Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155399 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2020
Sapte:
@Frankrobbn1 Please my sitution is a bit complicated. I applied using an agent, before getting to know about this thread on Nairaland. This was in June. I told the agent to give me a password so I can check the cic site and get details on my application but he said doing that means he has given me access to all his clients information. So right now until he tells me there is an update I don't even know how far my application has gone. Kindly advice me what to do please. I do get email notification but I really want to have access to my details on the site and even see the documents he submitted. Since then, he only sent the biometrics request form and he said no update yet
This agents ehn, sad

The world is going DIY (do-it-yourself) in many things lately, most especially for immigration . Thanks to platforms like Canada Student Visa Thread (Nairaland) and YouTube Channels.

Don't be surprised some agents do come to this forum for knowledge from the scratch etc.

Just have faith & be hopeful it ends in praise with your application

All da best!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bobogee007(m): 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2020
Hi Gurus in the house,
Please I'm getting worried, I submitted my visa application on May 26 against fall semester although no biometric capturing yet but my concern now is that the application is more than 8 weeks now has both eligibility review and background check is still under review. I'm so worried

embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 5:39pm On Aug 03, 2020
Thanks alot. I will.

Anon123:

Go and demand for your login details asap in person ... Dont give him room to post you ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2020
bobogee007:
Hi Gurus in the house,
Please I'm getting worried, I submitted my visa application on May 26 against fall semester although no biometric capturing yet but my concern now is that the application is more than 8 weeks now has both eligibility review and background check is still under review. I'm so worried

embarassed embarassed embarassed

I submitted May 6 with all documents including biometrics because it's a reapplication but I haven't gotten any update... just have a little patience... You know good things never come easy for some people, back up your documents with prayer and hope for the best.
Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bobogee007(m): 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
All is well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jesusrules24: 7:30pm On Aug 03, 2020
I need advise please. I applied since March 29th and I have not gotten any response. It's been saying 'eligibility and background check in progress' since then.

This is my first application and I have not done biometrics.

I applied for postgraduate diploma for Fall, which is just next month. I already paid my 1st semester fee.

Please advise. Whats should I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milo9(m): 8:10pm On Aug 03, 2020
Austacus:

What do you mean by 80% of tuition paid?

Did you pay for 1 term/semester or you almost paid everything and the remaining balance is maybe about 2k left?

Is this your first application?

I will be frank with you, Your account statement is a gamble

What's Your first degree/programme and intending degree in Canada?

I don't want to go too deep in this, there are about 5 different cases in study permit application (case 85, case 30, case 31 case 70...) it's good to order for GCMS notes whenever your application is taking longer than expected or it's being paused somewhere, it enables you to know what they are expecting from you prior in your application. they won't notify you until your visa has been refused, very very few VOs ask for it. Some application gets up to 7 VOs some 2 some 10, some even 1
(that's where God comes in).

I don't know if you're going for college degree (PGD/PGC, etc, ) but I personally don't advise people with bachelor degrees in Nigeria to submit professional certificates it complicates college application.

If your application is not too long, as I said earlier, it could be your stream on background checks is pretty slow. It will get to your turn, this is not common but just chill and relax, but if your application has been long maybe 2 months. Order your GCMS notes to know what exactly they are expecting from you.
- 11kCAD out of 13kCAD first year fee paid.
- it’s my first application.
- I studied accounting and got admission for global business management PGD
- I applied just 3 weeks ago.
Thank �u so much for your time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Zolagigo(m): 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2020
@milo9, please which college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Folhu57: 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2020
Thank you for responding
Do you think it will have a negative effect, I’m currently awaiting a miracle in the pool.
Initially I wanted to go for masters but lack of POF
My siblings suggested PR
But it’s taking a while plus now the funds I
For POF is achievable
JustMellow:

Hello Folhu57,

Yes, you can. Dual intent is acceptable and recognized by IRCC and the VOs may assess both applications by applying discretion. Both are processed independently, which may be a good thing. And yes, there are few who have succeeded.

In fact, now is the right time to apply for SP for Winter 2021 if you're considering the study route.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Folhu57: 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
Thank you for the response
Please do you have a guide I can go through to help me through the application process
Frankrobbn1:

Yes its possible and legal to migrate to Canada via the study permit route while you've an active EE profile. We have discussed on this topic on countless occasions on this thread. Hence, in an attempt not to derail this thread with repetitive answers, I'll have to refer you to IRCC website about DUAL INTENTS (HAVING AN ACTIVE EE PROFILE AND APPLYING FOR STUDY PERMIT).

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 03, 2020
Jesusrules24:
I need advise please. I applied since March 29th and I have not gotten any response. It's been saying 'eligibility and background check in progress' since then.

This is my first application and I have not done biometrics.

I applied for postgraduate diploma for Fall, which is just next month. I already paid my 1st semester fee.

Please advise. Whats should I do?

It was same for me, I applied early March, there was no response, until I raised a web webform concerning the delay late last month, within 2 days they sent an update concerning the application, so I wud suggest u send a webform concerning the issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dos2020: 11:22pm On Aug 03, 2020
@ Lekibobe,

Please Lambton website show Ielts is required for international student. Can it be waved for Nigeria’s? Any one applied to Lambton past or present?

Check LAMBTON College as well for their PGD/PGC Business program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justexcellent: 12:15am On Aug 04, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by femilong: 1:00am On Aug 04, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Not just submitting a bank statements with your application, you also need to show proof as to the source of income in the SOA. Well, your agent will be in a better position to know what he submitted in your application to demonstrate those claims. Since you've submitted, you can't change anything, but can only hope for the best.

It will end in praise

Amen
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justexcellent: 1:07am On Aug 04, 2020
@Lekiboboe @Frank @justmellow

justexcellent:
Hello,

I mistakenly inputed winter start date on the imm1294e form instead of the fall session. Can I create a webform for this?

What do you think I could do, please?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milo9(m): 1:54am On Aug 04, 2020
Zolagigo:
@milo9, please which college?
Conestoga

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Taiwolus: 3:49am On Aug 04, 2020
justexcellent:
Hello,

I mistakenly inputed winter start date on the imm1294e form instead of the fall session. Can I create a webform for this?

What do you think I could do, please?
Thanks

Sure you could raise a webform. It'd only be funny when you raise a webform that you'd be starting this Fall, and then another webform (in 4 weeks) that you'd be starting next winter.

The present Study Visa processing time is scary enough to make anyone defer admission. My honest N2K.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by shams040(m): 4:12am On Aug 04, 2020
When is fall 2021 application commencing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 5:07am On Aug 04, 2020
shams040:
When is fall 2021 application commencing?

Some universities have started while some would begin in September, it’s advisable to apply early.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bettymi: 6:05am On Aug 04, 2020
Pls can anyone suggest cheap schools for undergraduate programs ?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Royalty00: 8:10am On Aug 04, 2020
Hello house, I am currently in my final year but I want to start the application process to graduate school for fall 2021 intake.
Due to the pandemic, I may not have some required documents before application deadline, is it still advisable to start the process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 04, 2020
Royalty00:
Hello house, I am currently in my final year but I want to start the application process to graduate school for fall 2021 intake.
Due to the pandemic, I may not have some required documents before application deadline, is it still advisable to start the process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kamsiroyce: 8:19am On Aug 04, 2020
Hello house.

Pls, what is the implication of my profile page and what should I expect next?

My profile reads:

-We are reviewing your eligibility

-Medicals passed (Medicals requested 23rd July. Medicals done on 25th July)

-We are processing your background check.

Note: Biometrics not done yet.

Thank you all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2020
Kamsiroyce:
Hello house.

Pls, what is the implication of my profile page and what should I expect next?

My profile reads:

-We are reviewing your eligibility

-Medicals passed (Medicals requested 23rd July. Medicals done on 25th July)

-We are processing your background check.

Note: Biometrics not done yet.

Thank you all

Did you have to do anything after your medicals for them to update your profile?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kamsiroyce: 8:57am On Aug 04, 2020
I did not do anything. 4 days after the medicals, I checked my profile page and I saw medicals passed.
SKEPTA:

Did you have to do anything after your medicals for them to update your profile?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:10am On Aug 04, 2020
Bettymi:
Pls can anyone suggest cheap schools for undergraduate programs ?
Thanks
Cheap Schools for Undergraduate Programs in Canada

- Brandon University.

- Universite de Saint - Boniface.

- University of Guelph.

- Canadian Mennonite University.

- Memorial University of Newfoundland

- University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by papijulah: 9:18am On Aug 04, 2020
Please, is it advisable I go for my ielts exam with just the photocopy of my passport as the hard copy is in use.

It's urgent please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kinzeerichy: 9:32am On Aug 04, 2020
blinn007:

It was same for me, I applied early March, there was no response, until I raised a web webform concerning the delay late last month, within 2 days they sent an update concerning the application, so I wud suggest u send a webform concerning the issue.

Greeting. Was the update satisfactory? Do you mind talking about it? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 9:37am On Aug 04, 2020
milo9:

Conestoga
Hey mate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 04, 2020
blinn007:

Your application was over 4 months... thank God they replied
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2020
Dos2020:
@ Lekibobe,

Please Lambton website show Ielts is required for international student. Can it be waved for Nigeria’s? Any one applied to Lambton past or present?

Check LAMBTON College as well for their PGD/PGC Business program
U don't need IELTS, cos u come from an English Speaking Country (Nigeria), so even if you see it in an admission requirement, u are EXEMPTED.

IELTS as a requirement for admission purpose are meant for countries whose official language is not English
E.g India, China, Philippines. Vietnam etc

But along the line they are reviewing ur application if the school insist that u should get a PROOF OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY ,
U will need to find a way to request for or get a LETTER OF CONFIRMATION OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE (more else like an IELTS waiver) from the school u graduated from (the REGISTRAR or anyone in Charge)

The registrar will state in the letter that " Nigeria is an English Speaking country and that the medium of instruction thru out ur study in that school was English Language etc. "
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oma22: 10:20am On Aug 04, 2020
blinn007:

Hope you didn’t get the generic response they send everyone. I sent them a web form and got the same generic response. The wait is tiring, since March 8 I applied.

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.