Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,233 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160466 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by angelfancycute(f): 3:23am On Jul 05, 2020
YemmyPOG:
Pls how can I explain 3million(credit boost from my boss) transferred into my account today when I intend to submit my application in 5days . The only history of such large sum in my account was 6million that I transferred and converted into a fixed deposit in February. I now have a closing balance of N9.3million. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot all in the name of proving financial stability.. Cc: @Frankrobbn1, @Justwise, @Justmellow . Pls I really need your input on this too. Thanks.

Urgent!!! Please i need someone to review my Pgd in Canada SOP for visa @Frankrobbn1, @Justwise, @Justmellow . Please Come to my rescue!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mogullet: 7:03am On Jul 05, 2020
Happy Sunday my People. Please I have one probelm that I need your advice on.

My passport is getting expired sept 2021 but my PGD prog for Saskpoly would end in Dec 2021.

Please guys, what do you advise I do. I would like to do a new passport and have the visa stamped on it so that I don't have to worry about renewal when I get to Canada.

On the other hand, I being sceptical because I don't know if I can get a new one from our immigration office since the old one isn't expired and I'm afraid the VO may be uncomfortable with me presenting a new passport since the old one isn't expired yet.

Please I need your help to tackle this issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:55am On Jul 05, 2020
Hi, pls did you have to submit IELTS to be admitted into UBC?

Luckymama:

Hello Qudkom, please I want to pick your brains a little. I notice you are in BC.
I have two admissions - one in UBCO (Kelowna) and the other in TRU. They cost about the same - roughly 18k for a two year masters.
I have been following job postings on indeed for some time to get a feel for the job opportunities in both towns, and it appears Kamloops has less opportunity than Kelowna, while Kelowna appears to be more expensive based off what I read online. What’s your opinion of the pros and cons of either school based on employment opportunities and affordability post degre?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 8:19am On Jul 05, 2020
ajikaz2003:
Thank you very much.

Anytime bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:03am On Jul 05, 2020
Mogullet:
Happy Sunday my People. Please I have one probelm that I need your advice on.

My passport is getting expired sept 2021 but my PGD prog for Saskpoly would end in Dec 2021.

Please guys, what do you advise I do. I would like to do a new passport and have the visa stamped on it so that I don't have to worry about renewal when I get to Canada.

On the other hand, I being sceptical because I don't know if I can get a new one from our immigration office since the old one isn't expired and I'm afraid the VO may be uncomfortable with me presenting a new passport since the old one isn't expired yet.

Please I need your help to tackle this issue.

I advise you get a new passport, you can explain that the other is expiring at so so date and you want a new passport that starts from the date the former is expiring. It's just a matter of explaining yourself. Even if you don't get a new one, you can go to the Nigerian embassy in canada before the due date to when your passport is expiring to get a new one.. at least there, no delays and no shady whatever
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by metrecube(m): 9:07am On Jul 05, 2020
Hi guys, pls for those that recently got admitted to Conestoga, is wes evaluation of transcript required before they issue admission. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:25am On Jul 05, 2020
metrecube:
Hi guys, pls for those that recently got admitted to Conestoga, is wes evaluation of transcript required before they issue admission. Thanks.

No
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 9:53am On Jul 05, 2020
so I think I am ready for submission

so far I have the following

Mandatory Forms
IMM 1294e
IMM5247
IMM5645
Digital Passport
Passport Data Page
Letter of Acceptance

SPONSOR DOCUMENTS (DAD)

Sponsor Letter
Affidavit of Support
Bank Statement with 32million naira
Employment Letter
Pay Slips for the Past 4months
ID card
4 Land Surveys Plan
Tuition Deposit Receipt
Age Declaration Affidavit
Resume

CLIENT INFORMATION

3 page SOP
Degree Certificate
Transcript
Birth Certificate
NYSC
Employment Letter
CV
IELTS result
Police Certificate
Online MOOCs certificate

am I missing anything?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2020
Thanks BOSS grin grin grin

Tonyodg:
it is not necessarily compulsory to pay your tuition fee , since you have paid the school deposit you can use that to apply for your visa

On the other hand find out your schools return fee policy if you wish to pay your fees , this also shows you are financially capable

PS: payment of tuition fees doesn’t guarantee you the visa just enables the VO knows you are financial bouyant
Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jubrilx: 10:19am On Jul 05, 2020
Hello house, during online application, is there a place for educational qualifications? Or educational qualifications are supposed to be merged with other supporting documents under client information?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 10:24am On Jul 05, 2020
YES UPLOAD THEM UNDER CLIENT INFORMATION

jubrilx:
Hello house, during online application, is there a place for educational qualifications? Or educational qualifications are supposed to be merged with other supporting documents under client information?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jubrilx: 10:33am On Jul 05, 2020
Sanovsky007:
YES UPLOAD THEM UNDER CLIENT INFORMATION

Can I merge siblings data page under Family information?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MyRace: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2020
I maintain: IRCC said they will continue to PROCESS AND REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS, while waiting for applicants to provide them. The only thing is that no final decision will be made or anyone refused on the bases of incomplete documents.

A visa officer can process and complete an application with or without Biometrics. You have submitted enough documents to show who you are!
Canada only introduced Biometrics barely 2 years ago in 2018.

Besides, are you aware that they have given a waiver to Essential Temporary Workers who are unable to give Biometrics in their countries to get it done at their port of entries? What does thay tell you? Visa applications can be processed without Biometrics if IRCC chooses to authorize it.

Everything I have written here is verifiable on the CIC website.

Your current position is "pre-covid", right now, things are not as rigid as you're trying to make it look. As for your friend, every application is different.

Anon123:
How can a visa officer attend to an application without a finger print to know who he or she is or put a face to an application. Nothing is done in any application until you surrender your finger print and face. I have a friend that got biometrics since April.. they gave him 3months to get it done. His app still reads awaiting your biometrics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ajoyeleke(m): 11:23am On Jul 05, 2020
Stevenssen:

From the link below, you should see that a year pgd will get you a year work permit. However it is recommended that you go for a 2 year program or to take another one year program after the first one so that you get a 3 year work permit which will favour you more for PR.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

Tnx for this my aim is to get pr through the study route that is y I want to do masters in Canada but I av a cgp of 3.2 in my bachelor degree and am not sure universities there will admit me for direct masters that is y I am considering pgd

Pls kindly advice me
1. What can I do if an to go for pgd to stay enough time to file or pr since pgd is just a year

2. With my 2.2 is it possible to get a direct masters programme

Tho my agent sent me some schools that will admit 2.2 for masters eg simon frasier university and Acadia university

Awaiting ur response sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:40am On Jul 05, 2020
ajoyeleke:

Tnx for this my aim is to get pr through the study route that is y I want to do masters in Canada but I av a cgp of 3.2 in my bachelor degree and am not sure universities there will admit me for direct masters that is y I am considering pgd

Pls kindly advice me
1. What can I do if an to go for pgd to stay enough time to file or pr since pgd is just a year

Tho my agent sent me some schools that will admit 2.2 for masters eg simon frasier university and Acadia university

Awaiting ur response sir

1.Thats not true, PGD is 2 years (which equals to 3 years PGWP), its PGC that is 1 year (which equals to a 1 year PGWP)

2. No u can't
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:41am On Jul 05, 2020
ajoyeleke:

Pls kindly advice me

Awaiting ur response sir

1) a pgd isn't just 1yr.. the number of years for a pgd depends on the course it's self.. my client has a 3yr pgd course..

2) No you can't.. it's not possible.. don't waste your money trying

Pls this agent is feeding wrong info.. pls no university can admit you for masters with a 2.2.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ajoyeleke(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2020
Lekiboboe:

1.Thats not true, PGD is 2 years (which equals to 3 years PGWP), its PGC that is 1 year (which equals to a 1 year PGWP)

2. No u can't

Pls sir help me verify if this programme on this link will last for 2 yrs. as I want a programme that will give me at least 2yrs post study work permit

2. Safety and Risk Engineering / MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY - Newfoundland [7000CAD/ 2.2mNGN]
(It is an interdisciplinary course for science graduates and offers a post graduate diploma certificate)
To Apply
a. Official Transcripts sent from School
b. Non refundable Application fee 38000NGN
c. 2 Referees online letter and form
d. Letter of English Language Proficiency.
e. Application Deadline is August 1 2020
https://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/programs/engineering.php
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obasanjo280: 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
If background check is start again, what is happening to my application? Is it denia?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
ajoyeleke:

Pls sir help me verify if this programme on this link will last for 2 yrs. as I want a programme that will give me at least 2yrs post study work permit

2. Safety and Risk Engineering / MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY - Newfoundland [7000CAD/ 2.2mNGN]
(It is an interdisciplinary course for science graduates and offers a post graduate diploma certificate)
To Apply
a. Official Transcripts sent from School
b. Non refundable Application fee 38000NGN
c. 2 Referees online letter and form
d. Letter of English Language Proficiency.
e. Application Deadline is August 1 2020
https://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/programs/engineering.php

1) What did u study in ur undergraduate?
The answer to this question will bring about an avenue to know a potential 2 year PGD program that u can go for which should relate to ur former degree (for progression reason)

2) This Grad. Diploma program @ MUN is a 1 year Program

Its the Master's (MASc.) Of this program @ MUN that is 2 years

And the Admission requirement for both the Grad. diploma & MASc. Of this Program is a 2nd Class UPPER ( that's called a "B" )

This link below explains it more better
https://www.mun.ca/engineering/graduate/programs/safety_risk/index.php

Your best bet now is to look for a college (DLI) that offers a 2 year PGD program (offering PGWP) in a field related to ur fmr. degree (B.TECH/B.SC/HND)

Find attached a PDF file of Colleges in Canada and their Post Grad. Diploma programs

All da best!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obasanjo280: 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
Sanovsky007:
so I think I am ready for submission

so far I have the following

Mandatory Forms
IMM 1294e
IMM5247
IMM5645
Digital Passport
Passport Data Page
Letter of Acceptance

SPONSOR DOCUMENTS (DAD)

Sponsor Letter
Affidavit of Support
Bank Statement with 32million naira
Employment Letter
Pay Slips for the Past 4months
ID card
4 Land Surveys Plan
Tuition Deposit Receipt
Age Declaration Affidavit
Resume

CLIENT INFORMATION

3 page SOP
Degree Certificate
Transcript
Birth Certificate
NYSC
Employment Letter
CV
IELTS result
Police Certificate
Online MOOCs certificate

am I missing anything?

you put CV too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
Good afternoon Everyone, I'm about to fill my IMM1294 form Study permit application.

Where can I find UCI cause this is my first application.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
NairaLuck:
Good afternoon Everyone, I'm about to feel my IMM1294 form Study permit application.

Thanks
As a first time Applicant u ain't need a UCI number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
Lekiboboe:

As a first time Applicant u ain't need a UCI number
Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
NairaLuck:
Good afternoon Everyone, I'm about to feel my IMM1294 form Study permit application.

Thanks
U can also check my post on Page 29,
U gonna see some Step-By-Step Video Guides on filling of ur IMM forms etc., it will answer questions that might likely arise during the process of filling ur IMM forms etc.

But if u still eventually have things u are not clear of while filling the IMM forms, do ask.

All da best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
Lekiboboe:

U can also check my post on Page 29,
U gonna see some Video Guides on filling of ur IMM forms etc., it will answer questions that might likely arise during the process of filling ur IMM forms etc.

All da best!
Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
NairaLuck:

Thanks so much
U are welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2020
Lekiboboe:

U are welcome
I watched the video, tho the guy is from India.
This mother tongue should I put Itsekiri or English
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ajoyeleke(m): 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2020
Lekiboboe:

1) What did u study in ur undergraduate?
The answer to this question will bring about an avenue to know a potential 2 year PGD program that u can go for which should relate to ur former degree (for progression reason)

2) This Grad. Diploma program @ MUN is a 1 year Program

Its the Master's (MASc.) Of this program @ MUN that is 2 years

And the Admission requirement for both the Grad. diploma & MASc. Of this Program is a 2nd Class UPPER ( that's called a "B" )

This link below explains it more better
https://www.mun.ca/engineering/graduate/programs/safety_risk/index.php

Your best bet now is to look for a college (DLI) that offers a 2 year PGD program (offering PGWP) in a field related to ur fmr. degree (B.TECH/B.SC/HND)

Find attached a PDF file of Colleges in Canada and their Post Grad. Diploma programs

All da best!!!

Tnk u sir I studied purer and applied chemistry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
NairaLuck:

I watched the video, tho the guy is from India.
This mother tongue should I put Itsekiri or English
ITSEKIRI

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.