Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160966 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
ron5ke:
I don't know what is going on in Concordia o cos i am angry. I applied since January and I was told it takes 16weeks before a decision can be made. 16weeks after, I got nothing. I kept emailing the admission department and they kept apologising. I finally emailed the admission arm of the program faculty and she told me she would send my file to the admissions department(since January). In her words; "Sorry, I have been busy. I will send your file to the admissions today and we will wait for response" Since January o! 1hr 36mins later I got a refusal letter stating that they had large applications blah blah blah... This is really not fair. Time and resources wasted just like that with no tangible reason.

This is so so sad. I think you should write an emotional and down to heart letter to who ever delay that application and humbly ask if they can consider you for January admission or something.

I hope you have another school as an alternative.

So sorry bro!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
Chikaima18:
Hello bosses Frankrobbn1, JustMellow and other bosses . My application was refused today and the reasons are very confusing. Please advise. I do not have any relative in Canada.

This rejection reason is so unique. If you check through all your doc, information and every details in your file. You may find a lead.

In other scenario, you may provide a background overview about your profile submission, so that gurus can figure out the reason for this rejection.

This is not a generic refusal. Your files were checked thoroughly, although, there may be a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 8:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Thank you for pointing this out. I appreciate
The family forms I downloaded for that section had parents info different from sibling info. I guess I downloaded the wrong forms (IMM 5645 & 5707) then cos the only way to submit both will be to merge them. Pls which is the right form for that section cos it seems like only 1 form is required there

I do not think you need two forms. You only need the form IMM 5645 and it allows you to fill information about yourself, your spouse(if you have) and your parents (in Section A), your children (in Section B) and your siblings (in Section C).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ijeanwuli: 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2020
Please are you starting in September or January

I think it is best for you to have all the money in your account to show financial ability

YemmyPOG:
Hello once again, please I need clarity for the below situation: I got admission into Usask for Masters in public administration.

1. What is the ideal/minimum balance I am supposed to write on my form Imm 1294e if my tuition fee is $19,500(payable per credit courses enrolled) for the whole 16months program.
Note however, the following costs were outlined on my admission letter for one academic year.
Tuition: $9,778
Estimated Living expenses for off campus/On campus respectively: $13,410 /$17,260
Books and supplies:$1350-$1600
Student fee :$1070
My confusion now is, to present proof of funds available for my studies, am i supposed to strictly show a total of the cost outlined by the school on my admission letter ? OR show the whole $19,500 + $10,000 as recommended by IRCC ?

2. On the imm1294e, I have the option to either choose one of; self-sponsored, parents or other. I have 6million in my fixed deposit account(4mths old) which is not enough to cover the entire expenses. I really want to pick self sponsorship as I read somewhere on this thread it shows more financial credibility for married and older individuals (I am 35yrs old , female and married with 3kids). I have someone(potential sponsor) who is willing to transfer additional 5million to my account temporarily, should I go ahead and do this and then claim I sold one of my land. Or just opt for co-sponsorship using a family friend with 15million credit balance in her SOA.
Sorry for my epistle but I need answers to this confusion. Thank you as you do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wizzywatever: 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
TimAke:
I do not think you need two forms. You only need the form IMM 5645 and it allows you to fill information about yourself, your spouse(if you have) and your parents (in Section A), your children (in Section B) and your siblings (in Section C).

Noted with thanks.

But why could I upload multiple merged documents in this section? The sections for IMM 1294e & 5257b are the only sections that didn't allow any upload except the validated and unsigned filled forms? Even medical section allowed upload of scanned documents. I'm just wondering why this is a big deal, like can someone's application be refused because he uploaded documents 'wrongly'. I'm struggling to understand it.. If every other document is to be merged into Client section, we'll shrink size till quality will disappear..

Successful applicants that merged IMM forms with other documents for online application, pls holla tongue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nochyks87: 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ijeanwuli:
Please are you starting in September or January

I think it is best for you to have all the money in your account to show financial ability

@YemmyPOG
In addition to any other suggestions that will be given to you by the more experienced people, I advise you should also show funds that would be used to carter for your family in your absence. This was one of the refusal reasons in my first application: "Personal assets and financial status". Eventually, in my 2nd application, I had to show around 3.5 million and state clearly in my SOP that its for my family while am away. You might use a lesser amount, it depends on what you have. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
Could you have answered any of the eligibility questions wrongly? There is a section where they ask if you are a US green card holder, what did you choose? We can only speculate tbh, so I'll recommend you request a GCMS note.

Chikaima18:
Nope I didnt. That's why its confusing to me too. I uploaded my kids USA passports though. Dont know if that had any role in this error.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Noted with thanks.

But why could I upload multiple merged documents in this section? The sections for IMM 1294e & 5257b are the only sections that didn't allow any upload except the validated and unsigned filled forms? Even medical section allowed upload of scanned documents. I'm just wondering why this is a big deal, like can someone's application be refused because he uploaded documents 'wrongly'. I'm struggling to understand it.. If every other document is to be merged into Client section, we'll shrink size till quality will disappear..

Successful applicants that merged IMM forms with other documents for online application, pls holla tongue

Find attached from part 15 so until I see counter proof, merging files for other sections is valid

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by YemmyPOG: 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
Noted. Thanks .quote author=nochyks87 post=91110935]

@YemmyPOG
In addition to any other suggestions that will be given to you by the more experienced people, I advise you should also show funds that would be used to carter for your family in your absence. This was one of the refusal reasons in my first application: "Personal assets and financial status". Eventually, in my 2nd application, I had to show around 3.5 million and state clearly in my SOP that its for my family while am away. You might use a lesser amount, it depends on what you have. Good luck[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by frostfr89: 11:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
@Anon123

Please could you send a private DM, i would like to ask some few questions

I dont know how it works

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by YemmyPOG: 11:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
@pee2jay9 but what you attached from thread 15 is a different thing from what you seem hell-bent on doing o. . Every section on document requirements has a ( ?)sign to help clarify all this things and it clearly states Imm family information form( NOT supporting docs) .Me I think it's better to be safe than sorry Sha. Goodluck to all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
frostfr89:
@Anon123

Please could you send a private DM, i would like to ask some few questions

I dont know how it works

Thanks

Just did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by frostfr89: 11:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
Anon123:

Just did

okay, i just sent an email request back also followed you

do we chat via email? or a private dm here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 11:53pm On Jun 26, 2020
YemmyPOG:
@pee2jay9 but what you attached from thread 15 is a different thing from what you seem hell-bent on doing o. . Every section on document requirements has a ( ?)sign to help clarify all this things and it clearly states Imm family information form( NOT supporting docs) .Me I think it's better to be safe than sorry Sha. Goodluck to all of us.

I'm not hell bent o, I just want us to be certain of points we call valid and discretionary.

The post from part 15 proved that merged documents can be uploaded in the family section which is infact my point. I'm wondering why we can merge documents, upload it in that section and it will go through and yet, we say it's wrong to do so.. I'm neither a VO nor a Guru but just want absolute truth rather than personal opinion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:23am On Jun 27, 2020
frostfr89:

okay, i just sent an email request back also followed you

do we chat via email? or a private dm here?

Replied your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jwon1: 1:09am On Jun 27, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
I get ur point about waiting to read my update.. Hopefully, you won't hear bad news from me by God's grace.
I have read several testimonies of people that got approvals despite arranging their documents how they thought best. ILoveTheLord is an example.

I won't hear bad news from you by God's grace.

It will end in praise!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luvable07: 4:46am On Jun 27, 2020
Kindly furnish me with information on How to pay my school fees through bank transfer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:42am On Jun 27, 2020
nochyks87:

Use this link:

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment

Thanks for the link @nochyks87
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunleraji(m): 7:06am On Jun 27, 2020
hello
please for the police clearance am I meant to upload all the pages (including the fingerprint page) or just the certificate itself?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:16am On Jun 27, 2020
Kunleraji:
hello
please for the police clearance am I meant to upload all the pages (including the fingerprint page) or just the certificate itself?

Upload all pages, The Certificate, Fingerprint page & the final page which has ur Profile & Stamped Passport Photograph
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunleraji(m): 7:34am On Jun 27, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Upload all pages, The Certificate, Fingerprint page & the final page which has ur Profile & Stamped Passport Photograph

Thanks boss,God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:26am On Jun 27, 2020
Kunleraji:

Thanks boss,God bless you
U are Welcome, Amen!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 11:05am On Jun 27, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

I'm not hell bent o, I just want us to be certain of points we call valid and discretionary.

The post from part 15 proved that merged documents can be uploaded in the family section which is infact my point. I'm wondering why we can merge documents, upload it in that section and it will go through and yet, we say it's wrong to do so.. I'm neither a VO nor a Guru but just want absolute truth rather than personal opinion.

In my opinion, what you posted from part 15 and what you want to do are different. In the application portal, it was mentioned that you can merge your family info IMM form with extra 'IMM form page' if your family information couldn't be contained in the given IMM form. It didn't mention that you can merge your additional family document (which is not an IMM form) to the family IMM form for upload.

Disclaimer: I am just clarifying what I read, I don't know if it can be done or not i.e. to merge IMM form with another document.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by koonleh: 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2020
Pls before I start this process, do anyone have an idea of estimated amount of the whole process of a study visa. Pls I want to know if I can handle it before starting. A mother and 2 kids, but kids not going with her now.

Thank u. I will appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2020
Dear mother, welcome on board. Nobody can estimate how much it cost because u need to get admission first. With different institutions having different fees for different courses and degree types, nobody can arrive at a figure for you.

U need to ready this thread at least from page 1 to get suggestions of schools and other valid info. Then use google to do your search and make your selections personally. Good luck

koonleh:
Pls before I start this process, do anyone have an idea of estimated amount of the whole process of a study visa. Pls I want to know if I can handle it before starting. A mother and 2 kids, but kids not going with her now.

Thank u. I will appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by koonleh: 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Dear mother, welcome on board. Nobody can estimate how much it cost because u need to get admission first. With different institutions having different fees for different courses and degree types, nobody can arrive at a figure for you.

U need to ready this thread at least from page 1 to get suggestions of schools and other valid info. Then use google to do your search and make your selections personally. Good luck

Thank u, I knw about the admission, I just want to knw the cost of the study visa application process. I already have an idea of the sch I want.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by thompson1510(m): 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2020
ron5ke:
I don't know what is going on in Concordia o cos i am angry. I applied since January and I was told it takes 16weeks before a decision can be made. 16weeks after, I got nothing. I kept emailing the admission department and they kept apologising. I finally emailed the admission arm of the program faculty and she told me she would send my file to the admissions department(since January). In her words; "Sorry, I have been busy. I will send your file to the admissions today and we will wait for response" Since January o! 1hr 36mins later I got a refusal letter stating that they had large applications blah blah blah... This is really not fair. Time and resources wasted just like that with no tangible reason.
Mine was worse!!! Got an admission and had to defer coz of the time frame!!! My visa couldn’t be processed earlier. I started from the scratch and re-applied!!! I was shocked to get a refusal letter!!! Telling me my result which was 4.11/5.00 was too small compared to other applicants!!! Me don comot mind for canada ooo...na Australia my mind dey now!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gbjobs1: 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
Emmyinks:

I got admission in Regina and Wes is compulsory for the department that needs it. In fact my application was shifted to the next term because WES makes me go beyond deadline.
However, I think is not all course that requires Wes. I was ask to confirm if my department need Wes. But if you can do it, I will fasten your process

Hello, did you get funding with your admission? A friend of mine just got admitted and he was told to apply for funding after the first term.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
@Lekiboboe

Please stop attaching YouTube videos to your post.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.