Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,009 members, 7,810,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155897 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by buggi102kruse: 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2020
Pls house, looking at the criteria below is someone who has cgpa 3.91 eligible to apply?

Nigeria

Admission to Master's Program

Minimum Equivalent Qualifications

For admission to a master’s program, the qualifications listed are normally recognized as equivalent to a Simon Fraser University 4-year bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade of B.

The Higher National Diploma is NOT suitable as a basis of admission for a Master's degree.

Required Credential or Degree

Honours Bachelor's degree

Minimum Overall Academic Standing

4 on a 5-point scale;

Second Class Honours, Upper Division

Admission to Doctoral Program

Required Credential or Degree

Master's degree

Minimum Overall Academic Standing

4 on a 5-point scale;
Second Class Honours, Upper Division

English Language Proficiency Test

Applicants with a degree from this country are exempt from submitting proof of English Language competency if the degree was completed at an institution where the language of instruction and examination was in English.

Education System

Language(s) of Instruction
Nigerian, English

Grading System

Grading System

Grading System

5-Point Scale

Scale Percentage Classification Division
5 70.00 - 100.00 First Class Honours
4 60.00 - 69.99 Second Class Honours Upper Division
3 50.00 - 59.99 Second Class Honours Lower Division
2 45.00 - 49.99 Third Class
1 40.00 - 44.99 Pass
F 0.00 - 39.99
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 11:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
Nellyoo:

Pls guys, I would appreciate your responses. Thank you

Most people always advise students to go for 16/24 months program so that they can get 3 years PGWP. This will give them enough time to apply for PR. Honestly, 1 year goes by so fast In Canada. I am tempted to say time abroad goes faster than the one in Nigeria.
This does not mean I have not seen people finish 1 year degree programs, get 1 year PGWP and then get their PR. I will give you an example of two different situations.

Some of my pals graduated last year August. They applied for PGWP around mid September 2019, got jobs around October via implied status and received 1 year PGWP in January 2020. April this year, some of them lost their jobs for obvious reasons (Covid19). They plan was to use the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) under the Express entry program (EE). The CEC needs you to have at least 1 year of experience in Canada under NOC O, A or B to be able to apply for PR (there are other factors to get necessary points).

Unfortunately, Covid spoilt plans and their PGWP expires December 2020. Till date, they have not found another job and PGWP is running out. P.s Under normal circumstances, IRCC says PGWP cannot be extended for international students. However, I advised them to write a letter requesting for PGWP extension citing the pandemic as sufficient reason for such. If they can prove they were laid off due to Covid19, IRCC will extend (this is my opinion and not backed up by any law).

The point is, with a 1 year PGWP, anything can happen, timeframe can be a bit short.

I also have some friends in Ottawa, Brampton who still have their jobs, same 1 year PGWP and they will be applying for PR around October/November. For these ones, 1 year PGWP is good news for them because it saved them the cost of applying for another program and luckily, Covid did not affect their jobs.

So In a nutshell, your answer to the questions below will help you determine if 1 year PGWP is the best for you.

(1) What express entry route will you use?

(2) Which province will you be studying? In some provinces, you can become PR so fast via their PNP nomination programs.

Answers to questions (1) and (2) are very key.

(3) What are your skills and experience and what program will you be studying in Canada? Your skills, experience and program of study plays a key role in how fast you will get a job in Canada.

(4) Can you pass IELTS/CELPIP in 1 year? I have seen people do these exams 4 times

(5) You can start searching some job sites (Indeed, glassdoor, linkedin) and start checking for possible jobs related to your program under NOC 0,A,B. How often do you see job opportunities in your proposed program of study? do you have the technical skills being asked for?

The factors/questions above are not exhaustive. There may be other things you need to consider. Do your research. You have the time now.

Just so you know; the same documents you need to get 1 year visa is exactly same you need to get 2 years visa.
I wish you all the best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Graceee: 11:26pm On Jul 29, 2020
when a school just has 2 options for tuition
Fly wire and Debit card, please which is better.
The school doesn't accept form A,
They refused to give bank information's for transfer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hassan19: 12:09am On Jul 30, 2020
Hello everyone, I just got admitted to a school in Canada (January 2021). I need tips on how to apply for study visa. Any info would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Backupaccount: 12:14am On Jul 30, 2020
Graceee:

when a school just has 2 options for tuition
Fly wire and Debit card, please which is better.
The school doesn't accept form A,
They refused to give bank information's for transfer.

Your only option is flywire. Except you have a Dollar debit card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 1:06am On Jul 30, 2020
blinn007:

I did not get any email, the mail I got wuz in reference to the webform I raised about the delay in processing. Hopefully it could mean they may send us a mail soon.

I finally got the medical request in my email! You should check yours too.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 30, 2020
rebeccausoro:

congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 30, 2020
rebeccausoro:

congratulations I told you it will be positive

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 30, 2020
rebeccausoro:

Thanks I just saw mine, congrats. Where are you planning on doing your medicals lag or abj?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 1:15am On Jul 30, 2020
Tonyodg:
congratulations I told you it will be positive
Thank you. I just hope we can still follow the pre-covid-19 logic of medical request = 95% guarantee of approval.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 1:16am On Jul 30, 2020
blinn007:

Thanks I just saw mine, congrats. Where are you planning on doing your medicals lag or abj?

Lagos is closer and cheaper to reach for me. I may likely use IOM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 30, 2020
rebeccausoro:

Lagos is closer and cheaper to reach for me. I may likely use IOM.

Same here, lagos is closer for me. I am trying to find their website online, so I cud make an appointment, can you please help with the link?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 1:34am On Jul 30, 2020
blinn007:

Same here, lagos is closer for me. I am trying to find their website online, so I cud make an appointment, can you please help with the link?

https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas

I booked 8am on Tuesday already!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 30, 2020
rebeccausoro:

Thanks, that wuz really fast, let me book mine o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:37am On Jul 30, 2020
rebeccausoro:

Thanks, I just booked mine, 8am Tuesday, do you reside in lagos? or wud be travelling
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 2:45am On Jul 30, 2020
blinn007:

Thanks, I just booked mine, 8am Tuesday, do you reside in lagos? or wud be travelling

I would be travelling. I'll arrive Lagos on Monday. We are likely to meet ourselves there since we booked the same time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hassan19: 2:52am On Jul 30, 2020
[quote author=rebeccausoro post=92252961]

What is the minimum amount of money needed in the account statement for Canada study permit and can I generate my bank statement via the GT mobile bank app?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:04am On Jul 30, 2020
sollie123:
Thanks alot for the elaborate explanation sir. I tried sending a mail, I don't know if it delivered.
Possible I contact you in whatsapp?
mail seen & responded to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:12am On Jul 30, 2020
rebeccausoro:

Thank you. I just hope we can still follow the pre-covid-19 logic of medical request = 95% guarantee of approval.
i really hope so too, this is a good sign

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:30am On Jul 30, 2020
Hassan19:
Hello everyone, I just got admitted to a school in Canada (January 2021). I need tips on how to apply for study visa. Any info would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
@Hassan19,
Congratulations on ur admission,
For Tips on How to Apply for a Canada Study Visa
Visit the following pages , Page 1, 29, 132, 111, 73, 116, 144, 145, 67

Then if u av questions along the line u are compiling ur documents & on the verge of submitting ur Study Permit Application, do ask and u will be responded to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:55am On Jul 30, 2020
[quote author=Hassan19 post=92252995][/quote]
@Hassan19

Only u can determine that,
U av to be able to show that u av a one year living expenses of $10,000 CAD compulsorily

Then ur Tuition fee,

That will make u know the amount of money u need to av in ur account or ur sponsors account.

And if u are bin sponsored, even after showing the the availability of ur tuition fee and the one-year living expenses, there must be a substantial amount left in ur sponsors account so it won't look like ur sponsor emptied his account just to send u to study overseas without having anything to fall back on for his business purpose or his other children(Most esp. If the sponsor is ur Dad or Mum and u av siblings or relative who has his/her business and kids)

Visit the link below on how to

Generate GTBank mybankStatement ticket
https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/628

U can also check @Luckymama post in page 1 about GT bank mybankStatement ticket
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by newmoney133: 6:10am On Jul 30, 2020
Thanks

quote author=makano post=92249489]How do you mean Certificate course, do you mean OFC? If So, please dnt even think of doing that cos it does nt show career progression.. U already have a Master degree and u wanna go for a certificate course ? That is a straight and big refusal ..... Except you hide the fa t that u already have a Maters degree, which I dnt advise you do, cos u just have to put down the whole truth to this VOs... Peace [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jacktours: 6:39am On Jul 30, 2020
rebeccausoro:

when did u applied please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dos2020: 8:17am On Jul 30, 2020
Please for clarification,

If going for a 2 yrs program do you have to have the whole 2 years funds available in your account plus cad$10,000 or just first year with $10,000.

Lekiboboe:

@Hassan19

Only u can determine that,
U av to be able to show that u av a one year living expenses of $10,000 CAD compulsorily

Then ur Tuition fee,

That will make u know the amount of money u need to av in ur account or ur sponsors account.

And if u are bin sponsored, even after showing the the availability of ur tuition fee and the one-year living expenses, there must be a substantial amount left in ur sponsors account so it won't look ur sponsor emptied his account just to send u to study overseas without having anything to fall back on for his business purpose or his other children(Most esp. If the sponsor is ur Dad or Mum and u av siblings or relative who has his/her business and kids)

Visit the link below on how to

Generate GTBank mybankStatement ticket
https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/628
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:20am On Jul 30, 2020
Dos2020:

If going for a 2 yrs program do you have to have the whole 2 years funds available in your account plus cad$10,000 or just first year with $10,000.

Nope, u don't av to show funds for the the 2years, just Show for the first year,
but
if u got the funds for the 2years, do show it...

But u av to show evidence of what would bring the funds for second year, in this case its advisable to av a Sponsor...

My opinion though....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 30, 2020
rebeccausoro:

I would be travelling. I'll arrive Lagos on Monday. We are likely to meet ourselves there since we booked the same time.

Same here. Safe trip on your travel, till on tuesday then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2020
blinn007:

Same here. Safe trip on your travel, till on tuesday then.
when did you apply ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 9:16am On Jul 30, 2020
Pls when did you guys apply?

I applied on the 1st of July

rebeccausoro:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dicedapples: 9:35am On Jul 30, 2020
Foski01:
Pls when did you guys apply?

I applied on the 1st of July

I also applied on the 1st of July , but my background and eligibility is still processing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hassan19: 9:37am On Jul 30, 2020
Dos2020:

Thank you for your response. Will 4million be enough to be in my bank statement? Note: I haven’t paid the tuition fee and can I pay the tuition fee from the 4m after submitting my study permit application? Or I must look for another money to pay the tuition fee

It’s a graduate certificate program ( A year)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.