Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,112 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156920 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ogedadiva: 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
Osemigho:
Thank you very much please. The truth is that I don't really know much about PhD in abroad. I will Google and get as much information as possible. Thank you once again.

I’m happy you know your best option. Google search programs In Canada. The website is a database of educational programs in Canada, particularly universities program.

We are just entering the season of supervisor search for Fall 2021. So you came at the right time. You have a lot of work to do for you to gain PhD admission, but I suspect you may know how much it is. How? You are asking for a link to Educational Psychology programs.

You need a supervisor. Getting one is not always easy and this is what determines where you will apply to. Also, getting a supervisor does not mean you will get admission. So you need supervisors in And apply to more than one school.

Google and read how to do it. Some pages on this thread already have the hints. I don’t save them because I don’t need them. You need to find, read, and understand them. The good thing is that you have time. You can start your supervisor search in August. This means you have to read and understand the requirements within a month.

All the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
MyRace:
Good morning @FrankRobbn,

Ordinarily, I would have ignored and moved on, but I think it is important qe all get some facts straight.

We are all here to learn and share information with one another and sincerely you have done a lot to help people here.

However, there's an attitude which you and several others who because of the time you have spent here believe you are now gods, so nobody is allowed to either "think" or "have an opinion" without an attempt to short them down.

That I am new to Student Visa thread does not mean I lack the ability to think for myself in every area of my life including applying for study permit.

It is tiring that when people make posts all you guys do is look for holes to pick out. Sometimes, just chill and do ypur own findings or move on.

That notwithstanding, find attached the proof to the main position you criticized.

I am very happy for @ObaniDavid's testimony, and if I were him I won't share a screen shot of the letters, haters and doubters should all go and hug transformer.
I pray for his type of testimony to happen in my life as well.

Cheers,

This does not say an application can be attended to without biometrics.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:

This is Amazing,

This reminds of someone in this forum , I think in early part 16 or so, a first time Applicant,

According to his Approval Story,

He got approved without CIC requesting him to do medicals and he never did an Upfront Medical, after his Biometrics he got approved.

Some Protocols can broken if Oluwa is involved which always make no two application the same. An error from CIC might be a blessing in disguise for an Applicant.

As the Canadian Study Visa Thread Motto would say, Courtesy @Frank,

It will end in Praise

If u don't mind, Kindly share us a screenshot of the amazing development of urs for EDIFICATION PURPOSE

Wish u a bumper & bountiful grand-finale testimony

Why are you making it look like its an error from the part of CIC?

Find the position of IRCC on this matter in the screenshot below.

They will continue to process application pending Biometrics submission.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
please I just finished signing my application and was about to pay when the system logged me out i logged in again to continue then there wasn't any option to continue. please what could be wrong? has anyone experienced this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ogedadiva:

I appreciate your help . Thank you very much. Deeply grateful.
U r welcome ma'am

All da best!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oma22: 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
MyRace:
I maintain: IRCC said they will continue to PROCESS AND REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS, while waiting for applicants to provide them. The only thing is that no final decision will be made or anyone refused on the bases of incomplete documents.

A visa officer can process and complete an application with or without Biometrics. You have submitted enough documents to show who you are!
Canada only introduced Biometrics barely 2 years ago in 2018.

Besides, are you aware that they have given a waiver to Essential Temporary Workers who are unable to give Biometrics in their countries to get it done at their port of entries? What does thay tell you? Visa applications can be processed without Biometrics if IRCC chooses to authorize it.

Everything I have written here is verifiable on the CIC website.

Your current position is "pre-covid", right now, things are not as rigid as you're trying to make it look. As for your friend, every application is different.

I don’t see why IRCC will be in a haste to attend to applications without biometrics when a lot they have not finished attending to a lot of applications with biometrics, including people who applied since February and March. Doesn’t make sense. I feel some of this responses and updates people without biometrics are getting is not because they are attending to you application, it’s because they want to have all your documents so when u get your biometrics done there will not be any need to start asking u to do medicals and spending time again waiting. So they will feel why not just do the medicals as we await your biometrics.

And as Frank rightfully said, biometrics started since 2013 and Just go expanded in 2018.

And also IRCC has clearly stated application will not be be fully processed till they get your biometrics. I think what they are just doing now for people without biometrics is making sure the documents are all in order while waiting for biometrics.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sanovsky007:
please I just finished signing my application and was about to pay when the system logged me out i logged in again to continue then there wasn't any option to continue. please what could be wrong? has anyone experienced this?
Try to log in again, if it doesnt continue from where you stopped, pls you have to refill again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
Nwannediutor:

Why are you making it look like its an error from the part of CIC?

Find the position of IRCC on this matter in the screenshot below.

They will continue to process application pending Biometrics submission.

As regards the screenshotz, Sure I know,

I guess its cos of the choice of word "error" that I use, or let me call it a BENEFICIAL ERROR smiley
Am only referring to a former approval story of an applicant in which a crucial processing stage (Medicals) was waived and still got approval,

So everything still boils down to, NO TWO APPLICATION is THE SAME

But from all indications BIOMETRICS is very Paramount than MEDICALS cos of its long term identification purpose but an Applicant getting a Medical Request is a good sign
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by cuteesthy(f): 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2020
oonibest:
Good morning friends.... Please when exactly the Canadian visa centre will be open for biometrics. It's really urgent that i do this. Tanx
I passed the VFS Lagos this morning, and it was opened today, maybe you should try booking an appointment to know if dey have started working

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
cuteesthy:

I passed the VFS Lagos this morning, and it was opened today, maybe you should try booking an appointment to know if dey have started working
Please did you ask the security if people can come for biometrics and other purposes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 1:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
Good afternoon Everyone, please I need assistance.
Has anyone paid acceptance with Visa/Master Debit Card using CIBC ? If yes, how did you go about it? Are they selected Nigerian banks they accept? Is there a particular type of Card they require? Please kindly share,

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by cuteesthy(f): 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Anon123:

Please did you ask the security if people can come for biometrics and other purposes?
I didn't, just saw it open, and some people outside
but I don't know if dey have started attending to people
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 1:28pm On Jul 06, 2020
MyRace:
Good morning @FrankRobbn,

Ordinarily, I would have ignored and moved on, but I think it is important qe all get some facts straight.

We are all here to learn and share information with one another and sincerely you have done a lot to help people here.

However, there's an attitude which you and several others who because of the time you have spent here believe you are now gods, so nobody is allowed to either "think" or "have an opinion" without an attempt to short them down.

That I am new to Student Visa thread does not mean I lack the ability to think for myself in every area of my life including applying for study permit.

It is tiring that when people make posts all you guys do is look for holes to pick out. Sometimes, just chill and do ypur own findings or move on.

That notwithstanding, find attached the proof to the main position you criticized.

I am very happy for @ObaniDavid's testimony, and if I were him I won't share a screen shot of the letters, haters and doubters should all go and hug transformer.
I pray for his type of testimony to happen in my life as well.

Cheers,

New monikers you guys don't cease to amuse me grin grin grin. You're trying to make something out of nothing. No one is attacking your post or trying to find loopholes in them.

However, your standpoint purportedly shows that you're very certain about what you're saying, albeit you're wrong. The attachment put forward by you is simply stating that the Canadian government is expanding its biometrics collection program. It doesn't in no way state that they began biometrics collection in December 2018. In the previous years since 2013 every new application whether new or old must have to redo their biometrics before IRCC can start processing the application. As at 31st of July, 2018, the system of biometrics being valid for a decade (10 years) was then incrementally expanded and full implemented. Thus second time/previously denied applicants will not have to redo their biometrics again. It wasn't like this in the previous years.

For your information, Biometrics enrollment have been in place for more than seven (7) years now in 2013. This is in an effort to enhance the integrity of the Canadian immigration system, the federal government began collecting biometric data from foreign nationals of specific countries applying for temporary residence.

The problem we have is that everyone wants to be at the top, no one is ready to learn from the history. A simple google search could have helped you rather than making justifications to a fallacious facts.

WHEN DID CANADA START COLLECTION OF BIOMETRICS FROM FOREIGN NATIONALS.

You can also check the previous threads, part 8, 9, 10. Applicants go for biometrics prior to an application is deemed complete for due visa processing.

Please note that I'm not in competition with anyone here as you claimed. Before I counter any post on this thread, I must be very definite about it. I don't do a guess work here. You're very free and open to give your suggestions on this thread. I'm not stopping you from doing that. With that being said, I can't watch you give a falsifying claims for others to rely upon it.

I will not debate further on this topic as it will totally be irrelevant arguing with a new moniker who just registered his account two months ago.

It will end in praise.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 1:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
Thank you.

signed out and closed my browser, logged in again and it came up.

Anon123:

Try to log in again, if it doesnt continue from where you stopped, pls you have to refill again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
I just paid using my first bank master card.

NairaLuck:
Has anyone paid acceptance with Visa/Master Debit Card using CIBC ? If yes, how did you go about it? Are they selected Nigerian banks they accept? Is there a particular type of Card they require? Please kindly share,

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

New monikers you guys don't cease to amuse me grin grin grin. You're trying to make something out of nothing. No one is attacking your post or trying to find loopholes in them.

However, your standpoint purportedly shows that you're very certain about what you're saying, albeit you're wrong. The attachment put forward by you is simply stating that the Canadian government is expanding its biometrics collection program. It doesn't in no way state that they began biometrics collection in December 2018. In the previous years since 2013 every new application whether new or old must have to redo their biometrics before IRCC can start processing the application. As at 31st of July, 2018, the system of biometrics being valid for a decade (10 years) was then incrementally expanded and full implemented. Thus second time/previously denied applicants will not have redo their biometrics again. It wasn't like this in the previous years.

For your information, Biometrics enrollment have been in place for more than seven (7) years now in 2013. This is in an effort to enhance the integrity of the Canadian immigration system, the federal government began collecting biometric data from foreign nationals of specific countries applying for temporary residence.

The problem we have is that everyone wants to be at the top, no one is ready to learn from the history. A simple google search could have helped you rather than making justifications to a fallacious facts.

WHEN DID CANADA START COLLECTION OF BIOMETRICS FROM FOREIGN NATIONALS.

You can also check the previous threads, part 8, 9, 10. Applicants go for biometrics prior to an application is deemed complete for due visa processing.

Please note that I'm not in competition with anyone here as you claimed. Before I counter any post on this thread, I must be very definite about it. I don't do a guess work here. You're very free and open to give your suggestions on this thread. I'm not stopping you from doing that. With that being said, I can't watch you give a falsifying claims for others to rely upon it.

I will not debate further on this topic as it will totally be irrelevant arguing with a new moniker who just registered his account two months ago.

It will end in praise.

LOBATAN!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
cuteesthy:
I didn't, just saw it open, and some people outside
but I don't know if dey have started attending to people

Okay.. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
oma22:

I don’t see why IRCC will be in a haste to attend to applications without biometrics when a lot they have not finished attending to a lot of applications with biometrics, including people who applied since February and March. Doesn’t make sense. I feel some of this responses and updates people without biometrics are getting is not because they are attending to you application, it’s because they want to have all your documents so when u get your biometrics done there will not be any need to start asking u to do medicals and spending time again waiting. So they will feel why not just do the medicals as we await your biometrics.

And as Frank rightfully said, biometrics started since 2013 and Just go expanded in 2018.

And also IRCC has clearly stated application will not be be fully processed till they get your biometrics. I think what they are just doing now for people without biometrics is making sure the documents are all in order while waiting for biometrics.

Exactly! You got it right. It could be that IRCC is making sure that documents are in order while waiting for biometrics to be completed. Though this can rarely happen for study permit applications.

For Express Entry, AIPP and PNP's applicants (Permanent Residency), biometrics and medical request often comes at the same time. Applicants of these programs don't see it as a positive sign as it's a normal procedure by IRCC which doesn't influence the discretion of the visa officer on the application.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2020
Mogullet:
Happy Sunday my People. Please I have one probelm that I need your advice on.

My passport is getting expired sept 2021 but my PGD prog for Saskpoly would end in Dec 2021.

Please guys, what do you advise I do. I would like to do a new passport and have the visa stamped on it so that I don't have to worry about renewal when I get to Canada.

On the other hand, I being sceptical because I don't know if I can get a new one from our immigration office since the old one isn't expired and I'm afraid the VO may be uncomfortable with me presenting a new passport since the old one isn't expired yet.

Please I need your help to tackle this issue.

I think in Nigeria you may not be able to renew your passport if the date of expiry is more than 6 months. However, please go to immigration and tell them why you need a new one. Just try, you could be lucky.

If they do not give you a new passport, you have nothing to worry about. Use the old passport for your visa application, when you get to Canada, you can easily renew your passport, you will get your passport the same day in Ottawa and then you can apply for extension of study permit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Opana1: 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2020
Never allow what people say deter you from getting what you want.

Last year I was on this forum. I must admit that it was extremely helpful. I read comments over and over again. However, I noticed some people just have the pull down spirit, they are always ready to pull you down. I applied for my study permit and within seven working days I got an approval... some doubted me and asked for screenshots. I didn’t mind anyone afterall I wasn’t in competition with anyone or to prove anyone right or wrong. Do what you have to do, just know that this forum is extremely helpful but at the same time we have people who can easily deter you from achieving what you want.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sanovsky007:
I just paid using my first bank master card.

Wow, I'd visit my bank tomorrow morning then.

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
As seen online

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
NairaLuck:

I WOULD NOT advise you to use credit card for cibc the bank charges are about 150k for card transactions.To save money,walk into a bank and ask for FORM A for fees payment to a foreign school,then you fill in the dollar equivalent of the CAD that you want to pay(limit per transaction is $15,000USD),then they process it for you at Cbn rate,the bank charges about 6-8k but at least that’s better than paying 150k for card transactions.payment processing it takes about 3-5 days but gt bank takes like 3 days max

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
For everyone who did an online application, did you attach your e-signature? Or How did you sign your forms? I didn't sign mine and I have submitted. Could this be a problem? Is an e-signature one of the details to be submitted at Vfs office? Gurus pls help. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
NairaLuck:

Thanks
Do make use of FORM A ,

Charges are still moderate using FORM A but charges u get using Debit card to pay can be something else

Do check my post on Page 130 about Using FORM A for payment of TUITION FEE overseas
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 4:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
sorry, I didn't read through properly, I thought you referred to payment for your study permit application,

if it's your tuition deposit you wish to pay, visit your bank and ask for a form A, they would guide you through the process, go with your Intl Passport, admission letter, Degree certificate, and the Payment invoice generated for the transaction

NairaLuck:

Wow, I'd visit my bank tomorrow morning then.

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 5:06pm On Jul 06, 2020
Foski01:
For everyone who did an online application, did you attach your e-signature? Or How did you sign your forms? I didn't sign mine and I have submitted. Could this be a problem? Is an e-signature one of the details to be submitted at Vfs office? Gurus pls help. Thank you

Ehh!!! Why didn't you ask before submitting.. For online applications, you are to write your full name according to how it is on your international passport on the line given for signature
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SetZ(m): 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
Please is there hope for paper route applicants especially those that apply Jan/feb at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
SetZ:
Please is there hope for paper route applicants especially those that apply Jan/feb at all
You mean if there will attend to your applications .. YES...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
Anon123:

Ehh!!! Why didn't you ask before submitting.. For online applications, you are to write your full name according to how it is on your international passport on the line given for signature

Me too I wrote my first and last name without my middle name, infact everything just tire me.

Hopefully my school can help cos they just sent me an email that incase of a refusal from the embassy they can help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
Qudkom:

First and foremost do your self a favor and stop checking indeed. That's where people mostly get jobs but dont for once think it's that straight forward. Kelowna is a larger city with more opportunities maybe but it doesn't necessarily mean anyone will find a job easily either. Both cities are relatively small and living expenses anywhere in BC is expensive. Rent and utilities will be a average of $550-700 a month. Also you'll still have to pay MSP(Medical service plan) of $75 monthly in BC. Lastly, if you are strictly skewed towards jobs then go to kelowna 100%. If you want a balanced conditions then Kamloops. Kamloops is small you can come in adapt and figure out the next move.

Thanks a lot. Do appreciate the information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chichi93(f): 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
Hi guys please my profile changed to ‘we are reviewing the results of your medical results’ Last Tuesday instead of medicals passed.. medical was submitted upfront though blood pressure was high on the the day of the exam. Please is this Status normal or is there problem?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.