give me a week! I and my niggas will come up with a workable solution, suitable and peculiar to the region Nigeria.

It won't eradicate it, but there'll be a noticeable improvement. If not, hang me. " I stand on my word!"

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by fortran12: 4:41pm On Apr 26, 2020
Cotton:

You've said it all. We can be here talking rubbish about the economy but when things overcome us we will be begging for lockdown. Do you worry about the economy in the middle of a war? Yes people will suffer and die but more people will die if we don't get this under control. If ever we lose control we will need intervention from outsiders and that would come at a significant cost. Is it the outsiders that would not enforce a lockdown before they get control? Even if a vaccine is discovered, do you know how long it would take to vaccinate all Nigerians? Before that vaccine can be successfully administered there would be a lockdown. It is operational protocol.
So you rather healthy people die cos of lock down from a virus that kills only the old and vulnerable.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Rufai1314(m): 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
No lockdown

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Iamgrey5(m): 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
izzou:

How can social distancing be enforced in Lawanson market, Yaba, Idumota, Balogun or the likes?

How can we observe Social distancing in Danfos or motorbikes?

Even banks will first jampack people outside before they allow them to go in, in twos?

Let them just remove it. Anyhow it eventually ends up is our fate. But saying enlightenment and enforcement? We both know that's not happen

Just read through the comments of supposed "enlightened" Nigerians with the internet. Then imagine how an uneducated Nigerian would behave

Simple

1)New market day schedule for marketers

The leaders of the market would have to draw up a schedule that would ensure people come to markets to sell on different days of the week.

2) Members of task force would ensure people use mask by moving around those areas with loud speakers and providing face mask

3) Mobile sample collection centers would be set up to collect samples of people for testing within the market.

Innovation is needed in this situation

We can't wait till a vaccine is found before we open up our economy. We have closed our economy for a month and the cases are still going up.

What makes you think that by a months time that the cases would have reduced?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by femmy2010(m): 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
onyxo76:
so what happens if after 3 weeks and our cases have multiplied 4 times and you have lost your job due to economy crash? the truth is that we as humans will adapt to this covid of a thing once we are able to develop herd immunity.
we can't afford to go into economic depression like in the 1930 era just after the Spanish flu pandemic

First, the great depression of 1930 was not as a result of the Spanish Flue of 1918-1919 but a tumble in USA stocks which spread to other parts of the globe.
2ndly, if the movement is truly curtailed during this period the curve would be truly flattered. A security man went to Kano and back during the last 2 weeks and one of the people that died recently travelled from Lagos to Ondo. If movement is truly halted be sure Nigeria would be out of the wood.
Economic crash is inevitable but I trust and believe Nigeria and Nigerians to bounce back stronger than before.
If 100,000,000 Nigerians get infected and 5% of that number dies which includes the parent of your enemy, siblings of a hater and kids of a known enemy just so we all can get infected to develop a medically unconfirmed immunity for getting reinfected?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by izzou(m): 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
fortran12:

So you rather healthy people die cos of lock down from a virus that kills only the old and vulnerable.

Really?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Krak(m): 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Sweden is not on lockdown and has never been on lockdown and heaven did not fall.. So what is all these noise that bodies will be flying around. The bodies that herds men and Boko don kill wetin happen?...

Sweden has a small population and matured people who rigorously follow laid down rules.

Nigeria is opposite of this.
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by DaRuud(m): 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2020
Na because you get food that's why you are saying this .

There is hunger in the land and the palliatives isn't reaching most people

izzou:
For me, I still support the LOCKDOWN for the next one month

Let us sacrifice this little time and see the curve flatten to a reasonable extent.

Nigerians sef are not helping. Stay at home, everyone is screaming hunger (which is true). But isn't it better to feel hunger, than see your loved ones die because of something without cure?

Face masks can be enforced, but it's difficult for Social distancing to be. From markets, to banks, to busstops, to churches, to everywhere....Only walking along Idumota or Obalende sef na wahala

If this lockdown is lifted, na God hand we dey. NCDC are already overburdened despite thelockdown. Imagine when it's lifted

This is a very big risk to be taken on Monday. God will see us through

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Avalancheman: 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2020
Koolking:

Above not from you?

Aside the 100,000 cases speculation which is not far from the truth, what else is false
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Mescopaul(m): 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2020
izzou:
For me, I still support the LOCKDOWN for the next one month

Let us sacrifice this little time and see the curve flatten to a reasonable extent.

Nigerians sef are not helping. Stay at home, everyone is screaming hunger (which is true). But isn't it better to feel hunger, than see your loved ones die because of something without cure?

Face masks can be enforced, but it's difficult for Social distancing to be. From markets, to banks, to busstops, to churches, to everywhere....Only walking along Idumota or Obalende sef na wahala

If this lockdown is lifted, na God hand we dey. NCDC are already overburdened despite thelockdown. Imagine when it's lifted

This is a very big risk to be taken on Monday. God will see us through

You're not being realistic or you haven't experienced hunger so you don't understand the reality.

How can you tell a man with a wife and kids to bear living on empty stomach daily for a month?

You're not being realistic at all.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by Dominatrix(f): 4:46pm On Apr 26, 2020
Wow. Really? undecided
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by ifysimple(f): 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
For me, I go for option 1.
Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by theGigolo: 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
izzou:

Really?

Guy see I like your analytical reasoning but I think it's not for everyone, your answer was so detailed that I had to read all the threads to read up on your follow up answers. Just ignore this people.

As at April 1st we had less than 200 cases
As at April 26th we have over 1000 cases

Make we dey see as e go first.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by izzou(m): 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
Iamgrey5:

Simple

1)New market day schedule for marketers

The leaders of the market would have to draw up a schedule that would ensure people come to markets to sell on different days of the week.

2) Members of task force would ensure people use mask by moving around those areas with loud speakers and providing face mask

3) Mobile sample collection centers would be set up to collect samples of people for testing within the market.

Innovation is needed in this situation

We can't wait till a vaccine is found till we open up our economy. We have closed our economy for a month and the cases are still going up.

What makes you think that by a months time that the cases would have reduced?

You obviously don't understand the essence of the lockdown.

The lockdown is to reduce the spread and discover the infected ones. The reason you have an increased number is because they have increased testing. When the lockdown started, only Lagos and Abuja was testing. Today, more than 10 states are testing

If you run 50,000 tests this evening, you'll definately see over 2000 that are infected.
Does it mean the number is increasing? No

It means you just discovered potential carriers. But then, lets remove the lockdown. and see the numbers reduce drastically(according to you)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by u11ae1013: 4:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
Cotton:

what a foolish comparison, hunger and convid 19,
Do you know the percentage of people that will die of hunger can be more than convid 19 going by its survival rate. Do not talk from your selfish point of view. We in Lagos can no longer sleep because of hungry hoodlums and we facing hunger during the day again, abeg Park well

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? by abdullkabar(m): 4:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
Its a tough question cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

*Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital / Ghana: 2 Suspected Cases Of Coronavirus Recorded In Accra / COVID-19: GTBank setting up 100-Bed Intensive Care Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.