Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155969 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 9:40am On Jul 30, 2020
Hello people!

Please who's going to Qlife tomorrow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2020
Tonyodg:
when did you apply ?
Since March, 2020.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2020
Omo I am getting impatient... lol....

I just hope mine drops soon....

Congrats bro

dicedapples:
I also applied on the 1st of July , but my background and eligibility is still processing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dicedapples: 9:54am On Jul 30, 2020
Foski01:
Omo I am getting impatient... lol....

I just hope mine drops soon....

Congrats bro

Same here, can’t stop checking for updates but nothing yet. Let’s still be patient, it will end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 30, 2020
blinn007:

Since March, 2020.
cheesy grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 10:01am On Jul 30, 2020
Yours is already moving to permanent site na... sheyb them don ask you for medicals.. you are more than half way through.

dicedapples:

Same here, can’t stop checking for updates but nothing yet. Let’s still be patient, it will end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dicedapples: 10:15am On Jul 30, 2020
Foski01:
Yours is already moving to permanent site na... sheyb them don ask you for medicals.. you are more than half way through.

Not yet, I said my eligibility and background is still being processed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 10:23am On Jul 30, 2020
Foski01:
Pls when did you guys apply?

I applied on the 1st of July

I applied on the 16th of May.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 11:08am On Jul 30, 2020
Dos2020:
Please for clarification,

If going for a 2 yrs program do you have to have the whole 2 years funds available in your account plus cad$10,000 or just first year with $10,000.

If you're going for a 2-years program, you're sponsoring yourself and you don't have any other means of income when you're there, I will advice you have the total funds i. e. Full Tuition and Living expenses for the 2 years plus miscellaneous funds for flight (4kCAD or so). But if you have a sponsor, you should only provide tuition and living expenses for 1-year, then sponsor's evidence of means of income for the subsequent years.

Disclaimer - This is just my opinion, it is not a compulsory IRCC requirements. IRCC only requests for tuition and living expenses for 1 year. Check the official study permit checklist for Nigerians for more information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Teophilus96(m): 11:50am On Jul 30, 2020
Good day house. Please why haven't I seen any scholarship for Bioresources Engineering students??

Please can someone help me with schools that gives scholarships on Bioresources Engineering? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aquanitavit: 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2020
hello good morning and congrats to you . how much do they charge for medicals please . and i will like to ask about your personal statement of account ,am 22 years old and am going for a second Bsc, how much will you advise i have in my personal account and my sponsor is my distance uncle how much would you advise should be at least in his personal account. .
blinn007:

Same here, lagos is closer for me. I am trying to find their website online, so I cud make an appointment, can you please help with the link?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2020
Teophilus96:
Good day house. Please why haven't I seen any scholarship for Bioresources Engineering students??

Please can someone help me with schools that gives scholarships on Bioresources Engineering? Thanks
Check
MSc in Bioresource Engineering
McGill University, Quebec

MScA in Bioresource Engineering

https://www.youthop.com/scholarships/post-graduate/mastercard-foundation-scholars-program-2020-at-mcgill-university-canada

And University of Saskatchewan
https://agbio.usask.ca/programs/graduate-programs.php

https://agbio.usask.ca/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2020
Aquanitavit:
hello good morning and congrats to you . how much do they charge for medicals please . and i will like to ask about your personal statement of account ,am 22 years old and am going for a second Bsc, how much will you advise i have in my personal account and my sponsor is my distance uncle how much would you advise should be at least in his personal account. .

Thanks, for the medicals it depends on where u wud be doing it, for IOM centre, it is about 46,500, I think Qlife centre should be about 35k. For the amount u should have, it depends on your school fees to be paid. There is no such fixed amount, you are quite young, you should maybe try and secure some level of funding from the university, then you could require little as 1m or less in your personal account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aquanitavit: 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
thanks
blinn007:

Thanks, for the medicals it depends on where u wud be doing it, for IOM centre, it is about 46,500, I think Qlife centre should be about 35k. For the amount u should have, it depends on your school fees to be paid. There is no such fixed amount, you are quite young, you should maybe try and secure some level of funding from the university, then you could require little as 1m or less in your personal account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BabaLuku1(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
The flywire option is the way to go for Nigeria domiciled students. After obtaining a flywire invoice/authorization then you complete your payment using a Nigeria debit card. I have sent you a mail, in case you are interested in the UK option I have used to save substantial amount using the same flywire. (Versus the Nigeria bank card limitation, high exchange rate etc.)

Graceee:

when a school just has 2 options for tuition
Fly wire and Debit card, please which is better.
The school doesn't accept form A,
They refused to give bank information's for transfer.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
blinn007:

Since March, 2020.

Online or paper ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
I reapplied 18 May 2020 still awaiting response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Deku04: 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2020
@miide2 can we connect, we're in the same situation kind of
Miide2:

Online or paper ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadamNesta: 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
@ frank, pls send email so I can contact you. I need your help. Thanks

Congratulations @Obasanjo280. It's very encouraging to see that approvals are beginning to drop gradually on this thread. Consequently, I'm delighted to be in the context of your TRV crowning achievement. I wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

To the hopefuls, I trust this approval will be a motivation to you all and inspire you to never give up on your dreams of emigrating to Canada. Wishing everyone success in their various applications.

As always, it will end in praise.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadamNesta: 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2020
Good evening Hopefuls, pls I need a sample of loe and sop. God bless you as you assist. madamnesta2017@gmail.com.

Deeply appreciated.

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
rebeccausoro:

Did you get any email? I wonder why they are doing these new stuffs with us. Medical requests used to be good news before now. I don't even know what it means any more.

Hello Rebeccausoro,

Don't ponder on this tirelessly. Yours is actually a sign of positivity.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hi,

Pls a friend just got this email and on the account nothing has changed.
She did upfront medicals, and finger prints last year when she applied for visit visa (although rejected) now applying for study permit for PhD. All on the account is the submission confirmation since May 14th and now this email. Pls does anyone have an insight of what is happening?
Thank you in advance.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by humblemoi: 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
ayoadefantastic:
Hi,

Pls a friend just got this email and on the account nothing has changed.
She did upfront medicals, and finger prints last year when she applied for visit visa (although rejected) now applying for study permit for PhD. All on the account is the submission confirmation since May 14th and now this email. Pls does anyone have an insight of what is happening?
Thank you in advance.

Please be aware of phishing emails. You can try to verify the sender's email address first and if found genuine then wait for the update on the portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2020
humblemoi:

Thank you, this is the email address. Seems legit to me.

Please be aware of phishing emails. You can try to verify the sender's email address first and if found genuine then wait for the update on the portal.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 6:18pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hassan19:
Hello everyone, I just got admitted to a school in Canada (January 2021). I need tips on how to apply for study visa. Any info would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Hassan you need to go back to part 15 and 16 and start reading , I promise you all which you seek is there in. All the best bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 6:18pm On Jul 30, 2020
Thank you.
humblemoi:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
sewenswepzy:
Good morning house, pls I need urgent reply on this
I intend applying for msc public health but I finished with a 2.2 streamlining my choices to a PGD/PGC
I thought of applying to a PGC related to health and tech such as health analytics, health informatic etc the course is completed in a year full-time in all the colleges I checked.. from what I've read through the thread a 2 years program is the best shot at getting a PR. A friend of mine suggested I go in for a 2 years PGD in health administration (I have no flair for this) then switch to another school that offers health analytics or informatics after spending a semester studying the health administration.
Pls what's the best way to go about this

Hello Sewenswepzy,

You need not to be fuss about whether the program is for a year or two. The most important thing is securing your visa. If the possibility of securing a two year program is not sure, kindly settle for the one year program. Either applying for an extension or a new study permit isn't as rigorous as it is from outside Canada.

As long as you can show the required funds for the subsequent program which at most is about 3k and able to pay your fees, you're good. However, its advisable to have a good grade after the completion of your first program, as you will be needing your transcript and/or completion letter from the head of your department prior to filing for the subsequent program.

If you see a program with co-op, kindly opt for it. The possibility to switch course or program is very allowed and acceptable without any consequence from the part of IRCC nor institution.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miztafrank: 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hello friends. I applied for study permit(paper application in March and did biometrics in same week, I have been given my track no but no further communication till last month I made an enquiry and I was asked to wait patiently. I am considering converting to online application, is this advisable?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2020
buggi102kruse:
Good day Fam,

Over a year now I have being trying to secure admission but to no avail, I currently do not know what I am not doing right.

Pls for anyone who can assist a brother pls pls
I intend to go for Meng because M.sc is more difficult.

I currently hold BS.c in Production Engineering - CGPA: 3.91 and Master's in Engineering Management - CGPA 4.12 though I don't mention the MSc in my applications so that it doesn't become an issue during visa application.

Likewise my fiancee, she has Bsc in Human physiology but has being working in an insurance company for over 2years now and counting.
Her cgpa is less than 3 around 2.8 but want to go for pgd in insurance related course, we really need assistance in doing these

Pls any advice, help or even an affordable agent to assist would be useful.

Hello Buggi102kruse,

This isn't a discouragement but if you've tried the University and Masters way, why not try out PGD/C. There are numerous first class students that have opt for PGD/C instead of Master. In this immigration process, time is of essence and age is invaluable.

A disadvantage of not declaring a level of qualification may become a future barrier if peradventure the application is refused and then intending to filing in for EE. In any move to be made, endeavour to access the nook and cranny and ensure your calculation is well-analysed.

Your fiancee can either opt for a PGD/C or Post Baccalaureate Diploma.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Teophilus96(m): 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Check
MSc in Bioresource Engineering

MScA in Bioresource Engineering

https://www.youthop.com/scholarships/post-graduate/mastercard-foundation-scholars-program-2020-at-mcgill-university-canada

And University of Saskatchewan
https://agbio.usask.ca/programs/graduate-programs.php

https://agbio.usask.ca/

Thank you very much Sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2020
dicedapples:
Hi guys, I applied for my study permit on the 1st of July, and part of my proof of funds was a certificate of treasury bills that I purchased. My application is still being processed, but the treasury bills will mature on the 30th which is tomorrow. I don’t know how this will affect my application or if I’ll need to roll over and submit that again through the web form. Please any advice will be helpful, thanks.

Hello Dicedapples,

Rolling it over may be the best bet and wait for any further request if the certificate isn't sufficient enough or liquify it and deposit it into your account then send both the BS and proof of liquidation. The latter makes more sense if the funds is sufficient enough to cover your first year studies.

All the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.