Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161091 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2020
koonleh:

thank you for ur reply, i appreciate. i was on the opinion that since this is an just for my career, perhaps they dont have a pgd in culinary management.
i understnd your point, but this is my career progression (my thought.) although i also got an offer for 1 year graduate certificate in hospitality and tourism, which has limited relation to my career, should i go for this?

Based on your Experience & Training as a Chef, do check out this two Post Grad. Certificate programs

PGC in Food Tourism (Culinary Tourism)
@ Centennial College, Ontario

PGC in Food Media @ Centennial College, Ontario

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2020
koonleh:

thank you for ur reply, i appreciate. i was on the opinion that since this is an just for my career, perhaps they dont have a pgd in culinary management.
i understnd your point, but this is my career progression (my thought.) although i also got an offer for 1 year graduate certificate in hospitality and tourism, which has limited relation to my career, should i go for this?

There are PGD courses related to culinary available . you need to search .. I believe there's one at centinnial college already pointed out..

Thats the best route you should follow and best route with higher chances of visa approval

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by koonleh: 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Based on your Experience & Training as a Chef, do check out this two Post Grad. Certificate programs

ok will do that right now, only i have to pay another $100 for application, lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by koonleh: 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2020
Anon123:

There are PGD courses related to culinary available . you need to search .. I believe there's one at centinnial college already pointed out..

Thats the best route you should follow and best route with higher chances of visa approval

ok, thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dubajek: 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2020
Good afternoon fam. Please does anyone have information about University of Canada West Blended delivery program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
koonleh:

smiley cool
Definitely u av to.

I feel the $100 CAD should be sufficient enough to apply for the two programs in that same sch., esp. If u are applying to Centennial college thru the Ontariocolleges.com International Portal

Or probably the school might have their Application process using their own school portal

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2020
koonleh:

Unfortunately yes you have to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by hapila: 5:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
GOOD DAY EVERYONE I HAVE BEEN HEAR FOR A WHILE BUT DONT REALLY KNOW HOW TO SEND MESSAGE HERE. IF THIS MESSAGE CAN BE SEEN PLEASE I NEED CLARIFICATION ON THIS:

Graduate Tuition – 3 credit-hour course $1,190.40
Auditing 3 credit-hour course ---$595.20

WHAT DOES THE ABOVE MEAN?

PLEASE I NEED HELP HOW TO CALCULATE THE TUITION FEE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by YemmyPOG: 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2020
It means your tuition is payable per course and not a flat rate payment. So u are to choose the number of 3credit hr course you are willing to enrol for. Although minimum of 2/3 courses depending on your department rules.

hapila:
GOOD DAY EVERYONE I HAVE BEEN HEAR FOR A WHILE BUT DONT REALLY KNOW HOW TO SEND MESSAGE HERE. IF THIS MESSAGE CAN BE SEEN PLEASE I NEED CLARIFICATION ON THIS:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
Hello,

Many thanks for your suggestion.

So I noticed the following grounds where one can raise a CSE:

You have submitted an application at a visa office abroad.
The information you seek is not available on E-cas.
Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times. Information on processing times.
You wish to report important changes regarding your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in employment, acquisition of a new educational credential, results of an approved language test.

Uploading these documents do not particularly fit under one of the grounds. Can I upload all the same without it counting against me in my application? Cos I have read in previous posts that those Nairobi people can be vindictive.

Frankrobbn1:

Please raise a CSE by sending the proof of your husband's ownership of business via
IRCC WEBFORM NAIRAOBI. In the mail, you should explain to the immigration authorities that it was an honest mistake to have omitted the document while uploading your files for submission. Never to worry, the visa officer will update your application appropriately with the new information provided.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/07/no-biometrics-needed-for-temporary-residence-applicants-in-canada-0715044.html/amp

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
Saw this somewhere as regards WES

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2020
Please to anybody reading this, how far can 6m go for masters in Canada??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
theForth:

Your tuition fee alone in the cheapest university Memorial university Newfoundland is 25kcad... Minus DAT and den your answer to your question appears
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by YemmyPOG: 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2020
From my research, there are tuition fees ranging from 9k-30k and more .It all depends on your program and duration of study. Google studyportal or visit the website of a number of Canadian Universities of interest and check their Cost breakdown. I am sure u will get more clarity on your question.
N.B: Living expenses as per IRCC is 10k CAD.

theForth:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 11:53pm On Jul 17, 2020
theForth:

One year masters and some feeding allowance. You can supplement it with On campus jobs like late night cleaning. There are one year professional masters, particularly in Engineering, that are about $16,000 CAD Tuition. However, for your visa, you will still need to prove that you can pay that plus $10,000 feeding allowance for a single person with no dependent. Note that the cleaning work had reduce because most people are not allowed on campus due to COVID. The job also get “man know man”, Oyinbo like to call it Networking and recommendations, in some schools. All the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 2:52am On Jul 18, 2020
Engager69:

God bless you both.. this how men reason things out.

Maximum respect my brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 7:16am On Jul 18, 2020
please who is joining University of Calgary this fall, i will like to link up?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:25am On Jul 18, 2020
Mehn, still no info regarding biometrics. Na wa oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
All CONESTOGA hopefuls, let's connect.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by damosh360(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Mehn, still no info regarding biometrics. Na wa oh

let's keep hope alive bro. UK visa office in NIG will reopen by July 28 for biometrics .hopefully, Canada will follow suit.
it will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by topacs: 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2020
How do we connect
NairaLuck:
All CONESTOGA hopefuls, let's connect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Backupaccount: 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2020
Hello, did anyone apply to Concordia University, for Engineering program and has gotten a response? I applied since march and up till now nothing.

I am already thinking of applying to UBC and MUN (both September intake) as this is the online option available for MEng.

Any hint on how to apply for Uni of sask? I have filled that their requirements form over 4 times and no good outcome.

Result: 4.29/5 wes conv: 3.6/4

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by hapila: 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2020
Thank you @ Yemmy for your response for example 30 credits hours course will be how much now?

hapila:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
Backupaccount:
Hello, did anyone apply to Concordia University, for Engineering program and has gotten a response? I applied since march and up till now nothing.

I am already thinking of applying to UBC and MUN (both September intake) as this is the online option available for MEng.

Any hint on how to apply for Uni of sask? I have filled that their requirements form over 4 times and no good outcome.

Result: 4.29/5 wes conv: 3.6/4
Hello,

At times Masters Admission (most esp. Thesis Related) is not all about CGPA, there might be something's u might likely be missing most esp. the type of e-mail u sent to a Potential Supervisor (is it convincing ) and etc.

So to achieve this,
u need to reach out to potential supervisors (Professors/Doctors) by send a convincing e-mail to them so they can know if u will be a good intake for them in their respective Laboratories

Check my post on page 112 in the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111

Note: Admission for SEPTEMBER 2020 might not be possible at this moment, u should be looking at September 2021 intake

All da best!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Backupaccount: 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2020
Thank you, leki.
I am not applying for Msc (Thesis) what I’m apply for is the MEng program which is actually course based.

And Yes, what I’m looking at is September 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bestvibe2020: 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2020
Good evening nairalanders, please I have a little concern.
I got accepted in Conestoga college for a postgraduate nursing programme for this fall and I am to resume on the 8th of September.
But due to my inability to completely find all the necessary documents for the visa application and the short time frame when I eventually had them which was first week of July.
I opted to apply for a defferal to the winter session 2021.
Now the thing is I have sent them a mail since July 7 and till date I have not gotten a feedback yet from them and mind you I have already paid part school fees.
I am getting a bit worked up, hope I don't lose on both ends cause now I didn't submit my application again.
Please I would be utterly grateful, if I get a response on this.
Is this how Conestoga does
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
Backupaccount:

Thank you, leki.
I am not applying for Msc (Thesis) what I’m apply for is the MEng program which is actually course based.

And Yes, what I’m looking at is September 2021
u are welcome, Alright Honorable

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)