Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156379 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by eightyeight: 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations @Umulobi, I never knew you later got your VISA approved after series of rejections. Indeed, your flawless resilience and determination paid off in the long run. I'm glad it worked out in your favour, my best wishes are with you.

It will end in praise.

Hello can i please reach out to you privately?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
rebeccausoro:
Hey guys,

I checked my account today and noticed that in the general application status, there was a notice that my application/status has been updated but I didn't get any email. When I opened the application, I saw this message: "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam". However, I have not received any medical request on my email. What does this mean? What could be wrong?

Same with mine, have done biometrics, but have not done medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
Those who received medical requests recently. Did they send a mail to that effect? What is showing in your medical result status?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2020
blinn007:

Same with mine, have done biometrics, but have not done medicals.

Did you get any email? I wonder why they are doing these new stuffs with us. Medical requests used to be good news before now. I don't even know what it means any more.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2020
rebeccausoro:

Did you get any email? I wonder why they are doing these new stuffs with us. Medical requests used to be good news before now. I don't even know what it means any more.

I did not get any email, the mail I got wuz in reference to the webform I raised about the delay in processing. Hopefully it could mean they may send us a mail soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by buggi102kruse: 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2020
Lekiboboe:

With ur M.SC qualifications, it's a PH.D u should be looking forward to......... That's a career Progression

As regards getting an M.Eng Admission, u might not av a problem with that, U might need to apply in another dimension and try something new. E.g Sending a Contextualized e-mail to a Supervisor etc.

Do refer to Page 112 for Hints & Tips for Master's/PH.D admission

U not mentioning ur Master's might want to show a loop hole to a visa officer , and the VISA officer gonna question u on what u av bin doing for the past two years of the Masters u didn't me (so u would need to state that what u av bin doing).

As regards ur wife, she can check out
a One Year Post Graduate Certificate (PGC) Program in
Insurance And Risk Management (IRM1)
@ Fanshawe College, Ontario for their Jan 2021 Winter Intake

Do await more suggestions to ur Questions

Thanks a lot for the response.

The master's degree I have now is M.eng and it's a terminal degree and I do not mind taking another M.Eng in Canada. Though I have been working since 2012 and I'm 33 don't really know if the work experience takes care of the gap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by drBuqi(f): 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2020
Anyone gotten admission into memorial university of newfoundland?
Undergaduate program, preferably pharmacy(pharmd.)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:25pm On Jul 29, 2020
buggi102kruse:

The master's degree I have now is M.eng and it's a terminal degree and I do not mind taking another M.Eng in Canada. Though I have been working since 2012 and I'm 33 don't really know if the work experience takes care of the gap

U are welcome,

Alright then,

To a reasonable extent, the work experience should take care of the GAP.

In Canada, the Master of Engineering degree (M.Eng) is a graduate degree of typically two years length that involves coursework and a thesis or research paper of significant depth. Some Canadian universities offer a Master of Engineering or either a Master of Science or Master of Applied Science in engineering or both

To widen ur Admission Horizon,

Try to Contact potential supervisors & apply to loads of schools in Canada offering M.eng in ur Engineering field and look forward to a September (Fall) 2021 intake, cos that's the common intake for Master's Degree Program, though who knows COVID-19 might av turn things around

Visit the link below , u will see lists of universities offering M.Eng programs

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=M.eng&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Boyebusayo: 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2020
I just check now educational administration and planning is not in New Brunswick community college pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Flow17599: 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2020
Lekiboboe:

U are welcome,

Alright then,

To a reasonable extent, the work experience should take care of the GAP.

In Canada, the Master of Engineering degree (M.Eng) is a graduate degree of typically two years length that involves coursework and a thesis or research paper of significant depth. Some Canadian universities offer a Master of Engineering or either a Master of Science or Master of Applied Science in engineering or both

To widen ur Admission Horizon,

Try to Contact potential supervisors & apply to loads of schools in Canada offering M.eng in ur Engineering field and look forward to a September (Fall) 2021 intake, cos that's the common intake for Master's Degree Program, though who knows COVID-19 might av turn things around

Visit the link below , u will see lists of universities offering M.Eng programs

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=M.eng&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Good Evening, Great Job you are doing here.

I graduated with a CGPA of 3.14/5 in Geology but I've been working for the past 2 years post NYSC as an HR Personnel/Admin Manager. I have a sponsor who happens to be my boss wanting to sponsor me for masters in Canada and i learnt i could go to MUN depending on my CGPA in the last 2 years.
I'm thinking of doing Masters in HR on Management to show career progression as i've been told Geology is extremely worthless over there. Can i make that switch?, what are my chances?.
Please what guidance can you offer me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2020
Flow17599:
Good Evening, Great Job you are doing here.

I graduated with a CGPA of 3.14/5 in Geology but I've been working for the past 2 years post NYSC as an HR Personnel/Admin Manager. I have a sponsor who happens to be my boss wanting to sponsor me for masters in Canada and i learnt i could go to MUN depending on my CGPA in the last 2 years.
I'm thinking of doing Masters in HR on Management to show career progression as i've been told Geology is extremely worthless over there. Can i make that switch?, what are my chances?.
Please what guidance can you offer me
Thanks...

Well..well...

Dnt jump into that conclusion yet,
No degree is worthless in Canada, u might need to make ur research More, most especially on Linkdein, Quora etc.

And u know Geology is wide ,just like Computer and Medicine, it's not always about PETROLEUM EXPLORATION which is why most people think its worthless in CANADA

Check the link below about being a GEOLOGIST in CANADA
http://www.emigratecanada.com/immigrate-to-canada-as-a-geologist/

For Master's I can't say, most especially in a field not related to ur Undergraduate,
Cos ur Transcript will come handy in ur selection for a Masters and u don't have a Background in HR apart from the work experience u have which might not be enough.

But Since u seems certain of admission with ur CGPA at MUN, if its a thesis related masters, u would need to send a convincing mail to a Supervisor to know if /he she is accepting student and u gonna let him/her know why he/should accept u (this is where u would talk about ur Geology degree and what prompted u to opt for an M.SC in HR which u have 2-years Work History in )

Page 112 will guide u on that,
and u can also reach out to respective MUN alumni's or Present MUN students in the forum

Assuming it was a Geology Related M.SC u were going for, u would likely stand a good chance

My own Suggestion this,
Since u are interested in HR and u want to make that switch,
why not apply for a PGD or PGC in HR @ any of the colleges in Canada,
ur work experience will come handy on this.

As part of ur Application , apart from the conventional required documents for the PGD or PGC admission, Try get supporting Documents like a Recommendation letter from ur boss, Employment letter, free online course certificate on HR etc. something that will make the sch.(college) know that u are fit for an HR program despite having a GEOLOGY degree

Find attached the schools (colleges) offering PGD/PGC in HR

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sollie123(m): 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2020
Thanks so much.
The post you responded is similar to mine, but I have additional questions please.
I have a bsc in biotechnology, and MSc in plant genetics, but I have been teaching in the past 5 years post nysc.
I don't know if I should still further in sciences or or acquire a PGD in education?
Again, if I'm considering doing another msc before progressing to PhD, do I need to evaluate my msc or only bsc or both?
I have made attempts to contact potential supervisors for PhD but haven't been lucky, hence, my decision to start another msc .
Kindly advise on what I should do.
Thank you.
Lekiboboe:

Thanks...

Well..well...

Dnt jump into that conclusion yet,
No degree is worthless in Canada, u might need to make ur research More, most especially on Linkdein, Quora etc.

Check the link below about being a GEOLOGIST in CANADA
http://www.emigratecanada.com/immigrate-to-canada-as-a-geologist/

For Master's I can't say, most especially in a field not related to ur Undergraduate,
Cos ur Transcript will come handy in ur selection for a Masters and u don't have a Background in HR apart from the work experience u have which might not be enough.

But Since u seems certain of admission with ur CGPA at MUN, if its a thesis related masters, u would need to send a convincing mail to a Supervisor to know if /he she is accepting student and u gonna let him/her know why he/should accept u (this is where u would talk about ur Geology degree and what prompted u to opt for an M.SC in HR which u have 2-years Work History in )

Page 112 will guide u on that,
and u can also reach out to respective MUN alumni's or Present MUN students in the forum

Assuming it was a Geology Related M.SC u were going for, u would likely stand a good chance

My own Suggestion this,
Since are interested in HR and u want to make that switch,
why not apply for a PGD or PGC in HR @ any of the colleges in Canada,
ur work experience will come handy on this.

As part of ur Application , apart from the conventional required documents for the PGD or PGC admission, Try get supporting Documents like a Recommendation letter from ur boss, Employment letter, free online course certificate on HR etc. something that make the sch. know that u are fit for an HR program despite having a GEOLOGY degree

Find attached the schools (colleges) offering PGD/PGC in HR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by newmoney133: 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
Greetings.i am tired of Nigeria and I want to relocate to Canada via study visa.i have an MBA from a Nigerian university but I want to change my career.My immediate focus is healthcare assistant in camosun college(certificate).
1.can change of career path hinder my admission or visa.i want a career that is in demand.i am not a science student
2.Do I need to write weac Incase of evaluation
3.Do I need to evaluate my degree and postgraduate degrees.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wendynuel: 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2020
hello,

Just go ahead and rollover.

dicedapples:
Hi guys, I applied for my study permit on the 1st of July, and part of my proof of funds was a certificate of treasury bills that I purchased. My application is still being processed, but the treasury bills will mature on the 30th which is tomorrow. I don’t know how this will affect my application or if I’ll need to roll over and submit that again through the web form. Please any advice will be helpful, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by makano: 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2020
Embassy has never asked for IELTS, except it's a veey new Developement... IELTS is nt a requirement for study Visa, it only applies to EE... Peace
Boyebusayo:
Helo good morning , pls I think embassy will ask for ielts and pls can you get me the colleges that is doing Pgd that is at New Brunswick
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by makano: 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2020
1st and foremost , before answering ur questions..If you take this Mindset of you getting tired of Nigeria to ur application, am afraid it will lead to a refusal... Al.ost everybody here share ur mindset, but never put it to this VOs that u are tired of Nigeria.. i.e dnt in anyway put that down in ur SOP or LOE.. Now to answer ur questions.
1. Yes you can change career path, but its a vert difficult task, you will need to extraordinarily convince the VO why u are changing career with valid and sensible reasons or points.. U need a lot of convincing here.

2. Waec is nt compulsory for evaluation by WES again, unlike some months back that it was.. Evaluate ur highest degrees and u good to go..

3. Yes, you can.. I wanna assume you going for a Masters degree since u already have a PGD...
Thats what I can input for now, or her gurus can contribute... Peace
newmoney133:
Greetings.i am tired of Nigeria and I want to relocate to Canada via study visa.i have an MBA from a Nigerian university but I want to change my career.My immediate focus is healthcare assistant in camosun college(certificate).
1.can change of career path hinder my admission or visa.i want a career that is in demand.i am not a science student
2.Do I need to write weac Incase of evaluation
3.Do I need to evaluate my degree and postgraduate degrees.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
sollie123:
Thanks so much.
The post you responded is similar to mine, but I have additional questions please.
I have a bsc in biotechnology, and MSc in plant genetics, but I have been teaching in the past 5 years post nysc.
I don't know if I should still further in sciences or or acquire a PGD in education?
Again, if I'm considering doing another msc before progressing to PhD, do I need to evaluate my msc or only bsc or both?
I have made attempts to contact potential supervisors for PhD but haven't been lucky, hence, my decision to start another msc .
Kindly advise on what I should do.
Thank you.
U can apply for both.... Either for M.SC , PH.D or PGD, one or two of them could just click or even all
And it all boils down to what u want, either a Career in Science or a Career in Education

U should only do an evaluation for either of the two if the sch. ask for it, if not ,use it like that...

If u can get a related free/paid online course that relates to ur Biotechnology & Plant Genetics degree, do it, it would one way or the other re-ignite ur science background.

As regards u not being lucky as regards getting a response from a Supervisor , u might need to try something new...., how can ur B.SC and M.Sc align to the research interest of the supervisor.......... Send me a PM.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2020
buggi102kruse:

I think you can still get a PhD or a masters after you'll switch to PhD after few semesters. Always email the grad school for probability and seek supervisors, telling them you have masters.

U will only hide ur masters from the VO if u eventually still get masters. School is different. All the best in your endeavour
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by newmoney133: 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2020
Thanks for the reply.I have masters in business administration but I want to change to healthcare which is a certificate course.
makano:
1st and foremost , before answering ur questions..If you take this Mindset of you getting tired of Nigeria to ur application, am afraid it will lead to a refusal... Al.ost everybody here share ur mindset, but never put it to this VOs that u are tired of Nigeria.. i.e dnt in anyway put that down in ur SOP or LOE.. Now to answer ur questions.
1. Yes you can change career path, but its a vert difficult task, you will need to extraordinarily convince the VO why u are changing career with valid and sensible reasons or points.. U need a lot of convincing here.

2. Waec is nt compulsory for evaluation by WES again, unlike some months back that it was.. Evaluate ur highest degrees and u good to go..

3. Yes, you can.. I wanna assume you going for a Masters degree since u already have a PGD...
Thats what I can input for now, or her gurus can contribute... Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nellyoo: 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2020
Insanity:

Hope you're aware that 1-year program can only fetch you 1 year PGWP. If your plan in the end is to pursue PR, this might not be good for you. I advice you go for a program 16-24 months in length, which will lead to a 3-years PGWP, enough time to apply for PR.

I thought you mentioned getting a sponsor in your initial post. If you have your full tuition and additional 11kCAD as living expenses, If I were you, i will include 5kCAD for miscellaneous like flight expenses and others, that should be enough for a 1-year program. But remember you will only get 1-year PGWP.

A PGD program is okay because you have HND.

He doesn't need the HR to sign, mine was signed by my manager, but all the other items were fulfilled, letterhead etcetera

I don't think 300k worth of shares can get you a strong home tie, in my opinion. How many units can that amount purchase? From your profile, you graduated last year, you've not had any paid employment, I don't think the VO would be looking for assets to tie you to your home country.

Goodluck!

Thank you so much for your response

Pls can you or any other member of this house explain a little further on how it will be difficult to apply for PR with a 1 year PGWP.

Thank you house

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sewenswepzy(m): 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2020
Good evening house, pls I need urgent reply on this
I intend applying for msc public health but I finished with a 2.2 streamlining my choices to a PGD/PGC
I thought of applying to a PGC related to health and tech such as health analytics, health informatic etc the course is completed in a year full-time in all the colleges I checked.. from what I've read through the thread a 2 years program is the best shot at getting a PR. A friend of mine suggested I go in for a 2 years PGD in health administration (I have no flair for this) then switch to another school that offers health analytics or informatics after spending a semester studying the health administration.
Pls what's the best way to go about this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Boyebusayo: 7:24pm On Jul 29, 2020
Helo pls I can’t find educational administration and planning in New Brunswick community college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Boyebusayo: 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2020
And pls wht is EE pls @makano
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by cuteesthy(f): 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2020
sewenswepzy:
Good evening house, pls I need urgent reply on this
I intend applying for msc public health but I finished with a 2.2 streamlining my choices to a PGD/PGC
I thought of applying to a PGC related to health and tech such as health analytics, health informatic etc the course is completed in a year full-time in all the colleges I checked.. from what I've read through the thread a 2 years program is the best shot at getting a PR. A friend of mine suggested I go in for a 2 years PGD in health administration (I have no flair for this) then switch to another school that offers health analytics or informatics after spending a semester studying the health administration.
Pls what's the best way to go about this
Check Douglas college I think they have 2yrs program in Health Information Management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2020
Boyebusayo:
Helo pls I can’t find educational administration and planning in New Brunswick community college
They don't have, why not check other Province ..
and by the way , av u checked out a PGD or PGC in Early Childhood Education in Canada?, u can check it out, there are Lotta colleges offering it in Canada, too some extent, I got a feeling it aligns with the Edu. Planning PGD/PGC program u are looking for , but u know best......

my opinion though... smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2020
Boyebusayo:
And pls wht is EE pls @makano
Express Entry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obasanjo280: 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations @Obasanjo280. It's very encouraging to see that approvals are beginning to drop gradually on this thread. Consequently, I'm delighted to be in the context of your TRV crowning achievement. I wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

To the hopefuls, I trust this approval will be a motivation to you all and inspire you to never give up on your dreams of emigrating to Canada. Wishing everyone success in their various applications.

As always, it will end in praise.
Oga Frank thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nellyoo: 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2020
Nellyoo:

Pls can you or any other member of this house explain a little further on how it will be difficult to apply for PR with a 1 year PGWP.

Thank you house

Pls guys, I would appreciate your responses. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
Nellyoo:

Thank you house
Looking forward to this answer too.

I applied for 1yr PGC, can I apply for another 1year course towards the end of my current course to qualify me for 2yrs study which equals 3yrs PGWP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
NairaLuck:

Looking forward to this answer too.

I applied for 1yr PGC, can I apply for another 1year course towards the end of my current course to qualify me for 2yrs study which equals 3yrs PGWP.
Yes you can ,that’s exactly what you should do.
But you are going through the same process again
Proof of funds and co just that you are going to be inside Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sollie123(m): 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2020
Thanks alot for the elaborate explanation sir. I tried sending a mail, I don't know if it delivered.
Possible I contact you in whatsapp?
Lekiboboe:

U can apply for both.... Either for M.SC , PH.D or PGD, one or two of them could just click or even all
And it all boils down to what u want, either a Career in Science or a Career in Education

U should only do an evaluation for either of the two if the sch. ask for it, if not ,use it like that...

If u can get a related free/paid online course that relates to ur Biotechnology & Plant Genetics degree, do it, it would one way or the other re-ignite ur science background.

As regards u not being lucky as regards getting a response from a Supervisor , u might need to try something new...., how can ur B.SC and M.Sc align to the research interest of the supervisor.......... Send me a PM.....

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by makano: 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2020
How do you mean Certificate course, do you mean OFC? If So, please dnt even think of doing that cos it does nt show career progression.. U already have a Master degree and u wanna go for a certificate course ? That is a straight and big refusal ..... Except you hide the fa t that u already have a Maters degree, which I dnt advise you do, cos u just have to put down the whole truth to this VOs... Peace
newmoney133:
Thanks for the reply.I have masters in business administration but I want to change to healthcare which is a certificate course.

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.