Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,282 members, 7,811,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156675 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 5:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Hardworking Mama.

My sis how for do na? We no get choice grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
librangyps:

Me too I wrote my first and last name without my middle name, infact everything just tire me.

Hopefully my school can help cos they just sent me an email that incase of a refusal from the embassy they can help.

Help you in what terms pls...
The form am talking about is the IMMM forms for visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Do make use of FORM A ,

Charges are still moderate using FORM A but charges u get using Debit card to pay can be something else

Do check my post on Page 130 about Using FORM A for payment of TUITION FEE overseas
I'm paying $1,500 Acceptance fee.
Is it still advisable to use Form A?
Below is the screenshot, then they added $41 as convinence fee, does it mean they will still charge me N100,000?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
Anon123:

Help you in what terms pls...
The form am talking about is the IMMM forms for visa application

I know na, on submission of the forms , the authentication page.

Extract from letter from my school

We believe that we can help you if your study permit application is denied by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). It is therefore important that you inform us as soon as possible if your application is denied.

We look forward to welcoming you to our graduate programs!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 6:24pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sanovsky007:
I just paid using my first bank master card.

Were you charged any other money aside the one that was stipulated on the CIBC site? Like on the site I saw 451k plus 12k additional charge. Will I be charge additional money for payment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by websta: 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
Hello guys,
Please, is there anyone studying Cybersecurity in Canada? PM me or drop an email I can communicate with urgently, please. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
chichi93:
Hi guys please my profile changed to ‘we are reviewing the results of your medical results’ Last Tuesday instead of medicals passed.. medical was submitted upfront though blood pressure was high on the the day of the exam. Please is this Status normal or is there problem?

You shouldn't panic okay, the visa officer is reviewing your medical result from the panel physician in order to ascertain that you won't be a risk to the Citizens of Canada. Should the visa officer have any concerns about your medical result, they might request you to redo the medicals. Meanwhile, this may occur on a rare occasion. Most likely you will pass the medicals in the long run.

It will end in praise.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
Which school is this biko?

librangyps:

Me too I wrote my first and last name without my middle name, infact everything just tire me.

Hopefully my school can help cos they just sent me an email that incase of a refusal from the embassy they can help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
Foski01:
For everyone who did an online application, did you attach your e-signature? Or How did you sign your forms? I didn't sign mine and I have submitted. Could this be a problem? Is an e-signature one of the details to be submitted at Vfs office? Gurus pls help. Thank you

Not all forms can be signed. In one of the forms, you can't sign e-signature.

The e-signature they mean is your name.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
websta:
Hello guys,
What is the difference between the Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate in Canada?

What is the difference between Colleges and Universities in Canada?

Please, is there anyone studying Cybersecurity in Canada? PM me or drop an email I can communicate with urgently, please. Thanks

A simple google search will answer this question perfectly without taking your time to type and wait for someone to answer this question for you.

Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate are the same thing, there is no difference.

Colleges are institutions that offers practical based programs and vocational tranining that can be applied in a particular area of specialization. Universities are tertiary institutions that offers courses at the undergraduate and post graduate level as well as doctorate level (Bachelor's degree, Post graduate diploma, Master's and Phd).

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 6:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
Foski01:
For everyone who did an online application, did you attach your e-signature? Or How did you sign your forms? I didn't sign mine and I have submitted. Could this be a problem? Is an e-signature one of the details to be submitted at Vfs office? Gurus pls help. Thank you

You don't need to sign any of the IMM forms for online application. Upon uploading of documents into their various columns, you will be prompted to use your name to electronically sign and transmit the application to IRCC for due visa processing.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chichi93(f): 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You shouldn't panic okay, the visa officer is reviewing your medical result from the panel physician in order to ascertain that you won't be a risk to the Citizens of Canada. Should the visa officer have any concerns about your medical result, they might request you to redo the medicals. Meanwhile, this may occur on a rare occasion. Most likely you will pass the medicals in the long run.

It will end in praise.

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 7:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
NairaLuck:

Below is the screenshot, then they added $41 as convinence fee, does it mean they will still charge me N100,000?

NairaLuck:

Good afternoon Everyone, please I need assistance.
Has anyone paid acceptance with Visa/Master Debit Card using CIBC ? If yes, how did you go about it? Are they selected Nigerian banks they accept? Is there a particular type of Card they require? Please kindly share

If you have trusted and reliable person in Canada you can send them this money to clear the payment on your behalf. Nigerian ATM cards are restricted to only $500 for international payments/transactions since the COVID-19 pandemic started. I think you should save yourself the stress because it is an unachievable task using your Naira Card.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
cuteesthy:

I passed the VFS Lagos this morning, and it was opened today, maybe you should try booking an appointment to know if dey have started working

VFS office have re-opened for the past three (3) weeks now for Australia, and South Africa at Manor Hall Lekki, Lagos. Nonetheless, the Canada VFS haven't resumed operation and currently not welcoming any visitors into the application centre.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2020
NairaLuck:

oh OK, I tot its a huge sum, no u won't need form A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 7:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
SetZ:
Please is there hope for paper route applicants especially those that apply Jan/feb at all

IRCC will not be attending to any paper applications until further notice. This is an unprecedented period for paper route applicants who find themselves in this situation. You can only be hopeful and committed to the process by waiting until activities returns back to its normal prompt fashion.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2020
Also, for family information form, I couldn't sign or type in my name both for the part A and B as typing into the signature space was disabled. I was only able to put date. I just weak!

I actually typed in my first and last name in the 'signature ' space for my IMM1294 form.
Frankrobbn1:

You don't need to sign any of the IMM forms for online application. Upon uploading of documents into their various columns, you will be prompted to use your name to electronically sign and transmit the application to IRCC for due visa processing.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 7:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Foski01:
Also, for family information form, I couldn't sign or type in my name both for the part A and B as typing into the signature space was disabled. I was only able to put date. I just weak!

I actually typed in my first and last name in the 'signature ' space for my IMM1294 form.

I reiterate you DON'T have to sign any of the IMM forms including the family information form. After filling the details of your family, date, save and upload the form into the required section on your MyCIC account.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
Boss man Frank, you're doing well.

People in the house, they clearly stated that you need not sign any of the forms...that's what the e-signature you provide before payment is for.

Please, don't allow it bother you. If you're here and you're done with the study permit application, believe it will end in praise. Cheers!
Frankrobbn1:

I reiterate you DON'T have to sign any of the IMM forms including the family information form. After filling the details of your family, date, save and upload the form into the required section on your MyCIC account.

It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by websta: 7:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Thank you
Frankrobbn1:

A simple google search will answer this question perfectly without taking your time to type and wait for someone to answer this question for you.

Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate are the same thing, there is no difference.

Colleges are institutions that offers practical based programs and vocational tranining that can be applied in a particular area of specialization. Universities are tertiary institutions that offers courses at the undergraduate and post graduate level as well as doctorate level (Bachelor's degree, Post graduate diploma, Master's and Phd).

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

If you have trusted and reliable person in Canada you can send them this money to clear the payment on your behalf. Nigerian ATM cards are restricted to only $500 for international payments/transactions since the COVID-19 pandemic started. I think you should save yourself the stress because it is an unachievable task using your Naira Card.

It will end in praise
Thanks alot, maybe I'd visit my bank to increase the amount.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:
oh OK, I tot its a huge sum, no u won't need form A
Means my debit card would work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
Brownie1003:
Hello everyone,

Pls I am gathering all my documents and am a bit confused.
The program I applied for is not related to my current employment but related to my 1st degree.

Do I still need to submit reference and employment letter in my application?

Please your response is highly appreciated. Thanks

When did you finish from the University? Do you have huge study gaps?, it will be difficult to convince the visa officer that you're a bonafide student since you're going for a program that is not reasonable in light with your current employment. What led you to apply for a program that is related to your first degree instead of your current employment? Both may be perceived as a logical progression. Though your career will be more solid and convincing to the VO.

Yes you need a detailed reference letter for any visa application to Canada to prove that you're in gainful employment in your home country.

Your response to the above questions will determine my advice on what you're expected to do to better your chances of approval.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 7:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
Thanks baba! You too much!
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
Which school be this abeg.
librangyps:

I know na, on submission of the forms , the authentication page.

Extract from letter from my school

We believe that we can help you if your study permit application is denied by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). It is therefore important that you inform us as soon as possible if your application is denied.

We look forward to welcoming you to our graduate programs!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olajigaolamide: 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
Please has vfs opened?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
olajigaolamide:
Please has vfs opened?

Frank just answered this same enquiry on this very page. Why don't people like to read sef? Nobody should come for me o, it gets annoying most times.. I just finished reading all 644 pages of part 16 plus older parts of this thread, infact I'm now a guru grin.. You can never know everything you're supposed to even ask until you read
Children of God, pls read o. Shebi na read una wan go do for canada? Start practicing from here

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olajigaolamide: 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Frank just answered this same enquiry on this very page. Why don't people like to read sef? Nobody should come for me o, it gets annoying most times.. I just finished reading all 644 pages of part 16 plus older parts of this thread, infact I'm now a guru grin.. You can never know everything you're supposed to even ask until you read
Children of God, pls read o. Shebi na read una wan go do for canada? Start practicing from here
Guy no worry, I go soon begin practice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Lmfao it’s like you read my mind exactly
I’ll say frankrobbn1 is really kind because he is always answering the same question every time. He mentioned it’s not opened multiple times today, one lazy human would still come and ask the same question instead of reading, This can be very annoying.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jubrilx: 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Hello house, for my sponsors bank statement of account, in a situation where the statement is sent directly to the embassy; is it supposed to be sent before the onlíne visa application or after the online visa application?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayokaq: 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

U can pay with gtbank card.i paid 6kCAD tuition deposit thru CIBC with my Gtbank. Just make sure u choose US dollar equivalent instead of naira equivalent

It will end in praise

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.