Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home (972 Views)

Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? / Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. / Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by WorldklazzBae(f): 1:46pm On Apr 26, 2020
Have you ever had a reason to run away from home or have you ever thought of running away?
What made you run?
If you finally did not run, what stopped you....?
If you succeeded, where did you run to? Did you go back home at a point?
What actually happened to you when you were away?
Would you advice anyone to do same if they were in your shoes?
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by 1stola: 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
WorldklazzBae:
Have you ever had a reason to run away from home or have you ever thought of running away?
What made you run?
If you finally did not run, what stopped you....?
If you succeeded, where did you run to? Did you go back home at a point?
What actually happened to you when you were away?
Would you advice anyone to do same if they were in your shoes?
It seems you want to run away abi?

Don't just run under the dick of a lover...

IT WILL END IN TEARS!
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by WorldklazzBae(f): 2:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
1stola:

IT WILL END IN TEARS!
Not really. I was speaking with a friend yesterday and she was telling me she feels like running away from home. That's the reason for the thread.
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by missimelda01(f): 2:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
I ran away from home in my ss3 or so.. I was staying with my aunt then, one night I was accused wrongly, before I could explain myself one slap had landed on my face.. I was really hurt, so I left.. It was late in the night yet I kept walking until one lady stopped me after she saw that I was crying, she took me back home and that was it.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by WorldklazzBae(f): 2:51pm On Apr 26, 2020
missimelda01:
I ran away from home in my ss3 or so.. I was staying with my aunt then, one night I was accused wrongly, before I could explain myself one slap had landed on my face.. I was really hurt, so I left.. It was late in the night yet I kept walking until one lady stopped me after she saw that I was crying, she took me back home and that was it.
Sorry dear. Thank God you didn't go far sha.
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by bukatyne(f): 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2020
1stola:

IT WILL END IN TEARS!
Hahahahahahahaha!
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by bukatyne(f): 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2020
WorldklazzBae:

Not really. I was speaking with a friend yesterday and she was telling me she feels like running away from home. That's the reason for the thread.

Why does your friend feel like running away?
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by WorldklazzBae(f): 5:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
bukatyne:

Why does your friend feel like running away?
Family issues..... Infact the story is too long and she's a nairalander that's why I don't want to tell.
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by bukatyne(f): 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
WorldklazzBae:

Family issues..... Infact the story is too long and she's a nairalander that's why I don't want to tell.

Between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Unless she is certain of where she is running to and/or can sustain herself, she might be worse off.

She should lay low and work a post runaway plan.

That would make whatever she is going through easier to bear.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by kazvid(m): 7:54pm On Apr 26, 2020
U made me remember the day I ran away from home after receiving serious beating,I was 10 then.
Ran away in the morning na me still use my leg Waka go house for night when hunger won kill me.

If she z sure of where she z running to nd can take care of herself, she z good to go
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by cococandy(f): 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
three words, Don’t do it.

Unless you have someplace safer to go.
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by WorldklazzBae(f): 2:27am On Apr 27, 2020
kazvid:
U made me remember the day I ran away from home after receiving serious beating,I was 10 then.
Ran away in the morning na me still use my leg Waka go house for night when hunger won kill me.

If she z sure of where she z running to nd can take care of herself, she z good to go
She's not so small anymore and she has a skill that can sustain her. Although I told her not to.
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by WorldklazzBae(f): 2:28am On Apr 27, 2020
cococandy:
three words, Don’t do it.

Unless you have someplace safer to go.
Well I told her something in that line
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by cococandy(f): 2:32am On Apr 27, 2020
WorldklazzBae:

Well I told her something in that line
Right. If she’s not in any imminent danger of any kind, let her have a plan before she leaves.
Unpleasant doesn’t last forever but if she leaves without a plan and a means of achieving, she will be very vulnerable and thus more likely to get hurt.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by WorldklazzBae(f): 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2020
cococandy:

Right. If she’s not in any imminent danger of any kind, let her have a plan before she leaves.
Unpleasant doesn’t last forever but if she leaves without a plan and a means of achieving, she will be very vulnerable and thus more likely to get hurt.
Thank you. She'll hear

1 Like

Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by chii8(f): 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
No place like home is a witty statement, If she run away from home to Start squatting with a friend,that will be a great mistake, except she wants to run from home to her own rented apartment of which she will be able to offset the cost and the bills that will be forthcoming....

Some Nigerian parent don't believe in giving their own children space that they deserve,they want to get into everything you do, although the truth is, that's their own way of showing love.So at times,this can be choking to some individuals.You need to understand that they are just been parents.Bear with them.

Finally, except the person is been abused, moving away and not running away may be a reasonable option.
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by Pheurly2: 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2020
chii8:
No place like home is a witty statement, If she run away from home to Start squatting with a friend,that will be a great mistake, except she wants to run from home to her own rented apartment of which she will be able to offset the cost and the bills that will be forthcoming....

Some Nigerian parent don't believe in giving their own children space that they deserve,they want to get into everything you do, although the truth is, that's their own way of showing love.So at times,this can be choking to some individuals.You need to understand that they are just been parents.Bear with them.

Finally, except the person is been abused, moving away and not running away may be a reasonable Iption.

Ur post got. .i can't bear what I'm bearing any longer...i've been sexually abused from my little age. My parents don't advice ..their own is so far they pay school fees and give ur food and house...do what they say...fhey won't listen to wat u wanna say...even as d first child. ..
as if do knew what I've been planning on doing...
I'm moving out...i will struggle...will use my talents to survive...i wrote a thread now..a guy being abused.. cry cry cry
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by lanibi(f): 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2020
I once thought about running away from home during my teenage years. A tempting offer came from a guy who has been disturbing me to date him but deep down I know that going there would destroy my life and dreams.

In summary, home training was staring me in the face like this cheesy and I couldn't bring myself to run away to relatives place not to talk of a guy's house.
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by chii8(f): 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2020
Pheurly2:

Ur post got. .i can't bear what I'm bearing any longer...i've been sexually abused from my little age. My parents don't advice ..their own is so far they pay school fees and give ur food and house...do what they say...fhey won't listen to wat u wanna say...even as d first child. ..
I'm moving out...i will struggle...will use my talents to survive...i wrote a thread now..a guy being abused.. cry cry cry

Chaiii....my dear God will guide your path and make way for you, God's not through with you, don't give up, you are special and unique, the enemy want to cut short your joy but they won't succeed.But is there another family member, friendor neighbor who is aware of the abuse?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by Missmossy(f): 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2020
I wanted running away when I was in secondary school too jss3 or so when my mom became so wicked grin and began beating one week like that.

I told both mom and dad one family dinner and they were both begging me and mom apologized and said she was only correcting me bla bla...

Even if I did I must definitely go back home same day when I miss my momma’s food embarassed
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by Pheurly2: 2:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
chii8:

Chaiii....my dear God will guide your path and make way for you, God's not through with you, don't give up, you are special and unique, the enemy want to cut short your joy but they won't succeed.But is there another family member, friendor neighbor who is aware of the abuse?

Still yet i told d same parent of mine about the abuse...they treat me as if nothing happened....
I feel bad each day
Re: What's Your Thoughts On Running Away From Home by WorldklazzBae(f): 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2020
Pheurly2:

Really deep. Sorry dear the Lord is your strength. Do what you gat to do and God will surely heal your wounded soul and see you through in this battle of life.

(1) (Reply)

Controversy Over Couple's Death In Enugu, As Wife's Family Hold On To Kids / Experienced Mothers Help Me / My Husband’s Mistress Tried To Kill Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.