Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,874 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160776 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 11:53am On Jun 26, 2020
Welcome on board dear.. Only the VO can accurately answer if it can be waived or not but I'll suggest you apply with what you have available.. Will you rather forfeit ur admission and Canadian study dream cos of unavailable tax certificate? I hope not.

No application is 100% and that's why it is God that makes all the difference.. Good luck

Mogullet:
I hail all the Gurus in the house, I'm new to Nairaland and I must say this thread has been of immense help to me. Read thru a lot of the info you guys have put out and it has put strong confidence in my heart to apply for the canadian study Visa by myself. God bless you all.

I have a question to ask please and I have not seen anyone talk extensively about it.

I have a personal business which I run with my husband, got admission to study at Saskpoly, have every required doc but the only issue is that I don't have tax certificate for my business and this business is my sponsor and tie back home. Can I go ahead to submit all the other documents without it, can it be waived by any means?

Please help urgently!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
Good Afternoon Everyone,

How do an Applicant book an Appointment for Biometrics after Receiving a BIOMETRIC INSTRUCTION LETTER?

We hope & pray the VFS Nigerian' Office Open Soon

Thanks..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dterm: 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hello all.
This thread has been super helpful. God bless you all
Should I bother applying to MUN if I have a second class lower. 2.3/4. I have about 4 years work experience
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 1:44pm On Jun 26, 2020
Dterm:
Hello all.
Should I bother applying to MUN if I have a second class lower. 2.3/4. I have about 4 years work experience

No you can't apply for a masters. Your best destination is a college.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
Dterm:
Hello all.
No u can't Apply for MASTERS

Your best option is to go for a PGD - Post Graduate Diploma, or a Post Grad. Certificate in a college (DLI Institute), either in a Program based on ur Bachelor's degree or a program based on ur Work Experience

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
Mogullet:
I hail all the Gurus in the house, I'm new to Nairaland and I must say this thread has been of immense help to me. Read thru a lot of the info you guys have put out and it has put strong confidence in my heart to apply for the canadian study Visa by myself. God bless you all.

I have a question to ask please and I have not seen anyone talk extensively about it.

I have a personal business which I run with my husband, got admission to study at Saskpoly, have every required doc but the only issue is that I don't have tax certificate for my business and this business is my sponsor and tie back home. Can I go ahead to submit all the other documents without it, can it be waived by any means?

Please help urgently!

You can submit the other supporting documents of the business without the tax clearance certificate.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

How do an Applicant book an Appointment for Biometrics after Receiving a BIOMETRIC INSTRUCTION LETTER?

Thanks..

Please refer to the below link.

HOW TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR BIOMETRICS.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dterm: 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
Lekiboboe:

No u can't Apply for MASTERS

Your best option is to go for a PGD - Post Graduate Diploma, or a Post Grad. Certificate in a college (DLI Institute), either in a Program based on ur Bachelor's degree or a program based on ur Work Experience
Thank you. Although most colleges I’m seeing are even more expensive than unis.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
peruz:
Hi Frank,I will appreciate your advice, I'm trying to re-apply for a study visa after I was denied last year, I got a job at an agric firm precisely their business department which aligns with the program I'm applying for (global business management) while I'm gathering the new additional details,I find out that the bank statement I used in my previous application which has good inflow and outflow is not the one that my present company required for my monthly salary, though I pick up my monthly cheque with the HR department.I would like to hear your opinion concerning this issue since the company stated clearly in my JOB OFFER AND CONFIRMATION LETTER that I should always pick up my monthly check at the HR desk? More so,I would like to know if I should add the other account that shows my monthly salary but does not have inflow and outflow aside my cheque deposit or I should go ahead with the previous account or add the new account to my application

My direct advise without taking much of your time is to submit the bank statement that shows proof of evidence of salary payment about your current job at the agricultural firm.

Let me know if you require any further assistance in this regard.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
Dterm:

Why not check New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) for her post graduate programs. The school is relatively cheaper in comparison with other colleges in Canada. Though all their PGC programs begins on every September.

It will end in praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
Dterm:

Finding affordable colleges in Canada for international student can be very daunting especially because of the high tuition fee as compared to domestic students

As an international student u will need to pay more

U can check the links of the following quite affordable colleges below if they av a PGD/PGC program related to ur Bachelor's Degree or Work Experience

Holland College
https://www.hollandcollege.com/

New Brunswick Community College - https://nbcc.ca/tuition-fees

Bow Valley College
- https://bowvalleycollege.ca

Confederation College - http://www.confederationcollege.ca

Naigara College -
https://www.niagaracollege.ca

Camosun College -
http://camosun.ca

Lethbridge College -
https://lethbridgecollege.ca

Vanier College - http://www.vaniercollege.qc.ca/mikete...

Fanshawe College
- https://www.fanshawec.ca

Selkirk College
- http://www.selkirk.ca

Loyalist College - https://www.loyalistcollege.com

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by impeccablerose: 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
Good afternoon everyone,

Thanks to those who provide guidance for newbies on this platform.

Regarding proof of funds supporting documents, i have 3 accounts. One is a salary account and the other 2 are savings accounts. I intend to move the funds in the 2 savings account into my salary account and submit the salary account statement. However, the source of the funds will definitely raise questions.

Will the statement of accounts of the two savings account be sufficient to explain the source of the transferred funds into my salary account?

Or

Do i still have to explain this in my LOE?

Note: the balance in the two savings account will be zero after the transfer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2020
- Fully funded MSc and PhD opportunity in Veterinary Microbiology at University of Saskatchewan Canada

MSc in Strain diversity and infection phenotype of the Lyme disease pathogen

PhD in Ecology of mixed strain infections in the Lyme disease pathogen

Link: https://researchers.usask.ca/maarten-voordouw/

-Fully Funded PhD Opportunity in Public Health at University of Saskatchewan Canada

Title:
Listening and learning: applying a community based participatory approach to design a physical literacy model for Indigenous Older Adults

Link: https://usask.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=5742&site=14

-Fully funded MSc and PhD opportunity in Parasitology (Vet Microbiology) at University of Saskatchewan Canada

Link: https://usask.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=5449&site=14

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chikaima18: 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hello bosses Frankrobbn1, JustMellow and other bosses . My application was refused today and the reasons are very confusing. Please advise. I do not have any relative in Canada.

2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Please refer to the below link.

HOW TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR BIOMETRICS.

It will end in praise
Thanks @Frankrobbn1

Appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2020
This is weird. Did you apply for ETA?

Chikaima18:
Hello bosses. My application was refused today and the reasons are very confusing. Please advise. I do not have any relative in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chikaima18: 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nope I didnt. That's why its confusing to me too. I uploaded my kids USA passports though. Dont know if that had any role in this error.

dommakavelli:
This is weird. Did you apply for ETA?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
Chikaima18:
Hello bosses Frankrobbn1, JustMellow and other bosses . My application was refused today and the reasons are very confusing. Please advise. I do not have any relative in Canada.

Was this a study permit application?
Do you have an active visa as at the time of this applying for either US and Canada.

They are not talking about a relative. They are talking about you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by eightyeight: 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2020
Chikaima18:
Nope I didnt. That's why its confusing to me too. I uploaded my kids USA passports though. Dont know if that had any role in this error.

are you a Nigerian citizen resident in the u.s?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chikaima18: 4:36pm On Jun 26, 2020
Yes study permit application. Was my second application. I have gone through the forms I submitted and I can confirm that I did not apply for ETA. I had an active USA visa at the time of applying for the Canada study permit.

Anon123:

Was this a study permit application?
Do you have an active visa as at the time of this applying for either US and Canada.

They are not talking about a relative. They are talking about you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ron5ke: 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
I don't know what is going on in Concordia o cos i am angry. I applied since January and I was told it takes 16weeks before a decision can be made. 16weeks after, I got nothing. I kept emailing the admission department and they kept apologising. I finally emailed the admission arm of the program faculty and she told me she would send my file to the admissions department(since January). In her words; "Sorry, I have been busy. I will send your file to the admissions today and we will wait for response" Since January o! 1hr 36mins later I got a refusal letter stating that they had large applications blah blah blah... This is really not fair. Time and resources wasted just like that with no tangible reason.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hello people,

Please what are the requirements to open or register a business in Canada? Are there different rules in every province?

@Frankrobbn1 @justmellow @lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Shizzleadedapo(m): 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
Wunaarroon69post=91100081:
Hello people,

Please what are the requirements to open or register a business in Canada? Are there different rules in every province?

@Frankrobbn1 @justmellow @lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Shizzleadedapo(m): 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
@Frankrobin @Justwise @justmellow Hello gurus in the house please I submitted my application and somehow omitted my SOP, please what can I do about this, is it advisable to send it via mail to the embassy I just submitted my application few hours ago online and I already have biometrics. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nochyks87: 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Thanks..

Use this link:

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jwon1: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Ok but is this protocol specified by IRCC? cos while uploading IMM forms, there are sections that u must upload just filled forms while there are others that you can afford to scan and upload. The family section is one of those were u can print, sign and upload scanned forms, so I think other documents can be merged to the IMM form for this family section.

Only a superior argument with proof where an applicant has been denied or requested to submit supporting documents already merged & uploaded in this section will make it a fact; else I think it's up to choice and interpretation.

So I look forward to examples from the past.

While I do not have a proof for you as requested. I just need to point out to you that you are not expected to print and sign the IMM forms before you can upload if you are applying online.

With your Acrobat/Adobe Reader - you can electronically fill the document and validate it, and if you are concerned about the signatory part, I believe your e-signature (your full name) during the process of transmitting the application to IRCC covers that.

While you can challenge the status quo --- you or the person in question can give it a trial if you decide to follow the abovementioned plan. We will be glad to read your update.

(Talking about online application).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 7:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Hi.. Is there a law that said we must submit the family form alone? Was thinking he can merge all family documents and pictures +IMM form and upload in this section to reduce the documents in Client section

There is no law but if you read the instruction under this document (when you click on the blue question mark), it specifically describes only the family information form. I believe if there was the need to add any other supporting family documents there it would have mentioned that. Again, this is just my opinion and it is not absolute.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
Shizzleadedapo:
@Frankrobin @Justwise @justmellow Hello gurus in the house please I submitted my application and somehow omitted my SOP, please what can I do about this, is it advisable to send it via mail to the embassy I just submitted my application few hours ago online and I already have biometrics. Thanks

You forgot the only important doc in your app. You have tp send via webform immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2020
I get ur point about waiting to read my update.. Hopefully, you won't hear bad news from me by God's grace.
I have read several testimonies of people that got approvals despite arranging their documents how they thought best. ILoveTheLord is an example.

jwon1:

While I do not have a proof for you as requested. I just need to point out to you that you are not expected to print and sign the IMM forms before you can upload if you are applying online.

With your Acrobat/Adobe Reader - you can electronically fill the document and validate it, and if you are concerned about the signatory part, I believe your e-signature (your full name) during the process of transmitting the application to IRCC covers that.

While you can challenge the status quo --- you or the person in question can give it a trial if you decide to follow the abovementioned plan. We will be glad to read your update.

(Talking about online application).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
Thank you for pointing this out. I appreciate
The family forms I downloaded for that section had parents info different from sibling info. I guess I downloaded the wrong forms (IMM 5645 & 5707) then cos the only way to submit both will be to merge them. Pls which is the right form for that section cos it seems like only 1 form is required there

TimAke:
There is no law but if you read the instruction under this document (when you click on the blue question mark), it specifically describes only the family information form. I believe if there was the need to add any other supporting family documents there it would have mentioned that. Again, this is just my opinion and it is not absolute.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.